Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Mechanical keyboards for all!

Also cyborgs rule the earth :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Dogen posted:

Mechanical keyboards for all!

Also cyborgs rule the earth :(

This is terrifyingly accurate!

We ended up giving gifts early as my sister is home this week, but has to work Christmas weekend which is too bad, so we made it work.

Question for you seasoned vets of mechanical keyboards: Are they all really heavily? This keyboard is probably 3 times as heavy as my 1st Generation Logitech G15 and I find myself really liking it. I'm a huge fan of rhythm action games and the feel, the feedback and the noise it makes is all so perfect for it. I'm so excited to bring this back home.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
Getting an iMac soon, the question has probably been asked a hundred time, but is there a mechanical keyboard made specifically for macs? With the option/command keys and hotkeys on F1-F12?

Ideally it would be good looking not to break my fabulous aluminum and black glass style!!! :downs: Price doesn't really matters and I don't want a Das or a Matias.

Edit: actually if there were custom keycaps for command/option/hotkeys for a Leopold or a Filco that would be perfect!
Edit2: Just emailed WASD to ask if they'd be interested in offering a Mac specific layout with hotkeys icons.

Olivil fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 18, 2011

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast
WASD will let you put whatever the gently caress you want on the keys, as always, but it certainly breaks your aluminium and black glass styling.

No idea.

Edit: oh, you edited, so I have to edit. In that case, my answer only subtly changes: buy yourself a Filco or Leopold and buy the additional keys from WASD.

Your problem isn't getting the symbols on there (some guy earlier wanted Mac keys and couldn't see the option, I found the symbols by getting creative in Wingdings), but matching the keys perfectly to the existing Filco or Leopold keys.

I guess you could spring for a full WASD set to make that point moot, but at that point you're spending quite a bit of money.

Double Edit:

Me, several pages ago posted:

In Wingdings 3, U is ⌥
In Wingdings, z is ⌘

Triple Edit: I could probably do all this for you by setting the layout up, but I can't imagine it will be too difficult (if you really can't find a specific icon, you can always send the guy an image of the key). It's also definitely possible:- have a look at this link http://www.clingmarks.com/custom-mac-mechanical-keyboard-lets-have-some-fun/893

Another few things to note, the font closest to the one you want is definitely Futura.

Yet another edit: vvv No problem. Their keyboard designer is ridiculously flexible. Just make sure to note the difference between engraved and etched keys before you pull the trigger!

HalloKitty fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Dec 18, 2011

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
Great buddy I'll have a go, will post results :)

Edit: Actually, will probably end up buying a WASD with iindigo's layout, it looks super slick and is pretty much exactly what I was looking for, Thanks!

Olivil fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Dec 18, 2011

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
There are actually keyboards with a more proper Mac-layout (split + key to fit in = on numpad, no context menu key) if you need it but that's a minor concern.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
I've hit up the Filco distributor and the Leopold distributor to make a legit native Mac keyboard, even in a short run funded via a kickstarter, with no luck.

I'm willing to front money or do a kickstarter or whatever to get something native, but no one seems to want to help me get started. Any ideas?

DEUCE SLUICE fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 19, 2011

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

~Coxy posted:

There are actually keyboards with a more proper Mac-layout (split + key to fit in = on numpad, no context menu key) if you need it but that's a minor concern.

I'm pretty sure he was also looking for suggestions like that - I'm not aware of any other than the Matias Pro. Maybe you should chime in if you've seen them..

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

The UniComp Mac version has a split + and Fn instead of Context.
I think the Razer Mac Editions are the same but it's hard to find pics of the whole thing of the Mac version. And also being Razer it's hard to recommend something that won't last long.
Finally, you can use an iMate ADB-USB converter with an Apple Extended Keyboard.

Edit: I would be in for any grassroots project to get a proper Mac keyboard layout, as long as it had dedicated media keys.
This might be why there's not one yet - too many differing opinions.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I was hoping wasdkeyboards would add mine to the gallery, because I stink at taking detail pictures with my phone and don't have a better camera.

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/custom-designer/?k=1&s=a43fc3d27915b373b163da088684d4a9

I've had this for almost 2 months now, and love it. I'd only used Cherry Blue and Black prior to owning this, and would never use them again as Brown is perfect to me. I picked the colors for easiest clarity at night: white+printed for the keys I remember least, yellow+printed on the number row, and everything else is either etched or blank. The underscore etching on F+J is unnecessary; those keys now have two uneven notches, but it's not distracting by touch nor visually.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

~Coxy posted:

Edit: I would be in for any grassroots project to get a proper Mac keyboard layout, as long as it had dedicated media keys.
This might be why there's not one yet - too many differing opinions.

What I want, and what I've seen asked for in the past, is a tenkeyless like a Filco or Leopold, with a layout like the Unicomp (although I'd probably leave Insert in the normal place and move eject to the F13-F15 row.)

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I had gotten a steelseries 7G after blizzcon with a very very nice discount that knocked it down to $99 shipped. Fast forward and today and the keyboard itself just failed after a mere six weeks of use.

Has anyone else had one of these and had issues with it? I know the RMA process means I'll get a replacement but I'm a bit gun shy considering the circumstances.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

What I want, and what I've seen asked for in the past, is a tenkeyless like a Filco or Leopold, with a layout like the Unicomp (although I'd probably leave Insert in the normal place and move eject to the F13-F15 row.)

The leopold tenkeyless has this layout I think. Here's a link: http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,tenkeyless&pid=fc200rtab

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

Not with legit Mac keys it doesn't.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

As a writer by trade and a gamer by habit, I burn through keyboards pretty quickly - specifically, MS Naturals. I've moved from the Pro to the 4k over the years, but I'm honestly getting tired of the build quality.

I've gone through three 4000s in the last few years, and all of them have developed an annoying spacebar problem fairly quickly (noise, hard to push, hard to register, or some combination of the three).

On top of that, while I simply can't comfortably use a normal layout keyboard, I've realized that I _can_ use laptop keyboards very comfortably, which strikes me as odd, but thinking about it, I realized it's probably down to the resistance (or lack thereof) on the laptop keyboards.

So my question - is there any ergonomic keyboard out there that has buttons similar to a laptop keyboard (very low resistance/low in 'height' compared to the 4k), but still has an ergonomic layout?

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

How ergonomic? Something like the Microsoft Comfort Curve or Arc?

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

victrix posted:

On top of that, while I simply can't comfortably use a normal layout keyboard, I've realized that I _can_ use laptop keyboards very comfortably, which strikes me as odd, but thinking about it, I realized it's probably down to the resistance (or lack thereof) on the laptop keyboards.

Re: natural layouts, I thought this for years as well. I used Logitech's natural layout keyboard and thought I could never go back. I used one at work to write code, and one at home to play Starcraft on. Eventually, the Starcraft habit got the better of me, and I got a standard-layout mechanical.

I realize your opinions are different to mine, but if you are fine with laptop keys, give a standard-layout board with cherry mx brown switches a try. They're very light, like a laptop board, but feel much better. The key travel is greater, but the resistance is barely there.

If you really need that sort of layout, there's TrulyErgonomic and Kenesis. They're expensive, but they'll last a lot longer.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

How ergonomic? Something like the Microsoft Comfort Curve or Arc?

Hit up best buy earlier to check these out, the Arc I can't do because I need a full size keyboard with numpad, the Comfort Curve has terribly lovely function keys :( Too bad, the buttons felt okish otherwise.

glompix posted:

I realize your opinions are different to mine, but if you are fine with laptop keys, give a standard-layout board with cherry mx brown switches a try. They're very light, like a laptop board, but feel much better. The key travel is greater, but the resistance is barely there.

If you really need that sort of layout, there's TrulyErgonomic and Kenesis. They're expensive, but they'll last a lot longer.

It's not just a preference thing, it's a physical thing - I was getting carpal bad with regular keyboards, the natural made that pain go away completely, so I'm very leery about switching back.

But if light mechanical switches are indeed as soft as a laptop kb, I'll give one a shot.

I tried a Kinesis in the past, if its the one I remember, it had the crazy indented key layout, and it was pure crap for gaming (and felt weird otherwise, no idea how ergo it really is).

The truly ergo looks downright weird with the layout, no way I could buy one without testing it first, and I'm skeptical - I use all of the function keys, and 'right side' keys on the natural with regularity (heavy word/excel usage), their placement on that kb looks pretty bad.

I wish ergo keyboards would stop trying to place all of the extra keys on a kb in really random locations, they often get the letters just right, but then the rest makes it fall apart under real world pc usage.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Ugh I really want to buy another mechanical but with blues, I'm a shopaholic and I should have seen this coming.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Ugh I really want to buy another mechanical but with blues, I'm a shopaholic and I should have seen this coming.

Check SA-Mart and geek-hack classifieds thoroughly, I can't be the only one who bought 3 boards to pick the one I liked best. I'm pretty sure most people don't like blues the best, just saying.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

victrix posted:

Hit up best buy earlier to check these out, the Arc I can't do because I need a full size keyboard with numpad, the Comfort Curve has terribly lovely function keys :( Too bad, the buttons felt okish otherwise.

It's not just a preference thing, it's a physical thing - I was getting carpal bad with regular keyboards, the natural made that pain go away completely, so I'm very leery about switching back.

But if light mechanical switches are indeed as soft as a laptop kb, I'll give one a shot.

I tried a Kinesis in the past, if its the one I remember, it had the crazy indented key layout, and it was pure crap for gaming (and felt weird otherwise, no idea how ergo it really is).

The truly ergo looks downright weird with the layout, no way I could buy one without testing it first, and I'm skeptical - I use all of the function keys, and 'right side' keys on the natural with regularity (heavy word/excel usage), their placement on that kb looks pretty bad.

I wish ergo keyboards would stop trying to place all of the extra keys on a kb in really random locations, they often get the letters just right, but then the rest makes it fall apart under real world pc usage.
Look at the previous page. I am in the same boat as you, I love my MS 4k, but the buttons feel crap and it doesn't last long.
This is the closest alternative
http://www.trulyergonomic.com/index.html
but I guess its not out yet, and it also doesn't have the raised center like the 4k does.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

See, I knew about that keyboard for a while, and I love the idea, but I'm not going to buy another keyboard with QWERTY hard-baked into the keycaps. I also wouldn't buy the blank one because my muscle memory has no time to adapt from many, many years of normal layout use.

If they offered it with WASD style customisation, then I'd probably be seriously thinking about it. It seems like an entirely lost market to me. If someone super-cares about ergonomic keyboards, then they probably already are using an alternate layout, since just switching away from QWERTY stops your fingers from doing a marathon every few seconds, but they don't offer it that way. Oh well.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Try the Kinesis Maxim or Freestyle, and a seperate numpad.
The freestyle is a mostly normal layout (everything is where you expect, but extra shortcut keys on the left and a condensed layout on the right side. Both sides are attached together with either an 8 or 20 inch cable, and it's very ergonomic. Uses rubber domes, and is NKRO.
The maxim has an adjustable split layout, more traditional than the freestyle, macro keys on the left, and a weird 2x3 shortcut key block instead of the more normal 3x2. Also rubber dome, and NKRO.

Other ergo options:
- Northgate evolution. Mostly normal layout, ALPS switches, AT connector, huge enter key. Not that difficult to find, and not that expensive either.
- Cherry made a kinesis maxim styled board. Called the ergoplus, or the G80-5000. Adjustable split, MX Brown, weird 2x3 shortcut key block.
- UTRON. Think kinesis freestyle, with a semi-modified layout (more for Japanese users), Topre switches, and an astronomical pricetag.
- Datahand. This isn't really a keyboard. This is just nuts. Take out a second mortgage.
- IBM M15. Buckling spring meets fully adjustable. No windows keys, usual 2KRO, semi-modified layout, and holy gently caress is it hard to find. a NIB one went for over $1200 recently.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Hey, has anybody dealt with thoroughly cleaning a Logitech G13 Gamepad before? I picked one up about five months ago from a second hand electronics shop, and while it works great it's always been a little on the dusty side. I'm going to be giving my Logitech K120 (fifteen dollar) keyboard tonight since my cat helped me spill a Pepsi on it, and I figured it may be a good time to clear out some of the grime that may be there from past users.

My plan with the K120 is to pull the screws and give the top shell a good, thorough soak in hot soapy water to dissolve the sugar off of everything, then let it air dry over night. I've read on Logitech's forums that you can pop the top shell of the G13 off and clean in much the same way, but I'm more wary considering this is a $60 dollar replacement that I'll have to order in versus $15 and a trip to Futureshop. Would this be okay, or should I just let sleeping dirt lie?

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

i am tim! posted:

Hey, has anybody dealt with thoroughly cleaning a Logitech G13 Gamepad before? I picked one up about five months ago from a second hand electronics shop, and while it works great it's always been a little on the dusty side. I'm going to be giving my Logitech K120 (fifteen dollar) keyboard tonight since my cat helped me spill a Pepsi on it, and I figured it may be a good time to clear out some of the grime that may be there from past users.

My plan with the K120 is to pull the screws and give the top shell a good, thorough soak in hot soapy water to dissolve the sugar off of everything, then let it air dry over night. I've read on Logitech's forums that you can pop the top shell of the G13 off and clean in much the same way, but I'm more wary considering this is a $60 dollar replacement that I'll have to order in versus $15 and a trip to Futureshop. Would this be okay, or should I just let sleeping dirt lie?

I've always heard you can clean standard keyboards in the dishwasher, once you take the guts out and turn off the heat dry cycle.

http://www.howtogeek.com/65915/how-to-clean-your-filthy-keyboard-in-the-dishwasher-without-ruining-it/

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

glompix posted:

I've always heard you can clean standard keyboards in the dishwasher, once you take the guts out and turn off the heat dry cycle.

http://www.howtogeek.com/65915/how-to-clean-your-filthy-keyboard-in-the-dishwasher-without-ruining-it/

You can, because when you remove the guts it's literally just a couple of hunks of plastic that can get as wet as it wants. My only problem is that I don't have a dishwasher in my apartment, so a hot soak in the kitchen sink followed by a hot rinse with the shower head is the best I can manage.

EDIT: Just for future ference, this worked like a charm. It's a pretty easy way to do it if you don't have a dishwasher. I just left it in a stopped up sink with some dish-soap in hot water for about 30 minutes, taking a second or two to kind of shake it in the water now and again. When I finished, I held it under the shower head with hot water until it was good and rinced and let it sit on top of the fridge over towels to dry over night. Brand-spanking new, or at least the top part is. The bottom has some pop stuck on the underside, but I can take a wet towel to that and get it off. It's a pretty superficial thing.

As for the G13, i didn't end up touching it. I couldn't find any screws or anything on the outside that are holding anything on. There's some slots on the side along the seam that may be prying points, but I'd rather not test this theory until I can find a disassembly guide. Or I won't bother. The G13 is not too bad, just a little dusty under the keys that I can see.

i am tim! fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Dec 23, 2011

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Is there a consensus on the best keyboard for a business setting where you are doing a lot of typing thought the workday? Programmable buttons that open user set programs would be nice. I'd like to spend less than $75, and would prefer to buy from Newegg. Any recommendations?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Depends if by business setting you mean an office full of passive-aggressive middle agers who can't handle the glorious sound of thundering mechanical keys.

The old Dell OEM keyboard is a rather decent rubber dome that has media keys and a whole bunch of "multimedia" buttons to open programs with.

If you can go for a mechanical then I'd look into one of those. Unfortunately it's doubtful you'll get many extra buttons since most "enthusiasts" seem to demand impractically minimalist layouts but you can look into "gamer" products. Won't be $75 though.

~Coxy fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 21, 2011

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

eightysixed posted:

Is there a consensus on the best keyboard for a business setting where you are doing a lot of typing thought the workday? Programmable buttons that open user set programs would be nice. I'd like to spend less than $75, and would prefer to buy from Newegg. Any recommendations?

Don't forget about your own key preferences. Losers Some people like linear switches, while others like tactile switches.

If you are only typing, the IBM Model M is your top choice. It's loud as hell though. Unicomp makes buckling spring boards too, almost identical (some would say identical) to the old IBM boards. Unicomp boards start at $80.
There is also a clicky+tactile alps board. I find these are almost as good as buckling spring for typing. The top choices here are the Ducky 1008XM and the 10keyless Ducky 1087XM, both with Green alps switches. They're $50 shipped from pchome.
Then, there is cherry. They make a variety of switches, but the best for typing is the MX Blue. The best place to find a blue board is in the Rosewill RK-9000. It's usually $99 but with some deals. I've seen it as low as $79 with a $20 gift card. Identical build quality to a Filco.

Shadaez
Dec 19, 2011
I have a Ducky tenkeyless with blues, I love it. I kinda wish I went with a different tactile switch, though.

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

hmm, what do you currently have? Sorry if I just missed it.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Shadaez posted:

I have a Ducky tenkeyless with blues, I love it. I kinda wish I went with a different tactile switch, though.

Why a different switch? Just got my first mechanical (blues) and I love it. Interested to feel what the differences are like, but I have nothing but love for my board.

Shadaez
Dec 19, 2011

Moey posted:

Why a different switch? Just got my first mechanical (blues) and I love it. Interested to feel what the differences are like, but I have nothing but love for my board.

Mostly gaming related. I'd just like to see how different it is, really.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.
I recently bought a Steelseries 6Gv2, and I kind of loving hate it. I miss the click of my Razer Blackwidow, but I don't miss the bullshit extra buttons and glowy gamer features.

I'm pretty much sold on the Leopold Tactile Click, but not sure if the blank keys Otaku version would be a total mindfuck or not. Any anecdotal evidence on how it affects things like password entry and terminal work?

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

Gorilla Salsa posted:

I recently bought a Steelseries 6Gv2, and I kind of loving hate it. I miss the click of my Razer Blackwidow, but I don't miss the bullshit extra buttons and glowy gamer features.

I'm pretty much sold on the Leopold Tactile Click, but not sure if the blank keys Otaku version would be a total mindfuck or not. Any anecdotal evidence on how it affects things like password entry and terminal work?

I wouldn't get the leopold for 3 reasons:
1. The Rosewill RK-9000 at newegg can usually be found for cheaper (regularly $99 + "free" $20 gift card)
2. The rosewill uses Costar stabilizers, while the leopold uses Cherry style stabilizers. That means on keys like backspace, enter, and shift, it feels like absolute mush when you bottom out. Your steelseries uses cherry style stabilizers, while your black widow uses costar style stabilizers. Another choice may be the Das, it comes in "otaku" style blank keys, and uses costar stabilizers as well.
3. Newegg's return policy is much better than elitekeyboards

As for password entry and terminal work: It's a bitch for a little while until you learn where all the keys are.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Gorilla Salsa posted:

That's exactly what I got. I love the blank keycaps. I really don't have a problem with passwords or anything at work, I don't have to type in anything too cryptic though. Biggest thing to get used to is remembering !@#$%^&*. For the most part I know where they are, but occasionally will screw up with something. After using it for a few weeks now, I will never go back to poo poo non mechanical again. I thought I would miss the 10 key, but it's not bad without it. And the keyboard looks badass.

Once I get my desk at home setup, absolutely ordering another one. I would like to try the a few other types of switches in person, but I think they blues are for me. Click clack!

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

jwoven posted:

I wouldn't get the leopold for 3 reasons:
1. The Rosewill RK-9000 at newegg can usually be found for cheaper (regularly $99 + "free" $20 gift card)
2. The rosewill uses Costar stabilizers, while the leopold uses Cherry style stabilizers. That means on keys like backspace, enter, and shift, it feels like absolute mush when you bottom out. Your steelseries uses cherry style stabilizers, while your black widow uses costar style stabilizers. Another choice may be the Das, it comes in "otaku" style blank keys, and uses costar stabilizers as well.
3. Newegg's return policy is much better than elitekeyboards

As for password entry and terminal work: It's a bitch for a little while until you learn where all the keys are.

I had considered the Das, but thought that the same thing could be had for cheaper with the Leopold. I'll probably go Das, then.

Moey posted:

That's exactly what I got. I love the blank keycaps. I really don't have a problem with passwords or anything at work, I don't have to type in anything too cryptic though. Biggest thing to get used to is remembering !@#$%^&*. For the most part I know where they are, but occasionally will screw up with something. After using it for a few weeks now, I will never go back to poo poo non mechanical again. I thought I would miss the 10 key, but it's not bad without it. And the keyboard looks badass.

Once I get my desk at home setup, absolutely ordering another one. I would like to try the a few other types of switches in person, but I think they blues are for me. Click clack!

I'm glad that the blank keycaps aren't that big a deal. I almost never look at the keyboard when I type anyway (thanks, public school!), I was just worried that the lack of labels would bite me in the rear end when I needed them most. Now that I write that out, it sounds like a dumb thing to say.

Das Ultimate it is, then! Now to get that Christmas bonus.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

Gorilla Salsa posted:

I had considered the Das, but thought that the same thing could be had for cheaper with the Leopold. I'll probably go Das, then.

I'm glad that the blank keycaps aren't that big a deal. I almost never look at the keyboard when I type anyway (thanks, public school!), I was just worried that the lack of labels would bite me in the rear end when I needed them most. Now that I write that out, it sounds like a dumb thing to say.

Das Ultimate it is, then! Now to get that Christmas bonus.

If you are a student, Das can give you a deal. Comes out to a few dollars more than the leopold/rosewill

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Gorilla Salsa posted:

I set up about 90 users at work with my blank keycap Leopold tenkeyless with next to zero errors. Now that I've swapped my Filco and Leopold, the gf hated the poo poo out of the lack of letters but got used to it.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Shadaez posted:

Mostly gaming related. I'd just like to see how different it is, really.

Blues are their own thing, none of the other switches feel quite like them. If anything I recommend trying browns at some point, they have a nice feel as well but don't click audibly at the actuation point. They're also easier to double tap with as the actuation and release points are closer together.

Unrelated- has anyone here used o-rings or soft landing pads? The 50A o-rings from mcmaster reduce travel a lot more than I expected them to and I'm curious if the other solutions are any better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

Phone posted:

I set up about 90 users at work with my blank keycap Leopold tenkeyless with next to zero errors.

Where the gently caress do you work? Google?

• Locked thread