Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Torael_7 posted:

I'm on their mailing list. They've been having BOGO 50% sales practically non-stop since black friday. :toot:

The TRU by me was pretty cleaned out, mostly star wars and city stuff, and the new sets that weren't included. The city and star wars sets don't really interest me all that much. I've heard everyone say how awesome the tripod is so I figured I'd pick up a few. One for my desk at work and one for home :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Botany As Optimism
Aug 2, 2008
Had to post this one from the prototypes page on the wiki. Clunky as hell but I love it. Final model was an absolute aberration though.

Dr. Bonertron
Mar 26, 2009

The doctor said I was too muscular to be aborted
Okay so I haven't played around with a Lego set in probably 10 years. Recently I've had this strange urge to get some -- and today, against my better judgement, I did. I picked up the Creator Cool Cruiser (5767) because it had a lot of pieces for the price, and a whole lot of weird curvy things I hadn't really seen before.

I'm looking for other sets with similar attributes, as I need to build a good base of parts. I'm not really terribly interested in the higher-priced licensed products, unless they're just really drat cool and have unique pieces in them. Any suggestions?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Frocious posted:

Okay so I haven't played around with a Lego set in probably 10 years. Recently I've had this strange urge to get some -- and today, against my better judgement, I did. I picked up the Creator Cool Cruiser (5767) because it had a lot of pieces for the price, and a whole lot of weird curvy things I hadn't really seen before.

I'm looking for other sets with similar attributes, as I need to build a good base of parts. I'm not really terribly interested in the higher-priced licensed products, unless they're just really drat cool and have unique pieces in them. Any suggestions?

If you're just looking for a good variety of parts, stick with the Creator sets.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Was anyone else inexplicably happy with today's thing in the Star Wars advent calendar?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

front wing flexing posted:

That thing is hideous even by 1985 standards.

For sure, the remote control was the exciting part.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sair posted:

Was anyone else inexplicably happy with today's thing in the Star Wars advent calendar?

You perhaps want to say what it is?

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Sair posted:

Yes! Added to the list of things I want a fleet of.

The_Doctor posted:

You perhaps want to say what it is?

A mouse droid!! :3:

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

So the Lego store just posted all the new SuperHeroes stuff, mostly Batman. I thought it was all coming out in January or am I just crazy? Really, really want the Two Face Chase and Armor Lex set.

http://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Super-Heroes-ByTheme

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Skulduggery posted:

So the Lego store just posted all the new SuperHeroes stuff, mostly Batman. I thought it was all coming out in January or am I just crazy? Really, really want the Two Face Chase and Armor Lex set.

I stopped off at Toys R Us today and they had them all out already, including the NotBionacle hero figures.

Edit: I don't remember ever seeing this set. Surprise?

MinionOfCthulhu fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Dec 15, 2011

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Skulduggery posted:

Man, the prices on those are straight up terrible. 45 bucks for 280 pieces? Eat butts, Lego, I ain't paying that kinda cash no matter how badly I want a minifig Joker. :colbert:

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

ChibiSoma posted:

Man, the prices on those are straight up terrible. 45 bucks for 280 pieces? Eat butts, Lego, I ain't paying that kinda cash no matter how badly I want a minifig Joker. :colbert:

The Batwing is $45 / 280 pcs, but the Funhouse is $50 / 380 pcs, so you get 100 pieces, a Harley Quinn, Riddle and Robin in addition to your Joker for only five extra bux.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Holy crap when did they redo the lego online catalog it is loving horrible now jesus poo poo.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I stopped off at Toys R Us today and they had them all out already, including the NotBionacle hero figures.

Edit: I don't remember ever seeing this set. Surprise?

Worst motorcycle.

I knew they were going to try to dry bone customers with the Heroes pricing, but drat.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Ville Valo posted:

I honestly could not figure it out. I sat there just completely puzzled.

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

ChibiSoma posted:

Those are the Canadaland prices it's 35 if you live in the states. :(

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
I'm disappointed the Creationary game isn't more like the old Creator. It's fun in its own right, but I want to learn how to make the cool stuff pictured on the box.

Me playing a Lego version of charades just equals putting three pieces together and saying "see it's a duck."

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I like that it rewards you for building well, not just guessing. Some of the builds are difficult for their supposed level, though.

I'm also a little disappointed they didn't call it Bricktionary, although that might have been a bit too close for Hasbro's comfort.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Ville Valo posted:

On the one hand, it's such a simple build and it's only, what, nine pieces?
On the other hand BEEP BOOP SQUEEAAAL *runs away*

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
I have a completely mint new in box lego set from last year that I was hanging on to. Can I get away with exchanging it for store credit (no receipt) at a Lego store? They wouldn't know it was over a year old, would they? It's a set that they're currently still selling and have a bunch of.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Arnold of Soissons posted:

The Batwing is $45 / 280 pcs, but the Funhouse is $50 / 380 pcs, so you get 100 pieces, a Harley Quinn, Riddle and Robin in addition to your Joker for only five extra bux.
Plus, it will likely double or triple in value once it finally goes out of production. Keep the box.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
The Two-Face car in the new DC set is glorious. The orange and purple and hideously beautiful. When's the UK release date?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

einTier posted:

Plus, it will likely double or triple in value once it finally goes out of production. Keep the box.

I dunno, I don't think we're gonna see that this time around. These have low(ish) prices, so there's no barrier to getting them like the UCS Falcon, and people are well aware of how much the old Batman stuff has gone for. Which means a lot of people are going to be buying these and hanging on to them for a decade hoping to offload them for a big payday.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Frocious posted:

You have emerged from your Lego Dark Age, my brother. Welcome back to the fold.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Captain Invictus posted:

You have emerged from your Lego Dark Age, my brother. Welcome back to the fold.

Prepare to spend more money than you ever imagined when you were a kid.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
That is so true, it gets worse with bricklink and next thing you know you have ordered $100+ in just random parts you are sure you need for your next creation.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Merchant of Death posted:

That is so true, it gets worse with bricklink and next thing you know you have ordered $100+ in just random parts you are sure you need for your next creation.

I curse Bricklink sometimes.

My wife finally ordered the parts for her concrete truck. She needed to pad a ton of orders because she needed rare parts and didn't want to wait. The extra pieces, along with some from our inventory, assembled in to this.

At least she decided that the $50 sticker sheet wasn't worth it.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
Very nice, I still want to build that one day but know I need to sub out the 68 wheels with the 62's and a few other parts to be able to do it and keep my sanity and bank account happy.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
Sup!

http://kotaku.com/5868703/there-will-be-official-lego-lord-of-the-rings

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.

gently caress me first heroclix and now this. Goodbye money.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
:drat:

Time to start saving.

And beyond my initial reaction which was pretty much

It will be interesting to see how well this does. Obviously amongst geeky AFOLs this is huge and I'd be suprised if it wasn't the number one most desired license by a huge margin. But does it have the same level of "toy appeal" as superheroes and Star Wars and the like to the the kids who are still the core market. Even at the height of the film's popularities I don't think action figures and stuff aimed primarily at kids was that succesful. Either way it's got to be more popular than Prince of Persia.

Seriously though.

I'm gonna buy all of it.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Dec 16, 2011

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
wow it finally happened there has been speculation for months if we would get that.

Goodbye money and shelfspace

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Welp, so long any illusions that I'm not a hideous nerd.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
That ring is way too big for his little lego hand.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I want a LEGO balrog and minifig gandalf with breakaway action bridge of khazad-dum.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
"Here, take this bunt cake."

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Dinosaurs and LotR? poo poo.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
And how overpriced will this licence be? :(

Wheezer
Apr 4, 2011
Oh no, more of those horrible non-poseable dwarf minifig legs. Those and stiff cloth capes for all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

And how overpriced will this licence be? :(

Maybe if it's less popular than Star Wars it will be cheaper? Right guys?

... right?