Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Is it too much to ask for a pic of the crossbow on the desk next to the Skyrim loading screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Papercraft some centurions and falmer too ty.

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006

Xovaan posted:

Is it too much to ask for a pic of the crossbow on the desk next to the Skyrim loading screen

Or it being aimed at an adventurer's knee! :v:

Crossbow bolts are near enough arrows right?

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Absolutely.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Sir Cornelius posted:

DadWilly
Jul 1, 2003

I just want to say that I've enjoyed this thread's antics and that you are all pretty cool people that I would like to chill out with in real life. :cool:

Look me up if you're in Atlantic Canada some time.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Safetyland posted:

I just want to say that I've enjoyed this thread's antics and that you are all pretty cool people that I would like to chill out with in real life. :cool:

Look me up if you're in Atlantic Canada some time.

Aww goon courtship.

Conan and I are pretty slutty with internet friends so we always keep track of where people are. Never know when you will need a place to crash.

Conan hasn't responded to this thread yet....I know he's alive because I just talked to him. I wonder if you all finally scared him off.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Bunway Airlines posted:

Aww goon courtship.

Conan and I are pretty slutty with internet friends so we always keep track of where people are. Never know when you will need a place to crash.

Conan hasn't responded to this thread yet....I know he's alive because I just talked to him. I wonder if you all finally scared him off.

Nah I'm honestly just too lazy to go out and get the crossbow to have a crossbow pic. Maybe later.

Also I'm really sad that I don't have a stepped drill bit to attach to the front of the crossbow bolt. I want to do that.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
That guy you sold the F2 to is now selling his R6 which looks like he couldn't handle either, hes selling off the gear too, guess hes giving up riding.

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388735

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

infraboy posted:

That guy you sold the F2 to is now selling his R6 which looks like he couldn't handle either, hes selling off the gear too, guess hes giving up riding.

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388735

Too bad I guess he just likes dirt riding. He's not a bad guy, just a bit misguided perhaps.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
You wouldn't happen to have a starter clutch for a 2nd gen would you?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

invision posted:

No sir, sorry :(

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

invision posted:

Are you sure about what part is broken? If it's just the one-way bearing (and that would be my initial guess from what you described in the other thread) it's not really insanely expensive. With a bit of luck on Ebay, you might find your part below $100.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-SV650S-STARTER-CLUTCH-ONE-WAY-BEARING-03-08-04-/130496760561

Again, I'm far from sure that this is your problem. If you can open it up and post a bunch of pictures, I'm sure Z3n would be able to help you out. I might even provide some bad advise myself.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
Skyrim-Chat Related Goodness levity terrible posting.

Spiffness: Yeah, I'm the one that left that comment. =)

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Jabs posted:

Spiffness: Yeah, I'm the one that left that comment. =)

Really wish I could fast travel that commute :(

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Spiffness posted:

Really wish I could fast travel that commute :(

2:20 is my exit. Please tell me yo don't commute that every day. The horrah.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

clutchpuck posted:

2:20 is my exit. Please tell me yo don't commute that every day. The horrah.

80% of the time I telecommute, 15% of the time I travel, and 5% I commute.

Though that's a bit skewed because I'll be doing that everyday for the next two weeks :(

Gunna have to throw the SV race bike into it's street plastics to save on gas, and as if on que, mother nature stops being bone dry and starts pissing rain every day for the foreseeable future.

Edit: I'm in your area all the time, Gallous and Zool are right there.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Dear friends,

I hope this missive finds you in good stead.

I have traveled north and discovered a safe haven for my noble steed:

Unfortunately, I was captured by the lagomorph king. I was able to snap a quick picture before my sentencing:

I have been forced to take to a term in the armory, modifying their weapons to better defend against the invading lupine hordes...

The triggers continue to vex them, but we are working on a solution.

I have yet to decrypt the strange messages left on the walls...

But they do feed us well:

And the view is fantastic:

Sadly, I have been unable to secure a reliable uplink to the wider world but I am in negotiations with a shadowy cabal to amend that problem.

Change is on the horizon. There is talk of machines that allow the melting and shaping of metal. These days cannot come too soon.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Those are probably the deepest word magnets I've read from strangers' houses thus far.

If you ever need to escape a lagomorph king again, just startle them; they can panic themselves to death. That's why bunnies make terrible presidents and game show contestants. Well, among other reasons.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Wait did you get that place you showed me awhile back?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Korwen posted:

Wait did you get that place you showed me awhile back?

If you're thinking of the one I showed you the video of, yeah :)

It's awesome.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Cool crib! But that green thing, is that an artichoke? How the hell do you eat those things?

... I hope you're not turning into a werelupin now. :ohdear:

Xovaan posted:

If you ever need to escape a lagomorph king again, just startle them; they can panic themselves to death. That's why bunnies make terrible presidents and game show contestants. Well, among other reasons.

[sam&max joke]

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

KARMA! posted:

Cool crib! But that green thing, is that an artichoke? How the hell do you eat those things?
Artichokes are awesome.
* Steam them for a good while,
* Get yourself something for dippin.
* Pull a leaf off,
* Dip it in some dippin whatever (mayo wasn't uncommon when I was a kid)
* hold the leaf by the tip, concave side down.
* Put it MOSTLY in your mouth, but hang on to the tip.
* Scrape the inner part of the leaf off using your bottom incisors.
* Discard the used artichoke bone.
* Repeat until all you have left is the artichoke heart.

The heart is covered in spiny hairy stuff that you have to remove. Once you've got that off, though, you can sometimes just pop the whole thing in your mouth, if it's not still scalding hot from the steaming...

Like a pomegranate, it's a pain to prepare and eat, but SO worth the effort.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

KARMA! posted:

... I hope you're not turning into a werelupin now. :ohdear:

[sam&max joke]

I knew there was a part of my childhood I should have never skipped. :(

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Jabs posted:

Artichokes are awesome.
* Steam them for a good while,
* Get yourself something for dippin.
* Pull a leaf off,
* Dip it in some dippin whatever (mayo wasn't uncommon when I was a kid)
* hold the leaf by the tip, concave side down.
* Put it MOSTLY in your mouth, but hang on to the tip.
* Scrape the inner part of the leaf off using your bottom incisors.
* Discard the used artichoke bone.
* Repeat until all you have left is the artichoke heart.

The heart is covered in spiny hairy stuff that you have to remove. Once you've got that off, though, you can sometimes just pop the whole thing in your mouth, if it's not still scalding hot from the steaming...

Like a pomegranate, it's a pain to prepare and eat, but SO worth the effort.

Yep. They're really good for you also, but usually expensive to buy outside CA. I took better quality photo's of the view but we don't have internet yet and my computer isn't up and running. I just have the work laptop that is so restricted I can't download anything or update flash players.

When the pictures come, bonus to bay goons who can figure out the rough location of the place based on what we show in the photos.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Melted butter with garlic for dipping, it ain't healthy but drat its good

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Actually butter is allegedly good for you. That's why Norway had a shortage of it most recently. :eng101:

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Xovaan posted:

Actually butter is allegedly good for you. That's why Norway had a shortage of it most recently. :eng101:

Most naturally derived, fully saturated, un-hosed-with fats are. They're actually essential for normal glandular functions and general health. But selling low-fat partially hydrogenated (hosed with) vegetable oil emulsified with water using something akin to dish washing fluid is really, really profitable. So guess what the Government reccomends...

But I digress: I like motorcycles, anyone else like motorcycles?

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face
I don't. I want to talk about butter :allears:

Conan has a lead on a milling machine for $250. He's terribly excited.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Bunway Airlines posted:

Conan has a lead on a milling machine for $250. He's terribly excited.

Shoot him with the crossbow right now. He needs the $250 for a TIG welder. When reason fails a crossbow bolt to the knee usually works.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
"I used to be a motorcyclist like you..."

I'm so sorry

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I feel that a CA meet would end up in a hodgepodge of arguments involving video game character builds and which foods taste best fried in natural butter

Not that I'm complaining or anything. That sounds awesome, actually.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Are there cows in Skyrim? I bet there's a "churn butter" skill to be learned.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Ola posted:

Are there cows in Skyrim? I bet there's a "churn butter" skill to be learned.

There's a couple, but they really look like bison. Very poorly rendered.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

SaNChEzZ posted:

There's a couple, but they really look like bison. Very poorly rendered.

They look almost exactly like the highland cattle we have wandering around the Farm and Ranch museum.

I've been fast-travelling between farms to get the cow loading screen trivia for the last 10 minutes, to no avail.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Sir Cornelius posted:

Shoot him with the crossbow right now. He needs the $250 for a TIG welder. When reason fails a crossbow bolt to the knee usually works.

I haven't found a good deal on a TIG welder yet. When I do, I will purchase it.

ReelBigLizard posted:

Most naturally derived, fully saturated, un-hosed-with fats are. They're actually essential for normal glandular functions and general health. But selling low-fat partially hydrogenated (hosed with) vegetable oil emulsified with water using something akin to dish washing fluid is really, really profitable. So guess what the Government reccomends...

But I digress: I like motorcycles, anyone else like motorcycles?

I loved butter like you once, but then I took a lactore intolerance to the stomach.

Anyways, I've been working on the SV, checked the valves, need to go through the carbs again cause it's running funny, remove the current exhaust, sell it, sell a bunch of the other parts, list a bunch of stuff for sale on forums/ebay, but I'm lazy and don't want to. Just got internet yesterday so this is my first post on a real computer in the last 2 weeks. Progress, slow but sure.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Got a thing:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Things own. Just saying.

• Locked thread