Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rekkit
Nov 5, 2006

Because it was the weekend of course! No really I want to read about how boring Barcelona is and how much of a pussy Neymar is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Rekkit posted:

Because it was the weekend of course! No really I want to read about how boring Barcelona is and how much of a pussy Neymar is.

What the gently caress are you talking about

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Careful Rekkit, Jakiri is pretty good at rowing.

Thurlow
Aug 14, 2005
real madrid are the best. you suck barca and messi and evry body sucks but puyol you are okey you shut go from barca to KR IN ICELAND i live in ICELAND and KR ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE HOLE WORLD .but evry else can go somthing something your self REAL MADRID ARE THE BEST AND YOU SUCK RONALDO IS THE BEST AND EVRY BODY ELSE ARE THE BEST evry body higuin, bensema, ronaldo, di maría, pepe so sombody is namde.REAL MADRID ARE THE BEST you puyol are the best

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

irlZaphod posted:

Probably not, nobody cares about the Club World Cup.

Also why did you post this in here? :confused:

Mancchester United and Apple mac.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Here's another nugget from the RAWK mine. Admittedly, I'm not sure if this is just a really well-executed troll. If it is, it's still pretty funny because a lot of people slating Lucas on RAWK have stated pretty similar opinions.

quote:

Kenny appears to be very much in the pocket of Steve Clarke, I haven't seen anything from Liverpool since his return that has echoed ANYTHING that comes to close to Dalglish teams of old, whether it was the fantastic Liverpool side of the late 80's or the Blackburn side that won the league - now obviously its been a long time, but tactical ideology doesn't change so fundamentally, Redknapp's hasnt in that time, neither has Fergusons. The point that I'm trying to make is that I don't think Dalglish gets much of a look in when compared to the "tactical genius" of Steve Clarke. The same Steve Clarke who is a Chelsea man, the same Steve Clarke who gets the credit for Chelsea's defensive solidarity in the early-Abramovich years, the same Steve Clarke who had a team that housed Claude "I don't move out of the centre-circle but everyone kisses my arse anyway" Makelele. Lucas is Clarke's new Makelele, a pointless player in a pointless position.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 13, 2011

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

And more Liverpool goodness.

quote:

Fernando's always been quite shy when it comes to expressing his feelings but this picture could've caught him looking down adjusting his boots the moment the goal was scored. As a Latin Andre Villas-Boas on the other hand's never had problems in that direction, yet look at how restrained and mechanical his 'celebration' is - must be something in that! I'd have Fernando back like a shot, especially at that price - good business, surely, John Henry? - nor would I sell Carroll who'll prove to be an all-time England great. I'd also like to point out his move to Chelsea was a hysterical reaction to the thought of three more years of Americans - this lot, though, seem to have the luck Hicks and Gillet never seemed to get after the Miracle of Istanbul.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

quote:

I dont get the bit about the stones and the house. Yeah, Barcelona have got a few decent players in their line-up but they also have weaknesses that daft teams dont, or cant, exploit. An awful defence being the most obvious one. You just need to relax when you play them but at the same time be like super amazingly tuned in on like a slightly different frequency. Cause that's what they are. It's like boxing. If you dont fall for all the bullshit head feints, fakes, set up jabs. If you just stay focussed on the old scholl ethics of the game - deny space, deny time, move as a unit, and hit em hard when you can by taking your chances. They're easily beatable by the right team.

Man Utd and Real Madrid and Chelsea and Man City are not the right teams. These clubs have no soul. They packaged it and corportorised it. So, when the chips are dwon, when the bullets are whizzing by, when it seems hopeless, when you're playing Barcelona in Europe you need three things that none of those teams have. Heart, pride, and honour. That's what Liverpool is all about.

liverpool have the worst fans

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
corportorised

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

On an article about the delusional prospect of Torres returning to Liverpool;

quote:

Here is my take on this situation. I'm going to leave out the emotional arguments as much as possible for several reasons, but most notably because I've only been a passionate football and LFC fan for the last 2-3 years. Unlike most of you, I actually have never seen the prolific version of Fernando Torres in action. The only Torres I've known is the one who was injured and out of form....

And so on and so forth.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Hallowed Turban posted:

On an article about the delusional prospect of Torres returning to Liverpool;

And so on and so forth.

Haha that's absolutely retarded considering 0809 owned for Torres

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I've only been a passionate football and LFC fan for 2-3 years (YNWA) but

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
"Hi, I'm a huge plastic but I don't get all the fuss about this Stevie Gerrard guy. Why don't we just sell him and buy Best Player In The World Wayne Rooney to replace him?"

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
He's even from Liverpool originally, what's he doing playing for Manchester!!

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

quote:

but can you say for sure there was racist intent. i may be wrong but my perception of someone using the n words with intent is insinuating ' your of lesser importance'. i've watched documentaries from america where the police say 'the victim was a negro boy from the hood'. when i hear that it does shock me a little. i'm uneasy with it. but on reflection, i don't think it has racist intent. just a poor choice of words. like i say all things considered, especially his culture, i'm not convinced of his guilt and maybe suarez is the victim not evra.

i should probably stop arguing with this guy on facebook

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

i should probably stop arguing with this guy on facebook

because if there's one group you can trust not to be institutionally racist, its the police.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

quote:

Having been in the New World of late rather than Newcastle, it had been quite some time since I watched the Magpies but last week a friend told me they were on tv in the local bar. The way it works on the other side of the pond is that the football is on a couple of tv sets and recorded ice hockey games are shown on others sets, with the football sound turned off. Anyhow, I did figure out that they were playing away to Norwich. My friend and I left after the score had reached 4-1 for the home side.

Today, now that I know where to eat brunch and watch soundless matches at the weekend, I sat and munched on toast and watched the Magpies playing Swansea. Not very exciting but I guess they are getting better having managed to force a 0-0 draw versus the Mighty Swans.

Both last week and this it seems that there are many of the former better players missing from the NUFC ranks

As they are now playing teams like Norwich and Swansea, and don’t have any star players any more, my assumption is that the Magpies got relegated again last summer.

Wonder if they will be on again next week, because if it is versus Doncaster or similar the Magpies could stand a chance of winning.

Can't tell if this is a joke but pretty shocking if its not

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

It is certainly a joke

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/discussion/comment-permalink/13800649

quote:

I’m numb after this win.

Yay we got it, but I’m still reeling from the Fulham loss.

We really needed to have won that game for this one to have really meant anything.

This guy must be a blast at parties.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
You missed:

quote:

We should have put 5 or 6 past this Villa team today (sounds like they were rotten).

My opinion is that we should have scored 6 goals in this game I did not watch.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
right gently caress the fa. we need now to make complaints against every player we hear, think we hear, or see on tv or other media even look like they could be saying anything derogatory in any way. terry must get double that ban as well.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
gently caress the FA, gently caress Evra the little c*nt, I hope he dies.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
i want the ref at the game kicked out of football. he must be racist. if evra spoke about this abuse , he did nothing in the game.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Pull the loving team out of the FA Cup.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Time to pull all of our players out of the England set-up.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Part of me hopes Rooney and Johnno get in a dustup next time we play the Mancs, and Johnno goes to the FA. That should be enough evidence right there

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
laughable. not corrupt or anything, just craven and cowardly from the fa. still, what mr alex wants, he gets.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
Welp, Luis will be gone before long then. No way he'll be able to stay here with all of the pressure and ridiculous media scrutiny. I wouldn't want to if I were in his shoes.

Fergy says Luis is a cheat, refs go out of their way to taunt him and scold his play. Utd player says Luis is a racist, banned for two months.

The status is quo. Political garbage.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
Should be just the right amount of games to include the Mancs @ The Toilet. Coincidence?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Paperhouse posted:

Part of me hopes Rooney and Johnno get in a dustup next time we play the Mancs, and Johnno goes to the FA. That should be enough evidence right there

Who the gently caress is Johnno...Glen Johnson?

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
We should deliberately draw with Oldham to get the ban to include that.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Ninpo posted:

Who the gently caress is Johnno...Glen Johnson?
must be yeah

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/liverpool-fc-statement-20-12-11 posted:

Liverpool Football Club is very surprised and disappointed with the decision of the Football Association Commission to find Luis Suarez guilty of the charges against him.

We look forward to the publication of the Commission's Judgment. We will study the detailed reasons of the Commission once they become available, but reserve our right to appeal or take any other course of action we feel appropriate with regards to this situation.

We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone when no-one else on the field of play - including Evra's own Manchester United teammates and all the match officials - heard the alleged conversation between the two players in a crowded Kop goalmouth while a corner kick was about to be taken.

The Club takes extremely seriously the fight against all forms of discrimination and has a long and successful track record in work relating to anti-racist activity and social inclusion. We remain committed to this ideal and equality for all, irrespective of a person's background.

LFC considers racism in any form to be unacceptable - without compromise. It is our strong held belief, having gone over the facts of the case, that Luis Suarez did not commit any racist act. It is also our opinion that the accusation by this particular player was not credible - certainly no more credible than his prior unfounded accusations.

It is key to note that Patrice Evra himself in his written statement in this case said 'I don't think that Luis Suarez is racist'. The FA in their opening remarks accepted that Luis Suarez was not racist.

Luis himself is of a mixed race family background as his grandfather was black. He has been personally involved since the 2010 World Cup in a charitable project which uses sport to encourage solidarity amongst people of different backgrounds with the central theme that the colour of a person's skin does not matter; they can all play together as a team.

He has played with black players and mixed with their families whilst with the Uruguay national side and was Captain at Ajax Amsterdam of a team with a proud multi-cultural profile, many of whom became good friends.

It seems incredible to us that a player of mixed heritage should be accused and found guilty in the way he has based on the evidence presented. We do not recognise the way in which Luis Suarez has been characterised.

It appears to us that the FA were determined to bring charges against Luis Suarez, even before interviewing him at the beginning of November. Nothing we have heard in the course of the hearing has changed our view that Luis Suarez is innocent of the charges brought against him and we will provide Luis with whatever support he now needs to clear his name.

We would also like to know when the FA intend to charge Patrice Evra with making abusive remarks to an opponent after he admitted himself in his evidence to insulting Luis Suarez in Spanish in the most objectionable of terms. Luis, to his credit, actually told the FA he had not heard the insult.

quote:

Outstanding statement. Never actually seen an 'official' statement quite like it. This is war

quote:

Wonderful statement, full of intent and belief

The Mancs will be shaking their head in disbelief at it but if the club have all the facts in front of them and can still come out like this I have no problem is supporting Suarez to the bitter end in this.

quote:

I'm so bloody proud of the club for that statement. We're definitely in the right hands.

quote:

The wife just said we should buy a page in tomorrows paper and put this in. I quite like that idea!!

quote:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FMD WHAT A loving JOKE.

There was a smell of conspiracy from the get go. They know the REDS are coming and they are trying to halt our charge to the top 4. gently caress THEM. They smell unilty at LFC and know we are on our way to domination once more and Mr Alex Ferguson is trying to stop it. HOW THE gently caress can one manager have so much influence on a game as LARGE on the world scale as the PL.

I am confused, baffled, angry, pissed and loving LIVID.

Suarez, YNWA my friend. LFC are right behind you in this tough time. Its what we do best.

We will win this battle. Time for the Reds to stand tall and FIRE THE gently caress UP.

quote:

mother fucker.

i like the bit were we ask when the fa is gonna charge the c*nt for what he said to luis.

that mother fucker with the red nose must be laughing his cheating face off right now.

I hope that the club will start splashing similar official statements on other similar incidents even if in other grounds.

The club says that they wanted to bring charges even before interviewing him, so that is a direct accusation that the board was biased.

Mother fuckin fuckers. I'm fuckin angry right now

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
just saw this on my facebook

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
FishmanMart Martyn Oakley
To our press officer: I have never ever ever been so proud to be a Liverpool fan than I am reading your statement @LFC

fointypinger Lewis Cave
LFC's excellent statement on the #smearsuarez case bit.ly/ttQjqZ. You'll Never Walk Alone @luis16suarez, we're all behind you.

Faz_LFC Faz
Very Very Strong statement from #LFC. If I was writing anything to support Suarez I would have put it exactly like this #SUAREZHASMYBACKING

KoshaV Kosha
The statement says it all #YNWA #suarezhasmybacking

:cawg:

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

SteadfastMeat posted:

just saw this on my facebook

Troll him and keep us updated ta

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Paperhouse posted:

I like this one because it effectively singles out Johnson because he is black.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

quote:

Ive just sent two very abusive blunt messages to fa.com and apparantly thousands of lfc fans r doing the same. I will prob get my england membership canceled but i dont care the fa can go gently caress themself and carry on kissing fergies arse. When we play manu i hope stevie g breaks both if evras legs!. Yep thats true time for carroll to shine but i think we should go with adam hendo downing gerrard bellamy kuyt :-) xx

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
@JoeyTmufc @briandurand56 What did he do? If he was a racist would he admit it??? Evra now has carte blanche to accuse everyone!

@NeilSinclair67 Spot on!! Evra can now pick off top players of other trophy contenders - thought the aim was to stop rivals on the pitch!

What a top statement from Liverpool Football Club in reply to the punishment handed out..

I am sure the #lfc family will show the watching world tomorrow the meaning of the words support, unity, dignity and integrity.

gagsy75 scott jones
all this poo poo with the fa has been brewing all season, it has now just cum 2 the boil

gagsy75 scott jones
@StanCollymore the fa been at us all season stan, hope it brings the players together us against them atitude

Ally_the_legend Alastair Jones
Looks like #lfc knew this was coming judging by our statement but we wont be made out to be fools and won't take it lying down #YNWA

kLFCreds KL
I got chills reading the @LFC Statement..This is exactly why I love this Football Club. It truly is a FAMILY. #YNWA

JoeForro Joe Forrest
Im all about the positives.. The only one I can take from the Suarez situation is the chance for Carroll to step up and prove himself. #YNWA

SamieyWylie Samiey Wylie
Why should the FA ban @luis16suarez to deter potential racists? Isn't that like sacrificing an innocent person? #suarezhasmybacking #YNWA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

stan collymore protected his twitter :psyduck: