Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
So is that what we would have been doing if we had picked the Death's Consorts mission a few cycles back? Attempting DFAs on the Fox?

I feel like we made the wrong decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

KnoxZone posted:

So is that what we would have been doing if we had picked the Death's Consorts mission a few cycles back? Attempting DFAs on the Fox?

I feel like we made the wrong decision.

And you thought we'd get complaints if we killed the big bad of our next mission, imagine how this thread would have exploded if we destroyed HIS cockpit.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
Well, things continue to remain gripping. Glad to see that the Goonsquad managed to pull off another victory through some good shooting and a whole lot of luck.

Votes

I'm gonna hafta vote 1 in this case. I'd like to see where this is going, and more activity involving free Skye certainly has my backing.

As for the MVPs, I'm going to vote for the Ostroc for the player team and the Bombadier for the OpFor team. The Ostroc did a drat good job being where he needed to, and getting some well-timed hits at the right moments. The Bombadier gets mad props for being a proper fire-support mech who managed to unload almost all of his shots, got the only kill on the that side, and managed to get out without much damage at all.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

A vote for 1 is a vote for a more complex situation with more opportunities for backstabbing and shifts of allegiance. The stuff cool space stories are made of.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
Voting Awesome as Goonlance MVP, Bombardier as OpFor MVP, and Option 1 (Support Caesar's plan) for the political vote.

strikereternal
Nov 27, 2006

Felime posted:

:suspense:

11111111111111!1111111!!1!!!exclamationpoint

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Going to go ahead and vote 1 on this even though I have a very poor understanding of whats going on.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Great Beer posted:

Going to go ahead and vote 1 on this even though I have a very poor understanding of whats going on.

The Clans haven't so much as said "Hello" to anyone they're not actively conquering. In the canon timeline, they had an open dialogue with ComStar throughout the entire invasion. This time? They're a mystery, and the Goons know their motives far better than anyone else does. Opening a dialogue with anyone is huge.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

MVP: Ostroc

OpFor MVP: Bombardier

Political Vote: 1

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PoptartsNinja posted:

The Clans haven't so much as said "Hello" to anyone they're not actively conquering. In the canon timeline, they had an open dialogue with ComStar throughout the entire invasion. This time? They're a mystery, and the Goons know their motives far better than anyone else does. Opening a dialogue with anyone is huge.

So they're not installing their own governments or anything?

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
MVPs

The Awesome because it made the shot that saved the entire mission.

and

Bombardier. 150 LRM (+4 SRM) damage over the whole match. drat.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

PoptartsNinja posted:

Oozing heavy black smoke from the shattered remains of its boxy SRM-launcher, a Battlemaster strode purposefully into a hail of Inferno SRM fire. It clutched the shattered PPC in its right fist like a club, drew back, and smashed the useless weapon against an enemy Javelin’s left shoulder. The light `Mech staggered, and fell to one knee. The Battlemaster seized it by the top of the head and twisted, tearing the cockpit away with a shriek of tortured metal even as a Quickdraw rose into the air on jets of white-hot plasma. It sailed through the air towards the injured Battlemaster as the pilot moved his `Mech to attempt a Death from Above. Normally risky, the Battlemaster was badly overheating and the bulk of its dangerous weapons had been shot away.

Now that's how you use a Battlemaster :black101:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Defiance Industries posted:

So they're not installing their own governments or anything?

They are, but that's part of the 'actively conquering' thing.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Nice job finishing off that last mission guys. For MVPs, I'm going to have to go with:

Rolling Thunder MVP: the Ostroc
OpFor MVP: the Bombardier
for reasons already stated more eloquently up thread.

As for the Political Vote, I'd have to go with 1.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ah, I see. It sounded for a second like they just kind of showed up, shot the poo poo out of everything, and built a fenced-off area where they kept all their stuff.

Nephila
Aug 19, 2005

Crawling up your leg as you read this.

PoptartsNinja posted:

The Sumiyoshi Taisha broadcast a warning, and was cut off nearly instantly when the James McKenna blew it in half with a Naval PPC. The other vessels lingering at the Zenith point were less fortunate, and received no opportunity to broadcast a warning.

The Hell’s Horses had come to Luthien, and they hadn’t come alone.

Well that will be a lot of naval support if they got the Ravens backing them now. Especially with the flagship and who knows what else of Alpha Galaxy there.

Also voting 1

Nephila fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 17, 2011

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
I absolutely must vote 1. Free Skye and On To Terra! :black101: :viper:

Also: Here comes the Federated Combine, woo woo!

Also also: Kell Hounds vs. the Comguards? gently caress YES, lawya. Hoping so hard that is a choosable scenario post-Luthien.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
1 has to be, it's so insane, yet so perfect.

Hanse is going to be working on his first heir in New Avalon tonight :smugdog:

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 17, 2011

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
Option 1 is my vote.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Axe-man posted:

Hanse is going to be working on his first heir in New Avalon tonight :smugdog:

G... God Save The Prince? D:

First Prince Lord Of The Star League Hohiro Ian Kurita-Davion

Mukaikubo fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Dec 17, 2011

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

More chaos is always good. And I'm reasonably certain Caesar knows what he's doing.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

Anything the Clans can do to reduce their supply lines is necessary. They need some Inner Sphere support if they want to make it to Terra.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

MVP's:

Rolling Thunder MVP: Awesome

OpFor MVP: Stalker, because it had the wisdom and forethought to go down fast. :haw:

As for the political vote, I'll go with my gut instinct and vote 2.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
No; for your hostility cannot so much hurt us as your friendship will be an argument to our subjects of our weakness, and your enmity of our power.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Neutrinos are not electromagnetic radiation :colbert:

Anyway I vote 2. Being too enthusiastic about a plan conceived by an IS captive bondsman might undermine her position.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

:smug: 1, best option.

Also it appears that even if you take Luthien you will only accelerate the formation of the :frogsiren:FEDERATED COMBINE:frogsiren:

Morgan Kell and Yorinaga Kurita are going to end up teaming up against the clans and it will be amazing

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

AtomikKrab posted:

:smug: 1, best option.

Also it appears that even if you take Luthien you will only accelerate the formation of the :frogsiren:FEDERATED COMBINE:frogsiren:

Morgan Kell and Yorinaga Kurita are going to end up teaming up against the clans and it will be amazing

Two mechs on the battlefied with the Phantom Mech ability? The Clans may as well go home, there is no victory to be had here.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
1 and declare a Trial of Annihilation against anyone who disagrees.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
1 seems the most interesting.

Brandy Collins
Sep 17, 2009

Good goddamn 1.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Also remember Elementals will not be as big of an advantage here because there will be DEST commandos (This is Luthien after all) and they will more than likely be wielding Vibroblades. An Elegant weapon from a more refined time also capable of butchering an elemental when a platoon of guys carrying them hit a squad.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
God... I'm going to go with Option 1 but I'm not entirely sure it wont backfire in this crazy alternate universe. But if it backfires, at least it will do so in a spectacular way.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
1. Because the concept of this even being possible is amazing.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Option 1 sounds exciting so bring that on. Already seems to be a lock in any case.

Goonlance MVP: I must vote for the Awesome's glorious Stalker headcap making the match actually winnable.

Opfor MVP: THAT loving BOMBADIER. I will have nightmares of 40 missiles covering the sky every few seconds.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

ActionZero posted:

Option 1 sounds exciting so bring that on. Already seems to be a lock in any case.

Goonlance MVP: I must vote for the Awesome's glorious Stalker headcap making the match actually winnable.

Opfor MVP: THAT loving BOMBADIER. I will have nightmares of 40 missiles covering the sky every few seconds.

The Bane 3 is even worse. EIGHT LRM-15 launchers, and enough ammo to alpha with them for 16 turns.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

landcollector posted:

Two mechs on the battlefied with the Phantom Mech ability? The Clans may as well go home, there is no victory to be had here.

If hitting them is the problem then you're not using enough HE.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Snow Ravens in the HOUSE! It's so nice to see my favorite Clan show up, with the flagship of the Clan Fleet in attendance!

Awesome, Bombadier, Option 1

Though I do worry that just supporting it in the Council, when it comes from a distrusted Clan like the Vipers may backfire on us. We might want to present the idea and work against it, and try to Reverse Psychology those Clanner bitches. Though frankly, since I haven't seen any other vote but #1, it probably doesn't matter at this point...

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Voting Option 2

Goonforce MVP: Awesome, for the lucky headshot. And because its awesome.

OPforce MVP: Bombardier. Really scary bombardier.

So let's talk about the Hell's Horses invasion! What are the symbols on the Destroyers/Battleships? Are the Hell's Horses bringing friends?

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Affi posted:

So let's talk about the Hell's Horses invasion! What are the symbols on the Destroyers/Battleships? Are the Hell's Horses bringing friends?

Clan Snow Raven says hi.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Dec 18, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Affi posted:

As other posters have noted, the black bird is the logo of Clan Snow Raven, who have the premier Clan-tech stellar navy. So yeah, the Horses are bringing friends.

• Locked thread