Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
How stable is Requiem for the Capital Wasteland right now, and can you actually play through Fallout 3 + DLC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Gyshall posted:

How stable is Requiem for the Capital Wasteland right now, and can you actually play through Fallout 3 + DLC?

I'd like to hear a success story, too. There's so much I'd like to see in FO3 but I'd rather import my murder machine from New Vegas and kind of tackle it in reverse.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
When I tried to do it for my now defunct LP over in the Let's Play subforum, it broke absolutely everything and corrupted all my saves. I had to replay the entire game from the start back to where I was in said LP and also lost all of my personal savegames from BOTH New Vegas and Fallout 3. Some people have reported success via very specific instructions related to their setup (the included install instructions are very vague and not helpful) but my advice: Don't even try it. It's a good idea linking the games up, but the modder did a horrible job of it.

Edit: See my post in the thread for my various gripes about it:

quote:

I'm tired of messing with Requiem for the Capital Wasteland. I hate that everything with installing the mod is a federal god drat issue, I hate that the mod's creator is an rear end in a top hat, and I hate that there are so many bugs it's almost not worth trying to install.

So, one update before we switch to RFCW, I'm just going to say 'gently caress it' and not bother. RFCW has too many bugs and glitches to be playable, and installing it is literally the hardest and most convoluted thing I have ever had to do on a PC. So, gently caress it. We haven't transferred over to NV yet, so I have decided that we aren't going to. I'm going to go back through and re-record everything from this update onward, because I just don't want to have to bother with RFCW anymore.

From the footage I've gathered, I'd be wasting about 12 or 13 episodes of content, but I don't want to put you through all the bugs only to go back to FO3 a few updates later. So, it will be a while until the next update, because I have to re-record everything I just got done with, and I have to reinstall the game to get rid of RFCW, and because RFCW has made me hate this game in general because every time something could go wrong, it went wrong. I'll be glad to get back to (almost) vanilla Fallout 3. Bear with me, folks. I'm not going to lock the thread because it's not going to be, like, months, but as soon as I overcome the overdramatic reeling grief this mod has caused me, I'll get back to recording.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 5, 2011

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Gyshall posted:

Do not try Operation Anchorage unless a patch has come out for it.

My copy of the game had a terrifying invincible, uninteractable Benjamin Montgomery constantly following me around, staring. And multiplying. The map had several icons for him on it and disabling him with the console did nothing.

tikan
Apr 30, 2009
wrong thread :(

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I can't play this game anymore, no matter what I do. I had the most optimized load order possible, and I was still getting stutters and >20 FPS, so I reinstalled the game completely fresh, and I still get the same poo poo fps. This is with an E8400 at 4GHZ, 4Gigs of ram, and a GTX280.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

dropkickpikachu posted:

Yeah I already installed this one and it definitely fits the atmosphere nicely. It seems like both "More where that came from" and the RNV Secret Stash song packs were taken down from the nexus and that sucks. I'm just wondering if there's an easy place to find those.

Could anyone here mirror those? I'm sure some of you still have it on your computers. :)

Also hoping for this. Anyone have a full Secret Stash mod for download?

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
I just started my first game of New Vegas last night. I played a few hours of vanilla after reading the suggested mods in the OP so I could figure out what was annoying and what might improve the vanilla experience and I installed CCO, NMC's textures, DelayDLC, WME weapons, and CONELRAD. It looks like mods like Project Nevada might be better for a second run through the game, but maybe I'm mistaken. Any other recommendations for mods that'll make vanilla all-around better?

I read the description for CCO and the way he set things up made more sense to me so I decided to try it with a new character for a few hours and see if I liked it more. Any opinions about what to do for a first play through?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

urbancontra posted:

I just started my first game of New Vegas last night. I played a few hours of vanilla after reading the suggested mods in the OP so I could figure out what was annoying and what might improve the vanilla experience and I installed CCO, NMC's textures, DelayDLC, WME weapons, and CONELRAD. It looks like mods like Project Nevada might be better for a second run through the game, but maybe I'm mistaken. Any other recommendations for mods that'll make vanilla all-around better?

I read the description for CCO and the way he set things up made more sense to me so I decided to try it with a new character for a few hours and see if I liked it more. Any opinions about what to do for a first play through?

Project Nevada Core can be used in a first go round - it's mostly interface improvements like the addition of a grenade hotkey and an FPS style crosshair. It's also got bullet time and sprint which you don't have to use if you don't like them, but both give you an additional use for AP so they can be nice if you find you never really use VATS.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

urbancontra posted:

I played 70 hours of New Vegas shortly after release with no mods. I reinstalled over the weekend and set up Project Nexus and Nevada Skies and I must say, it really is a much more enjoyable experience. I would highly recommend doing it, because as far as I'm concerned, Project Nexus only enhances gameplay.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

urbancontra posted:

Nothing wrong with putting some time into a relatively un-modded game. It'll help you figure out what gripes (if any) you have and would like to change. That being said, the CCO modules are pretty great. I'm using a lot of them in conjunction with Project Nevada and they work quite well--CCO's changes to traits, perks, and companions are things I would never go without, now that I have them.

If you don't want to go the Project Nevada route, a combination of CCO and Puce Moose's modules can address a wide array of areas. I actually use Puce Moose's DLC plugins to reduce the sheer amount of loot you get in those areas (and his medkits one, so I'm not always swimming in stimpaks.)

Wildtortilla posted:

I played 70 hours of New Vegas shortly after release with no mods. I reinstalled over the weekend and set up Project Nexus and Nevada Skies and I must say, it really is a much more enjoyable experience. I would highly recommend doing it, because as far as I'm concerned, Project Nexus only enhances gameplay.

Project Nevada. :science:

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 6, 2011

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
Thanks for the advice!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Nothing wrong with putting some time into a relatively un-modded game. It'll help you figure out what gripes (if any) you have and would like to change. That being said, the CCO modules are pretty great. I'm using a lot of them in conjunction with Project Nevada and they work quite well--CCO's changes to traits, perks, and companions are things I would never go without, now that I have them.

If you don't want to go the Project Nevada route, a combination of CCO and Puce Moose's modules can address a wide array of areas. I actually use Puce Moose's DLC plugins to reduce the sheer amount of loot you get in those areas (and his medkits one, so I'm not always swimming in stimpaks.)

It looks like CCO and PN make a lot of the same changes to the core game. Which core mod do you like? (CCO Gameplay Changes vs. PN Core/Rebalance)

Trillest Parrot fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Dec 6, 2011

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

If it were project nexus it would be furry boners and sexable dead children as far as the eye could see.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

urbancontra posted:

It looks like CCO and PN make a lot of the same changes to the core game. Which core mod do you like? (CCO Gameplay Changes vs. PN Core/Rebalance)

Both can be used at the same time. CCO adds a ton of perks and rebalances a bunch to be a bit more in line with the 2 perks per level that you can have with Project Nevada.

It also gets rid of Intense Training, since that makes it easy to break the game that way as well.

I also like the follower tweaks (Followers are less like walking tanks and more like an extra "stat").

Project Nevada + CCO and Hardcore Mode is basically the best way to experience this game modded, I think.

e: Also Lombard Station owns.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

urbancontra posted:

Thanks for the advice!

Concurring with what Gyshall said, the CCO plugins I use with PN are those that add new Perks and Traits, modify the followers so that they aren't so goddamned powerful and cheaty, and reworks the vanilla perks so that there aren't as many useless / overpowered ones. I'm not a subscriber to the "Perk every level" camp, and I've considered the option moot because of the (formerly) large number of perks that were obsolete. At least CCO's additional perks and reworked perks means giving you one every level is an actual reward and not a game of, "Oh great. Which of these two lovely perks do I want to clutter my pipboy up with?"

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 6, 2011

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Omnicarus posted:

Regarding Lombard - I'm not working on it anymore, I'm waiting on the Skyrim CS to come. I've got a pretty ambitious hideout/area renovation drawn up for it and I can't wait to get started on it :) Anyways,the weapon walls are meant to be very easily expanded. Behind the American flag there is an unused doorway that can be expanded into a secondary armory. Also, if you add the industrial set catwalks(down the far wall) you can effectively increase the length of the armory wall 75%. If you continue to turn the catwalk until you hit the stairs, it becomes a full double sized. I don't know the exact size of the armory, but depending on the weapon size you can usually fit 20-30 weapons per a 2x2 wall block wall.

The scripts are intended to be easily modified to add stuff. The buttons, etc all link up logically(at least to me). They are hidden in a Zone Box if you enable viewing boxes then you can pretty easily see. Drop that box a few 1000 z units and you'll have all the workings of the walls, sorters, etc, at your disposal. It's just a matter of adding new walls, then copy/pasting my original scripts to work with the new walls(with weapon ID's edited in)

Any word on whether or not anyone is up for taking up this challenge? Also, the OP link for Lombard appears to be dead for me...is the current Lombard hosted anywhere?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I'd kill for an armory supported Lombard station =\

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
The author of the Immersive HUD, Adjustable HUD and Unified HUD mods has merged all of them to a single mod: One HUD, or oHUD for short. Might be worth updating the OP with that.

E: Forgot the link.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44757

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Smol posted:

The author of the Immersive HUD, Adjustable HUD and Unified HUD mods has merged all of them to a single mod: One HUD, or oHUD for short. Might be worth updating the OP with that.

E: Forgot the link.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44757

Thanks for the head's up. OP updated.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I just switched to oHUD and haven't seen any changes from when I used iHUD, but that's good - it works, it's good, and it's no-nonsense.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

WebDO posted:

is the current Lombard hosted anywhere?

Sorry to pester about this, but he megaupload link in the OP says the file link is either invalid or the file has been removed.

I just want to enjoy a quality goon product!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Gyshall posted:

Also hoping for this. Anyone have a full Secret Stash mod for download?

I have Secret Stash still installed, not sure if it's cool with the mods here to rehost it on RapidShare or whatever. I could just repack the full "radionvextend" folder along with the Secret Stash and Radio New Vegas Extender .esp files.

Also, to anybody who happens to have Mafia II for whatever reason (Steam sale), ripping the radio stations and adding them to some mod like MyRadio makes for a pretty good mix. The MyRadio mod seems to make the music files pretty loud though.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Here's the link to Lombard: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1RDSFCXM

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Tewratomeh posted:

I have Secret Stash still installed, not sure if it's cool with the mods here to rehost it on RapidShare or whatever. I could just repack the full "radionvextend" folder along with the Secret Stash and Radio New Vegas Extender .esp files.

I'm pretty sure the SA mods won't mind. It's a mod for NV that someone took down from Nexus, right? So what.

On an unrelated note, for some reason I keep going back to this outfit as my go-to whenever I'm using anything in .44 magnum (all the time)
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37526

As a rare and exciting thing on Nexus which isn't awful, I like it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Alright then, here we go: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TNFQ5MLT

The original Secret Stash README file is in the zip, but basically just extract everything to your "fallout new vegas/Data" folder and you should be good.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Omnicarus posted:

Here's the link to Lombard: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1RDSFCXM

I updated the OP with the new link. How long does megaupload host a file before the link expires?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I updated the OP with the new link. How long does megaupload host a file before the link expires?

The old link went dead because I deleted the file to avoid confusion between versions. It should stay up for the appreciable future.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Oh no what have I done. :hurr:

wildzero
Apr 23, 2008

"My name is Dante."
"Fuck you say?"

I'm not sure if anybody covered this in the last 200-odd pages, but is the Fiend start option for "Roleplay-Start" not working for anyone else here who uses that mod? The comments on the Nexus page aren't helpful, mostly because Nexus.

ed: nevermind, after some snooping it looks like Fiend is an unfinished feature

wildzero fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 11, 2011

Alpha Lyrae
May 25, 2011

A star made in flesh
I want to play a stealth character with Project Nevada, CCO, the armory, and WME(and maybe FOOK)as my gameplay altering mods. Are stealth characters fine with just these mods or is there another mod that I will want to add for stealth balancing? CCO S.P.E.C.I.A.L. constraints means I'm going to be going low strength and endurance.

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

Alpha Lyrae posted:

I want to play a stealth character with Project Nevada, CCO, the armory, and WME(and maybe FOOK)as my gameplay altering mods. Are stealth characters fine with just these mods or is there another mod that I will want to add for stealth balancing? CCO S.P.E.C.I.A.L. constraints means I'm going to be going low strength and endurance.

Stealth is perfectly viable in Project Nevada. Default PN makes the enemies a bit more perceptive and harder to sneak by, though this can be changed in the MCM options menu. Also, there are certain implants that can help you out massively with stealth if you install Cyberware. Things like bionic eyes and integrated cloaking systems.

V!ntar
Jul 12, 2010

I'll give you something to die for, baby, let's go insane.

And we can paint the town red, now show me that Crimson Rain.
Repost from the other thread:

"Guys, after a LONG break from New Vegas, I decided to play it again. But I'm having problems with some mods: for example, the Ling hair mod thingy doesn't work, even when I've activated it from FOMM.

Also, in FOMM, I can't seem to remove Archive Invalidation. The little check mark just stays there. Help? "

Alpha Lyrae
May 25, 2011

A star made in flesh

Katsuma posted:

Stealth is perfectly viable in Project Nevada. Default PN makes the enemies a bit more perceptive and harder to sneak by, though this can be changed in the MCM options menu. Also, there are certain implants that can help you out massively with stealth if you install Cyberware. Things like bionic eyes and integrated cloaking systems.

Great to hear. I stumbled upon Gopher's Advance Recon set of mods, but those seem way too overpowered. I'll stick with what I have already.

Also what's the general consensus on FOOK? It seems everyone uses PN, but I don't see much talk about FOOK. I'm wondering if I should just skip it.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Alpha Lyrae posted:

Great to hear. I stumbled upon Gopher's Advance Recon set of mods, but those seem way too overpowered. I'll stick with what I have already.

Also what's the general consensus on FOOK? It seems everyone uses PN, but I don't see much talk about FOOK. I'm wondering if I should just skip it.

I don't think FOOK and PN are incompatible (unlike FOOK and FWE) because of PN's more modular nature - if you wanted to use both at once I'm pretty sure you could. That said, it's mostly an equipment mod right? I think most people here use Naky's Armoury mod for that. You could probably use both of those together (with a merge patch), but there would probably be a lot of redundant weapons.

Alpha Lyrae
May 25, 2011

A star made in flesh

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I don't think FOOK and PN are incompatible (unlike FOOK and FWE) because of PN's more modular nature - if you wanted to use both at once I'm pretty sure you could. That said, it's mostly an equipment mod right? I think most people here use Naky's Armoury mod for that. You could probably use both of those together (with a merge patch), but there would probably be a lot of redundant weapons.

The armory doesn't add any armors though. FOOK adds a bunch of new armors. I'm going to use all three of these mods, but deactivate PN equipment module. If this doesn't work out for me FOOK will be the first to go.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

V!ntar posted:

Also, in FOMM, I can't seem to remove Archive Invalidation. The little check mark just stays there. Help? "

Run FOMM as an administrator (right click, run as) - I had to do that to get AI working properly, you might need to do it to get it removed.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
FOOK's main problem (IMO) is that it's not modular and it changes quite a bit in the game. I feel it tries too hard to do everything with no concern for anyone other than their own development crew... which is fine, since I did The Armory with no real concern for anyone but myself initially and at the end of the day what I do and don't do with it really depends what I or the other devs feel.

That being said, I think if you're going to release something publicly, you have at least some responsibility to provide flexibility and that will be what separates you from the pack of mediocrity and poo poo. Project Nevada, though I'm not a fan of most of their features, is completely customizable and has been from day one and that's a pretty awesome concept and it's no wonder that they're considered to be one of the best developed and managed mods for FNV. Maybe the FOOK team can get it right for FO4 and finally lose the reputation they have of being a bloated mod with no flexibility.

Alpha Lyrae
May 25, 2011

A star made in flesh

Naky posted:

FOOK's main problem (IMO) is that it's not modular and it changes quite a bit in the game. I feel it tries too hard to do everything with no concern for anyone other than their own development crew... which is fine, since I did The Armory with no real concern for anyone but myself initially and at the end of the day what I do and don't do with it really depends what I or the other devs feel.

That being said, I think if you're going to release something publicly, you have at least some responsibility to provide flexibility and that will be what separates you from the pack of mediocrity and poo poo. Project Nevada, though I'm not a fan of most of their features, is completely customizable and has been from day one and that's a pretty awesome concept and it's no wonder that they're considered to be one of the best developed and managed mods for FNV. Maybe the FOOK team can get it right for FO4 and finally lose the reputation they have of being a bloated mod with no flexibility.

Okay, I can definitely agree with you on this. I actually found myself wanting to use only certain aspects of FOOK, but as you said it isn't modular at all.

Cialis Railman
Apr 20, 2007

Where can I get the Low Profile Armor mod some of you guys are using? It doesn't seem to be on the Nexus anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Apotheosis posted:

Where can I get the Low Profile Armor mod some of you guys are using? It doesn't seem to be on the Nexus anymore.

That mod was my brainchild. I gave up working on it because it just wasn't worth trying to figure out how to integrate it into the game properly. Somebody posted a fix a few pages back that would get it to play nicely, but I can't seem to find it. But other than not it's generally unsupported so don't even bother looking for it. Also it was never on the nexus because I stole a ton of poo poo without properly requesting permission.