Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Zorak posted:

Yes, Hussie made it clear that they're basically a doorway, what since they channel the Green Sun's power through their body. It may be possible that John could pull them "through" her or something.

It's a little confusing to me that her "Doorway" power to the Green Sun is still active, considering the rest of her First Guardian powers were supposed to be inactive as a result of the 'between dimensions' thing.

ActionZero posted:

I genuinely hope that the intermission ends here and we go back to the post scratch stuff for another month or two. That in itself would probably be more torturous for the shippers than anything else happening.

Of course it would also mean that month or two would be full of more fanwork being produced about what is CLEARLY going to happen next that I'm not sure the internet will be tolerable, although the potential for shipper tears if (when) Hussie did something different when we got back to them would be extremely high. In fact I'm actually surprised that we haven't been ambushed by mountains fanart and fic of it already.

My favourite imaginable outcome is a three-year time-skip for the trolls and Rose and Dave as well, so that when we get back to them they all make passing reference and allusion to what they did in the three years we didn't see. Then Rose and Kanaya make one stiff, awkward reference to some adolescent experimentation that went on in those lost years and never reference it again, resulting in a massive outpouring of shipper frustration. But also because sometimes it is more fun when things are implied than actually going through the story motions of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pkmnfrk
Dec 24, 2010

Chester Hjorvarth
Victorious this day
3-7-2011
Here's something I haven't seen brought up yet.

When the alpha kids end up entering the game (assuming, for a moment, that their session goes anything remotely resembling normal) and they prototype their Kernel Sprites, will this have any effect on Jack Noir/PM/Jade?

Honestly, there's a lot about the prototyping rings we don't know. The prototyping "data" went to the towers on the castles on Prospit and Derse, but the towers that belong to the rings that Jack and PM are wearing were blown up, and then the session scratched, and then they both went to a completely separate universe. If the rings relied on the towers, it's a safe bet that they would have stopped working by now.

On the other hand, maybe they do rely on the towers, but in the new session? (Which isn't really a new session, it's the same session but with do-overs)

Eh, I'm probably overthinking this...

e: Regarding First Guardian powers, I think that it's not that they're cut off from the Green Sun, it's more that the power simply doesn't work in non-standard space-times (eg, in the Furthest Ring or in Hussie's living room). The portal is still there, but there's no use for the power.

pkmnfrk fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 16, 2011

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
It's still not okay with me that everyone is now okay with that mass-murdering clown just being there.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Roger Explosion posted:

It's still not okay with me that everyone is now okay with that mass-murdering clown just being there.

Trolls man, trolls.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Waffnuffly posted:

If Jade makes John jump through so he can meet up with everyone while she stays stuck on the ship alone for years, I'll be really sad :smith:

But if that happens and the first thing John does when he pops out is get telestabbed by a just-arrived Jack Noir, AGAIN, I will laugh so loving hard.

Well, I think the idea is for John to dive through the portal, grab the trolls and god tiered kids, then go back through the portal so they're all on the ship.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Bahahahahaha! John's eyes.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

King of Solomon posted:

Well, I think the idea is for John to dive through the portal, grab the trolls and god tiered kids, then go back through the portal so they're all on the ship.

This would be ideal, but so far, we have no evidence that you can even do that.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Waffnuffly posted:

This would be ideal, but so far, we have no evidence that you can even do that.

Well, we know it works one way, why not the other?

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

King of Solomon posted:

Maybe he can just sort of...reach in there and...

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

All John needs to do now is enter Jade

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It would make more sense if they're all on the ship for the three years.

A) With everyone together, there'd be less catching up to do later, plus everyone would be the same age (15 earth years) when they finally meet the B2 kids
B) If John pulls everybody out now, they could escape just before Jack arrives at the Green Sun
C) What the else else would the Green Sun group do? They don't know the location of the new session.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Between mastery of space, time, wind, and ??? I don't see how they can't make the 3 years pass in an instant if all the God Tiers are together.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

David Copperfield posted:

Between mastery of space, time, wind, and ??? I don't see how they can't make the 3 years pass in an instant if all the God Tiers are together.

Well, other than the fact that from Hussie has said, we know they will spend the three years.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

YggiDee posted:

Well, we know it works one way, why not the other?

It could work in reverse, but where would you enter? There's no visible return node that we can see, at least so far. But who knows what's gonna happen at this point!

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

David Copperfield posted:

Yeah, I really doubt the 3 year thing won't be shenaniganned away. Five Godtiers, a gaggle of high level trolls and a ringed pm and possibly a ringed vg?
It does crank the tension up quite a bit, but it'd be a good example of the kind of poo poo they would have to deal with with fighting LE.
Edit: gently caress this phone

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Dec 16, 2011

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Waffnuffly posted:

It could work in reverse, but where would you enter? There's no visible return node that we can see, at least so far. But who knows what's gonna happen at this point!
What if he just sort of reaches in there. His hand has to pop out somewhere. They all grab his hand and he pulls them through!

KoB
May 1, 2009

Waffnuffly posted:

Just sort of reach over...

And...

Senator Mongo
Jul 1, 2007
Bad Motha Fucka
When they get into the new session (and assuming the trolls enter another session as well), will there be more dream selves as part of the new session? If so, it could be how all the trolls reach god tier.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
How many people can claim their sister is also an interdimensional television?

...Just John.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Bobulus posted:

Well, other than the fact that from Hussie has said, we know they will spend the three years.

Not quite. He said that he was intent on consolidating the ages of all the kids by the time they breach the other fourth wall, and further stated that the kids are about to experience a time blowback of sorts, as a kind of retribution for the incredibly long day they just had (the entirety of Act 5 Part 2 took place in a single day from the kids' perspective, and a matter of hours from the trolls'). I figure that this means that the group is going to AGE 3 years, but to them it's not going to feel anywhere near that long. Well, I mean, they'll feel the brunt of suddenly aging 3 years, but it won't feel like 3 years have gone by.

Rykert
Mar 13, 2010

pandaK posted:

All John needs to do now is enter Jade

Haha yeah he does, am I right

ugh

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Captain Oblivious posted:

How many people can claim their sister is also an interdimensional television?

...Just John.

Nobody. Because they're all dead. Except for Rose but she's not a television.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
So only half of the remaining humans with sisters can claim that.

That's pretty good, I think

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
So that was a wee bit awkward. I love the Dialoglog bubbles though. :3:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Oh great. Now it's going to cut away and start Act 6 Act 2.

(just a little more dialog please)

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Sure John can ask them, but how will they answer? They don't have sweet camper badges.

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009
I feel like every time I read a homestuck update, I close the window and then go " . . . wait, what?!"

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Mazerunner posted:

Sure John can ask them, but how will they answer? They don't have sweet camper badges.

It won't be a dialoglog, it'll be a Jadelog. So the Gift of Gab isn't required, obviously!

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Someone needs to avatar the gently caress out of the Gift of Gab chat bubbles, there.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Motherfuckin' miracles :unsmith:

I have a prediction: All the new session kids have died in some way (real or dream self), and each act will end showing the centric character of that act died, with a hint somewhere how the kid centric to next act died. Sort of a grim reversal of the daisy chaining to get into the game.

EDIT: There was an extra thing here. It is gone now.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Dec 16, 2011

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Unlucky7 posted:

I have a prediction: All the new session kids have died in some way (real or dream self), and each act will end showing the centric character of that act died, with a hint somewhere how the kid centric to next act died. Sort of a grim reversal of the daisy chaining to get into the game.

Jane didn't actually die, you know.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

MrBims posted:

I must have missed something then.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Unlucky7 posted:

I must have missed something then.

There was the explosion at the mailbox, then it cut away. It's entirely possible- even likely- that the explosion was a smokebomb or something nonlethal. We don't know yet because there hasn't been confirmation.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MrBims posted:

Well, we can't be certain either way yet.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
You're not dead until you're labeled DEAD.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Dolash posted:

My favourite imaginable outcome is a three-year time-skip for the trolls and Rose and Dave as well, so that when we get back to them they all make passing reference and allusion to what they did in the three years we didn't see. Then Rose and Kanaya make one stiff, awkward reference to some adolescent experimentation that went on in those lost years and never reference it again, resulting in a massive outpouring of shipper frustration. But also because sometimes it is more fun when things are implied than actually going through the story motions of them.

They are 13 years old you sick gently caress.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

King of Solomon posted:

There was the explosion at the mailbox, then it cut away. It's entirely possible- even likely- that the explosion was a smokebomb or something nonlethal. We don't know yet because there hasn't been confirmation.

Okay I can get "possible" but "likely"?

We're talking about the troll empress here, what part of "assassination attempts" and "troll empress" makes nonlethality seem likely? :psyduck:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Also that explosion was pretty fiery, not the sort you'd get from smoke pellets.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Maybe I should clarify - not only did she not die, she didn't even explode. She picked up both grey and red smoke pellets, remember? That was her using them as a distraction, like John waaay back in Act 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

MrBims posted:

Maybe I should clarify - not only did she not die, she didn't even explode. She picked up both grey and red smoke pellets, remember? That was her using them as a distraction, like John waaay back in Act 1.

That looks like A) Way more smoke than a bunch of pellets can output and B) It looks like a raging inferno post-bomb.

What is this I don't even