Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Ouchies.

So Clans involved in the Invasion now are Sea Foxes (did you misname them Diamond Sharks in your update?) and Snow Ravens as backup clans.

And the regular four ofcourse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
15 Friendly ships from (arguably) the best Navy the Clans have to offer.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Awesome, Bombardier, Option 1

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

1 Strolling peacefully towards Terra will troll the crusader clans so hard.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Voting for option 2

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
ostroc, bombardier, and voting for option 1.

Diogenes Cynicus
Aug 5, 2009
Voting for 1.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Voting for Option 2, because I want to see how PTN writes up a clanner trying to straddle the fence on an issue.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Mary Annette posted:

Voting for Option 2, because I want to see how PTN writes up a clanner trying to straddle the fence on an issue.

I challenge you to a trial of NO YOU SHUT UP. <- Diagram of how it would work.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
MVP votes

Goonlance MVP: The Ostroc for managing to pull of 3 kills.
Goonlance Honorable Mention: The Awesome for that headshot, because :iia:.

OpFor MVP: The Bombardier for raining far more death upon the Goonlance than it had any right to.
OpFor Honorable Mention: The Stalker for crippling the Awesome with a lucky shot as it went down.

Political Vote

Option 1 because gently caress those other Clans.

cwDeici
Oct 29, 2011

by Ozmaugh
MVPs
Ostroc, honorable mention to the Orion for mathematically reasonable (though early) use of rear armor.
Bombardier, for excellent choice of targets, honorable mention to the Whitworth for good choice of targets and for tempting Goonlance with dispersal despite exposing itself to do so.

Political Vote
Option 1! This will make things so much easier for the Clans if successful (in up-front advantage and also convincing the spheroids that the Clans can be worked with), and it also pays back a favor.

(Just realized both the Gladiator and Bombardier didn't fire because the nook the Gladiator was in prevented LoS completely. Much better than jumping on roofs. Anyone know how partial cover works with PTNs rules?)

cwDeici fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 18, 2011

Belial42
Feb 28, 2007

The Sleeper must awaken...with a damn fine can of Georgia coffee.
Option 1.

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011
awesome, bombardier, option 1

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I vote 1. Defiance Industries' explanation is why.

(Besides. It might work. Or it might drive a wedge between Clans and cause Clan-on-Clan conflict. But also because it just might fuckin' work.)

Goonlance MVP has to be the Ostroc, no contest - and OpFor MVP is certainly the Bombardier. I can't recall an OpFor MVP vote being this lopsided before.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
:bandwagon:

Ostroc Bombardier 1

:regd08:

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

the JJ posted:

:bandwagon:

Ostroc Bombardier 1

:regd08:

I couldn't agree more. Repeating this for my vote.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Wait, if they have WarShips does that mean Goonstar will have access to NPPC bombardment?

This is going to be totally awesome.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

MJ12 posted:

Wait, if they have WarShips does that mean Goonstar will have access to NPPC bombardment?

This is going to be totally awesome.

Ah, they probably bid it away. :downsclanner:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

Neutrinos are not electromagnetic radiation :colbert:

I wasn't implying that they were? They're both produced by a jump, my wording probably was unclear.

AtomikKrab posted:

Vibroblades

Don't see common use until 3057-ish.

Affi posted:

did you misname them Diamond Sharks in your update?.

Yeah, that was a slip of the mind. I grew up with the Diamond Sharks and the Federated Commonwealth, so I get thinking one thing and type another automatically.

The Snow Ravens aren't a reserve Clan, though (Jade Falcons and Burrock, IIRC (gotta check my notes)) so the Hell's Horses have now just royally pissed off the Jade Falcons; which they can get away with since Lair Siedman is IlKhan.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Voting: MVP Awesome for head shots
OPFOR MVP: Bombardier also for crazy accuracy

Going Option 1 because it is one step closer to getting Ceasar's genes into the Clan genestock.

PoptartsNinja posted:

The Snow Ravens aren't a reserve Clan, though (Jade Falcons and Burrock, IIRC (gotta check my notes)) so the Hell's Horses have now just royally pissed off the Jade Falcons; which they can get away with since Lair Siedman is IlKhan.

I think trolling the Jade Falcons is every other Clans icing on the cake. gently caress those drat green chickens.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Ostroc/Bombardier/Option 1 please

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It must be 1. Render unto Caeser what is Caeser's.

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
a lean lobster who probably doesn't even taste good.
1. Jumpin' aboard this wagon!

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"
Goonlance MVP: Ostroc, for generally being :black101: as gently caress.
Goonlance Honorable Mention: Awesome, for giving the Stalker a shave a little off the top of the neck.
Goonlance Dishonorable Mention: The techs who FUBAR'd the Awesome's leg reinstall.

OpFor MVP: Bombardier, for giving hell with just about every single shot. Does that guy call his LRM launchers "Vera?"
OpFor Honorable Mention: Listen-Kill Missiles. Hope they get distributed to the rest of the Sphere quick-like, they might help against the Clans.
OpFor Dishonorable Mention: Everyone. Because they're Capellans, and honor is anathema to them. drat dirty space dog-fuckers.

Political Vote: 1. Because we are definitely living in Interesting Times, now let's come to the attention of powerful people. If we're "lucky," we'll get what we wish for.

As for Luthien...

Valiant sworn defense,
Dragon does not yield its home,
Night sky rains white fire.

I have the feeling that if Goonlance fails to win the battle of Luthien on behalf of Clan Hell's Horses, then Clan Snow Raven is going to go Turtle Bay on Luthien City.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Ostroc for Goonlance MVP, Bombadier for opforce MVP. Voting for option 1 because I want to see the *squee* noise that DI makes when Defiance Industries starts fielding the first IS omnimechs.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Political Vote:

Option 1!

Let the first steps toward the new Star League be made by the Free Federation of Skye and their Clan Steel Viper brethren. Caesar's comin' home and he's brought some new friends.

Also gently caress the conservative Clans, the only invading clans that actually give much of a drat about the fussy stuff are the Widowmakers.

Let's compare this potential Skye/Viper alliance to other Spheroid/Clanner hybrid states from the main timeline. The Ghost Bear Dominion was built on conquest, albeit one followed by an enlightened and constructive occupation. The Raven Alliance involves the Outworlds Alliance and they're kind of a walking plothole so nevermind them. While the founding of Imperio Escorpion was a pleasant surprise and I'm a lot more interested in them than the rest. I wouldn't consider the Wolves-in-Exile or the Nova Cat enclaves as integrated with their host states.

The Vipers had intended to work with the Spheroids and here's their perfect chance to do so. Would they try to supplant Skye's cultural identity with their own, as has tended to happen in the official timeline? Or would they dare thumb their noses at the way of the Clans (again) by going "native" and elevating a Spheroid power to their own level?

Would Clan Steel Viper become the exemplars that the people of Skye would hope to emulate, at least in martial skill and Clan-based honor (at least to such a degree that the, ah, Vipers observe)? Would Lyran-Skye Mechwarriors be given the chance to join their touman as Freeborn probationary members should their quality be proven? Would the Steel Vipers adopt a new culture to mark the extent of their goals and ambitions as guardians of the new Star League, like an avenging Order of Knights?

With the steel and fire of Hesperus II fueling the Skye/Viper war machine.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
Ostroc, Bombardier, and voting for Option 1.

Also, can someone explain why a Castle Brian is called Brian? Who is Brian?

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Erd posted:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Castle_Brian

It's a big, nigh invulnerable fortress, often containing caches of star league technology.

Named after Brian Cameron.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
:argh: beaten!

Erd posted:

Ostroc, Bombardier, and voting for Option 1.

basically think big fortresses from the star league era

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Axe-man posted:

:argh: beaten!

basically think big fortresses from the star league era

Built to shrug off anything short of sustained orbital bombardment or massive nukings and then throw out up to just under 1000 battlemechs/vees/infantry platoons at invaders.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Let the first steps toward the new Star League be made by the Free Federation of Skye and their Clan Steel Viper brethren. Caesar's comin' home and he's brought some new friends.

This is really all anyone should need to see. Dominion of Steel Skye, baby.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

The Steel Federation of Free Skye Vipers you mean.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I think I'd prefer an Iron Skye.

Pinguliten
Jan 8, 2007
Goon MVP: The Ostroc due to solid performance
OPFOR MVP: The Bombardier, because those LRMs almost turned it all against the Mariks.

Also 1, it really seems like an interesting choice.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

This right here is an awesome name, and I endorse its continuing usage.

Gladi
Oct 23, 2008
Ostroc, Bombardier, and vote for 2.

People leave Dusk some option if the plan is not accepted, or even if the plan is accepted, Steel Vipers might start to worry about internal subversion.

Gladi fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Dec 18, 2011

seekerwithin
Oct 29, 2011
Ostroc: back armor all gone but still standing? Multiple mech kills? Excellent!
Bombardier: LRM-20s with high missile hit counts = ouch.

vote: 2. "Dear council. We have an opportunity to help those who helped us in the past, stick it to those who aren't playing by the rules, and get in close to Terra fast. I'm not saying we SHOULD, mind you -- but I'm letting you know it appears to be an option." Heck, a vote for 2 is really a vote for 1. Go friends of Skye!

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Ostroc/Bombardier hands down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Ostroc, Bombadier, 1.

Let's keep this bandwagon going. Because it is an awesome one.

• Locked thread