Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

flashdim posted:

Can't remember if someone said they had an SA logo or not, so I made my own original-themed hoodie. I am by no means an artsy bastard, but man this game makes it kinda fun to do. It's like "The Sims" for homocidal maniacs.

That's awesome, can you upload your own images or did you make it from scratch? I love to be able to get that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashdim
Oct 19, 2005

Still losing criticals

NaDy posted:

That's awesome, can you upload your own images or did you make it from scratch? I love to be able to get that!

I made it out of primitives, yeah. I can send you the design, just give me an in-game name to send it to.

Edit: I'm on Joker by the way, that might limit your options (I see from a previous post you're on Patriot).

flashdim fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Dec 15, 2011

Murphys Stache
Oct 5, 2007

There goes my nipples again!
I have two SA logos. One grenade and one is a grenade with a shield. Send a mail message to Porp in-game and let me know what you want. You can also pick two colors, the shield is a gradient, and I will apply them to the shield symbol.

Also... join the Park Service. Together we can keep San Paro's city park(s) clean!

Murphys Stache fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 15, 2011

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Far less hackers since SWTOR started opening up, or is it just my little European server? Also far less russian names and russian chat going on, figure it could be a huge game in their communities, a few names I remembered as hacking filth from the OG APB were also in the Rift beta, Hacking of course so.

Had many wonderful hours. If things have cleaned up on the US servers as well because of SWTOR, now is the time to get into APB.

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:
Rest in peace Marge's sanity. :wink:

EDIT: Promotional codes from Steam are up again if you haven't redeemed yet.

An Unoriginal Name fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Dec 15, 2011

finna udders
Jan 28, 2005

mu
gently caress you, GhostDadRecon.

(Seriously, good times tonight. Even if we hosed it up at the end, the preceding two hours were well worth it. Fried gold.)

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Moogulus Caesar posted:

gently caress you, GhostDadRecon.

I didn't pull the trigger, man! I didn't drive that vehicle!

(That poo poo was awesome, and I have yet to find a thread on the forums about it, so I doubt one will appear)

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!

An Unoriginal Name posted:

Rest in peace Marge's sanity.

I will throttle GhostDadRecon with my bare hands if I ever meet him IRL.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
You don't need hackers to have a bad time in APB.

"Hold this big rear end oil drum" end objective.

Their drop is 200m away from it. Ours, is 350m away.

I die to an enemy player who makes not a single sound except for when he's firing his weapon.

I respawn 600m away from their drop.

Of course we lost.

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

I die to an enemy player who makes not a single sound except for when he's firing his weapon.

Of course we lost.

The lows are very frequent.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

MrLonghair posted:

Of course we lost.

Yeah the whole oil drum (botox) mission is dumb as hell.

I played in the open beta they had and this time around things seem much better. It's still very much a rough game, but I love the concept and customizing all your stuff is still really fun. Hopefully they will flesh it out with more content and things to do.

Bagleworm
Aug 15, 2007
I has your rocks
IIRC, you can win botox on kills. It's just easier to sit on the barrel and kill the opposition as they try to move it.

There was a month when it seemed like there were only three missions given in Waterfront... botox was one of them.

gently caress stopping chemical warfare, bombing of public places, murder and espionage... we gotta recover the botox!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

And where's the racing district at? Hopefully waiting until they make the Crim exclusive cars as slow as the Enforcer exclusives.

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

And where's the racing district at? Hopefully waiting until they make the Crim exclusive cars as slow as the Enforcer exclusives.

With the release of Fight Club and other small things the retail patch put out I'm 99% sure that G1/Reloaded Productions is calling it a year and we won't see much of anything else new until after Xmas. Excluding an Xmas event update, if they do one.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

There's always the outcome where the barrel drop is in one of the train cars in Waterfront requiring significant effort to get it there, as well. While you walk around trying to figure it out, the other guys roll in, kill you quick, take your stupid barrel and drive right up to their drop.

Half the game is luck based situations, if not more.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Racing district is at least another 10 months away.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

flashdim posted:

Can't remember if someone said they had an SA logo or not, so I made my own original-themed hoodie. I am by no means an artsy bastard, but man this game makes it kinda fun to do. It's like "The Sims" for homocidal maniacs.

I would love you forever if you sent me the SA logo. My ign is Elathia.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

less than three posted:

lol.

Microsoft Security Essentials is just trying to prevent you from hurting yourself any further :(

flashdim
Oct 19, 2005

Still losing criticals

Meis posted:

I would love you forever if you sent me the SA logo. My ign is Elathia.

Done! My IGN is Flasche if anyone wants to send requests there instead of the thread too.

vvv Oh my god that loving room

flashdim fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Dec 15, 2011

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

flashdim posted:

Done! My IGN is Flasche if anyone wants to send requests there instead of the thread too.

Just sent a mail to you and Porp as well.

In other news... (click for larger)

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
What am I looking at? Im not seeing anything regarding a change to Gaijin in the news.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
Isn't that a door on the 2nd floor?

Or it's just a photoshop.

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

Bumbleton said a dev posted it somewhere but I didn't bother looking for it :tinfoil:

It's supposedly the solution to Gaijin camping, an all new sparkly door on the second floor. I don't think that will fix much in my opinion, it just means now the extra 1-2 people covering the bottom floor will have a new job.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom

An Unoriginal Name posted:

Rest in peace Marge's sanity. :wink:

EDIT: Promotional codes from Steam are up again if you haven't redeemed yet.

What happened?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
A door isn't going to make a loving difference to Gaijin, dammit. How easy is it for anyone camping up top to turn the gently caress around and shoot the nearest moron who spends the time and effort bursting through the door in a completely obvious way? Make the majority of the top floor into shootable glass windows and there, you've got your improvement.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
The door wont help players that were worse than the camping team to begin with. It makes it much easier for a better team to carve a worse team out.

They should have just removed the 2nd floor.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
Yeah, just shitcan the mezzanine and it's worthless as a camping spot.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Definitely less hackers around after SWTOR started its early access but man, I still think it's a good idea to hunt them down and kill them for real. All the fun I have for hours gets loving erased. If SOPA will allow that to happen - then good, let it pass congress.

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

Definitely less hackers around after SWTOR started its early access but man, I still think it's a good idea to hunt them down and kill them for real. All the fun I have for hours gets loving erased. If SOPA will allow that to happen - then good, let it pass congress.

I'm not necessarily for SOPA but according to this article it "would allow the U.S. Department of Justice and copyright holders to seek court orders requiring online advertising networks, payment processors and other organizations to stop payments to websites and Web-based services accused of copyright infringement," including those outside of U.S jurisdiction. So if you didn't know already the only reason why American based companies can't do anything about cheat sites is because they do their hosting and whatnot over-seas. And I guess Europe/whoever else won't go out on a limb to help us out with it either.

Then again I'm no politician so I'm probably missing a detail or two there, but that's really a general look at it.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Why don't we leave the paranoid hacker talk for the official forums?

Instead, let's post screenshots of our characters!

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Gasoline posted:

Why don't we leave the paranoid hacker talk for the official forums?

Instead, let's post screenshots of our characters!

You too? :3: (Better than mine. >.<)

Clan leaders know how to dress!

less than three fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Dec 16, 2011

Urby
May 31, 2011

MADE IN MEXICO
The matchmaking still seemed broken as hell. Was pitted against 3 R150+ players all kitted out with 3 slot weapons, I called for backup but it never came... ( I was R22 at the time)

Also, am I a douche for using LTL in fight club? Apparently not a single game has gone by without me not being called some offensive term. Also can I just unlock all the LTL weapons via cop level in fight club, or do I need a high Rank level to use them as well?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

less than three posted:

You too? :3: (Better than mine. >.<)

Clan leaders know how to dress!

Dude, that's loving spot on. It's kind of scary.

Reposting my SR3 themed stuff because it's themeatically appropiate:

BaronSamhedi
Dec 17, 2010

by angerbeet
I'm running around Joker as StandingBear if anyone wants to look me up.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
Character poasting :bandwagon: :

(It even has the weeewooo siren :3: )

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

"I love how I can go for hours and hours before a hacker comes around and ruins my day" hacker talk is the best hacker talk. This is APB after all. And may that trend stay, because this is infinitely better than what there used to be. Even the Russians are calling out the hackers.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 16, 2011

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.
Remember when I told you that I'm gonna stick to that one look for a while, Gas? I lied.

BaronSamhedi
Dec 17, 2010

by angerbeet

Captain Swing posted:

Remember when I told you that I'm gonna stick to that one look for a while, Gas? I lied.

Jesus Lee, is that you?

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~

The Porp posted:

Also... join the Park Service. Together we can keep San Paro's city park(s) clean!

Can you hook me up with the Park Service gear? I am new to this game and have no idea how to give you the money for it though.

Also great work on your car/char Deutsch, it shows.

Can someone throw me an invite to Something Lawful? 'ReiSama' on Joker.

The REAL Gtab Fan fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Dec 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohum
Mar 17, 2010

umoms.
This game looks loving awesome. Can someone invite "hohum" to Something Lawful on joker?

hohum fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 16, 2011

• Locked thread