Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
That's really close. I think I'd lean Romero, too, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Fortunately, the people found a mighty Rosenthal, called Trevor.

My team, the Hartford Hundleyballers, hit the most home runs in Mordecai in only my second season :smugdog:

Other than that they were decidedly awful.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
Most home runs in that season or most home runs in a season in Mordecai's history?

Because frankly, knowing you, the former isn't especially impressive. :shobon:

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
Isn't Hartford basically Coors Light?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Forgive me if we aren't supposed to talk about IFAs by name, but how much money is David Rosario going to get? Holy poo poo.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Power of Pecota posted:

Forgive me if we aren't supposed to talk about IFAs by name, but how much money is David Rosario going to get? Holy poo poo.

$14 mil isn't getting it done. That's as much as I know personally. bastards

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I've been beat on both Romero and Cedeno v:(v

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

This was an interesting inning

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

gently caress you, I'm triple posting in my thread.

Both my OLs are wrapped up now, set a few new PHs:

2011 Jose Bautista (we'll see how long this one lasts)
1975 Bobby Grich
2011 Mike Stanton
2011 Carlos Santana

1963 Curt Simmons
1939 Claude Passeau

I would have set '02 Jeremy Giambi's if I had known how close I was but I was resting him down the stretch for the playoffs.

That said, is anyone interested in a goon rush in the near future? I'm gonna have a lot of time on my hands after finals wrap up this week.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I set 2011 Jonny Venters but didn't come close on my Verlander.

I've got one team left in my six pack so I might be interested in a goon rush if I can think of a decent theme.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

I got 2011 Dexter Fowler, will get 1909 Sam Crawford, 1903 Honus Wagner, and 1923 Johnny Mostil, and the worsts for 2002 Hideki Irabu and 1962 Bill Fischer.

I will add the Wagner and Crawford PHs to my wall of deadball offensive PH bests (another Sam Crawford, two Frank Bakers, Sam Thompson, Ed Delahanty, and I think I'm missing some in there as well)

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

As badly as Sparky handles bullpens at least he does a better job than Tony La Russa most of the time :ughh:

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

:sweep:

vancouver sits at 5-11, poised to take over 3rd place in the al west if they can just keep this up

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

holy guacamole

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Why would you do such a thing to Vicente after all he has done for you?

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

To any of the non-regulars out there who are interested/currently playing HBD, there are currently three openings in Mike Greenwell. nasboat just won the World Series there and I've joined up starting this season. A few extra goons in a world are always nice to have.

e: 1 spot left, holy hell

AlleyViper fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 11, 2011

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

e: nevermind

nasboat fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Dec 12, 2011

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I am bored.

I am going to make an OL team.

Anyone who is interested in a goon rush, make your feelings known now.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
i'd be interested, but i don't have time until next week so

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

There is no rush.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Alright I'm sitting on a team you bastards. I vote we join the next league ligapelota is in and name every team DOMINICAN BOGGS (SOMETHING)

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Have an OL team ready to go, whenever you guys want to.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
I've had a gimmick team idea floating around the back of my head for a little while, but I won't have time to put it together for a few days

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

WIS is a cruel, cruel bitch

Note that this was a game that I essentially threw - the only guys I had available for relief were long/mopup men.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
So who wants this Alexander team I took from Nasboat? I traded a starter with 30 control for a back up catcher and they are screaming about me being trade raped.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Scrotos posted:

So who wants this Alexander team I took from Nasboat? I traded a starter with 30 control for a back up catcher and they are screaming about me being trade raped.

Oh my god. Tell them to shut the gently caress up.

Seriously, there's a core of veterans there that know what they're doing, surely one has stood up for you at this point.

And if joshcarolina thinks it's a bad trade, that's all the support you need.

also who in the hell was it? Warren O'Shea? Rod Ramsey, the guy who will never hit his projections? There's not a worthwhile arm in the bunch in that minor league system so I can't understand why anyone would have a beef.

e: post the cards so I can write a scathing reply and have you paste it in world chat. :)

nasboat fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 16, 2011

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Quick, somebody give me a theme that includes me using Bats. I'm thinking players from teams that claimed and released him on his rule 5 season.

Anyone have any better ideas?

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
bats

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
My Random Captain team is loving 2-14 in one-run game. HALF of my losses are by one run

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
It's been awhile since I've done international prospecting. I've got about $50m to spend in Jersey and this guy just rolled off during spring training ($14m scouting):

Should I be in on him and for how much?

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

If you actually have $50m in prospect money to spend then I would absolutely be in on him.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Okay HBD people I need an opinion.

The team I'm running in Greenwell, I feel it's a year or two away from contending. It has a nice core in place and with a few good bounces could sneak into the WC2 this year, but it's not in a wide open division - the AL leading 113 win team is in-division - and the AL Wild Cards both had 90+ wins last year. So I'm planning on basically punting this season.

Tricky thing is...almost all of my best, young players already have a full year of MLB service time under their belt. Especially, my #'s 1 and 2 starters and my best position player. Since I don't anticipate winning this year I want to stash these guys in the minors to control their service time and stave off arbitration for one more year but it feels, I dunno...dirty? considering a.) they've already spent a full year in the majors and b.) the team isn't bad it's just unlikely to make the playoffs. I know HBD isn't real life but if this were a real major league team they wouldn't send the guys back down in this situation.

If I kept down everyone I planned to, I would have my starting ML first baseman, third baseman, catcher and #'s 1, 2 and 3 starters all at AAA this season. It just feels like a bit much. I also don't want to have to fend off claims of tanking even though I think it's a legitimate strategy given my circumstances, my ML squad without them won't be some 40-win embarrassment, and the fact that I would likely call them back up next season.

What would y'all do? Keep 'em all down? Keep some of them down? Keep them up and, hey, maybe the cards fall right and I make the playoffs?

AlleyViper fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 19, 2011

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
This team:

It is scoring 2.6 runs a game in the first 19 games, and only one regular (Mahay) has an OBP above .300. We are playing in one of the best hitter's ballparks, Monterrey.

Is this just really bad sample size luck or is the team really terrible? It was also a mediocre offense last year. I looked at the franchise rankings and the team in the league is 13th in contact, 4th in power, 4th in vLHP, 12th in vRHP and 5th in eye.

This is mainly a rant but it's pissing me off. :(

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

so I am trying to give away both my Ruth and Alexander teams anyone want one?

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

Scrotos posted:

so I am trying to give away both my Ruth and Alexander teams anyone want one?
I want 1/25th of your Ruth team.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Ivan Drago posted:

I want 1/25th of your Ruth team.

You take 5/25ths or get out.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Quasimango posted:

This is mainly a rant but it's pissing me off. :(

I don't think any of those guys is a real standout bat but they're solid and in Monterrey they'll come around.

Not offense related but I'd much rather have Lugo at SS and Mahay in CF. Unless Lugo throws lefthanded (does Mahay?)

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
They're both righties, I've thought about it, but Mahay's weakness is his glove and the recommendations say that glove is as important in CF as in SS. I feel like I'd rather have the odd booted ball in short than in center. I might try it later on, but so far he hasn't been too bad there this year, only 2 errors and 0 poor plays in 20 games.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Do players injured over the offseason get another bump at rollover? Pete Barnes here really got murdered and didn't get much of a recovery bump now that the season is coming to a close. I'm at $14MM medical because it's my first season in this world and planning on raising it to $18MM next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Devo posted:

Do players injured over the offseason get another bump at rollover?

Kirt Brand was injured about 3/4ths into last season and I think I ended up getting 4 injury recovery snapshots from him. I believe one was on rollover.

• Locked thread