Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

pkmnfrk posted:

You guys are aware that home addresses are not private information, right? I mean, sure it's creepy to extract GPS data from pictures, but it's not like this is the only place you could get this information. For example, try looking up a phone number in a phone book -- it'll probably have an address listed right next to it.

Sure, there's probably more than one A. HUSSIE in his city (well, maybe not with that name. But let's pretend there is). But, if you're crazy and local enough to stalk him, then you're probably crazy and local enough to check each listing personally until you find the right one.

Generally people with some degree of notoriety have themselves removed from the listings of telephone directories. AH is a smart man and is undoubtedly one of them. Revealing someone's personal information under those circumstances is uncool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Android Blues posted:

I am reading this now and, to be honest, it's super adorable and has some very funny writing in places. I like it!

Karkat posted:

IT WASN’T ABOUT MY BUTT, JOHN. IT WAS NEVER ABOUT MY BUTT.

IT WAS ABOUT MY GODDAMN HEART.

Slashfic shouldn't be like this. Why can't I not like this?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

pkmnfrk posted:

You guys are aware that home addresses are not private information, right? I mean, sure it's creepy to extract GPS data from pictures, but it's not like this is the only place you could get this information. For example, try looking up a phone number in a phone book -- it'll probably have an address listed right next to it.

Sure, there's probably more than one A. HUSSIE in his city (well, maybe not with that name. But let's pretend there is). But, if you're crazy and local enough to stalk him, then you're probably crazy and local enough to check each listing personally until you find the right one.

Just because it's easy to find it out doesn't make it not creepy as gently caress, you know. People have a right to a certain amount of privacy, and that includes internet nerds tracking them down and visiting their house and telling about ALL THEIR SHIPS.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

pkmnfrk
Dec 24, 2010

Chester Hjorvarth
Victorious this day
3-7-2011

Slime posted:

Just because it's easy to find it out doesn't make it not creepy as gently caress, you know. People have a right to a certain amount of privacy, and that includes internet nerds tracking them down and visiting their house and telling about ALL THEIR SHIPS.

I'm aware of that, which is why I mentioned that. I'm just saying that nothing has actually changed due to this revelation. (indeed, this applies to most everything in the MSPA fandom...)

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
Well
At least now Hussie will remember to remove the metadata

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

If only all fanart had the spirit that this fanart has.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Are they moving because they had to, or is it all really due to the meta data?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Fat_Cow posted:

Are they moving because they had to, or is it all really due to the meta data?

The metadata thing happened, like, yesterday, right? I doubt they'd make the decision to move so soon afterwards. It's just a coincidence.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Pakled posted:

The metadata thing happened, like, yesterday, right? I doubt they'd make the decision to move so soon afterwards. It's just a coincidence.

Maybe they keep everything they own in suitcases so they can just bug out when need be. "OH gently caress THE INTERNET FOUND US AGAIN GET EVERYTHING IN THE CAR GO GO GO THE SHIPPERS ARE ALREADY ON THEIR WAY".

Sepherothic
Feb 8, 2003

This is a total non-sequiter but after reading the authors commentary in the homestuck book, I finally realized that ~ATH is pronounced tildeath.

Mind Blown.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Maybe they keep everything they own in suitcases so they can just bug out when need be. "OH gently caress THE INTERNET FOUND US AGAIN GET EVERYTHING IN THE CAR GO GO GO THE SHIPPERS ARE ALREADY ON THEIR WAY".

I think he mentioned on his old formspring that when he moves, he usually doesn't even unpack much, and just leaves it in boxes. Not for this reason, apparently he just doesn't care that much.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

A rolled up sleeping bag, a box for his PC and tablet, bam he is living the nomadic life of the webcomic artist. They roam the countryside, camping out in tents fashioned from American Apparel t-shirts imprinted with their characters and catchphrases, eating off the land and looking for unguarded electrical outlets and unprotected wifi networks so they can create and upload their work.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Mr. Pumroy posted:

A rolled up sleeping bag, a box for his PC and tablet, bam he is living the nomadic life of the webcomic artist. They roam the countryside, camping out in tents fashioned from American Apparel t-shirts imprinted with their characters and catchphrases, eating off the land and looking for unguarded electrical outlets and unprotected wifi networks so they can create and upload their work.

> AH: Become an exile.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
So it looks like he can't drag them through. There for the long haul! :toot:

Also,

JOHN: so, the dog ears...
JOHN: is that a permanent thing now, or what?
JADE: i think so
JOHN: i like them.
JADE: i do too!
JOHN: you are like a furry now, but not really the weird kind that people on the internet like to have sex with in their imagination.
JADE: D:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Elysiume posted:

So it looks like he can't drag them through. There for the long haul! :toot:

Also,

JOHN: so, the dog ears...
JOHN: is that a permanent thing now, or what?
JADE: i think so
JOHN: i like them.
JADE: i do too!
JOHN: you are like a furry now, but not really the weird kind that people on the internet like to have sex with in their imagination.
JADE: D:

I love John so much. That last line of his is just magical. :allears:

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
I like to believe the kids are so socially crippled by chat clients that they are speaking their emoticons aloud.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Welp. Pack it up, goldmine the intermission, vote 5 go hog wild. Its over boys. Time to go see what Strider is doing.

Christ, how long was he waiting for just the right moment to pull that?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Welp. Guess they won't get to pose as a team just yet. Oh well.

Sepherothic posted:

This is a total non-sequiter but after reading the authors commentary in the homestuck book, I finally realized that ~ATH is pronounced tildeath.

Mind Blown.

You probably already got this one, but ^cake, his other programming language, would be pronounced "carrot cake".

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Okay, it's been a while since I laughed this hard at a Homestuck update. John and Jade are so sweet and I'm sad that once this intermission is over it'll be a while (probably another month or so) until we see them again.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
If John isn't a total derp he'll think to at least send something with a message on it to the green sun. Maybe a note or a bunny or a consort or something.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

John owns :unsmith: Looks like they're going to be busy exploring their planets!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

I like to believe the kids are so socially crippled by chat clients that they are speaking their emoticons aloud.

In fairness, that's about the only reasonable response to John's comment.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Waffnuffly posted:

John owns :unsmith: Looks like they're going to be busy exploring their planets!

And maybe they'll meet the geedee DENIZENS already.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

If we do indeed have multiple intermissions between now and when the kids and trolls show up in the new session, I hope they span the three years and give us some peeks into the group dynamics.

I imagine suddenly having a brother or sister after being a single child for your whole childhood would get kinda disruptive. Sure, they're friends now, but wait a year or so and they'll be squabbling over the tv remote planet captchacards like, well, siblings.

edit: Huh. If the trolls age a couple years, that would put them at the same age as the young version of the Handmaiden. I wonder if there's any significance to that. Probably not.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

If John isn't a total derp he'll think to at least send something with a message on it to the green sun. Maybe a note or a bunny or a consort or something.
Exactly what I was thinking. Whip out a video camera, record a message and ALLY-YOOP it through Portaljade.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Or hey, maybe he can use the windy thing to just yell something at them. A message, carried upon the breeze., spoken by a god.

Or maybe that would just do some skyrim dragon shout poo poo and kill everyone, who knows.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Okay so promstuck is actually pretty funny now that I've gotten far enough in for it to be readily apparent that it is actually self aware and relentlessly making fun of itself. Feferi just maced Doc Scratch. This is stupid.

Edit: Hahaha this update

D:

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 17, 2011

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Bobulus posted:

If we do indeed have multiple intermissions between now and when the kids and trolls show up in the new session, I hope they span the three years and give us some peeks into the group dynamics.

This seems likely to me. When the intermission started it seemed more like each intermission would be one point of resolving EOA5, but he's done that pretty neatly so far. The other intermissions are probably going to be Jade and John exploring the planets and doing their personal quests, while the meteor team navigates their way through dreambubbles to find the new session.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

So it sounds like they suggested some carapace people survived. Maybe some are okay on the battlefield the same way WV was, or there's some wandering the other planets the way AR and PM were.

It'd be neat if John and Jade spent the next three years gathering up the survivors and founding some sort of community out of them. Depending on circumstances, we could yet see WV be mayor...

Edit: Or they'll found that community of blue-wearing folk that WV dreamed of and WV'll kill 'em all. Kind of hoping that doesn't happen.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Dec 17, 2011

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Oblivious posted:

Feferi just maced Doc Scratch.

And you don't post a link? :mad:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Tollymain posted:

And you don't post a link? :mad:

It loses all its beauty if you don't suffer through Promstuck's Scratch interlude first.

He doesn't so much acknowledge the fourth wall this time as bludgeon you with it.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
This update immediately assuages my fears about this web comic becoming a cesspool of furry poo poo. Thank god, Hussy you beautiful genius.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Gonna assume this will be the next panel

E: Or this V

Dizz fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Dec 17, 2011

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dizz posted:

Gonna assume this will be the next panel

E: Or this V

Come on dude, you can't link that without linking the whole thing.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

VJeff posted:

ahahahahah this loving rules

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

King of Solomon posted:

I love John so much. That last line of his is just magical. :allears:
It's fun how, derpy as he still is, he's grown into this meta, savvy everyman who says what we're all thinking. The beauty of a format where you can look at what your readers are saying and incorporate it, I guess.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

VJeff posted:

Oh gently caress, the Got Tiger thing is responsible for me cracking up in SO MANY inappropriate situations. I'm so glad it's here.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Jesus christ John, what the gently caress have you done?

Also :lol: at Davesprite finally being re-sized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
OH GOD NO JOHN YOU FOOL