Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Since he said corner combos I assume he means the one where you airdash downwards after light rocket punch, hit them with j.H and then relaunch with MHS. The only thing I can suggest for that is that you need to airdash as soon as the animation for the rocket punch ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4O04Ws0ivY

As an aside, check out this guy's Morrigan play. It's kind of inspiring.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Does he have any vids against a competent opponent? The guy who was playing Jill/Nemesis/Chris had no idea what to do about trijumps and drill kick covered by a soul fist.

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Looks like just dive kicks covered by soul fists to me, unless I'm missing something.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

How the hell do you follow up after Nova's corner Rocket Punch combos? I can never seem to follow up after his Rocket Punch L with the right timing. Also, why does my combo after a forward + H relaunch sometimes let the opposing character tech out?

My nova corner bnb is this.

(jL, 2l/jh) 2m 2h s, jm jh j214l air dash down jh, h s, jm jh j214l air dash down jh j623pp mash.

The trick to hitting the jH's after the air rocket punches to is wait until the enemy falls to just below Nova before doing your air dash. Ideally you want to hit the jH after the air dash down as close to the ground as you can.

It's not a hard combo, but you will need to practice it a bit and work on your timing a little before you have it down perfectly.

Also, bonus points; if you do the final jH as close to the ground as possible you can jump up after the super to do an air grab reset, or just drop the super and either fly or jump back up for the reset.

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009
Does anyone have the link that Zero video from vanilla from that tournament in I think London where Zero was constantly snapping people in?

Koolin
Mar 27, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wi4QYInDKY

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

bouncyman posted:

Does anyone have the link that Zero video from vanilla from that tournament in I think London where Zero was constantly snapping people in?
You are planning on running Gene, Leon, Demitri on H&H aren't you?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Sufficient posted:

Looks like just dive kicks covered by soul fists to me, unless I'm missing something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjMBerADoA

Maximillian liked this clip enough to put in one of his Online Warrior videos but maybe I'm too scrubby to even know what's good or bad play at this point :(

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms
It just seems like stuff my mates would fall for when I play against them. We're all not very good compared to guys on Sp00ky and LU|L.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Is there a "right" way to hold a stick? UMVC3 marks the first game I've ever gone out and bought a stick for and I haven't seen many good people play in real life, so I'm thinking I might be holding it wrong. Is it better to keep it between your fingers in some fashion? I usually just rest my palm on the top of ball. Is this a bad way to go about it?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Is there a "right" way to hold a stick? UMVC3 marks the first game I've ever gone out and bought a stick for and I haven't seen many good people play in real life, so I'm thinking I might be holding it wrong. Is it better to keep it between your fingers in some fashion? I usually just rest my palm on the top of ball. Is this a bad way to go about it?

There's no "right" way to do it, just do whatever is most comfortable but allows you to execute all moves with ease. I personally hold the actual stick part in between my ring and pinky fingers, which is great except for when I'm on the 2nd player side and it makes DP motions difficult so I really need to either practice a lot or change methods.

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

You get the best execution by using the "Daigo grip" but there are plenty of top players who do whatever feels the most comfortable.

The Daigo grip is putting the stick between your pinky and ring fingers and then cupping your fingers around the bottom of the ball. Basically you're using your pinky and ring fingers to do most of the work and it minimizes "side preference", meaning it should be almost as easy to do QCF and DP motions on either side.

It takes some getting used to but I find it makes my execution a lot more precise.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.
Keep your wrists straight otherwise they'll probably start to hurt after a bit of playtime

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

Chocolate America posted:

Basically you're using your pinky and ring fingers to do most of the work and it minimizes "side preference", meaning it should be almost as easy to do QCF and DP motions on either side.

This. I used to follow the advice of "just use what is most natural and comfortable" and it resulted in a very loose grip that made 1P side stuff more difficult.

edit- (I still use the loose, open grip with charge characters in other games)

And learning with a new grip can take some time because you are basically throwing a bunch of your muscle memory in the garbage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRnfXzax94c#t=06m40s is the video where Daigo shows his grip EDIT- FIXED I HAD THE WRONG ONE

40 OZ fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 19, 2011

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Like other people have mentioned, you want to have your fingers do most of the work on the stick not your wrist.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003
edit- whoops dbl post

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Don't hold your wrist/hand up in the air either, you need to keep your wrist anchored.

Wrist anchored and do the work with your fingers.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Aw, just noticed that the intro of the game only plays the shortened version, and not the full one. :( Unless I'm missing something.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Heroes and Heralds patch is live. Phoenix Wright lost invincibility on Turnabout assists. Went from near-useless gimmick to outright useless.

duffath
May 9, 2007

My name is Legion for we are many.
Is there a changelog anywhere?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

duffath posted:

Is there a changelog anywhere?

Absolutely not.

duffath
May 9, 2007

My name is Legion for we are many.
I suspected as much but just wanted to confirm there was none. Sadly I don't have time to go test the throw anytime glitch and wesker to see if any of that has changed because I'm about to leave and drive home for christmas Woop Woop!

Ambisagrus
Jun 27, 2008

i am only a man
I did a quick test with the Ms. Marvel card on my usual team mirrored in training mode. The damage reflect seems to be enough that it's pretty substantial... eyeing it, it seems to be around 30% or so?

Here's a kinda big screenshot of the health bars and damage counter. This was just after a quick L M H c.H S M M H S combo with Joe.

After a quick skim through the new stuff I'm not seeing any kind of online lobbies or anything. Looks like it's just matchmaking or nothing. Can't say I'm too pleased with that!

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Heroes and Heralds is the loving most amazing thing and Capcom is retarded for not including offline versus mode support for it because IT'S SO GOOD.

Multiple Man + Cyclops + Stephen =
MANGO SENTINEL RIDES AGAIN

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
Downed a few hours in HnH and I swear, once I put on nick fury, I get nothing but hulkbuster armor for a cards! Pretty neat stuff otherwise, though I have no clue what deck I want to build.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Broken Loose posted:

Heroes and Heralds patch is live. Phoenix Wright lost invincibility on Turnabout assists. Went from near-useless gimmick to outright useless.

Yup, he's dead as a character now. Gotta find a new dude for my keepaway team.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Broken Loose posted:

This is going to be a long workday...

:allears:

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

flatluigi posted:

Absolutely not.

Never change, Capcom. :patriot:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Capcom why do you have to make Fate of the Earth one of the bonus stages you loving cockteases, just add it to the stage select already :(

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Broken Loose posted:

:smith: I hope they drastically increased his Turnabout time or something to compensate...

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Welp, I 'beat' H&H mode as the Heroes, good fun was had all round.

The deck I'm using for now is:
Red Hulk (X-Factor level 3 attack power at all times but no life/HC gauge visible)
Jin Saotome (Increased duration of X-Factor)
Mandarin (Hyper Combo auto-regen)

ABCSABCS is usually a TOD combo :hehe:

Kempo
Oct 8, 2006

Ugh that was honestly the only good thing about Wright. They probably gave his turnabout assist invincibility to no-glasses Wesker.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Boxman posted:

Never change, Capcom. :patriot:

I wonder if there's some weird cultural thing between Japanese and Western game companies when it comes to patching. Now, I'm not saying Western companies aren't terrible with patching, but at least there's usually communication in the sense of "We know what's wrong/broken, and it'll be fixed...sometime... in the future." where at least they're listening to feedback.

With Japanese companies, not just Capcom, there's more of a we'll-never-patch this, or we'll-patch-this-our-way-with-random stuff and no changelog, kind of deal.

It kinda brought up memories of Chromehounds where the patches seemed to swing in wild directions in terms of balancing the game, and I was confused half the time why a big change was implemented.

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
Just got my first rage quit in H&H and didn't get a card. That could be a problem.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
When it comes to balancing, the only change noted so far is that Phoenix Wright's assists are no longer invincible in Turnabout Mode. Phoenix Wright also had a voice change, he now says "Take that!" instead of "Take this!", mirroring fan demand. Also Maya's Shield comes out faster giving him more protection during evidence gathering.

(event hubs)

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Ambisagrus posted:

I did a quick test with the Ms. Marvel card on my usual team mirrored in training mode. The damage reflect seems to be enough that it's pretty substantial... eyeing it, it seems to be around 30% or so?

Here's a kinda big screenshot of the health bars and damage counter. This was just after a quick L M H c.H S M M H S combo with Joe.

After a quick skim through the new stuff I'm not seeing any kind of online lobbies or anything. Looks like it's just matchmaking or nothing. Can't say I'm too pleased with that!

Where exactly is the H&H training mode? I can't find it

e; and I literally find it 10 seconds after posting what a surprise

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
In regarding the patch, it looks like Hulks infinite is gone as well. Apparently there are rumors of Spencer and Taskmaster nerfs but of course nobody loving knows because Capcom hates patch notes or something.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Edit: haha, I just noticed that was in the wrong thread. Nevermind.

Dias fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
I love the speed-up card. Returns Magneto to his former glory and gives Thor the speed I always wanted him to have <3

• Locked thread