Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
What was the story behind that one anyway? I see people with avatars of that, were they given them by someone?

Edit: vvvvv Thanks, but why?

tinaun fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Dec 15, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

tinaun posted:

What was the story behind that one anyway? I see people with avatars of that, were they given them by someone?

They sure were.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Walliard posted:

I was watching the art team thread when this was first suggested as a wallpaper. I couldn't imagine it not being awesome.

:smith:

If you photoshop it a little it becomes a nice LoHaC wallpaper

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Pakled posted:

Jade's face is what always gets me in that picture.

I don't see Jade in that pic. All I see is Tom Petty crossdressing in a Jade outfit.

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

quote:

bluhbluhthisisgarbage asked:
What do Heart powers do?

Maybe we’ll find out later??????

For now, let’s say they make you extremely likely to get beaten to death by a rowdy juggalo.

Oh no, Bro!! :ohdear:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

haruspex posted:

frenchampora asked:
How do you pronounce the trolls’ names? For instance, some people say “A-ray-dee-uh” and others say “a-rad-ee-uh” for Aradia’s name.

Pretty sure I answered this question before.

And even then I think I STILL hosed up some of the pronunciations by mistyping a few. So I’m not sure if even I can be trusted.

When I was naming them all, people kept suggesting the name Rocket Papaya over and over for some stunningly idiotic reason.
So you can pronounce them all that if you want.

haha I remember this and I'm glad hussie thought it was as stupid as I did

Empyreal
Jan 29, 2008

This is a good thread. I like this thread. Let's all be friends.
Ok, it's driving me crazy, does anyone know who did the December 2012 illustration for the Homestuck calendar? It's pretty much my favorite illustration in the whole thing, and I'm really curious as to who made it.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Empyreal posted:

Ok, it's driving me crazy, does anyone know who did the December 2012 illustration for the Homestuck calendar? It's pretty much my favorite illustration in the whole thing, and I'm really curious as to who made it.

http://www.whatpumpkin.com/finery/prod_images/calendar2.jpg

It's Noelstuck by rendigo/reindeergo.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
The meteor has arrived at the sun. This might lead to something. Maybe!

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So if Jack could barely take on Vriska, what are the chances of 3 god tiers?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Fat_Cow posted:

Pretty low, considering he probably can't use his first guardian powers there.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

King of Solomon posted:

Ah yes that slipped my mind, Are they trolls going to fly INTO the sun or can sollux stop on a dime?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
And people were worried we wouldn't see any of the pre-scratch characters for another six months.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Fat_Cow posted:

Ah yes that slipped my mind, Are they trolls going to fly INTO the sun or can sollux stop on a dime?

Probably not if he's dead.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really want to see what happens next. I keep f5ing to see if he'll continue. Is this what addiction feels like?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Mark my words, sollux hits the sun, killing all the trolls on the lab and systematically god tiering them all.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

tinaun posted:

Edit: vvvvv Thanks, but why?

When it was originally posted, me and a few other goons commented on how awful it looked, and pretty soon we all ended up with it as an avatar. I think there's three or four of us with the ugly Bro-face avatar, which I sport ironically because it's what Bro would have wanted.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Hyedum posted:

Probably not if he's dead.

Hopefully almost-dead Sollux and Almost-dead Sollux can combine into a not quite dead Sollux somehow.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

Tollymain posted:

I really want to see what happens next. I keep f5ing to see if he'll continue. Is this what addiction feels like?

It is a powerful thing.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.

Fat_Cow posted:

Mark my words, sollux hits the sun, killing all the trolls on the lab and systematically god tiering them all.

This would be rad as hell. And it makes sense... Aradia Dave and Rose were all 'touched' in some manner by the green sun just before they god tiered. One could arguably say that's all you need, and that the quest beds are something else.

Aeldaar
Apr 14, 2008

Check.

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

It is a powerful thing.
it's hard growing up with addiction. It's hard and nobody understands

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aeldaar posted:

it's hard growing up with addiction. It's hard and nobody understands

poo poo, what have I done to my sister?!

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Fat_Cow posted:

I'm calling this, but now I'm wondering if that will actually work or just kill them since they don't have those slabs and they are not their dreamselves.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

voting third party posted:

I'm calling this, but now I'm wondering if that will actually work or just kill them since they don't have those slabs and they are not their dreamselves.

Well they wouldn't die for real there anyway since we know Terezi has to live for at least an hour more of her own time to go back and do all the things that led her to finding the kids in the first place.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I don't even care if they God Tier or not, I just want some troll chatlogs!

King of Solomon posted:

He probably can't use them out past the Furthest Ring, true, but I think a Green Sun -powered being would not be powerless while floating right next to the Green Sun!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Fat_Cow posted:

I'm pretty sure that's not going to be an issue. He's probably going to get stuck in the Ring with the horrorterrors. Pointless mass murder is his schtick, and something's killing the squiddles.

KoB
May 1, 2009

MrBims posted:

Well they wouldn't die for real there anyway since we know Terezi has to live for at least an hour more of her own time to go back and do all the things that led her to finding the kids in the first place.

She already made that happen. Thats why Dave sent the boondollars to her.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
This has me thinking. If Jack finds and kills the trolls anyways, man will Terezi be kicking herself.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

KoB posted:

She already made that happen. Thats why Dave sent the boondollars to her.

No, it hasn't. That conversation is actually going to happen from Terezi's perspective sometime soon. Then, an hour later, she talks to herself in a memo. Here is a summarized rundown of the timestamps.

KoB
May 1, 2009

MrBims posted:

No, it hasn't. That conversation is actually going to happen from Terezi's perspective sometime soon. Then, an hour later, she talks to herself in a memo. Here is a summarized rundown of the timestamps.

Oh yeah. Time shenanigans :argh:

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
So has anyone suggested that THE WOLF Is Bec Noir after travelling billions of years in the furthest ring, killing so many Squiddles before being killed by Lord English yet?

Because it totally is.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Mystic_Squid posted:

When it was originally posted, me and a few other goons commented on how awful it looked, and pretty soon we all ended up with it as an avatar. I think there's three or four of us with the ugly Bro-face avatar, which I sport ironically because it's what Bro would have wanted.

I didn't even insult it, I was just commenting on how ;-* his face was :colbert: Actually, seeing as how Bro has a part in the story again, I kind of wonder if Hussie will make an oblique reference to the wallpaper or something like he did with Pantskat (though that was his own artistic goof (I'm not sure if you can describe Bro's face as just a goof)).

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Andrew jokes about a lot of things but he's not going to mock a contributor, sorry.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Well Manicured Man posted:

:nms:This:nms: was the March drawing.

fake edit: yes, I think the :nms: tags are totally necessary.

real edit: /\/\/\/\/\ That is a much less terrifying way of putting it.

Im really having trouble finding whats wrong with this pic, its pretty funny and cool.

Youre the sorts who would recoil in horror at this:

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

MrBims posted:

Clearly Karkat is going to be sick from all those sloppy interspecies makeouts.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

hey guys uh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsGkaISZrwU

is this video awesome or terrible I seriously can't tell but I know it's one or the other

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Looks like Sollux is now fully dead!

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Welp, they didn't over accelerate into the green sun. Sollux is totally dead, but we don't have the deadtext yet so I dunno, they could throw him off into the green sun or something.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

It's been forever since we've seen him in not Hero Mode, and with all that smeared and fading juggalo makeup and still dripping wounds, Gamzee's got the busiest face ever now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
It's terribly awesome. And based off of this video, for those not in the know.

That Bro/Kanaya picture is one of those things that looks okay at a glance, until you start to notice the details. Like Bro's mole.

Edit: please be mustard please be mustard