Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
She's also the one that gave John the bucket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironicism
Apr 2, 2011
God. I just caught up to Homestuck the other day after starting last week, and I swear I have the best timing in the world. :allears: The bucket.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I feel kind of bad for everyone. John and Jade have to go three years without being able to enjoy conversations with Karkat, Terezi, or Rose. Likewise Dave, Rose, and the Trolls won't have any derpy discussions with John and Jade anymore. At least both groups have a Dave to talk to.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Don't the trolls still have the computers downstairs and the computers in the kids' houses on the planets should still be around. Did I forget something or couldn't they still talk online?

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

ArchRanger posted:

Don't the trolls still have the computers downstairs and the computers in the kids' houses on the planets should still be around. Did I forget something or couldn't they still talk online?

Not after SOPA passes. :downsrim:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

ArchRanger posted:

"Online" probably doesn't work the way it should outside the universe(s)

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
The trolls can't communicate with the kids anymore because trollian can't talk to anything post-scratch. They could certainly go back and proceed to further gently caress with the kinds pre-scratch, but that seems like kinda a waste of time.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Rooreelooo posted:

The trolls can't communicate with the kids anymore because trollian can't talk to anything post-scratch. They could certainly go back and proceed to further gently caress with the kinds pre-scratch, but that seems like kinda a waste of time.

Judging from the way their own Trollian timelines ripped open at the end, it's probable that they can't even do that anymore.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

twitter posted:

andrewhussie andrewhussie
every now and then the internet yields something i can't even begin to explain or understand bit.ly/si1MeD

I don't understand either.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
That's why you set your wiki to Creative Commons NoCommercial, folks.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Wait, I want to understand this.

So Hussie makes MSPA. People make a wiki about MSPA. Some guy makes money by having web-bots scrape wikis and selling them in book form. And then somehow sells them through the B&N website.

damn chimera
Jan 31, 2007

EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
Who's gonna buy it though?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Books LLC things are print-on-demand, so it isn't like Barnes & Noble bought a big crate of these bizarrely titled, flower-pictured books expecting to move stock. If you type "Books LLC wiki" into their search, you come up with 190503 results. They just have this weird deal with B&N like they do with Amazon.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Krinkle posted:

I don't understand either.

Look at the publisher. Books LLC basically prints out on demand text dumps of wikis. They make money because it's basically 0 overhead and there are lots of people who do not understand the internet. So if you happen to be someone without a lot of web savvy and you type in "BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER FANFICTION" into a search box on a bookstore website you can order Buffy fanfiction. Specifically, you'll get a poorly formatted text dump of a wikia of insipid fan characters and stories that even Joss Whedon would cringe at, all for a modest price + tax and fees/shipping and handling!

drat chimera posted:

It doesn't really matter if no one buys it, because it doesn't exist until someone does buy it. Like Bims said it's not taking up space in a warehouse, costing someone money. Once someone does buy it (maybe they're some grandma who just got an email from their grandkid saying "by me a h-stuck, book for xmas thanks lol" and they just click on the first thing they find or something) they just print it out, smash it into a mailbox and collect money. Bam, you now have the MSPA wikia in book format. You crazy person.

Mr. Pumroy fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 18, 2011

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

drat chimera posted:

Probably the sort of guy who would discover an artist's GPS co-ordinates from a photograph?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Someone with a disposable income is going to buy one of those books and ask Andrew to sign it at a con or something. I would consider it, but I have it on good authority that he's a sociopath in person.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Now I'm wondering if you could construct a wikia with a single page, and then just abuse the print-on-demand book publisher to make, like, five or ten copy runs of things you wanted in book form.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

creationist believer posted:

Someone with a disposable income is going to buy one of those books and ask Andrew to sign it at a con or something. I would consider it, but I have it on good authority that he's a sociopath in person.

I have it on greater authority he has a very good sense of humor!

Cumhand Luke posted:

had breakfast with Andrew Hussie at Denny's the other day, very enlightening. while our skillet scrambles were being prepared, he created a lengthy and complex narrative involving a conflict between the salt and pepper shakers. other condiments soon joined the fray as ancillary characters and Hussie asked for twelve extra placemats to keep track of all the storylines/parallel universes/alliances/etc. he wouldn't let me use the ketchup because "it's still dead in this timeline" and apparently i'd have to wait for a dream sequence (the waitress comes by and refills our coffee).

as we exited the restaurant, two geeky-looking teenagers dressed as salt and pepper shakers accosted Hussie, begging to know how the story ends. he smiled weakly and said "it never ends." he got into his beamer and that was the last I saw of him.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

MrBims posted:

The most magical trip to Denny's

That's the most whimsical thing I've read in a while. It's like he's the Willy Wonka of webcomics.

Andrew Hussy posted:

We are the music makers... and we are the dreamers of dreams.
I am almost certain he said that.
Edit: gently caress this lovely phone

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Dec 18, 2011

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
Dave needs to reach PIMPSLAYER and stay there forever.:allears:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I love God Tier titles. "Pentacle Terapist." :allears:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
It took me a moment to get what Hotpotato Butterfingers meant, but that's hilarious. Drop it like it's hot

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009
I really like all the obscure mythological references in Homestuck. Surya is the Hindu deity of the sun; that's pretty cool.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

It took me a moment to get what Hotpotato Butterfingers meant, but that's hilarious. Drop it like it's hot

And here I thought it was referring to The Tumor.

quote:

PIMPSLAYER

Didn't Hussie compare a certain major villain to a pimp? Someone who can only be killed via temporal shananigans?

e: dammit, reverse-beaten

Walliard fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 18, 2011

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

_Endgame_ posted:

Dave needs to reach PIMPSLAYER and stay there forever.:allears:

looks like Dave is going to be the one to put down Lord English

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
:allears: pretty much rounds up this entire update.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~
Hope the receiving of the Gift of Gab is hinting at some sick Rose/Dave/troll convos coming up next :D

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Valex posted:

Hope the receiving of the Gift of Gab is hinting at some sick Rose/Dave/troll convos coming up next :D

Karkat is getting a bucket lobbed at his face. If that doesn't make for comedy gold in conversations I don't know what will.

Commutator
Jul 17, 2009

Hussie posted:

All of the troll race’s blood colors are accounted for by characters in the comic, except for one.

The place on the spectrum where Karkat’s slot would be is a shade of green between Nepeta’s and Sollux’s. Lime bloods. We know nothing about them, and the only indication they exist in the story at all, aside from the indirect evidence I just mentioned, is that shade is on the walls of the highblood’s throne room.

UU is definitely a lime blood.

Edit: Oh and yeah, cool update I guess.

Why a salamander and not a turtle?

Another edit:

King of Solomon posted:

It's the same patch Jade and John got.

So it is. :doh:

Commutator fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 18, 2011

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Commutator posted:

Why would the character that uses British slang be a limey? :rolleyes:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Commutator posted:

Did the turtles ever talk or did they just cower and look distressed as Rose trashed things?

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Commutator posted:

John and Jade got the same badge (crocodile instead of iguana). It's probably because those consorts are more known for being chatty.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Commutator posted:

It's the same patch Jade and John got.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Walliard posted:

John and Jade got the same badge (crocodile instead of iguana). It's probably because those consorts are more known for being chatty.

Nice try, but by using the consorts of the male characters Hussie has inadvertently revealed the misogyny at the heart of Homestuck! Just gimme a moment to write a tumblr post about it.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Nice try, but by using the consorts of the male characters Hussie has inadvertently revealed the misogyny at the heart of Homestuck! Just gimme a moment to write a tumblr post about it.

If it's anything less than 10,000 words, don't even loving bother. It's clearly not worth our effort to read.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Why would the character that uses British slang be a limey? :rolleyes:

Oh, goddamn it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Holy poo poo, I never would have picked up on that. I love "Ariadne's Threadspinner" too.

Pastrymancy posted:

Karkat is getting a bucket lobbed at his face. If that doesn't make for comedy gold in conversations I don't know what will.
I hope it happens when he's in the middle of a "NO SLOPPY ALIEN MAKEOUTS" rant. And that he sees John throwing it.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Evil Mastermind posted:

Holy poo poo, I never would have picked up on that. I love "Ariadne's Threadspinner" too.

The best thing about that level is that it would have suited both Heroes of Light equally well for very different reasons.

Miracon
Jan 1, 2010

Those god-tier sprites are adorable. Have we ever seen Rose or Dave's echeladders before though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Miracon posted:

Have we ever seen Rose or Dave's echeladders before though?

No, we have only seen John and Jade's echeladders before this. And Jane's shortly before this of course.