Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
Good lord, Homestuck fans.

TumbleHussie posted:

I don’t know if this was the best way to do this.
And I’m not completely sure that people aren’t just changing their profile names as I scroll through these.
Maybe I’ll randomly change the parameters without saying how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Factory Factory posted:

Good lord, Homestuck fans.

Said Homestuck fans have also found Hussie's address through the GPS data in that alphabet die picture. He's going to have to move or some poo poo because of creepy fat nerds.

Vaah fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Dec 14, 2011

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
People always seem to forget about that metadata. I hope no raging fans kill Hussie in revenge for ruining their shipping grids :ohdear:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
If he can survive the average convention crowd, I'm sure he'll be fine.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Man found dead in own home. When questioned, the perp only said, "I was his true kismesis."

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Talorat posted:

People always seem to forget about that metadata. I hope no raging fans kill Hussie in revenge for ruining their shipping grids :ohdear:

I can completely see some 400 pound guy in cat ears charging at Hussie with a katana, screaming "FOR NEPETA". And then I see him falling down after three feet, clutching his chest and wheezing.

Rykert
Mar 13, 2010
eFame: the most dangerous game

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer

Vaah posted:

Said Homestuck fans have also found Hussie's address through the GPS data in that alphabet die picture. He's going to have to move or some poo poo because of creepy fat nerds.

Wait this isn't a joke? Did some crazy fans actually do this?

I really hope Homestuck doesn't turn into Misery. :ohdear:

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Ketzal posted:

Tru Fax

I'd post it here, but that poo poo doesn't need to be spread around anymore than it already has.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Dolash posted:

Maybe PM is about to give WV the ring so he can survive?

Can't PM just use her near total control over space and time to...unfuck the hole in his gut? I mean she has First Guardian powers now.

Also John is looking classy as hell in that calendar art.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Manipulating space and time are one thing, recreating somebody's guts out of thin air seems entirely another.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Good for stabbing people, not so good for unstabbing people.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Cabbit posted:

Manipulating space and time are one thing, recreating somebody's guts out of thin air seems entirely another.

I think we have precedent, actually. If Scratch can put out fires and put his entire house back into its original state with a wave of the hand, this seems equally doable.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

I think we have precedent, actually. If Scratch can put out fires and put his entire house back into its original state with a wave of the hand, this seems equally doable.

That's just moving things around though, really. Even if PM could warp WV's innards back into him from where they sit in a separate universe, they wouldn't just lock into place and make him good as new. He'd just have a sack of guts wobbling precariously in his gaping torso hole.

Plus Scratch has had untold millennia to master his powers, and is, after all, an accredited doctor of something or other. His fine control is probably much better than PM's, or Jack's for that matter.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Android Blues posted:

Plus Scratch has had untold millennia to master his powers, and is, after all, an accredited doctor of something or other.
He actually just has a J.D. but insists on being called a doctor anyway even though he isn't technically qualified.

Yeah, he's one of those types.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I have little doubt that First Guardian powers are enough to heal potentially life-ending wounds like WV's, but it would take an amount of precision that I doubt PM is capable of employing right now. Plus, some of his carapace is probably still in the other universe.

Then again, I have my doubts slapping the ring on him would save his life either. If for no other reason that it would be super loving lame to have PM put the ring on, face off with Jack in one of the most visually striking and tense moments in the comic period, and then just have her toss the ring off to WV.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

VJeff posted:

I have little doubt that First Guardian powers are enough to heal potentially life-ending wounds like WV's, but it would take an amount of precision that I doubt PM is capable of employing right now. Plus, some of his carapace is probably still in the other universe.

Then again, I have my doubts slapping the ring on him would save his life either. If for no other reason that it would be super loving lame to have PM put the ring on, face off with Jack in one of the most visually striking and tense moments in the comic period, and then just have her toss the ring off to WV.

So what do you suggest? Taking for granted that WV will survive somehow, but First Guardian powers can't save him and neither can slapping on the ring, what's left?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Android Blues posted:

That's just moving things around though, really. Even if PM could warp WV's innards back into him from where they sit in a separate universe, they wouldn't just lock into place and make him good as new. He'd just have a sack of guts wobbling precariously in his gaping torso hole.

Plus Scratch has had untold millennia to master his powers, and is, after all, an accredited doctor of something or other. His fine control is probably much better than PM's, or Jack's for that matter.

Undoing the damage caused by a roaring inferno isn't "just moving things around", so no, it still seems perfectly doable from what we've seen of First Guardian powers.

Inexperience is the only plausible excuse.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
So is Jack just leaving now to rampage across the Trolls' Prospit and Derse, or did he return to the gate afterwards?

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Dr Christmas posted:

So is Jack just leaving now to rampage across the Trolls' Prospit and Derse, or did he return to the gate afterwards?

He's just leaving to stab off some steam now.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

^ It's hard to tell, but it looks like he's going after the troll asteroid that Sollux is piloting.

Possibly to kill some trolls and present their dead bodies to his new love as a present. As dogs do. (Well, more cats, but I've heard of dogs doing that)

Vaah posted:

I thought they already knew his address? Wasn't there a thing where 4chan was going to mail him a bunch of dildos or something? I recall it being mentioned in this thread.

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010

Bobulus posted:

Wasn't there a thing where 4chan was going to mail him a bunch of dildos or something

As it should be.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Captain Oblivious posted:

Undoing the damage caused by a roaring inferno isn't "just moving things around", so no, it still seems perfectly doable from what we've seen of First Guardian powers.

Inexperience is the only plausible excuse.
j
Three possibilities:
1. The. Seppucrow prototype removes the need for guts because there is a sword buried there or Prospit rings have benevolent properties as opposed to Red Miles.g
2.She tries kissing him, and their tears brings Ash back to life.
3.Either way, it will be a success, because although Jack stabbed his way through the exiles, it's still her task to bring him to justice, and she still can appoint a Wastelandic Vindicator.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Haha, that's about four questions a second. In the middle of the night for most of his audience, too.

Dr Christmas posted:

This is long after that. It goes like this: Jack shows up in the troll session and slices the gate in half. As the trolls sit fretting in their lab, he smashes their lands and destroys Prospit and Derse; Aradia gets godded in the process. After she gets away, he kills the frog. At the same time, the light of the green sun reaches the session and the trolls start zooming towards it, but Jack doesn't follow them immediately because a distracting white superdog lady showed up. That brings us to today's pages, where he has just absconded to chase the trolls instead of risking a fight with PM.

Edit: And he's already posted his answers. I like the "temporal wind resistance" idea.

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Dec 14, 2011

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Andrew Hussie posted:

A6 will probably still be shorter than A5. But it could wind up being close.
So, there you go. Lots of Homestuck still left :toot:

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
And again he teases us with the possibility of a 48-squiddle intermission. So close, so close...

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Talorat posted:

Vriska fans will be coming out of the woodwork.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Plom Bar posted:

So what do you suggest? Taking for granted that WV will survive somehow, but First Guardian powers can't save him and neither can slapping on the ring, what's left?

Bandages made from...frog...skin? :saddowns:

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

pandaK posted:

It's a crab blargh

I really like Rose's hair in this picture.

really really
like it.

It looks a lot like Mom's hair. It made me do a double take and think that Jake and Mom were in the picture instead.

:goonsay:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So, Jack is going to head for the green sun too I guess (and I guess become the one who is killing the outer gods?). I assume the trolls are already in the furthest ring and thus are safe from having Jack just teleport amongst them, so I guess the question is just whether Sollux's psychic powers have made the meteor go fast enough that they will keep their distance from Jack (who will presumably be traveling near the speed of light).

Just hoping after all that's happened our mortal trolls are able to get away :ohdear:

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Nate RFB posted:

So, there you go. Lots of Homestuck still left :toot:

So Act6 will be exactly one page shorter than act 5

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I'm late to the party, but Hussie's a lefty?

I don't know why I even care about that.

pkmnfrk
Dec 24, 2010

Chester Hjorvarth
Victorious this day
3-7-2011

Nate RFB posted:

So, Jack is going to head for the green sun too I guess (and I guess become the one who is killing the outer gods?). I assume the trolls are already in the furthest ring and thus are safe from having Jack just teleport amongst them, so I guess the question is just whether Sollux's psychic powers have made the meteor go fast enough that they will keep their distance from Jack (who will presumably be traveling near the speed of light).

Just hoping after all that's happened our mortal trolls are able to get away :ohdear:

Two things bear consideration:

1. Are Sollux's powers enough to surpass the speed of light? Probably not, since he does not have first guardian powers. Or, maybe he can get up to twice the speed of light (since he's like that). Actually, I like this latter idea. Therefore, I propose that the distance from the trolls to the Green Sun is 6 light years (accounting for the weird time poo poo that happens as you move into the Furthest Ring).

2. Jack cannot teleport to the Green Sun, but he should be able, at least, to teleport to the edge of the Medium, and then make the rest of the journey at the speed of light. This means that he is more than capable of beating the trolls there.

I'm not entirely sure what this means, or whether I'm even correct in my assumptions, but it doesn't seem good for the trolls...

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

GenericOverusedName posted:

I'm late to the party, but Hussie's a lefty?

I don't know why I even care about that.

Wow, it's actually kind of joyful to watch him draw, and see how he draws John. I always love seeing artists structure up their iconic characters but I never even thought of what Hussie's process for his dudes was.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

pkmnfrk posted:

Are Sollux's powers enough to surpass the speed of light? Probably not, since he does not have first guardian powers. Or, maybe he can get up to twice the speed of light (since he's like that). Actually, I like this latter idea. Therefore, I propose that the distance from the trolls to the Green Sun is 6 light years (accounting for the weird time poo poo that happens as you move into the Furthest Ring).

His ancestor was "able to leap across thousands of light years in a matter of hours", it's not far fetched to say that Sollux can pilot the meteor faster than light. I mean, he's probably not able to go as fast as his older, more experienced ancestor, but there was an obvious visual callback when he started moving the meteor. I think it's likely he's going FTL.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
As far as we know Sollux-based psionic abilities and direct teleportation are the only methods of moving FTL in the entire comic, so I'd say him going faster than light is likely. Maybe even as fast as the speed of plot.

And, what the hell? The entire kids storyline has only been 24 hours?!

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

Prison Warden posted:

And, what the hell? The entire kids storyline has only been 24 hours?!

Of all the crazy things we've witnessed in the comic, this is the one thing that breaks my suspension of disbelief.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Ketzal posted:

I used to worry about this, until I realized that Hussie could probably easily out-creep and escape from any would-be Anne Wilkes. This is the guy who invented Equius, remember?

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

creationist believer posted:

His ancestor was "able to leap across thousands of light years in a matter of hours", it's not far fetched to say that Sollux can pilot the meteor faster than light. I mean, he's probably not able to go as fast as his older, more experienced ancestor, but there was an obvious visual callback when he started moving the meteor. I think it's likely he's going FTL.

His ancestor was able to do that until he overexerted himself anyway. Also I've been wondering if Sollux dies if the other trolls will be able to slow down at all. Hussie pointed out once on his tumblr that everyone who has gone god tier has been killed in one way or another by the green sun. I think it would be very fitting with all the twists that have happened in the story if the trolls just slam into the green sun at full speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

Of all the crazy things we've witnessed in the comic, this is the one thing that breaks my suspension of disbelief.

Do the words "Power Gaming" mean nothing to you? Also a reminder that Alpha Dave had been playing for three days before he started helping Jade with the frogs, a sidequest which is apparently supposed to take days if not weeks itself. Rose has a mixed experience from being blended with her Beta Dreamself, but she lived through a couple of months of standard play (if I recall correctly) before Beta Dave did his thing.

The only kid who's been playing the game for as little as 24 hours is John.

e/ To clarify:

John = 24 hours
Jade = X days (probably somewhere between 3 and 14)
Dave = X + 3 days
Rose = 24 hours + several weeks of second hand experience from her Beta Dreamself

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 14, 2011