Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Hoover Dam posted:

How much does it cost to run US Soccer? A lot.

I want to see their statement of cash flows. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

@landondonovan posted:

Once a Toffee, always a Toffee

That tweet, from this morning, quickly made the rounds, lotta people dismissing it as nothing, telling other sites not to read too much into it as far as transfers go. He's just talking about last year, nothing more.

Oh.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
:)

He was so happy during that spell. I'll be getting up early for some matches.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

The SARS Volta posted:

:)

He was so happy during that spell. I'll be getting up early for some matches.

I can think of worse uses for $33 http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag/products/kit_selector.aspx?selectorid=427

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?
What funny timing. We were talking about U.S. stars in the EPL in the Premier League thread a few days ago and now we can see what kind of American coverage will actually happen now that one of the bigger USMNT players is going (back). Makes me excited, hopefully Fox Soccer puts on some Everton games.

Grainbarn fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 16, 2011

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
I feel like we got a few when he was there in 2010. I remember getting up at 6:30 to watch him on two or three occasions.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
I'm kind of worried about Landon this time. I think he has regressed since his first stint at Everton. I will be hoping for the best but I'm just not sure.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.
You shut your whore mouth.

Everton is going to win the league during those 8 weeks. Anyone who says different is a communist.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Id love to see Donovan find success again at Everton but I'm not sure he's still has the quality

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Coitus_Interruptus posted:

Id love to see Donovan find success again at Everton but I'm not sure he's still has the quality

I gotta agree. His age is starting to show. But hopefully he picks up more by proximity the way he did last time - anything he can bring back to the league and impart is great.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Coitus_Interruptus posted:

I'm not sure Coleman and Bilyaletdinov have the quality either, so Landycakes will find some playing time.

e: Everton have played two games without a single shot on target :v:

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I'm sure he will get playing time but I don't think he'll make the same splash he did two seasons ago. I guess 30 is old for a player whose main strengths are pace and work-rate

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Is there a website that keeps track of US players abroad? Something like this: http://www.japaneseballplayers.com/en/ .... but for Americans and soccer?

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.

joshtothemaxx posted:

Is there a website that keeps track of US players abroad? Something like this: http://www.japaneseballplayers.com/en/ .... but for Americans and soccer?

http://yanks-abroad.com/

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Hoover Dam posted:

That tweet, from this morning, quickly made the rounds, lotta people dismissing it as nothing, telling other sites not to read too much into it as far as transfers go. He's just talking about last year, nothing more.

Oh.

Landon will be happy to be going to his boyhood club. Again.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Moktaro posted:

Landon will be happy to be going to his boyhood club. Again.

Nobody is that keane to go to Everton.

Howdy
Jan 25, 2005

Mandalay posted:

Nobody is that keane to go to Everton.

:golfclap:

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
So the Spurs replay falls in that window right? It will be funny when Brad Friedel keeps a clean sheet imo

:smug:

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

Camp Cupcake roster is up!

GOALKEEPERS (3): Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (7): Geoff Cameron (Houston Dynamo), A.J. DeLaGarza (LA Galaxy), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), George John (FC Dallas), Zach Loyd (FC Dallas), Michael Parkhurst (FC Nordsjaelland), Heath Pearce (Chivas USA)

MIDFIELDERS (6): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Ricardo Clark (Eintracht Frankfurt), Benny Feilhaber (New England Revolution), Jeff Larentowicz (Colorado Rapids), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City

FORWARDS (4): Juan Agudelo (New York Red Bulls), Teal Bunbury (Sporting Kansas City), C.J. Sapong (Sporting Kansas City), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

About loving time for Omar, great to see Benny back in the pool, hey look it's Parky, and oh btw someone found Eddie Johnson and he's in Puebla with Beasley.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Hoover Dam posted:

Camp Cupcake roster is up!

GOALKEEPERS (3): Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (7): Geoff Cameron (Houston Dynamo), A.J. DeLaGarza (LA Galaxy), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), George John (FC Dallas), Zach Loyd (FC Dallas), Michael Parkhurst (FC Nordsjaelland), Heath Pearce (Chivas USA)

MIDFIELDERS (6): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Ricardo Clark (Eintracht Frankfurt), Benny Feilhaber (New England Revolution), Jeff Larentowicz (Colorado Rapids), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City

FORWARDS (4): Juan Agudelo (New York Red Bulls), Teal Bunbury (Sporting Kansas City), C.J. Sapong (Sporting Kansas City), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

About loving time for Omar, great to see Benny back in the pool, hey look it's Parky, and oh btw someone found Eddie Johnson and he's in Puebla with Beasley.

Yay for Johnson and hopefully this might help him to get a spot for the olympics squad this summer, also since we have a german coach now should we rename the camp after a german dessert?

Howdy
Jan 25, 2005

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Yay for Johnson and hopefully this might help him to get a spot for the olympics squad this summer, also since we have a german coach now should we rename the camp after a german dessert?

Kamp Kuchen.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
All I can say is OMAR GONZALEZ ABOUT loving TIME

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Ricardo Clark :negative:

a real peso shit
Jun 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 123 days!
Eddie Johnson has joined Puebla on a free.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

How has Benny "No Air" Feilhaber fared at NE?

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Rats raining down in the night during the Stanley Cup finals.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Pillbug
what does zak whitbread have to do to earn a call up? he's doing pretty well at norwich isn't he ?

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

Destroy My Sweater posted:

How has Benny "No Air" Feilhaber fared at NE?

As decent as could be given nearly everyone else on the team last year was unremittingly lousy. Fun dude at team events--he'll play along with your jokes by ruining them for you.

The Collector posted:

what does zak whitbread have to do to earn a call up?

Good question for the February FIFA window when EPL players are available. We're playing Italy in Italy on 2/29; USSF hasn't said anything but Italy's got it on their schedule.

And for a fun read, scroll back on Preston Zimmerman's twitter feed to watch him open a big ol' can of worms about Klinsmann and the Germericans.

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

Pillbug

Hoover Dam posted:

As decent as could be given nearly everyone else on the team last year was unremittingly lousy. Fun dude at team events--he'll play along with your jokes by ruining them for you.

Good question for the February FIFA window when EPL players are available. We're playing Italy in Italy on 2/29; USSF hasn't said anything but Italy's got it on their schedule.

And for a fun read, scroll back on Preston Zimmerman's twitter feed to watch him open a big ol' can of worms about Klinsmann and the Germericans.

holy moly I don't know what's funnier/more offensive: the "real americans" comment or the reference to "concacaf villages"

even though sometimes I do think klinsi's player selection strategy is pretty strange

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Hoover Dam posted:

It seem we already did since on the site it said we already played on feb 29 2011.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

The Collector posted:

holy moly I don't know what's funnier/more offensive: the "real americans" comment or the reference to "concacaf villages"

Preston Zimmerman is the epitome of the tea partier mindset.

ReleasetheKracker!
Oct 8, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Anyone seen that show 'Man vs. Food' haha that show is great, been watching that today, there are some great restaurants out there in the US

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

Pillbug

LYE-OONS posted:

Preston Zimmerman is the epitome of the tea partier mindset.

oh god I just noticed that he is advising people to "buy property" like it's 2005 or something.

Anukis
Jan 23, 2006

I'm an empathetic, sensitive, educated, intellectually curious non-idiot. Hi.
I love twitter so much.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

ReleasetheKracker! posted:

Anyone seen that show 'Man vs. Food' haha that show is great, been watching that today, there are some great restaurants out there in the US

If you knew anything about America, you would know that the only acceptable travel/food show is Anthony Bourdain. :colbert:

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

Brandy Alexander posted:

Eddie Johnson has joined Puebla on a free.

Eddie Johnson has been turned away from Puebla on a free.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Hoover Dam posted:

Eddie Johnson has been turned away from Puebla on a free.

drat, knew he couldn't fool them for long.

GOM
Jan 13, 2001

PWM POTM, September 2013

President & Founding Member of Cardiac Crew (x2)

Was Taters posted:

drat, knew he couldn't fool them for long.

One training session is certainly not long.

Also, haven't been keeping up with USMNT, but happy to see AJ got the call.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
:siren: Donovan in the starting 11 vs. Bolton; kickoff in 93 minutes :siren:

Howdy
Jan 25, 2005

The SARS Volta posted:

:siren: Donovan in the starting 11 vs. Bolton; kickoff in 93 minutes :siren:

Or the starting 10 if the tweet is to be believed: https://twitter.com/#!/YourEverton/status/154640551768113152

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
I was interested in watching, but I don't have FS Plus, so basically gently caress them.

• Locked thread