Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
This is a great premise squandered on a dull middle-class drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampax
Sep 25, 2006

He appears to be enjoying it
If I have to hear "I'm staying faithful to my Cornflakes right now" again I'm going to smash something.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Popcorn posted:

This is a great premise squandered on a dull middle-class drama.

This is managing to be more horrifically embarrassing for the main guy in this than the prime minister loving a pig somehow.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It's not even a good concept though. Don't get it.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

A5H posted:

It's not even a good concept though. Don't get it.

Maybe you're right, maybe it wasn't even a good premise. I feel like it could have made an interesting murder mystery, but then it would just have been Minority Report.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah, this is weak as hell

Mogadishu
Apr 30, 2009
I'm assuming Liam's descent into madness will make this more interesting as it goes on. Bit boring so far.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It's a different beast from the previous two which were more about the (I'm so going to hell for saying this) the human condition.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

LE0N posted:

This is managing to be more horrifically embarrassing for the main guy in this than the prime minister loving a pig somehow.

His capacity for self-destruction is pretty impressive. But I'm sitting and wondering how many of my exes would be doing the exact same thing under these conditions.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
I couldn't be bothered to watch Black Mirror Part 3 and now I almost certainly won't with these descriptions. Could someone summarise it for me? :shobon:

Tampax
Sep 25, 2006

It just got slightly better.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)
I kinda like it but feel any resolution will definitely be rushed. Everything that has happened in the last 40 minutes should have happened in the first 20 minutes.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
It's definitely low key, I kinda like the premise though. Total Recall really would make people into pricks.

anyone get the feeling 15 million merits should have been the finale but they shifted it to match up with the X factor finals?

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
The way this is shot and everything makes me fee like it's going to end with Mark Corrigan waking up in a hot sweat.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Mogadishu posted:

I'm assuming Liam's descent into madness will make this more interesting as it goes on. Bit boring so far.

You posted this with about 15 minutes to actually go until the end though.

Mogadishu
Apr 30, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

You posted this with about 15 minutes to actually go until the end though.

Time does fly. Well, one out of three is... kinda mediocre.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Black Mirror - People are insecure and also terrible.

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!
Oh for god's sake, just kill your wife, kill your baby, kill whatsisface and kill yourself and let's get it over with.

Tampax
Sep 25, 2006

Gram-O-Phone posted:

Oh for god's sake, just kill your wife, kill your baby, kill whatsisface and kill yourself and let's get it over with.

I can't think of any other way for this horrible thing to end.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Maybe like he's watching it back now. WOAHHHH

Mogadishu
Apr 30, 2009
At least Merits was good.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
yeah that was toss.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

This is the least deserving "silent credits sequence" I've ever seen.

UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

How strange that nobody sees the wonder in one another
I liked it, it wasn't trying to make any grandiose points but still managed to delver a compelling story.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
That's it? No denouement?

Tampax
Sep 25, 2006

Oh no, he lost his iGrain :ohdear:

That episode had a higher cringe-per-minute factor than Jeremy Kyle.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Boring shite, liked it much better the first time when it was called Strange Days.

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!
Well, that's certainly changed my mind about getting a brain iPod installed.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)

Popcorn posted:

This is the least deserving "silent credits sequence" I've ever seen.

This.

I kinda liked it but I think it may have been wasted on being a family drama.

Edit: he should have been wandering around remembering things having murdered his family.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Gram-O-Phone posted:

Well, that's certainly changed my mind about getting a brain iPod installed.

Hahaha.

So did he kill his family or not? :mad:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
I think you guys are being a bit harsh. It's nice to see a solid literary-type SF premise explored on the small screen, there's precious little in any filmed medium. It's interesting to make connections to other stuff, written or filmed; I got a big dollop of Eternal Sunshine, a bit of Light of Other Days, some Suicide Coast, notes of half a dozen sort stories from the last few years. OK they could have done something a bit more interesting, but I thought it was pretty neat.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That was really bad. There are so many interesting things you can do with this premise and instead they wasted it on a low-key marriage breakup. Which would be fine if the other two shows hadn't set the conceptual bar so high.

Think about it. If humans had the ability to relive past memories, people would end up spending all their time enjoying old memories instead of creating new ones. That's an idea that could be developed into something moving and shocking like last week's episode but, instead, we get this.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

Yeah, wasn't really as good as last week and dwelled on things a bit, but still rather good. Could maybe have done with a sideplot, or being shortened to 45 minutes say, but still fairly gripping and I liked it.

Tampax
Sep 25, 2006

A5H posted:

Hahaha.

So did he kill his family or not? :mad:

He left it up to us to choose.

In our heads.

I chose yes.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Fatkraken posted:

I think you guys are being a bit harsh. It's nice to see a solid literary-type SF premise explored on the small screen, there's precious little in any filmed medium. It's interesting to make connections to other stuff, written or filmed; I got a big dollop of Eternal Sunshine, a bit of Light of Other Days, some Suicide Coast, notes of half a dozen sort stories from the last few years. OK they could have done something a bit more interesting, but I thought it was pretty neat.

Yeah, but just because you stopped before you made your point doesn't make you The Sopranos.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
That one had a better story and idea than "the PM loving a pig and twitter lol" , didn't help that everyone was a massive arsehole and you had no sympathy for anyone in the end.

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

Tampax posted:

He left it up to us to choose.

In our heads.

I chose yes.

Judging by the lack of blood stains and emptiness of the rooms, I think we were supposed to assume they'd just up and left him (possibly for creepy masturbating to past images guy).

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Gram-O-Phone posted:

Judging by the lack of blood stains and emptiness of the rooms, I think we were supposed to assume they'd just up and left him (possibly for creepy masturbating to past images guy).

Everything should have been covered in blood at the end. Pan out to his throat cut. PAN OUT EVEN FURTHER INTO A COURTROOM WITH THE CHIP IN A COMPUTER!!!

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I think on the whole, the Black Mirror strand was a success and I hope it comes back for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampax
Sep 25, 2006

Gram-O-Phone posted:

He was in a lovely Premier Inn or something in the final scene where he 'gouged' himself though wasn't he?

I figured he killed 'em all and went to stay at Lenny Henry's place for a bit of DIY surgery.