Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009

Bad Wolf posted:

You beat little Mo, you deserve every goddamn thing you get.

If you haven't watched HIGNFY tonight, catch it on Iplayer, or better yet, wait for HIGABMNFY. Nick off The Apprentice was, is and always will be, awesome.

And I found out that he's taking over countdown. When was that announced?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !

Ben Soosneb posted:

And I found out that he's taking over countdown. When was that announced?

No clue, I just heard it on HIGNFY as well.

When are they going to run the Clarckson QI? I'm annoyed I'm missing an episode cause he couldn't keep his gob shut, and Iplayer isn't available here.

Edit : Not that I don't enjoy the highlights episode. "That bloke on the far right? You mean HERMAN GOERING?" is one of my favorite quotes this season.

Bad Wolf fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Dec 16, 2011

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Bad Wolf posted:

When are they going to run the Clarckson QI? I'm annoyed I'm missing an episode cause he couldn't keep his gob shut, and Iplayer isn't available here.

Edit : Not that I don't enjoy the highlights episode. "That bloke on the far right? You mean HERMAN GOERING?" is one of my favorite quotes this season.

Probably in the new year, when everyone has forgotten about Clarksons comments.

Is the next new episode the Christmas one featuring BRIAN BLESSED

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

Bad Wolf posted:

It's made its way onto YouTube somehow. Someone posted it here a page or so ago.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Withnail and I is on Film4 tonight!

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

cloudchamber posted:

It's made its way onto YouTube somehow. Someone posted it here a page or so ago.

It's also avaliable On Demand with Virgin. Weird, that.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Rankine Over Gash posted:

Jack Whitehall seen in the crowd for the British Comedy Awards. Must be in the wrong room.
Did you not see Fresh Meat? He was legitimately funny in that.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Coogan's introduction speech for Iannucci's writers choice award was piss funny.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Taff posted:

Grez would you reccomend watching the series, I sky+'d the first ep last night and Ive seen the film and got the first season as well.

Never bothered with it before because the scenes of Shaun and Smell in the film made me a bit uncomfortable really.

I enjoyed both series. Depends how much you like bleak depressing drama.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

ZoDiAC_ posted:

I doubt there's anyone that hasn't seen this yet but if you haven't then definitely watch it. A very funny and depressing film.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
The Bugle Podcast has a new Facebook page, and will be leaving Times Online, so they are polling for how The Bugle will continue. I implore all of you "Like" it and vote so we can keep our Beautiful Font of Bullshit flowing.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Akuma posted:

Did you not see Fresh Meat? He was legitimately funny in that.

When he was playing an oblivious posh arsehole and saying lines other people wrote for him? Yes, he was.

Holy Doughnuts!
Oct 20, 2010

Sergeant Butterman, the little hand says it's time to rock and roll.

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Seems as good a time as any to post this, it's by the same guy who did that Masterchef song that went mental. Only this involves one very irate police officer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GGc7KcvqtE

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Strawman posted:

When he was playing an oblivious posh arsehole and saying lines other people wrote for him? Yes, he was.
Oh sorry I didn't realise there weren't any awards for people acting out other people's writing it's a good thing you straightened that out for me that people aren't actually involved in comedy unless they write all the wordy words cheers.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Akuma posted:

Oh sorry I didn't realise there weren't any awards for people acting out other people's writing it's a good thing you straightened that out for me that people aren't actually involved in comedy unless they write all the wordy words cheers.

I see your point, but at the same time, gently caress Jack Whitehall.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Akuma posted:

People who claim to be actual comedians rather than just actors who appear in comedy are generally expected to think of funny things by themselves.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
I think masterchef is the food equivalent of airbrushed models in magazines. It's giving people a totally unrealistic picture of how food should be.

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.

Strawman posted:

People who claim to be actual comedians rather than just actors who appear in comedy are generally expected to think of funny things by themselves.

You can be a good comic actor and a poo poo comedian (see Bill Bailey), but if you label yourself a comedian that's what you should be judged on.

Local Group Bus
Jul 18, 2006

Try to suck the venom out.
Oh screw you for reminding me of the horror that was the Comics Choice show hosted by Bill Bailey. Especially the Jo Brand episode. It would have been less painful had they thrown a bear on stage and probably a hell of a lot funnier.

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011

Grez posted:

I really can't understand why anyone would be baffled by the ending (Woody & Lol). The entire point of this series aside from the Shaun sub-plot was establishing that Lol's life had fallen apart without Woody, and that Woody while seemingly having everything going for him was quite clearly going out of his mind without Lol. They are soulmates.

I agree with this. I agree, I can't add anything.

That fight scene was heart wrenching. Out of nowhere, Joe Gilgun had me on the verge of tears. I wasn't even expecting it from the scene, he just loving brought it. And then Andrew Shim. Wow. What a scene. I even clocked the other actors choking up, thats how powerful the performances were on set.

And Vicky McClure's story was just tragic. I really gave up in the end, I thought she was dead and I just accepted it. I'm glad she didn't die.

I loved Smell. When she discovered Shaun and the theater girl. Her silent total and utter devastation during the play was loving astonishing. If you didn't get a lump in your throat during that, you have no heart. And then her superb performance at the party later. Brilliant.

CrackDealer
May 12, 2001
Just some in-valid
Anyone else following The Killing II?

(Season 1 and end of season 2 spoiler)
I've never been more disappointed in any character than Buch. What a punch in the gut. I was swearing at the television for the first time in many, many years. What the gently caress? Why, Buch, why?
I was sitting not at all sure of anything in the last two hours, the killer twists and turns- great. Bilal stuff, ehh, maybe not as well done.
The political situation: however they were going to resolve that I knew one thing- it would be different to s1.
Wrong. Argh.

I think the change in format helped a lot, maybe season one got a little bit too 24-ish at times but the last two hours of S2 was great.

Lund, Troels, Meyer, Bremer, Strange, Buch. Brilliant characters and brilliant TV.

Love Like Blood
Sep 9, 2009
The This Is England series really work so well because of how good the actors are and how good the chemistry is between them. That's what made it good beyond the message it was trying to send in the film in the more straight-forward drama of the TV shows. I thought the whole scenario in this series was far better in portraying relationships people have than a lot of other shows I've seen for a while (Milky and Woody were still being best friends despite the betrayal, Woody and Lol were still soulmates). Shane Meadow's shows are always really natural feeling.

On a related note, looking forward to seeing Toby Kebbell in the next Black Mirror.

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

we're leaving the planet
and you can't come

A5H posted:

I see your point, but at the same time, gently caress Jack Whitehall.

He is probably right about us being beyond hosed for Eurovision this year though.

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

Volcano posted:

He is probably right about us being beyond hosed for Eurovision this year though.

To be honest, we've already got the Olympics this coming year, so if we don't win Eurovision 2012, at least we don't have to foot the costs of hosting an international event that we're not going to win at for two years running :smith:

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sunday-mail/2011/12/18/scots-stars-the-krankies-reveal-wild-nights-and-secret-swinging-sessions-86908-23644406/

If you ever wondered about the Krankies' sex lives, now is your chance!

quote:

In an outrageous interview, to be broadcast on Radio Scotland today, they claim they had to give up sleeping around to prevent their lovers getting jealous.

The couple, who are appearing in Robinson Crusoe at Glasgow’s Clyde Auditorium, said they had an “anywhere, anytime” attitude to sex.

When radio host Edi Stark quizzed them about their “active physical relationship”, Ian, 64, admitted they enjoyed sex on golf courses, adding: “Jersey was good.”

Mother of God

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

ZoDiAC_ posted:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sunday-mail/2011/12/18/scots-stars-the-krankies-reveal-wild-nights-and-secret-swinging-sessions-86908-23644406/

Mother of God

I have an image in my brain now that won't go away :gonk:

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Mother of God

loving hell, well this mental image just ruined christmas

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Why would you...jesus christ :gonk:.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Mother of God

I wonder if she dresses up as Wee Jimmy.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Flatscan posted:

I wonder if she dresses up as Wee Jimmy.

This story will give rise to some awful fanfiction where Rod Hull's hand, Emu, grabs Wee Jimmy Krankie in the crotch in full costume

Though if you read that article there's a bit where the bloke Krankie says he decked Paul Daniels for being a bore :)

(then they probably all swung together with Debbie and an alsatian, and the Chuckle Brothers, etc.)

ZoDiAC_ fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 18, 2011

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
poo poo, black mirror in like 10 minutes

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Why's professor Brian's lecture on at the same time as black mirror, I'm so mad :mad:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

A5H posted:

Why's professor Brian's lecture on at the same time as black mirror, I'm so mad :mad:

Channel 4+1? or just iplayer the lecture. I'm doing that 'cause there might be BM chat on here like last time

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

"Futuristic" taxi on a £10 budget. Hahaha.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

A5H posted:

"Futuristic" taxi on a £10 budget. Hahaha.

Those Adobe After Effects licences don't pay for themselves...

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

This Black Mirror is my personal idea of hell. Because I already have a tendency to over-analyse my past actions, pretty sure an implant allowing infinite and accurate rewinds would drive me to suicide within a day.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Probably the start of a swastika. The pricks.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Well this is loving boring so far.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This guy is a total douchebag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)
This concept is pretty horrifying I will say.