Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Dolash posted:

It'd be pretty funny if next update Rose, Dave, Aradia, and half-dead ghost Sollux just float on down. "2up?"

Man, when you're right, you're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Oh hell, here it goes.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

I hope they get to talk before it cuts to another scene. :ohdear:

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

So that's why Gamzee was smiling, motherfucker knew what was up all along.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Good call.

Oh hey, this could be the part that sure could cause Karkat to regret success.

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004

Gnome de plume posted:

Good call.

mOtHeRfUcKiN' mIrAcLeS!

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Vaah posted:

He knew what was up the last time Sollux died too!

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Gnome de plume posted:

Good call.

Well, Terezi and Kanaya are still alive :v:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Aww Gamzee! :3: Who could hate this guy??

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Vaah posted:

Motherfucking Miracles.

Yeah someone already said that but I don't care.

E: I feel fairly certain the next panel will be a callback to this: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005249

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Dec 16, 2011

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

Motherfucking Miracles.

Yeah someone already said that but I don't care.

E: I feel fairly certain the next panel will be a callback to this: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005249

Thinking back to that pesterlog, if Gamzee took his own advice and slammed a Faygo after seeing the ICP video, then perhaps none of the murders would have ever happened.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Rasamune posted:

Well, Terezi and Kanaya are still alive :v:

If Rose/Kanaya becomes canon, I will suddenly understand jack poo poo.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Boneless Jogger posted:

Thinking back to that pesterlog, if Gamzee took his own advice and slammed a Faygo after seeing the ICP video, then perhaps none of the murders would have ever happened.
TC: THERE'S NO MORE FAYGO LEFT. Do:
TC: it's all gone :o(
TC: IT ISN'T THAT BAD THOUGH
TC: that poo poo is poison
TC: )o:
TC: honk
TC: HONK

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

JT Jag posted:

TC: THERE'S NO MORE FAYGO LEFT. Do:
TC: it's all gone :o(
TC: IT ISN'T THAT BAD THOUGH
TC: that poo poo is poison
TC: )o:
TC: honk
TC: HONK

What.

It's just soda. Not great, but not that bad either. What's the big deal?

We all need to settle down here.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
With the untimly death of Sweet Bro, I give you Hella Jeff.

:smith:

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

tinaun posted:

With the untimly death of Sweet Bro, I give you Hella Jeff.

:smith:

This is way funnier than it should be. And it makes Hella Jeff look EVEN MORE stoned than usual.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Man Gamzee has really chilled the hell out hasn't he? Night has fallen on the land of flipping the gently caress out. Fallen like a rock.

All hail the pap and the shoosh.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Captain Oblivious posted:

Man Gamzee has really chilled the hell out hasn't he? Night has fallen on the land of flipping the gently caress out. Fallen like a rock.

It's a good thing too, or else having Dave show up out of nowhere might have made him flip the gently caress out to an impossible miraculous level.

Pre-emptively disbelieving in the existence of the inevitable fanart of this meeting devolving into a giant snog-fest.

Duskfiend
Apr 5, 2011

Awwwk! Awwwk!
For whatever reason this update really had me by the heartstrings. I felt so sad for Karkat when I saw him crying, and I was overjoyed when I saw Sollux, Aradia, Rose and Dave just smiling down on them. I love this comic. I'm fully expecting them to ridicule Karkat in the next update. :v:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
This is the SECOND time now Karkat has jumped the gun on mourning Sollux. It's touching in a goofy kind of way.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Terezi must be having a red overload right now. Assuming she can smell anything other than green, anyway.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

She is in sour apple heaven, which is fine because that is the actual best smell instead of whatever cherry stuff she's on about.

Also, I know it's been said before but in that group shot with the trolls as sprites, Kanaya really does look like she's trying to think of a way to broach the subject of drinking some of that spilled blood without sounding rude.

This is the SECOND time now Karkat has jumped the gun on mourning Sollux. It's touching in a goofy kind of way.

He could be actually dead. Like, if that is a 100% corpse on the ground instead of a 50% corpse then the Sollux floating up there would be a spirit Sollux that is confined to the bubbles and the areas around it, at least that's how I assume that works. In which case Karkat will be saying "hi bro" then "bye bro" cuz Sollux is out of second chances and everyone in the living club has a first class invite to a universe that isn't doomed to failure while the dead just kind of :smith: around.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Oh boy, time for some sloppy interspecies makeouts! :pervert:

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Also, I know it's been said before but in that group shot with the trolls as sprites, Kanaya really does look like she's trying to think of a way to broach the subject of drinking some of that spilled blood without sounding rude.

Well she can just ask him now. I'm sure he won't mind.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Cabbit posted:

Man, Hussie regarded the hell out of that last question.

What

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

GenericOverusedName posted:

Oh boy, time for some sloppy interspecies makeouts! :pervert:

Rose and Kanaya appear on-screen together for the first time, and a legion of fan-artists hold their breath.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

as chill as all what's can be.
NO CAUSE FOR ALARM

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I'm not entirely clear what's happening here. Is John seeing the meet-up through Jade? Can she see it?

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Oh dick, John's gonna pull them out of there through jade. That's cool as gently caress.

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004
Oh man, I just happened to look at Homestuck the minute it updated.

And now I suddenly understand nothing. Did Jane show John what was happening? Did she summon them?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Elysiume posted:

I'm not entirely clear what's happening here. Is John seeing the meet-up through Jade? Can she see it?

He's seeing it through her. As we know, First Guardians can act as portals to the Green Sun. That's how Aradia got to the Green Sun/ managed not to get murdered by Jack. Presumably, she's going to cough up the asteroid as a doggy hairball.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Dolash posted:

Rose and Kanaya appear on-screen together for the first time, and a legion of fan-artists hold their breath.

I genuinely hope that the intermission ends here and we go back to the post scratch stuff for another month or two. That in itself would probably be more torturous for the shippers than anything else happening.

Of course it would also mean that month or two would be full of more fanwork being produced about what is CLEARLY going to happen next that I'm not sure the internet will be tolerable, although the potential for shipper tears if (when) Hussie did something different when we got back to them would be extremely high. In fact I'm actually surprised that we haven't been ambushed by mountains fanart and fic of it already.

fakeedit: Okay nevermind something's happening with Jade. Why does she have the green sun sparks when we just had it established that she doesn't have those powers in between the fourth walls.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Zorak posted:

He's seeing it through her. As we know, First Guardians can act as portals to the Green Sun. That's how Aradia got to the Green Sun/ managed not to get murdered by Jack. Presumably, she's going to cough up the asteroid as a doggy hairball.
So John can get there, but she can't? First Guardians can't teleport there, right?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Elysiume posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure either. We know that you can get over to that area through First Guardians as seen with Aradia and Bec Noir, so is she just going to act like a portal to pull the trolls+Rose/Dave onto the ship?

...Will ghost Sollux have to stay?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

It's been a year or so and John's been using Jade's powers as a television set to show him what's going on around town. You know, as a way of passing the time.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Elysiume posted:

So John can get there, but she can't? First Guardians can't teleport there, right?

Yes, Hussie made it clear that they're basically a doorway, what since they channel the Green Sun's power through their body. It may be possible that John could pull them "through" her or something.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
I just want to state my love of John's expression here. So full of silent awe.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I can just imagine him now.

"wow! so... which one's vriska??"

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
"The dead one."

"Oh..."

And nothing else happens because John doesn't react to these things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

If Jade makes John jump through so he can meet up with everyone while she stays stuck on the ship alone for years, I'll be really sad :smith:

But if that happens and the first thing John does when he pops out is get telestabbed by a just-arrived Jack Noir, AGAIN, I will laugh so loving hard.