Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
Hsien-Ko takes unscaled damage while gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Glass Eater posted:

Hsien-Ko takes unscaled damage while gold.

All assists take unscaled damage in this game, unless the point character is also getting hit. One can only assume this is a bug, but capcom doesn't seem to know/care :eng101:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Veev posted:

She's not invincible at any point in her assist, she just has hyper armor. You hit her at any point while she's out, she bleeds hard.

Oops, nevermind, posting at 5am made me mix up "invincible" and "has hyper armor". Ignore that post.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

buff Morrigan

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Buff Taskmaster

if you don't agree you're a Hitler

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Fereydun posted:

Buff Taskmaster

if you don't agree you're a Hitler

I'm genuinely surprised he doesn't have a level 3 that copies his opponents' or something like that. He certainly doesn't need it but I'm still shocked.

Dark Tony Rises.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.

Dizz posted:

why do we get such bad karma on nerfs? Capcom always seems to plink unnecessary nerfs on characters that are rarely used and makes them far worse yet the obvious ones get away with murdeer :argh;

You're an idiot.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Buff She-Hulk back to how she was in mvc3.

Taskmaster needs a speed up buff hyper and Super Skrull needs an invisibility buff hyper.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
I have yet to play a She Hulk in Ultimate.

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

You can't change nature, Jack.

Jmcrofts posted:

All assists take unscaled damage in this game, unless the point character is also getting hit. One can only assume this is a bug, but capcom doesn't seem to know/care :eng101:

That actually got changed in Ultimate, assist only combos scale properly now.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Countblanc posted:

I'm genuinely surprised he doesn't have a level 3 that copies his opponents' or something like that.

I thought it was odd that he didn't take the opportunity to learn Shoryuken, too, especially when Deadpool managed to.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Phenotype posted:

I thought it was odd that he didn't take the opportunity to learn Shoryuken, too, especially when Deadpool managed to.

No point because Ryu is a chump who fights like an amateur.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I was pretty surprised Taskmaster didn't get an equivalent of Rogue's old kiss move that stole enemy specials. Really don't think Taskmaster needs a buff though that dude is solid.

Hyun.
May 8, 2008

chumbler posted:

You and me both. I think Chun is the only character that absolutely no high level player has put any time into.

Rowtron has an absolutely disgusting Chun. He took second at Northwest Majors with it.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Just putting this here for future reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsvmKtTG9m0

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

dat fukkin dog!! posted:

You're an idiot.

Why are you so against a Wesker nerf? I don't know that it's necessary, but if one did happen it would probably just be some of his numbers going down, which probably wouldn't change his playstyle much, if at all. And if that somehow suddenly made him poo poo, there's nothing to stop them from changing him back.

Ocatamai
Jun 18, 2004

Perfect and Elegant Maid
Wesker's not even really that good, he's just incredibly unfun to play against knowing that the guy playing him probably isn't all that good and he'll probably beat you with cr.m dunking series. Wesker's overall skill ceiling is pretty low and if they do decide to nerf him somewhere down the line you're going to see a bunch of flailing babies trying to learn how to actually play the game.

After a week of seeing him, i'm not really all that bothered by him anymore. Now Nova, that man dangerous.

FauxCyclops
Feb 25, 2007

I'm the man who killed Hostess. Now, say my name.
The above post is pretty much why I've dropped Wesker from my team for now, I feel like I skipped over an important part of my education in favor of the babby combo win series

As a passable Wesker player though it's really easy to see when somebody truly has no loving clue what they're doing. They'll get in stray hits on you through sheer button mashing, but the amount of aimless teleporting, dropped launchers, random gunshots and accidental X-factors I witnessed in a lobby this evening made me want to barf.

FauxCyclops fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Dec 15, 2011

duffath
May 9, 2007

My name is Legion for we are many.

Ocatamai posted:

Wesker's not even really that good, he's just incredibly unfun to play against knowing that the guy playing him probably isn't all that good and he'll probably beat you with cr.m dunking series. Wesker's overall skill ceiling is pretty low and if they do decide to nerf him somewhere down the line you're going to see a bunch of flailing babies trying to learn how to actually play the game.

After a week of seeing him, i'm not really all that bothered by him anymore. Now Nova, that man dangerous.

If they nerf wesker I imagine all the scrubs who look at you and say "Complete....Global....Saturation" while trying to look cool and bad-rear end may quickly just become dick riders.

High-five for any nerds who get that!!

Big L
Oct 30, 2005

Fedora Emelianenko
Couldn't Wright's invincible assist be "fixed" by just having his Turnabout mode meter start running out as soon as he's on screen? It could still be good without being spammable as gently caress.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Seizure Robot posted:

I was pretty surprised Taskmaster didn't get an equivalent of Rogue's old kiss move that stole enemy specials. Really don't think Taskmaster needs a buff though that dude is solid.

I really wish Capcom would give Task the ability to combo out of his counters like Wesker and Ammy.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Big L posted:

Couldn't Wright's invincible assist be "fixed" by just having his Turnabout mode meter start running out as soon as he's on screen? It could still be good without being spammable as gently caress.

Why? That's the point. If you manage to land a Turnabout, your prize is a dead character, an invincible assist, and the opportunity to DHC into a guaranteed character-killer. Getting evidence is difficult enough to warrant it.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Ocatamai posted:

No Wesker is that good, the glasses just make him unreasonable good for the amount of effort it takes to use him.

I remember last nigh on Big Two ChrisG lost a match to MasterCJ because Dark Wesker can Punish Hawkeye for landing a Gimlet. He can punish you for Landing Supers.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

That's not something unique to Dark Wesker. Gimlet is -8 on hit...

EDIT:

dat fukkin dog!! posted:

You're an idiot.

great big cardboard tube fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 15, 2011

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Orange Crush Rush posted:

No Wesker is that good, the glasses just make him unreasonable good for the amount of effort it takes to use him.

I remember last nigh on Big Two ChrisG lost a match to MasterCJ because Dark Wesker can Punish Hawkeye for landing a Gimlet. He can punish you for Landing Supers.

Yeah, the guide specifically mentions that Gimlet is actually unsafe on HIT. It's weird, but kinda makes sense?

sleeps-chan
Jan 7, 2006

by T. Fine
I wonder if there is a large overlap with the people who want wesker nerfed hard and the people who don't understand why turnabout mode assist is bad

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006
All those born beneath an angry star.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Anyone can punish hawkeye super if they are close enough. It's not really wesker specific

Kuvo posted:

I really wish Capcom would give Task the ability to combo out of his counters like Wesker and Ammy.

You can super after that and taskmaster is good enough already why would you want to buff him

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Two assist questions: 1) What is this Turnabout assist you guys are talking about that's broken? I haven't fought many Nicks online since I just got Gold back yesterday :(

2) What's the best assist for Firebrand? I've had some pretty good luck with the swoop but I'm wondering if there's anything significantly useful regarding his other two assists. My team is usually some combo of Firebrand, Morrigan, Ammy and Trish.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Heath posted:

Two assist questions: 1) What is this Turnabout assist you guys are talking about that's broken? I haven't fought many Nicks online since I just got Gold back yesterday :(

2) What's the best assist for Firebrand? I've had some pretty good luck with the swoop but I'm wondering if there's anything significantly useful regarding his other two assists. My team is usually some combo of Firebrand, Morrigan, Ammy and Trish.

1) Press the Witness is 100% invincible when Nick's in Turnabout mode. It also covers most of the screen. Run that one through your head real quick

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Heath posted:

He has two assists, Press the Witness and Paper Work, that turn into Break the Witness and Paper Work Storm in Turnabout mode. Both are completely invincible from frame 1. Paper Work creates a defensive bubble of paper projectiles, while Break the Witness has Wright walk forward ending with a wall-bounce final hit.

I see Break the Witness used mostly because you can push someone back pretty far on block, and on hit the wall-bounce translates into combos easily.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
All of nick's assists are invincible but press the witness is the most obnoxious one. Swoop assist for firebrand is okay but not great.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Sade posted:

All of nick's assists are invincible but press the witness is the most obnoxious one. Swoop assist for firebrand is okay but not great.

No, his dog assist (Hidden Missile!) is still vulnerable during Turnabout. It's a good assist for setting up unblockables, and it's probably what people will pick if he loses his assist invulnerability, since Press the Witness isn't great for extending combos and Paperwork is pretty meh.

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
I think all the calls for nerfs to Wesker, Invincible assists and Jean are because they require you to play differently to beat them.

Wesker is a beast as anchor so you need to snap his rear end in and kill him. You can't really beat his buttons so you need to zone him out.

If you know you are fighting invincible assists you need to wait for them to get called out and then mount an aggressive offense while the assist is on cooldown. You have to be patient.

You can punish Haggar the easiest, old tron left a bit quick but just like Hsienko those two could be punished easily with beams or projectile supers if you bait them.

Beating Jean is a matter of never letting her go dark. If she goes dark you lose. Either snap her in and kill her or if you fail to do so, beat her within a hit or two of dark and run out the clock. She can't do much besides chip with fireball, teleport and overhead. Just superjump away from the fireballs and never touch the ground.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rollie the Guar posted:

That actually got changed in Ultimate, assist only combos scale properly now.

Well don't I look like an rear end in a top hat! :shobon:

Heath posted:

Swoop is the best, but it's not that great. That plus Firebrand's lackluster DHC enders are the reasons I usually start with firebrand on point.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx

The_Cack posted:

Beating Jean is a matter of never letting her go dark. If she goes dark you lose. Either snap her in and kill her or if you fail to do so, beat her within a hit or two of dark and run out the clock. She can't do much besides chip with fireball, teleport and overhead. Just superjump away from the fireballs and never touch the ground.

Running away from Jean has been proven in tournament play over and over again to be an awful idea when she actually knows what she's doing. She has more then enough tools to open you up and you're simply going to get broken down.

I don't see how Dark Phoenix is instant win either now with multiple hard counters to her in existence. (Hawkeye, Strange, Strider just to name a few.)

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Hell Gem

Chickenfrogman posted:

Running away from Jean has been proven in tournament play over and over again to be an awful idea when she actually knows what she's doing. She has more then enough tools to open you up and you're simply going to get broken down.

I don't see how Dark Phoenix is instant win either now with multiple hard counters to her in existence. (Hawkeye, Strange, Strider just to name a few.)
I don't see anyone running from Jean in tournaments. I always see people making her go dark and then losing. I do think that running away from her is the best idea specially since she has no health and you'll always win at timeover.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Jmcrofts posted:

Swoop is the best, but it's not that great. That plus Firebrand's lackluster DHC enders are the reasons I usually start with firebrand on point.
Does Firebrand have any assists that are invincible as crossover counters? People don't use invincible crossover counters enough.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx

The_Cack posted:

I don't see anyone running from Jean in tournaments. I always see people making her go dark and then losing. I do think that running away from her is the best idea specially since she has no health and you'll always win at timeover.

You won't if she simply opens you up repeatedly which she's more then capable of doing when you're running away. Clockwork and Phillipino Champ both have multiple videos where their opponents have attempted to run and lost the match because of Phoenix simply cutting down their team. You don't seem to realize that regular Phoenix still has incredibly effective mixups. If you're not fighting back, you are going to get caught. If the timer is running down, she can burn X Factor anyway and you're screwed even worse, since now you have to either pray or pop the Dark Phoenix and hope to god you don't die.

Running away will work on a crap Phoenix player who knows nothing but mashing As and fireballs, sure. It won't work on somebody who actually knows what they're doing.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dren posted:

Does Firebrand have any assists that are invincible as crossover counters? People don't use invincible crossover counters enough.

No. Swoop is a pretty good crossover counter though because it's really hard (impossible?) to punish on block.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Hell Gem

Chickenfrogman posted:

You won't if she simply opens you up repeatedly which she's more then capable of doing when you're running away. Clockwork and Phillipino Champ both have multiple videos where their opponents have attempted to run and lost the match because of Phoenix simply cutting down their team. You don't seem to realize that regular Phoenix still has incredibly effective mixups. If you're not fighting back, you are going to get caught. If the timer is running down, she can burn X Factor anyway and you're screwed even worse, since now you have to either pray or pop the Dark Phoenix and hope to god you don't die.

Running away will work on a crap Phoenix player who knows nothing but mashing As and fireballs, sure. It won't work on somebody who actually knows what they're doing.
Yeah I think anyone that fights Filipino Champ or Clockwork is probably going to lose. I still think that running away is the best idea. You don't have to agree with me. Jean's damage is rear end unless she uses a super and if she does you hit her once and she is dead. Her mixups only work if you stay still.

• Locked thread