Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Team of one doesn't let you use assists or DHC, while the event vs three modoks in the last game did. Capcom

sentinel with megaman X, cyclops and ultron is THE BEST THING EVER so i'll let it slide

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Anchor Deck:

Edward Fokker, Lead: During XF, lv 2 attack boost, HC fills automatically
Sakuya: When 1 character is left, Vitality refills automatically, HC fills automatically
Punisher: Increases attack power to one of your characters is KO'ed.

XFL3 Wesker does 212,700 with his gunshot. LMH, QCF+L, shot, MSMMHS, shot, maximum wesker does 1.7 million.

I've found a team. And that team is I don't give a poo poo x 2 + Wesker.

EDIT: I'm sure there are better cards to boost anchor. I'm just working with what I have here.

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

This week's costume pack is being delayed until March and Capcom is currently planning not to release Magneto's alt, presumably due to legal controversy with Spain.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Herald Firebrand with Luminous Body and Amaterasu look so loving badass :black101:

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
The watcher + dormammu = rage quit city lol

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Why did Mags' costume cause "legal trouble" with Spain?

EDIT: Amazing. Thank you.

Boxman fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 19, 2011

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Boxman posted:

Why did Mags' costume cause "legal trouble" with Spain?

http://shoryuken.com/2011/11/25/magneto-dlc-outfit-coming-to-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-stirs-up-controversy-in-spain/

AFAIK there haven't been any courts or lawyers involved, so it's not really legal trouble as much as it is just a formal complaint from the Spanish royal family. There was apparently the same issue with House of M (where the outfit originally appeared) and Marvel ended up removing the outfit from the comic. Why would they choose it for MvC then?

Kempo
Oct 8, 2006

Skychrono posted:

Phoenix Wright also had a voice change, he now says "Take that!" instead of "Take this!", mirroring fan demand.

Guarantee they nerfed his assist as payback for having to put up with poo poo like this.

I've started enjoying Doom's wacky loops in training, but how do I start them off in matches? What should I be throwing out first to catch people and start combos other than footdives?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Kempo posted:

Guarantee they nerfed his assist as payback for having to put up with poo poo like this.

I've started enjoying Doom's wacky loops in training, but how do I start them off in matches? What should I be throwing out first to catch people and start combos other than footdives?

Air dash down forward 2L. Air dash forward jM. Throws.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Gravity squeeze! Bwajajaja! Usted está vencido!

Kempo
Oct 8, 2006

NecroMonster posted:

Air dash down forward 2L. Air dash forward jM. Throws.

Thought as much, thanks!

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Kempo posted:

I've never played doom but I'm pretty sure it's all trijumps, butter guns, and f-foot dives when you're trying to get in there. Fullscreen in the air you zone with the mini finger lasers and fullscreen on the ground you zone with plasma beam.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Speaking of Doom, can someone break down his new midscreen combo for me?? I keep landing too far away for df.airdash to get him next to someone when they're OTG.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Kempo posted:

Dooms close game is trijumps to c.L, squarejumps to j.M and empty trijumps to grab. From range throw out both standing and superjumping plasma beams/photon arrays. His f+H and S footdives are good too, mix up the block timing for the opponent by airdashing or canceling to flight mode beforehand (this fucks up Wesker/Nemisis/GRider's anti-air launchers alot)

Cat Machine posted:

Speaking of Doom, can someone break down his new midscreen combo for me?? I keep landing too far away for df.airdash to get him next to someone when they're OTG.

LMHS sj.M sj.f+H sj.S xx airdash down (land) trijump forward H repeat. The hardest part is the sj.f+H sj.S. Doom should go "Fo-Footdive", if you don't hear that its too slow. You can sub the H S at the end of the combo for M f+H (its faster, works better later in the combo when hitstun is going up)

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Dec 19, 2011

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Cat Machine posted:

Mine is a very simple j.M, foot-footdive, but I have to both down-forward airdash AND whiff j.M. afterwards. If that's still not enough, then triangle-jump into the s.H.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Ya the new Doom combo works better closer to the ground and vs bigger characters. You also have to be really fast with the cancels.

I end up using the buktooth 90% of the time because I feel it's a bit safer despite the slightly lower damage.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Thundercracker posted:

Mine is a very simple j.M, foot-footdive, but I have to both down-forward airdash AND whiff j.M. afterwards. If that's still not enough, then triangle-jump into the s.H.

Does whiffing the j.M make him fall faster? I'm having the same problem as Cat Machine, my j.S xx addf puts me at like full screen for some reason.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Desk: doing Capcom's job for them as usual

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0nj_-4_Ebw

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

The Rokstar posted:

Does whiffing the j.M make him fall faster? I'm having the same problem as Cat Machine, my j.S xx addf puts me at like full screen for some reason.

The Bibile says it does, but the real reason I do it is because I'm garaunteed the Doom will hit the ground at full speed. Otherwise, if I do the air combo too high (e.g. j.M should ideally hit just before the opponent is able to tech-flip out of the launcher), my Doom will pause for a split second after the air-dash runs out, and then drop straight down. The whiffed j.M just makes sure that he doesn't lose any momemtum from the dash.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

My first S card was exactly what I wanted, Fin Fang Foom. Awww yeah.

On the other hand I keep getting useless multiples of the same A cards, I'm up to 5 or 6 Sabertooths already.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
What's the point of card quantity? Can you actually lose or consume cards?

Also, if you get 9 of the same card, does it stop appearing for you?

Pork Soda
Jan 22, 2004
Scissor Man

The Rokstar posted:

If you don't use an attack he'll kind of float for a small amount of time right before he hits the ground. If you use an attack as mentioned above he will hit the ground at full air dash speed and allow you to attack faster.

AlphaTM
Aug 11, 2010
Heroes and Heralds is causing some really odd stuff to occur, and it doesn't look like it has anything to do with the cards (to me, at least). For example, it doesn't look like moves will cause hard/soft knockdowns anymore. The lariat both as an assist and on point, Dante's follow-up to 236B (not sure what it's called but it's the one where he surrounds himself with the ice), even doing a TAC will cause them to flip out of the spinning animation. It's REALLY WEIRD.

Also, if anyone doesn't know already, to try out cards in training mode you have to go to your options in the normal training mode and there'll be an option to enable a deck.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
If anyone's played around with Spencer after today's patch can you say if his up grapple still does unscaled damage? I'll be sad if it doesn't.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
The prospect of losing the House of M alt sucks. If they replace it, it will most likely be with a Xorn costume.
Personally I'd like to see a movie verse costume (Ian Mckellen San helmet). Maybe a Joseph alt.
A Ruins costume would be awesome, but has no chance.

Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

What's the point of card quantity? Can you actually lose or consume cards?
The number of cards you have is how many you can put into your decks. Like for example, if you have 4 of a certain card you can put up to 4 of that card total across decks A B and C.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

The super armor cards are horrific and I love it.

liquidswordz
Mar 21, 2003

That Ignorant Sap posted:

The prospect of losing the House of M alt sucks. If they replace it, it will most likely be with a Xorn costume.
Personally I'd like to see a movie verse costume (Ian Mckellen San helmet). Maybe a Joseph alt.
A Ruins costume would be awesome, but has no chance.

Xorn would be amazing. Alternatively, I will accept a legit Age of X costume.

Padical
Nov 29, 2004
H&H is what this game needed to be fun online again. One thing, maybe I am missing something, but is there no way to invite my friends into a casual match?

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
So far im loving the mandarin card as primary. It forces the other player to xfactor when you do. That + cards that give you additional xfactors. Xfactor once at the very start and so do they. But you have more. So many more factors with which to crush them.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Do the multiple x-factor cards let you activate it again before it runs out? It feels like that could lead to some incredible combos.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I kind of love the Fou-Lu card. (Or is it Lou-Fu? I think he's from Breath of Fire 4?)

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Cat Machine posted:

Gravity squeeze! Bwajajaja! Usted está vencido!

lovely voice acting! Bwhahaa! I control metal!

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Padical posted:

H&H is what this game needed to be fun online again. One thing, maybe I am missing something, but is there no way to invite my friends into a casual match?
No, matchmaking only. Lobbies are too logical for Capcom's tastes

Heath posted:

I kind of love the Fou-Lu card. (Or is it Lou-Fu? I think he's from Breath of Fire 4?)
Yeah it's Fou-Lu from BOF4

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I saw someone mention possible Spencer and Taskmaster nerfs last page. I can't watch the changelog vid right now, can someone confirm or deny this? Please say Tony is ok. :(

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

^^ The changelog video doesn't mention nerfs for either of those two.

AXE COP posted:

Do the multiple x-factor cards let you activate it again before it runs out? It feels like that could lead to some incredible combos.

Nope, at least not from what I've played around with.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Countblanc posted:

I saw someone mention possible Spencer and Taskmaster nerfs last page. I can't watch the changelog vid right now, can someone confirm or deny this? Please say Tony is ok. :(

It sounds like Spencer's Up grapple no longer does unscaled damage but I haven't heard anything else for everyone's favorite skull face from Brooklyn.

Oddly they buffed Haggar's RFF super, now fully mashed it does 57 hits for about 440k.

Pork Soda
Jan 22, 2004
Scissor Man

Orange Crush Rush posted:

It sounds like Spencer's Up grapple no longer does unscaled damage

I just tested this out and it does not appear to be true. Did it at the end of a combo after 15 hits and it still did the full 80k.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
Running cyclops(added damage plus chip),multiple man and wasp(faster movement and longer flight).
Three sentinels ended up being funner than I expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Awesome Andy posted:

Running cyclops(added damage plus chip),multiple man and wasp(faster movement and longer flight).
Three sentinels ended up being funner than I expected.

Speaking of Multiple man, one thing that is kind of cool is that if you run 3 Frank's, they all have the same character level. Like if you get Frank to level 2 before he dies, the next Frank comes in at Level 2.

• Locked thread