Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Guys, I just want to take a short time out and reveal to you the self-indulgence Hussie participates in his comic. It's so obvious why he made the God Tiers. Not to further the story, not even to sell merch. It was all just an ego trip for himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Jesus Christ that's breathtaking.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Dmitri-9 posted:

looks like Dave is going to be the one to put down Lord English

Or Jake English. What with the entirety of tumblr as his harem and all.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Guys, I just want to take a short time out and reveal to you the self-indulgence Hussie participates in his comic. It's so obvious why he made the God Tiers. Not to further the story, not even to sell merch. It was all just an ego trip for himself.

Hahahaha holy poo poo I'm astounded

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

That should definitely be his avatar the next time he decides to self-insert.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Wait, was that hidden in the window or is it just a joke?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

The lips might just be the best part of this image.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Where did you find this... masterpiece?

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/sweetbroandhellajeff/?cid=040.jpg

Okay how is this going to be relevant to Homestuck let's analyze right now

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
^^^my day just keeps getting better and better

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I'm really glad I listened to you

KoB
May 1, 2009

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

The Huss of Lips has all the god tier powers.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/14394705424/sbahj-behind-the-scenes

Let's hope he removed the metadata this time, or people will find out where he banks.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

My God (tier)... it is awe-inspiring

QueerPope posted:

He skipped #39 <:mad:>

creationist believer posted:

Why would the character that uses British slang be a limey? :rolleyes:

Did she use British slang, or just British spelling? Because Canada uses that spelling too. In fact everyone does, it's just America that doesn't.

^^^^^^
I can't believe he has concept art for SBaHJ of all things

Starmaker fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Dec 18, 2011

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Starmaker posted:

^^^^^^
I can't believe he has concept art for SBaHJ of all things

Clearly, everything of quality (even if the quality is intentionally extremely lovely requires concept art and contemplation. In this case, it requires contemplation regarding if it is lovely enough, and in the right way.

Probably.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Starmaker posted:

Did she use British slang, or just British spelling? Because Canada uses that spelling too. In fact everyone does, it's just America that doesn't.

UU uses 'fancy' as a verb, which is about as British as you can sound without talking about lorries or roundabouts. Also, 'blimey' and 'bang-up'.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
Oh yeah, that's right. I didn't have time to go back and reread the log, I only remembered people pointing out words like "colour."

Yeah okay that's pretty British (I probably didn't notice it because she was speaking with Jane, and my mind just went into old-timey mode)

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Wait. Lime is the color Karkat would be if not for his mutation, correct?

I remember on my first big read-through (that I did not give up on) I picked up a lot of weirdly specific things while missing a lot of the big picture stuff. One thing I noticed was that Karkat liked to use the term "snog," and I believe another British slang term I couldn't remember now. Therefore I developed this little conception that he had an English accent? I know it was stupid, but now I'm not so sure...

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

QueerPope posted:

Let's just say Dave is about to get agreived by Terezi.

Why did I just think that?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Olivia42 posted:

Wait. Lime is the color Karkat would be if not for his mutation, correct?

I remember on my first big read-through (that I did not give up on) I picked up a lot of weirdly specific things while missing a lot of the big picture stuff. One thing I noticed was that Karkat liked to use the term "snog," and I believe another British slang term I couldn't remember now. Therefore I developed this little conception that he had an English accent? I know it was stupid, but now I'm not so sure...

He says "snog" and "bloody", for point of reference. The last thing could just be troll slang though, given brief thought.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Olivia42 posted:

That would be pretty cool, but I'm glad more people don't feel that way, because then all those amateur voice acting bits would be even more horribly overwrought than they already are on account of the only "english accent" many americans seem capable of attempting to impersonate is one that would only ever be found on the type of person to unironically say "rip-snorting". Or cockney.

Although now for some reason I have this ridiculous mental image of Karkat dressed up as Luke from Professor Layton, and being the sweariest kid sidekick ever. So one good thing came out of it.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Renaissance Robot posted:

That would be pretty cool, but I'm glad more people don't feel that way, because then all those amateur voice acting bits would be even more horribly overwrought than they already are on account of the only "english accent" many americans seem capable of attempting to impersonate is one that would only ever be found on the type of person to unironically say "rip-snorting". Or cockney.

Although now for some reason I have this ridiculous mental image of Karkat dressed up as Luke from Professor Layton, and being the sweariest kid sidekick ever. So one good thing came out of it.

Everyone does Eridan with this weird accent that sounds like a mixture between the Queen and Harry Potter, and it's intolerable. Even more so when they wobble his w's and v's and just turn it into some kind of drunken jelly-man falsetto.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just read all of Promstuck. I'm trying to figure out if that was a new low or not.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

I've no idea how big the crossover between SBaHJ fans and Europa Universalis 3 fans is, but regardless I made a thing:

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Tollymain posted:

I just read all of Promstuck. I'm trying to figure out if that was a new low or not.

A great man posted:

Through an intense commitment bordering on religious devotion to the absolutely inane, absurd, or plain loving stupid, a very different kind of sincerity begins to materialize. One of reverence to the ridiculous. You begin to "mean it," but what exactly it is you mean is never quite what appears on the surface, and is utterly inaccessible to obtuse and literal minds. That you "mean it" then becomes inseparable from the joke, and additional rich strata of humor may be stripped aggressively from this irreconcilable truth.

That's really all there is to say on the matter.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

pumpinglemma posted:

That's really all there is to say on the matter.

Absolutely the correct approach to Promstuck.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I don't care if half of Promstuck was mediocre to bad, literally everything involving Eridan was worth the price of admission.

BE THE HERO PROM NEEDS, NOT THE HERO PROM DESERVES

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Android Blues posted:

Everyone does Eridan with this weird accent that sounds like a mixture between the Queen and Harry Potter, and it's intolerable. Even more so when they wobble his w's and v's and just turn it into some kind of drunken jelly-man falsetto.

To be fair, "intolerable" is probably the correct effect, even if that's not what they were going for.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Someone produce art of Professor Noir and his angry sidekick right now.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I don't doubt that Karkat's "missing" blood color is lime green because HS fans are obsessive enough to figure out the right RGB value. It still seems weird to me that this would leave us with one red color and three greenish colors though.

And how close is that green color to First Guardian / radiation green?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Thundarr posted:

I don't doubt that Karkat's "missing" blood color is lime green because HS fans are obsessive enough to figure out the right RGB value. It still seems weird to me that this would leave us with one red color and three greenish colors though.

And how close is that green color to First Guardian / radiation green?

Not very. Hussie's describing it as "lime blood" seems more like a purposeful setup for allusion to UU than an accurate description of its shade.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Thundarr posted:

That's just colours though, 'greenish' occupies about 90-100 degrees of a colour wheel, 'reddish' only about 10-20. Orange/brown and violet (Tavros and Feferi) are still reddish colours, but we don't generally think of them as red. It really depends on your perception though, they (the blood colours) are all evenly spaced so it just comes down to what names you give things based on how you see them.

There's probably a bunch of formal theory on this somewhere, if there is I don't know it. I just realised a while back that traditionally named colours aren't evenly spaced at all, and then thought about it for a bit/dicked around in photoshop.

First Guardian green is straight x00FF00, so nowhere near.

Commutator
Jul 17, 2009

First Guardian green is straight x00FF00, so nowhere near.

Are you comparing it to the green of the Caduceus symbol on UU's monitor, or to the lime blood splattered on the Grand Highblood's walls (would post a link if I knew which page that was on)? Or are they same shade?

Edit: But even if they aren't it wouldn't be the first time a troll's symbol/text color was slightly off from their blood color.

VVV Could you link to the page where the lime blood is visible? I haven't been able to find it.

Commutator fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 18, 2011

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Commutator posted:

Are you comparing it to the green of the Caduceus symbol on UU's monitor, or to the lime blood splattered on the Grand Highblood's walls (would post a link if I knew which page that was on)? Or are they same shade?

Compared to the lime. The caduceus is x1CF300, identical to the terminal text. It is very close to x00FF00, but it's probably a coincidence what with bright green simply being a typical colour for teletype terminals.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Here's the wall-o-blood. There is a lighter green-yellow shade visible in contrast to the muddy dark Nepeta green.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Looks like it's the color of Troll Will Smith as well.

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

HappyKitty posted:

In my mind, Karkat is an angry cockney lad.

:smug:

Mr. Moon
Oct 22, 2007
The sky is deep and dark and eternally high...
UU isn't British. She is a pretty spot-on depiction of how Americans think we talk though, which I am assuming is a conscious decision on Hussie's part cause it's pretty funny. "Bollocks off" indeed.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
It's my opinion that the badges allow them to converse normally, but only in the language of their consorts. So what we've been reading has been helpfully translated from a long string of Naks, Glubs and what-have-you.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

:stare: Wow
I think the only symbol missing is Life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

:stare: Wow
I think the only symbol missing is Life?

Void is missing too, but I suppose Life and Void are sort of contained with Space and Breath.