Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I have a feeling he knows that Sirius is dead in the water so getting himself out in the reality TV world is a wise choice. He can spend the rest of his life getting paid to be on lovely TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

That Howard is a "shock jock?" To be honest, I don't even know what that means anymore. They always preface his name with it.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

That Howard is a "shock jock?" To be honest, I don't even know what that means anymore. They always preface his name with it.

Well if the guy still has guests on that were popular in 1991, we might as well use 1991 terminology to describe him.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Does this mean that the show staffers can now poo poo all over Howard for doing something that distracts him from making the best radio possible, in the same way he dumps on Richard for doing anything outside the Stern universe?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Bonzo posted:

I have a feeling he knows that Sirius is dead in the water so getting himself out in the reality TV world is a wise choice. He can spend the rest of his life getting paid to be on lovely TV.

Yes...I mean, this is pretty crazy for him to have done in terms of how it will take away from the already suffering radio show.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Does this mean that the show staffers can now poo poo all over Howard for doing something that distracts him from making the best radio possible, in the same way he dumps on Richard for doing anything outside the Stern universe?

Indeed. I don't know about the rest of you but I go out of my way not to contradict myself - it's like Howard does the opposite. He was JUST making that point about this to Richard a couple weeks ago - then the Photoshops happened and now this.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Dec 15, 2011

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Kelly posted:

Yes...I mean, this is pretty crazy for him to have done in terms of how it will take away from the already suffering radio show.

I get the feeling that he is projecting any shortcomings of the show on management. All the griping about two companies, his lawsuit, etc. This is just yet another "gently caress you" to management. He'll abide by his contract that he signed, but at the absolute bare minimum level that is necessary to do so. He's probably hoping they'll just try to buy him out at some point.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Sand Monster posted:

I get the feeling that he is projecting any shortcomings of the show on management. All the griping about two companies, his lawsuit, etc. This is just yet another "gently caress you" to management. He'll abide by his contract that he signed, but at the absolute bare minimum level that is necessary to do so. He's probably hoping they'll just try to buy him out at some point.

This seems to be a pretty good theory.

I kind of feel for anyone who won't be watching AGT because he will be talking about it nonstop once they are filming and it is airing.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Sand Monster posted:

Given how many people they're losing over Stern, I wouldn't be surprised if Sirius finds a way to countersue for breach of contract just to be dicks. That said, would Howard Stern really fit in well to a TV show? His reputation follows him, and I see it hard for 'shock jock Howard Stern' to really become family-friendly. The two things simply don't translate.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.

Nope, the WSJ is lying

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Nope, the WSJ is lying

That is Speakeasy, the wallstreet journal's blog, I wouldn't trust it either.

Can't wait to see what Howard thinks a suit is. I hope it's a dust jacket and fedora that plays Rob Zombie music.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

AxeManiac posted:

That is Speakeasy, the wallstreet journal's blog, I wouldn't trust it either.

Can't wait to see what Howard thinks a suit is. I hope it's a dust jacket and fedora that plays Rob Zombie music.

I had a laugh when he said that. He dresses so poorly that I was curious what "suit" he would be wearing. I was imagining his suit jacket and a hoodie peeking out from behind it.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP
I guess a lot of people are making GBS threads on Howard for doing America's Got Talent? I've never seen the show but I'll watch it now for Howard, he could end up being really great on it. I know the accepted opinion is that he sucks now but I still find him funny at times...

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

I'm so confused. Is Howard live today (Friday)? Or did I miss this in the show yesterday?

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
What the gently caress Robin ruined the AGT announcement so bad. Jesus.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

Smeep posted:

I'm so confused. Is Howard live today (Friday)? Or did I miss this in the show yesterday?

Today is Thursday.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Smeep posted:

I think your confusion comes from thinking today is Friday.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Squashy Nipples posted:

I think it's hilarious that you believed it.

Johnny Fratto had nothing to do with this; Mutt said about 45 minutes into the show on Wednesday that he had gotten a legitimate offer for $1 million for the site right after Howard moved to Sirius. The only thing Fratto might have had to do with this topic was that he was on the phone at the same time as Mutt yesterday.

Mutt said he declined the offer because at the time he claims to have had another legitimate offer to do "something else with the site" which he would not elaborate on, and he mentioned Tim briefly at the end of the comment like it might have been officially sanctioned.

e: And after further review:
http://www.examiner.com/howard-stern-in-national/mutt-i-turned-down-multiple-million-dollar-offers-to-sell-sternfannetwork

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 15, 2011

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Haha, yeah it's been a long week for me, clearly.

edit: I can't believe I have to watch this awful show now. Isn't it just ventriloquists and jugglers and poo poo?

Smeep fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 15, 2011

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Smeep posted:

edit: I can't believe I have to watch this awful show now. Isn't it just ventriloquists and jugglers and poo poo?

Yeah, but Nick Cannon should be good to laugh at, as he's one step above Deion Sanders hosting the Miss U.S.A. contest or whatever it was.

"America have voted!" is the new "Missouri ask!"

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Smeep posted:

What, you don't have a personal what day is it man?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Ether Frenzy posted:

Johnny Fratto had nothing to do with this; Mutt said about 45 minutes into the show on Wednesday that he had gotten a legitimate offer for $1 million for the site right after Howard moved to Sirius. The only thing Fratto might have had to do with this topic was that he was on the phone at the same time as Mutt yesterday.

Mutt said he declined the offer because at the time he claims to have had another legitimate offer to do "something else with the site" which he would not elaborate on, and he mentioned Tim briefly at the end of the comment like it might have been officially sanctioned.

http://www.examiner.com/howard-stern-in-national/mutt-i-turned-down-multiple-million-dollar-offers-to-sell-sternfannetwork

I like how Mutt went from somebody wanted to give me a million dollars to "Hey, can somebody make a logo for us for free that doesn't suck".

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

Kelly posted:

It won't take away anything, his increased cultural relevancy will invigorate himself and the show.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

So was he trying to say that Superfan Roundtable was the non-website offer?

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Kelly posted:

So was he trying to say that Superfan Roundtable was the non-website offer?

that was my thought but then what would Tim be getting out of it I wonder?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

chiz posted:

that was my thought but then what would Tim be getting out of it I wonder?

Cheap programming.

Now pay me my $200....you cheap jew motherfucker.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Didn't Mutt get mad that Celebrity Superfan Roundtable started up without his involvement even though it's "his" show?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Didn't Mutt get mad that Celebrity Superfan Roundtable started up without his involvement even though it's "his" show?

I thought that was fat Jason Kaplan?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

-Atom- posted:

That's possible.
It does seem odd Gary flies out to LA to produce the show when he doesn't touch the rest of the 101 stuff.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Kelly posted:

I kind of feel for anyone who won't be watching AGT because he will be talking about it nonstop once they are filming and it is airing.
I know. :( We got nonstop updates on American Idol and DWTS...I can only imagine what it'll be like once AGT ramps up.

Also, it's pretty obvious that AGT wants him in a Simon Cowell-esque role for the show.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I don't think Howard has the balls to be very confrontational and brutally honest outside the bubble of his radio show anymore. If Howard really trashes a contestant on TV right after Howie Mandel and Sharon Osbourne give them praise I will be surprised. He'll still be critical but it will be relatively polite.

It's definitely a smart move for both Howard and NBC. Howard was rapidly losing relevance and there is a whole new group of fans willing to tune in to that lame talent show now.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
I hope Howard succeeds at the show and he doesn't get booted after the first season.

The thing I hate about this deal is Howard has to be nice to Nick Cannon now :sigh:

Mike Tahoe
May 21, 2007

He knows what it means.

-Atom- posted:

Mutt and Kaplan have both mentioned it. Kaplan actually complained. Mutt said that he considers the Celebrity Roundtable a totally different show than his own and understood why he's not hosting; however, he's also mentioned that when Tim first told him about Celebrity Roundtable, it was phrased something like "Great news, Mutt! We're doing a celebrity version of the show! Wooo! *high five*" and Mutt kind of assumed he was hosting it just because of how Tim gave him the news.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Glumwheels posted:

I hope Howard succeeds at the show and he doesn't get booted after the first season.

The thing I hate about this deal is Howard has to be nice to Nick Cannon now :sigh:

I hope it fails, and Howard has to deal with it. That would be interesting.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

Mike Tahoe posted:

Mutt and Kaplan have both mentioned it. Kaplan actually complained. Mutt said that he considers the Celebrity Roundtable a totally different show than his own and understood why he's not hosting; however, he's also mentioned that when Tim first told him about Celebrity Roundtable, it was phrased something like "Great news, Mutt! We're doing a celebrity version of the show! Wooo! *high five*" and Mutt kind of assumed he was hosting it just because of how Tim gave him the news.

Thank goodness he doesn't host it, Mutt is awful on the radio. Like really painfully bad

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

This is wonderful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvTZyQfOXyQ

Howard is just farting all over everything.

Ironf
Jul 29, 2004
Visit Homegame Industries www.homegame.org
Judge slid in another Stern show ref on last nights first episode. The guys were at a car lot and the salesman was talking about them buying. He said what sounds good, Butthead says zero sounds pretty good, then Beavis pipes in "Zero point zero."

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Former Human posted:

I don't think Howard has the balls to be very confrontational and brutally honest outside the bubble of his radio show anymore.
I think the "Howard Stern" personality does, and that's who AGT will be getting. He's said numerous times that "a judge needs to JUDGE", so I'm sure he'll be (brutally) honest. Tame, meek Howard Stern sitting there being polite doesn't do poo poo for AGT. I maintain that AGT tapped him because of how popular Simon Cowell was on American Idol all those year.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
I never watched AGT but I am going to now due to Stern. I just hope his radio show doesn't become all about AGT because that would really suck.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Sasquatch! posted:

I think the "Howard Stern" personality does, and that's who AGT will be getting. He's said numerous times that "a judge needs to JUDGE", so I'm sure he'll be (brutally) honest. Tame, meek Howard Stern sitting there being polite doesn't do poo poo for AGT. I maintain that AGT tapped him because of how popular Simon Cowell was on American Idol all those year.

He is going to judge it like he does watching the show with Beth, so that means if he needs to fart, he will need a closet to run into and hold his butt cheeks apart and if a fat girl (anything over 100 pounds) is on he will fast foward it and remind everyone he has banged a lot of women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
I've started listening to the show again after a while of being bored of it and I think it's improved, the whole Benjy thing cracks me up, that song makes me laugh so much.