Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Sad Karkat is not something I want to see. He should be mad! Pissed as hell! All yelling and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I think... Vriska's body flew off into space.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Fat_Cow posted:

Cal, too. :tinfoil:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Rest in Peace Sollux, you bifurcated rear end in a top hat.

And may a flight of bees sing thee to thy rest.

Oh and Gamzee probably put Cal away in his sylladex, so if he needs him he can just reach over and...

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Kanaya wants to know if anyone is going to finish that body or if she can have it all.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

So where are Aradia, Dave, and Rose right now?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

So where are Aradia, Dave, and Rose right now?

The Green Sun is pretty big, they might be on the other side.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Fat_Cow posted:

Kanaya wants to know if anyone is going to finish that body or if she can have it all.

Ew, the blood's probably all fizzy or something now.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The Green Sun is pretty big, they might be on the other side.

Okay, just making sure I'm not a big dumb idiot!!!!! (Gay!!! Ffaggot!!!)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
It's worth noting that Sollux still has one black eye and one white eye, suggesting he remains half dead, whatever that means.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Okay, just making sure I'm not a big dumb idiot!!!!! (Gay!!! Ffaggot!!!)

Yes, you certainly need to make sure you're not attracted to those of the same gender. That would be just terrible.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Man Gamzee looks high as hell in this update. Maybe he's just happy he got a new source of paint without having to kill anybody.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

RZApublican posted:

Man Gamzee looks high as hell in this update. Maybe he's just happy he got a new source of paint without having to kill anybody.

Terezi looks very very uninterested.

Because she doesn't get to investigate/blame it on Vriska this corpse like Tavros.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Is Karkat... crying?
Poor guy keeps having nothing but trouble happen to him :(

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Alabaster White posted:

Is Karkat... crying?
Poor guy keeps having nothing but trouble happen to him :(

He only cries when Sollux dies.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Kanaya, too.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Fat_Cow posted:

And straight into the green sun, where she'll come back as God Tier II.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

He's died like 3 times now right? Once in the vast glub and now both his dreamselves.

Fake Edit: Actually now that I think about it Sollux is probably the only one on the asteroid who qualifies for alt-god teir (since as far as I know he's still using his derse deamself.)

Real edit: Also does anyone remember this thing from WAYYYYYYY back just before everyone started dying? Seems like the perfect place to leave their dearly departed to rest right?

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Dec 15, 2011

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No it's cool guys Sollux just got really overheated flying the asteroid to the sun so the others were all like "well what can we cool him down with?" and it turns out they only had mustard so they sprayed him with that and now that they've arrived he's taking a nap and Karkat is crying because his best friend is unconscious covered in mustard.

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Dec 15, 2011

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

No it's cool guys Sollux just got really overheated flying the asteroid to the sun so the others were all like "well what can we cool him down with?" and it turns out they only had mustard so they sprayed him with that and now that they've arrived he's taking a nap and Karkat is crying because his best friend is unconscious covered in mustard.

Gamzee is his best friend!!!

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Gamzee is his best friend!!!

Everyone is his best friend. :colbert:

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Sollux, who taught you manners? You ate all the hotdogs and got yourself covered in mustard, then passed out in the middle of the street. How rude! Those hotdogs were for everyone!

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

CidGregor posted:

It's worth noting that Sollux still has one black eye and one white eye, suggesting he remains half dead, whatever that means.

Why does he have a white eye here? That's for dead people in dream bubbles, and he had two black eyes in Cascade. Perhaps the meteor is passing through dream bubbles, like Derse's moon did when Rose was riding it out to the Green Sun to deliver the Tumor.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Why does he have a white eye here? That's for dead people in dream bubbles, and he had two black eyes in Cascade. Perhaps the meteor is passing through dream bubbles, like Derse's moon did when Rose was riding it out to the Green Sun to deliver the Tumor.

He had one black and one white eye when we saw him at the Green Sun with Aradia, well before Cascade.

Still not sure what this means, though.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

See, it was difficult for him to keep the asteroid flying, so he had to quench some of his thirst, unfortunately all they had on hand was some mind honey, and he got some in one of his eyes.

Oh and I double checked, comparing here and here, and Sollux's two "selves" have thier black/white eyes on opposite sides. One half dead plus one half dead equals one alive perhaps? I'm sure it is somehow significant

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
Sollux may be dead but we still have the one that burst out of a dream bubble and is chilling with Aradia. So I have a feeling he'll be around for a while, yet.

If there's going to be a massive dream-bubble breakout, his ability to get out in the first place will probably be relevant. But it's hard to say either way if that'll happen, maybe he's just special.

Despite not thinking Sollux is gone for good, seeing Karkat cry is always upsetting. :smith: The most human of the trolls.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Bifurcated to the very end.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
Sollux's eyes were alternating black and white while he was doing the speed steering toward the Green Sun, so it's entirely possible they just happened to stay that way after he died.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

CidGregor posted:

Maybe he's living a half life now? [With Quarter life consequences?]

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Man, Hussie regarded the hell out of that last question.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fat_Cow posted:

Someone captchalogued it to be used in future prototyping and/or alchemizing. Get ready for Vriskasprite!

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Doc Uzuki posted:

Someone captchalogued it to be used in future prototyping and/or alchemizing. Get ready for Vriskasprite!

Imagine a version of Ocarina of Time where Navi gets fed up with you and flies off to beat the game herself.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Midnight Raider posted:

And straight into the green sun, where she'll come back as God Tier II.

"Sorry I took so long.." :ssj:

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

"Sorry I took so long.." :ssj:

"Near the furthest ring, time as we know it slows down. One day there is a year to us. A year to tr8n to ascend to the level of Super Troll........"

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It'd be pretty funny if next update Rose, Dave, Aradia, and half-dead ghost Sollux just float on down. "2up?"

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dolash posted:

It'd be pretty funny if next update Rose, Dave, Aradia, and half-dead ghost Sollux just float on down. "2up?"

It's an obvious callback opportunity to Sollux's dreamself showing up next to his corpse like before. So yeah probably.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Now that Sollux is all dead (presumably), will no one be able to see his ghost? He was still technically, uh, half-alive or something when he was floating around with Aradia.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
On one hand, Rose could interact could interact with dreaming Dave when she was riding Derse's moon alone. On the other hand, she was her dreamself at the time. Aradia is a God-Tier who can communicate with the dead, so she seems pretty solid of nothing else works out. Worst-case scenario, Sollux's dead/dream/ghost self could have a go at possessing his body, it's got to be worth a shot if nothing else. God I love this stupid dream/ghost crap.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Way I see it either ghost-Sollux disappears from the non-Dream Bubble world because he finally fully died or he stays around because he was already out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004
Pose as a team because poo poo JUST GOT REAL!

I wonder if they'll be able to 'talk' to each other now

YF-23 posted:

Way I see it either ghost-Sollux disappears from the non-Dream Bubble world because he finally fully died or he stays around because he was already out of it.

Good guess