Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

MMMCCLI posted:

Someone hook me up with some hardcore! I'm thinking 50 Lions / Deez Nuts / Terror type stuff.

Cheers

First Blood, Lionheart, Donnybrook, and also Sworn Vengeance. Also, First Blood. Especially First Blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

krustster posted:

That music is just a bunch of screaming, no talent required.

He's upset because his favorite bands no longer play. Vanity era Eighteen Visions, Atreyu, Hot drat era ETID, etc.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Nice, ATR is really good live. Definitely worth it if your a fan of that type of metal (and chances are if you like killswitch, you also like ATR).

Hell, when I saw them last year in NYC even phil's singing sounded good live :psyduck: i was quite shocked. He must have worked on improving it or something...

ATR is pretty good live. I saw Killswitch w/ TDWP at House of Blues Boston. That was Howard's last show before he hurt his back or whatever, thus bringing in "Philswitch." Both were awesome. Can't wait to go. Any goons there on Sunday, let's hang out!

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
Trapped Under Ice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zau_a8e8mY

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
^ TUI is the best band in the biz. right now.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Hello thread.

I know the posters and I have had differences in the past, but I come swinging an olive branch in the name of metal unity, and a request.

I am one of four contributors (all goons) to an international webzine (United States, United Kingdom, Netherlands, and South America) that is dedicated to everything heavy metal called Metal Blast. We are a small outfit of people who eat, sleep, and breathe metal of all kinds and want to tell the world about it. We've been in effect since this past September, and have been laying down our roots and gaining connections throughout the industry.

The reason why I am making this post is that while we love metal in all its glory, none of us really know anything about or are not general fans of the more modern styles, particularly that of metalcore and deathcore, and are looking to expand our talent pool. I'm hoping that there are a few of you who would be interesting in lending your knowledge to the website and care to be regular contributors. The content has been lacking a bit since our inception, but we are looking to really ramp things up and get our hooks deep into the world of metal with superior content.

While the music discussed in this thread may not be my cup of tea, I know that just because I am not a fan does not mean that our readers aren't interested in hearing about it. That is where you come in.

If any of you have questions or would like to join forces then you may either PM me or send me an e-mail at burkanj [at] gmail [dot] com.

Thanks.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I'm jizzing buckets over this,

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

ShoogaSlim posted:

http://lambgoat.com/news/17345/New-England-Metal-and-Hardcore-Fest-line-up

I want to go but most of my friends are pussies.

Has anyone heard anything about who will be headlining Saturday? Rumors/speculation I have heard are Iced Earth/Symphony X (who are both free at the time, two months after a co-headline US tour) and Lamb of God, who are putting out a new CD in January, so it might make sense to wait to announce that. IE headlined Saturday in 2004, when the bill was primarily hardcore, and while they're not as popular these days, I think they still might go for two metal headliners to bring in more metal fans. LOG would be top notch band to headline, they're more on par with the popularity of KSE.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Turk February posted:

Hello thread.

I know the posters and I have had differences in the past, but I come swinging an olive branch in the name of metal unity, and a request.

If anyone I'd nominate krustster because he seems knowledgeable on the scene and staying up to date with a bunch of bands. Your site is really total opposite end of the spectrum though. Hardcore/metalcore/etc news is really monopolized by Lambgoat.

XIII posted:

I'm jizzing buckets over this,

I missed ETID in NYC a few months back and I just recently really got into Stray so this will be a cool show to check out.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

ShoogaSlim posted:

Your site is really total opposite end of the spectrum though. Hardcore/metalcore/etc news is really monopolized by Lambgoat.

This is exactly why I came to this thread. While my expertise may lie in the fields of death metal, grindcore and goregrind, I know that metalcore and deathcore deserve to be a part of the website since they are a part of heavy metal as a whole. Believe me, I could easily review a bunch of those kinds of albums, but I would 99% of the time trash them because it's not my style. That isn't exactly a fair shake when someone like me has such a tremendous bias.

I suppose if I really wanted to I could just spam that last post of mine on Facebook pages of all the more established and popular bands in the hopes some fan of theirs might see it, but I think that's taking far too big of a gamble when I know I'll have much better luck with goons.

ShoogaSlim posted:

Your site gave the I Wrestled a Bear Once album 8/10

:negative:

Yeah, I gave the creator a lot of ball busting about it since he was the one that wrote it. :ughh:

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Dec 15, 2011

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Your site gave the I Wrestled a Bear Once album 8/10

:negative:

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

krustster posted:

First Blood, Lionheart, Donnybrook, and also Sworn Vengeance. Also, First Blood. Especially First Blood.

gently caress it blows my mind how big Lionheart got to be mentioned with these hardcore greats. My old band played a few shows with them years ago. Lots of fun.

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
weapon finesse: my dong
I went on a nostalgia binge and made a Spotify playlist of a bunch of early and mid 2000s metalcore that some of you might find interesting. Hit shuffle and party like it's 2004!

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

ShoogaSlim posted:

If anyone I'd nominate krustster because he seems knowledgeable on the scene and staying up to date with a bunch of bands. Your site is really total opposite end of the spectrum though. Hardcore/metalcore/etc news is really monopolized by Lambgoat.

Awww thanks bby. :3: Too bad I'm really lazy and suck at writing about music in a compelling way though. I see what the guy is looking for though, and it's a nice idea to branch out rather than being one of those sites that occasionally reviews a 'core tape just to talk about how lame these poser faggots are or whatever. Teeth of the Divine is a site that I like to read reviews on because they have people review stuff they might actually like, like the black metal guy won't write a bad review of the new deathcore tape because it's not his thing. Also they are pretty positive and have good opinions most of the time.

heeebrew posted:

gently caress it blows my mind how big Lionheart got to be mentioned with these hardcore greats. My old band played a few shows with them years ago. Lots of fun.

PURE loving ANGER!

MalConstant
Mar 16, 2008
Deathcore album of the year right here people!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AURnnj2laE4

I'LL CHAIN YOU TO THE GATES OF HELL 'TILL THE DEVIL TAKES YOU BACK!

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Darkest Hour have been touring with Aaron Deal (Salome) on bass and Tim Java (Dead to Fall) on drums. After there was a press release about a new band referring to Ryan as ex-DH, I checked the recent tour photos and those dudes are playing with the band. Looks like Ryan and Paul are both out of the band. In good news, Ryan Parrish has a new project with Kris Norris, and those dudes have been making good music together for almost 20 years.

Press release about new band: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=167429

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Norma Jean frontman cries about money/piracy:

quote:

"Anyone that has ever downloaded a Norma Jean record. You owe me money. I hope you had enough money today to buy your family groceries...I mean 'for free' of course. Ya know… illegally. Stolen. Theft. Don't get your feeling hurt. It's ok if you steal from me. Anything else I can do for free for you? Spoiled brats! It's about time someone got pissed about this! I hope you guys know what it feels like to have thousands of dollars stolen from you only to be told you have a an attitude about it. BTW! I appreciate and LOVE all of you that have supported us over the years. I hope you are all blessed!"

http://lambgoat.com/news/comments.aspx?id=17421

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

ShoogaSlim posted:

I didn't even know these guys were still around

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Lmao, well done Lars, circa 2000.

That Guy From Pearldiver
Apr 18, 2001

President and Sole Member of the Andre Braugher Appreciation Society

ShoogaSlim posted:

Once he pays back everyone who bought the steaming pile of poo poo that was The Anti-Mother maybe i'll give a gently caress,

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
weapon finesse: my dong
It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

ShoogaSlim posted:

Joke's on him, I don't like their music enough to steal it anyway :cool:

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Meridional rules :mad: .

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

I only listened to part of it :smugbert:

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I have Bless the Martyr, O God and The Anti Mother on my comp and I only ever listen to Bless the Martyr if I'm feeling nostalgic.

I used to loving love NJ during their first album. I went OFF during them at Hellfest in 2004. But yeah I didn't even know they still played :confused:

bleedbackwards posted:

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven.

well done, sir

ShoogaSlim fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 28, 2011

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

bleedbackwards posted:

lmao

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
I could stomach musicians bitching about losses from 'illegal downloading' if they didn't make ridiculous amounts of money doing something they love when most people earn little in comparison doing something they hate.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

MMMCCLI posted:

I could stomach musicians bitching about losses from 'illegal downloading' if they didn't make ridiculous amounts of money doing something they love when most people earn little in comparison doing something they hate.

Yeah except all the musicians who don't make ridiculous amounts of money....like a lot of the bands everyone listens to in this thread.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

w/e

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Norma Jean, lmao

I think I saw those clowns open for Lamb of God when Ashes of the Wake came out (NJ replaced ETID who had bailed on the show)

Nobody seemed to care that they were on stage

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
Would like to share with you a video for my friend's band.

They're called Dead Harts and they're from the Nottingham/Sheffield area of the UK.

They just made their first video, here it is

I really hope you guys enjoy it

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I don't know where to post relevant grindcore related links, but I posted a preview of the Liberteer debut this afternoon.

Let the one man grind ensue, and read on here.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

FizzyJuffoWup posted:

ATR is pretty good live. I saw Killswitch w/ TDWP at House of Blues Boston. That was Howard's last show before he hurt his back or whatever, thus bringing in "Philswitch." Both were awesome. Can't wait to go. Any goons there on Sunday, let's hang out!

gently caress you. gently caress you. gently caress you.

I posted a while back about going to see KSE in Austin but decided against it for money/driving reasons. Of course it ended up where Phil sang for them that show.

gently caress all things.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

MMMCCLI posted:

Would like to share with you a video for my friend's band.

They're called Dead Harts and they're from the Nottingham/Sheffield area of the UK.

They just made their first video, here it is

I really hope you guys enjoy it

Maybe it's just because they were just brought up so recently in this thread but I hear nods to Norma Jean (when they were good) and I really dig it.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

So, new ETID single is out. I like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1gi_aOe334

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
^^ Pretty good song I think, don't know what I think about the video yet. Just seems like they compiled a load of videos showing people being killed or people with disabilities. Theres some bullshit explanation under the video that I don't quite understand.

Musicians eh?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

XIII posted:

So, new ETID single is out. I like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1gi_aOe334

Didn't watch the video because I'm a baby but this is typical ETID and that means it's great so I'm pumped on the full length.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

MMMCCLI posted:

^^ Pretty good song I think, don't know what I think about the video yet. Just seems like they compiled a load of videos showing people being killed or people with disabilities. Theres some bullshit explanation under the video that I don't quite understand.

Musicians eh?

Metalmusicvideo.mpeg

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

-Atom- posted:

Didn't watch the video because I'm a baby but this is typical ETID and that means it's great so I'm pumped on the full length.

I did my typical thing and watched the video then immediately played it again and only listened to it. ETID is probably as close as it's gets to my "favorite" band, so I'm pretty excited for the new release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Apparently It Dies Today is back together and writing a new album. I know some of you guys were fans of their earlier stuff so I just thought I would leave that here.

I've only heard Lividity and it was....OK I guess. Definitely wasn't anything offensive but just...bland :effort:

EDIT- Actually now that I'm looking at my iTunes, I did listen to Forever Scorned and remember not liking that either, but I'm a little more than halfway through Sirens now and really like what I've heard so far. The vocalist sounds a lot like the guy from Atreyu at times though :stare:

chocolateTHUNDER fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jan 4, 2012