Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Gnome de plume posted:

It's also worth noting Terezi's description of Death pretty much fits Lord English, having the handmaid and all.

Yes which would mean Lord English is death in their mythology. The handmaid thing kind of gives it away and during Scratch's narration he says that she figures into troll history as someone who comes along to gently caress things up during crucial moments in history, thus turning them into violent psychos. Though how they know that English stands behind her when she's doing all the dirty work is anybody's guess. Then Terezi just has to drive it home by saying Aradia would make a great handmaid to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh god that was great. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

E: So, Sollux is just...alive again I guess. He's been killed three times, so I guess you might as well chalk it up to him having four lives (two real bodies somehow and two dreamselves) rather than just three (one real body and two dreamselves).

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Dec 19, 2011

tabris
Feb 17, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I've been looking forward to a real kid/troll meeting for so long, and Hussie sure delivers. :allears:

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

E: So, Sollux is just...alive again I guess. He's been killed three times, so I guess you might as well chalk it up to him having four lives (two real bodies somehow and two dreamselves) rather than just three (one real body and two dreamselves).

One of those dead Solluxes broke out of his dream bubble or something.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

HappyKitty posted:

One of those dead Solluxes broke out of his dream bubble or something.
Yeah but that's weird, it's like he gained an extra life by doing that. Well, if Problem Sleuth is anything to go off of maybe that's not so strange... Better to not overthink it.

I get the feeling the next few updates, as Kanaya, Gamzee, and Karkat interject more often, are going to be magical :allears:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

tinaun posted:

I believe this is relevant.

Gonna need a source on this, goddamn.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Renaissance Robot posted:

Gonna need a source on this, goddamn.

http://madammonkey.tumblr.com/post/12149770779

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Nate RFB posted:

So, Sollux is just...alive again I guess. He's been killed three times, so I guess you might as well chalk it up to him having four lives (two real bodies somehow and two dreamselves) rather than just three (one real body and two dreamselves).

No, he has been killed twice. And since we don't know how having two dreamselves works, it is entirely possible some fuckery with that would let him still exist in the physical world, having left his dreambubble with the last of the dreamself bodies.

MrBims fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 19, 2011

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

MrBims posted:

No, he has been killed twice.
-Vast Glub
-Prospit Dreamself killed by Jack (this is an assumption but where else would it go?)
-Piloting the meteor

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nate RFB posted:

Sollux is weird.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Nate RFB posted:

-Prospit Dreamself killed by Jack (this is an assumption but where else would it go?)

For all we know, that dreamself stopped existing the way it should when he became his Derse dreamself. Like how everyones' dreamselves disappear into thin air when they wake up, but rather than going back to their room on the moon, became a kind of 'reserve' body. We have no frame of reference as to what happens when you have a dreamself as a dreamself except for him, who is existing as someone who just left the afterlife and is interacting with the physical realm.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
Please please please let the next panel be a callback to http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005572

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So the real question is, if this Sollux goes adventuring with everyone, what will he see when he goes to sleep, considering he left his dreambubble?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

JT Jag posted:

So the real question is, if this Sollux goes adventuring with everyone, what will he see when he goes to sleep, considering he left his dreambubble?
Some serious poo poo.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Every time Sollux dies another possible Sollux is made so he never loses his two things gimmick and never stops being doomed, being the mage of doom and all. Can't be doomed if you are dead.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It's a crazy long-shot, but... you think throwing all the corpses into the Green Sun is going to matter at all, or they just dumping the bodies?

As a variation on the "turning evil!!!!1" theory that keeps getting thrown at the wall, I've been thinking how interesting it might be if the dead characters came back as antagonists or obstacles in some way. Might be interesting if Lord English made them the new Felt, or something like that. I don't know, just spitballing wildly over here.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Every time Sollux dies another possible Sollux is made so he never loses his two things gimmick and never stops being doomed, being the mage of doom and all. Can't be doomed if you are dead.
I'm actually really fond of this interpretation of Sollux' character. I hope Hussie reads it.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

You know, I really wouldn't mind if my eventual funeral was referred to as a "corpse party".

I mean, you want your friends and family to get together and remember the good times, not feel sad about your passing, ideally.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Dolash posted:

It's a crazy long-shot, but... you think throwing all the corpses into the Green Sun is going to matter at all, or they just dumping the bodies?

*guitar sting*

Bobulus posted:

You know, I really wouldn't mind if my eventual funeral was referred to as a "corpse party".

I mean, you want your friends and family to get together and remember the good times, not feel sad about your passing, ideally.

I think it's like this in some some Eastern cultures.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I kinda hope the next panel is just Gamzee bludgeoning Dave to death, even though he's my favorite character, and everyone just shrugs and waits for him to come back to life since getting cudgeled by a juggalo is probably the least heroic or just death ever.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I could see someone finagling that as 'just' under the whole 'showed Gamzee the MiRaClEs video- inspired mass muder' clause. It's sure as hell not likely but I'd be hedging my bets.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Bobulus posted:

If you remember this long enough to have your own funeral referred to as a corpse party, Homestuck will have stood the test of time as a legitimately good and interesting work that people will still care about long after it's over.

Or you'll be a humongous nerd, who is also a corpse. Seriously this would probably be even worse than having "Here Lies Bobulus, He Never Scored" written on your gravestone. And even if it wasn't it would still be basically terrible on account of it being a party of one, unless you were super lucky enough to die in a trainwreck with all your best friends or something.

e/ ahahahahaha

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Renaissance Robot posted:

Or you'll be a humongous nerd, who is also a corpse. Seriously this would probably be even worse than having "Here Lies Bobulus, He Never Scored" written on your gravestone. And even if it wasn't it would still be basically terrible on account of it being a party of one, unless you were super lucky enough to die in a trainwreck with all your best friends or something.
Your funeral is at a bowling alley. A woman points at your picture and shouts "gently caress THIS guy." Then right on cue, thirteen ugly children roll gutterballs.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

Please please please let the next panel be a callback to http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005572

Only if the bucket turns out to be the most powerful weapon they can ever hope to see from the bucketKind strife specibus.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Yeah, he has to keep dying, not just be dead. But of course once he realizes that then he'll no longer be doomed and then will die for realz.

I figure that his half-dead/half-alive thing will mean he has some weird connection to the dream bubbles. Like, maybe he can see ghosts or something, or hear dead people, or the sorts of stuff he could do before but even moreso now. And, like, how Aradia was always depressed, he'll kinda just be depressed half of the time? You know, like he's bi-polar or something.

Anyhoo, that meeting was fantastic, everyone was out in full force and full crazy, as though this wasn't the first time they'd all met. I think as soon as Rose responded to the corpse party thing I knew whatever she said would be bullshit and it just made me so happy. She really is one of my favorite characters <3

This was as good as I'd been hoping, and Karkat at the end really cinched it. Glorious.

e: ^^^^^^ Oh God, bucketKind. That is what Lord English uses.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think it's cool that Sollux is alive again, though. He was always kind of a minor troll and he never interacted with the kids, and I always felt there was some lost potential there as he didn't really feel like a "gimmick" the way Eridan or Nepata or the other minor trolls were. He has a lot of interesting characterizations and I'd love to see him talk to Dave for example.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Clearly everyone needs to ride in the bucket back in time to 2000 AD to confront the world-destroying time-warping demon.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

And yeah I didn't want Sollux to die either (he's my patron troll), he's got too much unexplored character left to go. I was pretty sure he wasn't going to be dead dead, like out of the story dead, with that meteor-moving bit, but a lot of people seemed to forget the one floating next to Aradia...

Oh! I bet he has vision two-fold again, one eye sees the living and the other sees the dead. Or something.

Starmaker fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Dec 19, 2011

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Starmaker posted:

I think as soon as Rose responded to the corpse party thing I knew whatever she said would be bullshit and it just made me so happy. She really is one of my favorite characters <3

The best part about that is Dave's reaction to the whole thing.

update posted:

DAVE: hahaha oh god
[...]
DAVE: oh my god we are never going to stop loving with each other are we
DAVE: even without computers

Magical. Everything about these intermission updates featuring the kids and trolls is magical. :allears:

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010

VJeff posted:

Uhhhhhhh.

There is pretty much no possible way Hussie /isn't/ going to go carrot-and-stick with the shippers the way they're chomping at the bit (and other equestrian metaphors).

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am sorry if this has already been pointed out and/or if I am missing something obvious, but what are Feferi's goggles doing on the floor?

Duskfiend
Apr 5, 2011

Awwwk! Awwwk!

Unlucky7 posted:

I am sorry if this has already been pointed out and/or if I am missing something obvious, but what are Feferri's goggles doing on the floor?

All I remember is that Sollux was wearing them. Maybe they were a gift?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

I am sorry if this has already been pointed out and/or if I am missing something obvious, but what are Feferri's goggles doing on the floor?
Dead Sollux has been wearing them around.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Unlucky7 posted:

Sollux was wearing them on the meteor, they popped off when he did the psychic thing.

E:FBx2 COMBOB!!

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
I'm laughing so drat hard at Karkat. The dialogue really just keeps getting better since the beginning of act 6, really.

Robo Pope
Jul 17, 2004

I AM THE POPE, DO AS I SAY.
I knew what was coming with the sunglasses bit, but that panel just loving kills me.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Those are equius' right?

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Fat_Cow posted:

Those are equius' right?

Yep.

Edit: Avatar

Vaah fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Dec 19, 2011

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Goddamn, I love Karkat so much. :allears:

Dialoglogs the best logs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

quote:

KARKAT: DON'T YOU START WITH ME
KARKAT: DO. NOT. START WITH ME.
KARKAT: I WILL GET YOU IN A HEADLOCK SO TIGHT IT WILL BE A MIRACLE IF PEOPLE DON'T MISTAKE OUR TUSSLE FOR AN ILL CONCEIVED VENTRILOQUIST ACT.
KARKAT: I WILL SHOOSH YOU AGAIN, SO HELP ME GOD. I WILL SHOOSH YOUR CLOWN rear end TO SHAGRI-BULLSHIT-LA AND BACK, AND FILL YOUR EAR WITH MY WHITE HOT PALEBRO SPITTLE.
KARKAT: I AM FULL AND loving WELL PREPARED TO GET CONCILIATORY WITH YOU AGAIN IF YOU SO MUCH AS PASS GAS MURDEROUSLY, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
KARKAT: IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT??? DO I NEED TO CALM YOUR FAYGO-STICKY TENTSQUATTING poo poo DOWN AGAIN????

I don't know if this makes Karkat the best or the worst moirail.