Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
"Oh gently caress it's Davesprite. I forgot about him."

I love John so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Oh god, that was perfect.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
This is the best idea and it can't make anything more awkward in any way whatsoever.

(I get the impression Davesprite knows what's up but didn't tell John because it's funny.)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Davesprite is the best loving character. I hope 70% of the intermission content in Act 6 is "Davesprite gives John poo poo."

And who called Karkat's expression? I know someone did.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
The Green Sun is about to launch a bucket right at Karkat's face.

:allears:

LadySage
Dec 26, 2005

AA: i am very much alive
AA: and i intend to stay that way :)
Oh my god I can't stop laughing I think I might die please send help

I hope we get to see a lot of Davesprite messing with John, because that update was incredible.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Please let the bucket hit Karkat in the head please let the bucket hit Karkat in the head please let the bucket hit Karkat in the head please let the bucket hit Karkat in the head please let the bucket hit Karkat in the head please let the bucket hit Karkat in the head please let the bucket hit Karkat in the head please let the bucket hit Karkat in the head please let the bucket hit Karkat in the head please let the bucket hit Karkat in the head.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Wait wait wait wait

pre-emptively fan-arted?

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

So, I got to John calling Jade a furry, but 'one of the good ones'. Lost my poo poo.

Then, catch up with this thread, find Promstuck, blitz through that. Lose my poo poo a couple times.

Then one of you posts Jade tearing into a tiger. Lose my poo poo. Someone posts the link. Lose my poo poo again.

And then MOTHERFUCKING HUSSIE drops John launching a motherfucking PAIL into Karkat's dumb face.

I have no more poo poo to lose. The metaphorical funny bone is broken. I think I bruised my jaw.

Goddrat

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So John is launching a rushed, low on context message, that Dave has ironically messed with, in a bucket at Karkat.

And then won't have contact with them for a long, long time.

There's no possible way that this won't end hilariously misinterpreted.

Hussie :allears:

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Isizzlehorn posted:

I have no more poo poo to lose. The metaphorical funny bone is broken. I think I bruised my jaw.

Goddrat

Yeah this is pretty much me. This update is a masterpiece. Davesprite going "ahahahaha you hosed up" on top of everything else is what killed it for me.

I can't wait to see how Karkat reacts to a bucket in the face on top of all of the other poo poo that just happened to him.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
Ahahaha, Davesprite you're such an rear end

This update was incredible, but I can't help thinking he's reading this thread :tinfoil:

Well, I know he reads his own forums and interacts with his fans regularly, and the same points likely came up over there too but it was the food thing that really got me. We brought up the exact same concerns with the exact same solutions!

But man, I hope they get John's letter, that's like the last time they're gonna talk for three drat years. I'm really looking forward to Dave and Rose meeting up with the trolls, though, that's a meeting I've been looking forward to forever now.

And even with five planets and hundreds of aliens, John and Jade are still probably gonna end up hating each other. Sibling love~

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
This is going to gently caress Karkat up so much.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Best part? He probably included something in the note like "oh hey vriska can't wait to meet you".

Karkat's gonna have to wash his hands with acid and steel wool.

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010
Gods almighty, I have never felt this way about a webcomic. I absolutely cannot be satisfied. I NEED more, all the time, no matter how much I get. Everything about it is just so perfect. The whole group dynamic is changing, scores of once-divided characters are finally meeting and are guarenteed a long stretch to just, socialize. Chill out and play some fuckin scrabble. This kind of tempering to all the high-strung drama is just so cathartic.

I am having so much fun! :buddy:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Homestuck posted:

JOHN: you are like a furry now, but not really the weird kind that people on the internet like to have sex with in their imagination.
JADE: D:

Oh, John, you doofus you. :allears:

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
John is about to get the biggest boost to his prankster's gambit, and he won't even understand why.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
I think I woke my brother up in the next room with laughing so much! If this carries on I might just pass out from laughing so much.

And yeah, this is going to completely wreck karkat's poo poo!

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

FaceTime posted:

And yeah, this is going to completely wreck karkat's poo poo!

It's really the only scenario that could make him regret success.

At least Nepeta isn't alive to see it.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
After rereading part of Act 5 I now choose to believe that this event is going to be directly responsible for the end of this memo.

quote:

FUTURE gallowsCalibrator [FGC] 6:12 HOURS FROM NOW responded to memo.
FGC: H3Y!
CGC: OH H3Y!
FGC: 1 JUST THOUGHT 1 WOULD 4DD ON3 L4ST R3M4RK TO TH1S S1LL1N3SS
FGC: 4 R3M4RK OF R34SSUR4NC3!
CGC: OHH >:?
FGC: Y3S, YOU SHOULD TROLL TH3 HUM4NS
FGC: 1T W1LL B3 FUN >:]
CGC: W3LL, W3 BOTH KNOW TH4T 1 W4S PL4NN1NG TO 4NYW4Y
FGC: OF COURS3! 1 TRUST YOUR JUDGM3NT ON TH3 M4TT3R
FGC: JUST H3R3 TO S4Y YOU WONT R3GR3T 1T
CGC: TH4T 1S N1C3 TO KNOW!
CGC: 1 TRUST YOUR JUDGM3NT 4S W3LL
FGC: Y3S!
FGC: 4NOTH3R TR1UMPH OF SOUND JUDGM3NT 4ND GOOD T1M3S FOR T34M PYROP3 4ND TH3 LOY4L SUBSCR1B3RS OF R41NBOW RUMPUS P4RTYTOWN
CGC: HOOR4Y! >:D
FUTURE carcinoGeneticist [FCG] 6:12 HOURS FROM NOW responded to memo.
FCG: I'M GOING TO BE loving SICK.

Clean Your Teeth
Jul 10, 2009

ActionZero posted:

After rereading part of Act 5 I now choose to believe that this event is going to be directly responsible for the end of this memo.

everyone seems to be falling over themselves to explain what terrible thing must have happened to karkat to make him say that - my reading of it is just that he's disgusted at terezi's saccharine "triumph" line & the fact she gets on with her past / future self so well?

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

This is it. Through Andrew Hussie we've reached the height of human culture and class. It's all downhill from here.

*prepares 'O Fortuna' for inevitable surpassing of expectations*

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

quote:

JOHN: oh gently caress, it's dave sprite!!!
JOHN: i forgot about him.
DAVESPRITE: yeah no poo poo
This just slayed me.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

This might be one of my favorite sets of updates yet. "ahahahaha you hosed up"

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Is Karkat making that face due to the bucket, or can he not see it yet and it's due to seeing all his friends?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Fat_Cow posted:

Is Karkat making that face due to the bucket, or can he not see it yet and it's due to seeing all his friends?

Karkat is gaping because Jack just arrived at the Green Sun. In a second a bucket is going to come flying out of nowhere and clock Jack on the head and Karkat is going to go loving nuts.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Hussie should cancel the rest of his plans for Homestuck and have all of it be Davesprite loving with John from now onwards. Pure gold.

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

Gabriel Pope posted:

Karkat is gaping because Jack just arrived at the Green Sun. In a second a bucket is going to come flying out of nowhere and clock Jack on the head and Karkat is going to go loving nuts.

Oh god oh god please let this happen. I would die of laughter.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Goddamn it, John! You just gave five trolls with nothing to do for three years a bucket, JUST as they're going through adolescence. Dave better throw that thing into the Green Sun if they want even a moment's peace for the next three years.

But oh man, so glad there are Prospitians and Dersites around. Want to see more of those guys for sure. And Davesprite is Dave if he had cause to be existentially angry with John while John struggles to understand, so that'll be a fun way to spend three years. You think maybe they'll have trouble being friends since Davesprite will be acutely aware he's just a 'replacement Dave' for John and Jade, and once the three years are up they'll want to reunite with their 'real Dave'?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Dolash posted:

Dave better throw that thing into the Green Sun if they want even a moment's peace for the next three years.

Dave's not going to be getting a moment's peace anyway. The only clothes he has with him now are red and Terezi's around.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I can't get this stupid as hell grin off my face. Whatever results from this will be loving hilarous, I just know it.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
What about Nannasprite and Jaspersprite? They were on the Battlefield too. Nannasprite could make nice home-cooked meals for them so they wouldn't have to worry about food.

I love how the Handmaid from this page's banner is getting reused.

Cracky
Feb 11, 2007

are you one of those guys who likes big fatties and the big fatties have got big fatty dildos in their nose and they barf and they barf and its so gross.
Davesprite owns. Best Dave.

of bees
Dec 28, 2009

Dolash posted:

Goddamn it, John! You just gave five trolls with nothing to do for three years a bucket, JUST as they're going through adolescence. Dave better throw that thing into the Green Sun if they want even a moment's peace for the next three years.

But oh man, so glad there are Prospitians and Dersites around. Want to see more of those guys for sure. And Davesprite is Dave if he had cause to be existentially angry with John while John struggles to understand, so that'll be a fun way to spend three years. You think maybe they'll have trouble being friends since Davesprite will be acutely aware he's just a 'replacement Dave' for John and Jade, and once the three years are up they'll want to reunite with their 'real Dave'?

See, I think the opposite would happen. John would spend three years getting to know and becoming friends with Davesprite, and then when they all meet up again it'll be hard for him to be friends with Dave again, since he knows Davesprite so much better now.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010
Wait, didn't Davesprite change what was on the poster without touching it? Please tell me he somehow changed it to a love letter with John and Karkat's faces on the front of the poster. That would ruin Karkat for life.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Man we already saw what happened to Gamzee when he lost it. I can only Imagine what karkat's gonna do when he flips.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Gabriel Pope posted:

No, no, the fandom is feeling too good. The bucket will clock one of the good guys just as they're about to combine forces to defeat Jack. That "clocked" individual will then either get skewered or fail to prevent a skewering.

Emotional whiplash will take place. The note, which otherwise would have been hilarious, will be read with heavy tragic irony.

Heavier than it will already be, w/r/t to Vriska.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

heythisguyhere posted:

In fact, beta Vriska has just shown up, having emerged victorious but an arm and an eye poorer from her fight with beta Jack. The bucket gets stuck on her head, leaving her blind (since she's lost her vision eightfold again) and unable to defend herself. It doesn't come off before her head does. John's note drops out with it, unfolding as it does so. (Because this distracts Jack long enough for everyone else to take care of him, it counts as heroic and sticks.)

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.

heythisguyhere posted:

How can anything be heavier than Vriska? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Everybody's talking about John but I'd like to point out that Jade is the one opening a portal so the bucket bops Karkat square on the head. She's clearly the better prankster in this case.