Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bible
May 8, 2010

TannhauserGate posted:

I mean first of all, you've got your going to the gym everyday and staring at a picture of a wolfman for inspiration. Which to me, seems like something to watch out for.

Then whenever you're around them they'll explain to you this devastating new thing they're learning. Which, as you might imagine, is a rehearsed set of nonsense. One exercise might be block, claw out the attacker's throat with one hand, blind them with the other, break their neck, stomp on their body. They're really surprised they were allowed to learn such a technique so early, because it's "so deadly". The moral is that you have to pay more money and buy more belts to learn the other ones.

Then there's the wax-on wax-off drills. They were just trying to explain to me how alternating a shrugging gesture and signifying intestinal distress teaches you how to "block, attack, block, attack." Because you might have trouble remembering how that goes. There's also a poem to recite with gibberish like "Tree protects water, water protects earth, earth protects metal". Which is a lot easier to remember than "alternate blocking and attacking".

Master Bob sounds like an awful human being. When they were filing their online reviews they repeatedly mentioned and told lengthy stories about how Master Bob don't broke no sass. If they were to tell him they saw the listing on Google and hadn't reviewed yet, he would probably ask to "spar" with them and beat them senseless until the entire class swore to go online and review the dojo. Remember that this is what they're telling me, as though it were a good thing. Near as I can tell he's the classic cult enforcer. If you break any of the cult's mores, you're taught that punishment is prostrating yourself before the enforcer and accepting the abuse he doles out.

Remember that both of these people claim to be powerful warriors in The Other Realm, fighters in whom the fate of the entire world is entrusted. To these supreme warriors, rehearsing pre-fab kung fu drills is the height of human excellence.

I think they own four yellow belts, because there was a mix-up switching between classes and they kept having to purchase new ones instead of just wearing the same one to the new class.

Does anyone else smell day-old meat left to fester in a sink when they come across that word?

I'm hesitant to admit that I indeed went to the North Austin school for like, 2 years. I'll give them this, they provide a hell of a workout during conditioning classes, but the martial arts aspect of it is chock full of mysticism and bad anatomy. Sin is regarded more or less as a demigod, with an actual book someone drew up detailing a bunch of physics defying stunts he pulled in his past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

la_fausse_tortue
Oct 25, 2011

Yes, it's a horsebutt.
Wow, this thread exploded, didn't it? Nice to have you on board, Snapdragon750!

Parrier Runs a Ninja Village in Naruto Where He is Dragon King.

Back in 2007, having been held yet another year back from graduating, Parrier decides that he has one of those Hidden ninja villages in the Naruto world. It is full of all his dragon kin. Turns out, wayyyyyyy back in the history of Naruto (but not too far back because Kakashi was involed *eyeroll*), the dragons in Naruto were hunted down and exterminated in a great war with the Ninjas!

Why? Well, dragons had a habit of eating humans/their livestock/being pests and, thus, ninjas were hired to take care of them. But dragons are notoriously hard to get rid of, so it soon became a blood feud. Special poison was invented to slay dragons.

Wanting to live in peace, Parrier built a Hidden Village to house all the dragons. The dragons could masquerade as human, of course (or, at least, human enough to appease ninjas. Have you seen some of them Naruto ninjas?). And, while all was not forgiven or forgotten, a tentative peace reigned. Because no one could find dragons.

Parrier ruled the dragon village, of course. Because he was the most powerful one there, even over the BLACK DRAGON OF DEATH, Griever (who I'd heard of before, initially as being that Lion Pendant thing Squall from ff8 wears, but I guess he's a Black Dragon of Death who was depressed because his touch killed everything.. Also, I'd originally taken this character to be Parrier's brother, but then Griever became another harem buddy. I can tell this story later.).

Anyway. Griever dutifully looked after Parrier's Hidden Naruto Dragon Village for him while Parrier was stuck in the body of a girl cursed to not finish High School.

We had a great many musings regarding the Naruto world. Joining Parrier's harem was: Orochimaru, Kakashi, and Itachi.

Kakashi came first, as a sort of crush. A crush that quickly diverted when Denise told someone else about the whole Animu Is Real Thing, and that person clearly like Kakashi as a sort of muse (and not as a lover/whatever. Which I thought was cool. Why couldn't Parrier just hang out with these people? Why did he have to gently caress him? Oh, right. Hormones Incubus Demon Sex God.).

Orochimaru appeared with a rape-fantasy that was just odd. Not only did Orochimaru routinely force Parrier (at this point, it was only Parrier. No Magnolia or Denise. This was the demon who was trapped in the body of a high school girl.), be all snakey during sex, inflict lots of bites (which were likely a combination of freckles/acne), and do some science experiments on him (!!!).

I actually got to chat with Itachi. Melissa 'switched' with him, meaning that he possessed her body for a short time during an anime convention. Far from showing off his ninjutsu in the face of the Real World, he was rather quiet and reserved. Despite reportedly having lots of rough sex with Parrier* (our favourite incubus showed me the bruises), he kept his distance. At the end of the night, when we returned to our rooms (we all shared a suite), instead of following Parrier's hints of 'Well, I'm going upstairs now!' Itachi decided to hang out with me and watch the end of Paranoia Agent in the living space.

*This was the time that Parrier was getting into bondage. Got those pants with all the straps and poo poo. Luckily, he didn't share the details of his exploits. Usually, he didn't remember the details (OMG!DATERAPE!!).

Anyway. So the Naruto world became Parrier's base of operations. He graciously told me that I was welcome to visit and/or live in his village. He started implying how no one would touch me because I was his friend and thus under His protection, except that I'd had enough of his bullshit. I think it was then that I started mildly trolling his fantasies.

At that point, I revealed that I was more than just a High School girl with animistic beliefs.

EDIT:

SSNeoman posted:

Also it's Griever, not Mourner :spergin:

Clearly I haven't played ff8 enough. Thought I had to CHANGE THE NAME TO PROTECT THE IDENTITY. I'll go switch em all back.

la_fausse_tortue fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 15, 2011

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

...I missed most of Tuesday because I was trying to deal with illness and insomnia and suddenly space dragon and rargh religion fights? Goddamn, people get crazy when I try to get some sleep.

OH poo poo TORTUE IS ABOUT TO UNLEASH. loving hell, I'm getting some popcorn.

la_fausse_tortue
Oct 25, 2011

Yes, it's a horsebutt.

Allen Wren posted:

OH poo poo TORTUE IS ABOUT TO UNLEASH.

With a quote like that, I honestly wish I'd decided to be a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle to troll his fantasies.

The Decepticons Are Living In The Apartment Above Us.

Right after the Second Transformers movie came out, Melissa and Parrier are apartment-sitting for Melissa's bro. Creepy poo poo has been happening, yo. Frankly, the cupboard that was the main bit of creepy was legitimately creepy. It was under the bathroom sink, and had a habit of opening itself even when the garbage can blocked it from opening. It had a huge creepy vibe coming from it. But, cupboard aside, it would seem that strange things were happening in that building. The decepticons, of course, were around the area. Outside, mostly. But, the night before, their neighbour had mysteriously started vacuuming at 3am!

Totally Decepticons' fault.

So, I visited when they were getting mildly freaked at the OMGENERGY. Or, rather, Parrier was getting freaked and Melissa was looking mildly bored.

"Well, can't you just get the Admiral to show them off?" I asked.
"She can't be bothered."

I didn't blame her.

"Well, how about I just give them the boot?" I said.
"What?"

A month ago, I had alluded to the fact that I had 'awakened' into my true form--a form I kept intentionally vague. Except that I was powerful, and elementally opposite to Parrier: water to his fire. And, due to long nights spent following folklore and mythology on the internet (a hobby), Parrer was likely impressed with my knowledge. I also stopped asking questions about how the world works, and stopped giving a gently caress started answering them.

Yes, after a while Parrier began to ask me questions about his worlds.

So, instead of dithering around, speculating about Autobots and Decepticons, I just shut my eyes, spent two minutes really still and 'concentrating', and 'kicked' those Decepticons away!

"Done." I said, and met Melissa's eye. She nodded. Fairly certain she was getting tired of bullshit, too.

Thus, we freed the evening from 'pondering about the Decepticons' to one in which we can do something Parrier did not really want to: legitimately hang out and play games like Spyro and Mario Cart.

Ever after, whenever Parrier started bullshit, I'd 'switch' into my alter-ego and subtly snap him back. Or use the opportunity to reveal my 'darker' past, which include drowning things and devouring them because, really, I'm a horse-loving-girl at heart, and Kelpie folklore was just too perfect to resist. I might have even implied that I drowned him in a former life.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Parrier legitimately thought the Decepticons were in the surrounding vehicles as we walked through a parking lot. "OMG LOOK AT THAT BLACK SCOOTER? IT'S (insert name of decepticon)!" Melissa was just going along with it, it seemed.

la_fausse_tortue fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Dec 14, 2011

Snapdragon750
Mar 7, 2007

PLEASE DISREGARD MY FAGGOT TREE

la_fausse_tortue posted:

So, instead of dithering around, speculating about Autobots and Decepticons, I just shut my eyes, spent two minutes really still and 'concentrating', and 'kicked' those Decepticons away!

"Done." I said, and met Melissa's eye. She nodded. Fairly certain she was getting tired of bullshit, too.

Thus, we freed the evening from 'pondering about the Decepticons' to one in which we can do something Parrier did not really want to: legitimately hang out and play games like Spyro and Mario Cart.

You're my hero.

This is similar to the trick I pulled on Summer eventually to make the "enemies" stop coming, but it took me years to think of it. Well done! :tipshat:

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

It totally slays me that you watched Paranoia Agent with her because she clearly missed the entire point of that anime.

Edit: for those who haven't seen it, and even if you don't like anime much I highly recommend this short series, is entirely and obviously about how bad it is to retreat into fantasy instead of facing unpleasant truths.

hallo spacedog fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Dec 14, 2011

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Haha, awesome. There was a period in my high school days where some of my friends were starting to claim SPECIAL POWERS, and I basically did what I could to shut them down through the sheer power of my skepticism. I should have bought in and pulled the reversal like you did.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

la_fausse_tortue posted:

instead of following Parrier's hints of 'Well, I'm going upstairs now!' Itachi decided to hang out with me and watch the end of Paranoia Agent in the living space.

Hahaha this is awesome, even her imaginary alter ego crushes are tired of her bullshit and just want to hang out and do normal things.

la_fausse_tortue posted:

long nights spent following folklore and mythology on the internet (a hobby)

Hey, I do this too. :buddy:

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

hallo spacedog posted:

It totally slays me that you watched Paranoia Agent with her because she clearly missed the entire point of that anime.

Edit: for those who haven't seen it, and even if you don't like anime much I highly recommend this short series, is entirely and obviously about how bad it is to retreat into fantasy instead of facing unpleasant truths.

Seconding this. I'm curious about what she thought of the show since its message is pretty much "GROW THE gently caress UP JAPAN AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR poo poo."

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

hallo spacedog posted:

Think about the theme of this thread and witness the opening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-anabfAg06U

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Ugh she really is hitting all the points here isn't she? Sephiroth, Heero, Kakashi, Itachi, loving Orochimaru. Goddamn. I bet she got some characters from Bleach in there to.

Also it's Griever, not Mourner :spergin:

Snapdragon750
Mar 7, 2007

Totally Real Abductions

I mentioned abductions (the same thing Denise called “posession”) before, but I didn't really talk about exactly what that meant or how that happened. It started out, like most of it did, relatively believable. A GA could manipulate Summer's hands into writing a note, for example. And if I concentrated really hard and tried really hard, I could totally do it too!

So we passed the time in Driver's Ed this way, passing notes back and forth like normal teenage girls, except the GAs joined into the conversation. We'd write in different handwriting for different GAs. Pretty harmless.

Then one day I answered the phone.
;-* Snapdragon?
:) Oh hi Summer, my your voice sounds deep this evening. What's up?
;-* Snapdragon, it's Piccolo. We have a problem.
:) Piccolo???? What???
;-* I've abducted Summer's body. The enemy kidnapped her and we have to get her back.

Now, I don't remember the exact details of this conversation and this particular battle, but this “Summer's been kidnapped so I'm in her body” scenario definitely happened, probably more than once. Through writing this, I've been wracking my brain trying to remember how she fought battles while we were on the phone, and I'm just this minute remembering.

When Summer's body was abducted by a GA, sometimes Summer herself would become a GA. Summer was now free to be her “GA self,” as she called it, and she could go around fighting enemies or whatever. It was around this point that GA sort of became its own thing and no longer seemed representative of the term “Guardian Angels.” So now Piccolo, in Summer's body, would tell me what “Summer,” as a GA, was doing. Or Summer would tell me when she got back to her body. It depended on the circumstances.

I guess this was a step better than fighting the air.

I say sometimes this would happen, though, because it was not consistent. Depending on which was convenient for Summer at the time, sometimes when she was abducted she'd just remain a presence in her own mind.

When we had sleepovers at whoever's house, all the GAs would sort of get together for a big stupid anime slumber party. Summer would tell me who was doing what as we played imaginary truth or dare and created romances and dramas between different GAs. When these abductions started, now all sorts of different GAs could abduct her and talk to me. It was like having a slumber party with Sybil, if she'd been into anime and making the whole thing up. To show me when a GA abducted her, she'd close her eyes really tight for a few seconds. The same happened when they "un-abducted" her.

This didn't always apply when enemies abducted her though! Because I wasn't supposed to know about that! I'll talk about enemies abducting her later. The image of Cell from DBZ talking to me on the phone through a teenage girl's body about how we'll never defeat him deserves its own post.

Abductions got weird
Because they weren't weird enough already.

Remember how I said that GAs could manipulate our hands to do things in real life, like write notes? Well, we were sitting in her room one day and...
;-* Hey Snapdragon....
:) Yeah?
;-* Do you....do you think...that Piccolo could borrow your hands to...brush my hair?

I thought it sounded weird but didn't want to be a jerk and say no. So I brushed her hair, but of course I had to make it seem like her husband-who-adored-her was doing it, so I had to do it all gently and romantically to make it believable.

It. Was. So. Awkward.

I never did this again.

It should be mentioned that Summer told me that I had an anime husband too. Sometimes he would abduct her body, but we would just talk like normal people. It didn't happen often, and no creepy hair brushing happened then. I never asked for it. Because it was creepy.

Q: Snapdragon, if Summer could totally see, hear, and feel these GAs like they were real, why would she care if Piccolo used your hands or his own hands with an invisible GA brush?

A: I. DON'T. KNOW. I asked her this once, and she explained that while she could totally “feel” GAs, they didn't quite feel like a real person. I still think it's stupid and the biggest piece of evidence I have that she was making it all up.

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur

hallo spacedog posted:

Ha! I thought this exact same thing. :hf: It is an extra bit of irony--she actively lived her life with a figurative Little Slugger hot on her heels. And I second your recommendation of the series--it was fantastic.

Spitball Trough
Jul 25, 2011

Saeku posted:

But the crazy ones are the only interesting ones. I really wish I'd saved that no-longer-on-the-net article "Do Dragons Walk Among Us?" about the pathetic lifestyle a cult of unemployed fat closeted dudes who all thought they were hermaphrodite dragons superior to puny hyoomans, and how they kept losing members to suicide.

Wow, I have never even heard of this-- was it in a magazine or something? Somebody please please please tell me you have a copy of this (and that the dwaggyns in question are Kaijima and his crew).

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

Spitball Trough posted:

Wow, I have never even heard of this-- was it in a magazine or something? Somebody please please please tell me you have a copy of this (and that the dwaggyns in question are Kaijima and his crew).

For some media flavor, the seminal work on "different inside" sexual issues is online. Presenting, Anna Meets the Furries from BBC.

Wherein Anna gets creeped out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htq3FwZ1mw8
Wherein Anna begins to be scared:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlNH5jOhWVE
Wherein Anna says right, that's enough for me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCzBUCrck14

quote:

Ursus: "I am the Yiff beast of Sacramento, actually of all I survey."
Anna: "So now that I'm kind of in your den, does that mean I'm going to have to be... yiffy with you..."
Ursus: (firmly) "No. Absolutely not. It's a matter of individual choice - there must be at least five den-mates I haven't yiffed." (Indicating Anna) "Six now."
Anna: "Out of how many?"
Ursus: (without hesitation) "Thirty-four."

Every group of "otherkin" or whatever always claim that this isn't what they're like. This is exactly what they're like. My friend Keesha claims to be a big fan of "glomping" (aka when you run up to someone and hug them, but when you say glomp that makes it anime). e: And she's (offered?) to have me in a furpile before. When she's not even a furry. What is that I don't even.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
I started reading this thread on my lunch break and then did absolutely no work for the rest of the day.

:stare:

Holy crap. This is all just one big... thing. I'm so sorry you had to go through this (to anyone who posted a story)

Just poo poo. :stare:

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie

TannhauserGate posted:

For some media flavor, the seminal work on "different inside" sexual issues is online. Presenting, Anna Meets the Furries from BBC.

Every group of "otherkin" or whatever always claim that this isn't what they're like. This is exactly what they're like. My friend Keesha claims to be a big fan of "glomping" (aka when you run up to someone and hug them, but when you say glomp that makes it anime). e: And she's (offered?) to have me in a furpile before. When she's not even a furry. What is that I don't even.

Just wanted to chime in and say Anna Meets the Furries is really interesting/hilarious. Another good one is Furries: An Inside Look.

Part One
Part Two
Part Three

Twiggy Johnson
Jun 10, 2011

quote:

Ursus: "I am the Yiff beast of Sacramento, actually of all I survey."

I don't care how crazy he is or what he had to do to earn it, "Yiff Beast of Sacramento" is the greatest title any man could hope to attain.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

TannhauserGate posted:

I really hate people who stand uncomfortably close to you when they talk, and I felt that way about this "ostrich" guy just looking at him on a screen while I'm sat at my desk.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Earwicker posted:

I really hate people who stand uncomfortably close to you when they talk, and I felt that way about this "ostrich" guy just looking at him on a screen while I'm sat at my desk.

Just wait until you get to the part where they suddenly lick her. And they call it "slurping" :gonk:

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

Earwicker posted:

If you really want to test your inner strength, search up a copy of "Otakus Unite!". My wife was so repulsed by one interview that when I couldn't find the remote fast enough, she ran out of the room, and told me that if I kept playing it she was sleeping at her mothers tonight.

And they think this video is a testament to their way of life, a way to sway people from the outside into seeing things their way.

Twiggy Johnson
Jun 10, 2011

TannhauserGate posted:

The one guy mentions that most furries would go for genetic alteration if the technology was available. Do any furries get into body modification/tattooing? There's that one cat-person that even went with filed teeth, but I never associated her(?) with furries.

(There is no part of that question that I'm willing to google at work.)

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
There's that one tiger dude who has whisker implants but gently caress if I'm gonna google for it.

E: \/ But... there aren't tigers in the Americas?

GenericOverusedName fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 15, 2011

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

GenericOverusedName posted:

There's that one tiger dude who has whisker implants but gently caress if I'm gonna google for it.
He was on that doco "Anna meets the Furries" where oddly he's the sanest of the lot. He's an American-Indian who sees it as connecting with his totem animal as opposed to being a mental case who listens to the hamster dance song as they slip away from reality.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

WebDog posted:

He was on that doco "Anna meets the Furries" where oddly he's the sanest of the lot. He's an American-Indian who sees it as connecting with his totem animal as opposed to being a mental case who listens to the hamster dance song as they slip away from reality.

Unfortunately for him he still doesn't look anything at all like a cat.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

TannhauserGate posted:

You forgot to add, run up to someone and hug them without asking, or even alerting them of your existence beforehand. Because apparently, touching people without their permission is nippon ichi gozaimasu moe moe moe. :3:

Twiggy Johnson
Jun 10, 2011

:doh: I hadn't watched part 3 when I posted.

"I like all cats, but primarily tigers because they're the largest cats."

Edit: Actually, that's the cat-person I was thinking of. Didn't realize it was a dude.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

TannhauserGate posted:

Youtube Commenter posted:

Why cruel world!! they seek out the dumb asses of are fandom

I love it when nuts from a fandom poo poo all over the other nuts. Bad grammar and spelling while calling someone else an idiot is just the icing on the cake.

Sir Prancelot
Mar 7, 2008

:h:Knight of the
Rainbow Table.:h:

Hedera Helix posted:

You forgot to add, run up to someone and hug them without asking, or even alerting them of your existence beforehand. Because apparently, touching people without their permission is nippon ichi gozaimasu moe moe moe. :3:
During my second and last semester as part of my college's anime club, I was repeatedly sacked in this manner by a super massive star of a girl who thought I was a kawaii tsundere.

theplanetvenus
Nov 28, 2007
Christ, this thread. I really have to thank everyone for sharing their stories and the OP for starting this thread -- I really didn't think this many people went through something similar that I did.

I'll try to write up about my fae-vampire-sparkle-ex-boyfriend and his vampire/elf/astral plane friends to add to this. But thank you, seriously, everyone posting. This has been somewhat therapeutic.

Snapdragon750
Mar 7, 2007

DieWalkureMeggie posted:

I'll try to write up about my fae-vampire-sparkle-ex-boyfriend and his vampire/elf/astral plane friends to add to this. But thank you, seriously, everyone posting. This has been somewhat therapeutic.

Please please please tell us about this.

Doused
Nov 5, 2011
This thread. Man, this thread. It's almost a little reliving to find people that have gone through stuff like this, and scary as well. I guess I never knew there was that many crazy people out there.

My ex was not nearly as bad as people you write about, I guess thankfully. She was just obsessed with foxes and Kurama from the anime YuYu Hakusho. She believed she could communicate with him. She would frequently go on about how she and him were going to get married and how she was going to have him have sex with Hiei and they'll have little kitten foxes somehow. This happened while we were still dating.

I don't have any particular stories to tell, she was fairly normal aside from well, that.

FAH Q
Aug 19, 2007

Certified Monster Fucker
It's literally blowing my mind how so many people go batshit insane in this fantasy world. I would dream about stuff like this at such a young age but...to believe it, to live it, to convince your partner and friends that this is all real? And one of them is a therapist??

The worst that ever happened to me is my friend wanted to play "Cloud and Sephiroth" and that led to an awkward 13 year old kiss. We were both girls :/ We weren't really friends for much longer.

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper
"No."

Hedera Helix posted:

Apparently on one of the weaboo stories tumblrs a pregnant woman was glomped by someone forcefully and had a miscarriage.

Not sure whether it's true, but if it is, :smith:.

RalAegidius
Nov 12, 2004

It's a crow. In a box.

Deadly Chlorine posted:

Apparently on one of the weaboo stories tumblrs a pregnant woman was glomped by someone forcefully and had a miscarriage.

Not sure whether it's true, but if it is, :smith:.

That seems pretty unlikely to me. Unborn fetuses and the moms pregnant with them are not that fragile.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

RalAegidius posted:

That seems pretty unlikely to me. Unborn fetuses and the moms pregnant with them are not that fragile.

I dunno, fat otaku glompers can hit like a semi when they're in direct line of sight of their target.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

At some point, that's a pretty arbitrary distinction, though. If his totem were the horse probably nobody would bat an eye, despite the fact that mustangs are feral invasives. Or if he were from a tribe in California and went for wolverines or wolves, despite them having been extirpated from that portion of their original range.

Guesticles
Dec 21, 2009

I AM CURRENTLY JACKING OFF TO PICTURES OF MUTILATED FEMALE CORPSES, IT'S ALL VERY DEEP AND SOPHISTICATED BUT IT'S JUST TOO FUCKING HIGHBROW FOR YOU NON-MISOGYNISTS TO UNDERSTAND

:siren:P.S. STILL COMPLETELY DEVOID OF MERIT:siren:

Pick posted:

At some point, that's a pretty arbitrary distinction, though. If his totem were the horse probably nobody would bat an eye, despite the fact that mustangs are feral invasives. Or if he were from a tribe in California and went for wolverines or wolves, despite them having been extirpated from that portion of their original range.

There's a difference between animals that have been there for 500 years, animals that his tribe probably interacted with in the past, and animals that are on another continent, separated by an ocean.

That said, he's not hurting anyone. I think he's crazy, but if he's happy and this gives him spiritual fulfillment , more power to him.

(The body mods are a little worrying, and I sort of suspect he's primed to star on in episode of Fatal Attraction, but if doing this stuff makes him happy, he should go hog tiger wild.)

Snapdragon750
Mar 7, 2007

FAH Q posted:

And one of them is a therapist??

Summer was always interested in psychology (the crazy ones often are--I'm pretty sure she self-diagnosed herself with everything except the stuff she probably had), and her parents wanted her to be a doctor but she was really not smart enough. I don't know why she specifically picked "marriage and family therapy," but hey she stayed married to Piccolo for at least 6 years through thick and thin so I guess she's qualified!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Guesticles posted:

There's a difference between animals that have been there for 500 years, animals that his tribe probably interacted with in the past, and animals that are on another continent, separated by an ocean.

There are certainly tigers in the US now, and this guy is alive right now. His tribe has, I'm pretty sure, been well aware of tigers for several generations now. I don't see why he's obligated to have a spirit animal that has been on the continent for hundreds of years or whatever that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. He said that some elder in his tribe told him to be like a tiger (or something like that), so he did.

• Locked thread