Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Plom Bar posted:

:colbert:

Bucket lands on Karkat's head. Dramatic pause - time seems to stand still. Next, we see a depiction of the Green Sun visible from Skaia, with a massive FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK spewing out of it in all directions. Kids in the past see it, kids in the future see it... all Incipispheres bear witness to The Vast Expletive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Mr. Pumroy posted:

He swats the glasses away, then complains about the sun beating down on his head gives him a headache and asks if somebody has, like, a hat or something.

Gamzee offers a blue cathood.

Man, if they go through with the corpse-party, ruminating on the remains of the deceased could be pretty sad. Or pretty funny. Or both, as with most things in Homestuck.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Fat_Cow posted:

Does Gamzee's rage have to be triggered or can he bring it up when needed?
It needs to be repressed.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Only the shooshiest of shooshes and pappiest of paps keep the beast inside chained.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Spellman posted:

It needs to be repressed.
So now that he's been calmed down he won't be able to go into MURDER MODE at select times convenient for everyone involved?

I guess these are the tradeoffs we have to deal with.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

JT Jag posted:

So now that he's been calmed down he won't be able to go into MURDER MODE at select times convenient for everyone involved?

I can see this becoming rather problematic when it comes to the grande Lord English showdown - provided nothing terrible happens to everyone (Trollpocalypse Now!) in the interim.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Radio Paranoia posted:

I can see this becoming rather problematic when it comes to the grande Lord English showdown - provided nothing terrible happens to everyone (Trollpocalypse Now!) in the interim.

English (and probably anyone else who could qualify as a threat for anybody besides the Alpha Session kids) is immune to all conventional forms of attack anyway. I'd say keeping Gamzee permanently in check won't have many downsides.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Heeey, I noticed something. There's the speculation about the 8-player session, right? And how it was thought it'd be the kids + their ancestors. Look at how many people are now at the Green Sun. Meanwhile, John and Jade (and Davesprite!) are travelling for 3 years.

VVV: loving WEIRD TIME BULLSHIT.

Slime fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 20, 2011

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Slime posted:

Heeey, I noticed something. There's the speculation about the 8-player session, right? And how it was thought it'd be the kids + their ancestors. Look at how many people are now at the Green Sun. Meanwhile, John and Jade (and Davesprite!) are travelling for 3 years.

3 years from THEIR perspective, they'll arrive in the session just in time

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

I am a Purrrfect Princess

I just learned to sew a few weeks ago while trying to reproduce a scalemate for a secret santa, so I thought I would share the results. I continued on to make #2 down there, chartreuse mutini. (I had too much leftover green belly fur)

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Those scalemates are really good. Nice job!

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

blackflare posted:

I just learned to sew a few weeks ago while trying to reproduce a scalemate for a secret santa, so I thought I would share the results. I continued on to make #2 down there, chartreuse mutini. (I had too much leftover green belly fur)

Please tell me you're gonna set up shop on Etsy :3:

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

Unfortunately, I asked andrew for permission to sell some things and was politely declined. And I would feel pretty bad screwing over an "indie" thing like mspa.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

blackflare posted:

Unfortunately, I asked andrew for permission to sell some things and was politely declined. And I would feel pretty bad screwing over an "indie" thing like mspa.

Huh. Wonder if this means he's investigating the feasibility of an official scalemate plush? I thought supposedly he wanted to try to keep things pretty permissive as long as people asked, unless maybe he's just kind of clamping down on things in general now.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Gabriel Pope posted:

Huh. Wonder if this means he's investigating the feasibility of an official scalemate plush? I thought supposedly he wanted to try to keep things pretty permissive as long as people asked, unless maybe he's just kind of clamping down on things in general now.

http://softowl.tumblr.com/post/14373934767/explaining-more-clearly

Tangible goods seem less likely to get permission than art prints, even if it's clearly commission-only.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
One of the members of the art team used to sell scalemate plushies on commission, but she stopped recently.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Walliard posted:

http://softowl.tumblr.com/post/14373934767/explaining-more-clearly

Tangible goods seem less likely to get permission than art prints, even if it's clearly commission-only.

That seems... strange. It's much easier to make a profit by selling a print than a handmade tangible thing, since I make little things like that (for my own personal enjoyment), and know that materials are not cheap. I know it says that commissions can't be mass-produced or reproductions, but wouldn't it be far easier to police that for a plushie than a print? I mean, you would be able to tell if someone is mass producing a million little scalemates in some sweatshop in China, but all you need for making a million copies of a picture is an internet connection.

Furthermore, wouldn't drawn art commissions be more likely to cut into the existing market share that MSPA now occupies? Yeah, I guess it's foreseeable that What Pumpkin will start selling plushies and things, but wouldn't prints be a more imminent threat?

Or am I completely missing the point?

pkmnfrk
Dec 24, 2010

Chester Hjorvarth
Victorious this day
3-7-2011

Olivia42 posted:

That seems... strange. It's much easier to make a profit by selling a print than a handmade tangible thing, since I make little things like that (for my own personal enjoyment), and know that materials are not cheap. I know it says that commissions can't be mass-produced or reproductions, but wouldn't it be far easier to police that for a plushie than a print? I mean, you would be able to tell if someone is mass producing a million little scalemates in some sweatshop in China, but all you need for making a million copies of a picture is an internet connection.

Furthermore, wouldn't drawn art commissions be more likely to cut into the existing market share that MSPA now occupies? Yeah, I guess it's foreseeable that What Pumpkin will start selling plushies and things, but wouldn't prints be a more imminent threat?

Or am I completely missing the point?

Commissions are not mass-producing. They're "Hey, can you draw X for me?" "Sure, I'll do it for $Y".

that blog posted:

That’s true, but let me clarify: that refers to drawn, 2D commissions only, and only if those images are not going to be mass-produced or reproduced, either by you, your buyer, or any third party.

It would be a dick move to say that you can't draw something. However, they don't want you making a business of drawing them. I guess making plushes are are more work, so it implies a heavier investment and a greater desire for a return on that investment, which is again going into the business aspect.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

YggiDee posted:

One of the members of the art team used to sell scalemate plushies on commission, but she stopped recently.

Eyes5? She had a tutorial on making Scalemate plushies but was asked to make it more generic take it down because people might sell them (which, as she pointed out, is silly because anyone who needs a tutorial isn't going to be making sale-worthy goods).

Between all this and plushies being one of the most consistently requested items of merchandise, though, I wouldn't be surprised if Andrew were actively looking for a way to make them economical to produce.

of bees
Dec 28, 2009

blackflare posted:

Do you have a pattern you use for the scalemates?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

pkmnfrk posted:

Commissions are not mass-producing. They're "Hey, can you draw X for me?" "Sure, I'll do it for $Y".

It would be a dick move to say that you can't draw something. However, they don't want you making a business of drawing them. I guess making plushes are are more work, so it implies a heavier investment and a greater desire for a return on that investment, which is again going into the business aspect.

I guess it does make a certain amount of sense. It sounds like they're trying to steer people away from selling anything more than one-of-a-kind commissions, and from what I've seen most people selling handmade crafts either make batches to sell or do made-to-order stuff from patterns they've developed. It doesn't look like physical crafts are absolutely verboten, just held to a stricter standard, so presumably say someone's custom sculpture business might get the go-ahead to accept Homestuck related commissions.

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

of bees posted:

Do you have a pattern you use for the scalemates?

Yes I use eyes5's scalemate tutorial here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00464295225224468624

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Nrrrrgh my Homestuck book arrived today but I can't open it until Christmas.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

JT Jag posted:

I was under the impression Gamzee could whip it out (sorry) as necessary because during the battle against the troll sessions' Black King he delivered some kind of insane attack that did a ton of damage (I may be misremembering this, though?)

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I think Gamzee flipping out on the Black King was coincidental. He's sober now however, so it's hard to tell whether he can use his ragestrength at will now or not.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
If Gamzee lives to see LE or possibly even a post-scratch Scratch, any claims the villains may have on being the mirthful messiahs of prophesy might set him off again in a good way.

edit: it was I who received the scalemate from blackflare, and either my Xoom and/or Tumblr has been a pain in getting that adventure online. Since it's been delayed, odds are I will have to buy some CHALK and do goofy th1ngs.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I for one am just glad that the cHiLlEsT mOtHeRfUcKeR iN tHiS sToRy Is StIlL kIcKiNg AlL aLiVe LiKe :o)

of bees
Dec 28, 2009

blackflare posted:

Yes I use eyes5's scalemate tutorial here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00464295225224468624

Awesome. I'm gonna try my hand at making one, because I'd love to have a scalemate sitting on my shelf.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Don't forget that it was Betty Crocker who sent Dave the Miracles video from the future, and apparently across universes.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Doc Uzuki posted:

Don't forget that it was Betty Crocker who sent Dave the Miracles video from the future, and apparently across universes.

Technically it could have been B1 Betty Crocker. I mean either way is possible.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Captain Oblivious posted:

Technically it could have been B1 Betty Crocker. I mean either way is possible.

I'd assumed it was B1 Betty Crocker until just now, but it makes a lot more sense if it's B2 Betty Crocker. I mean, I'm assuming that it's the same instance of the Condesce, she just left B1 and went to B2 sometime in the 1930s when Nannasprite said she disappeared. But being in the B2 universe, she'd have access to the music video that wasn't released until 2010. I think it makes slightly more sense than her having access to a song that wouldn't be released for more than a year.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

That actually does make sense. Homestuck sense, at least. If Jade and Jake can be inter-universe penpals, I don't see why a galaxy-conquering immortal witch can't post on another universe's lovely message board.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I for one am just glad that the cHiLlEsT mOtHeRfUcKeR iN tHiS sToRy Is StIlL kIcKiNg AlL aLiVe LiKe :o)
One thing I didn't get was how people some people complain that the other trolls "aren't upset at being around a 'mass-murderer'"

Gamzee killed Equius, whom Karkat sent out to deal with Makara in the first place, and Nepeta, who attacked him after he choked out her palemate.

Sure, there's the whole loving-with-Egbert's-dreams poo poo going on, but who even knows that outside of the audience at this point while they're all out there chilling on the meteor?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

The dude is a pretty indiscriminate killer when he's off the deep end, but that's evidently not all that unusual in their particular society (and I guess seen as a failure of said troll's moirail as it is the troll itself, since it's their job to keep each other in line).

I have to wonder if Eridan would have gone on his similar murderspree if Feferi hadn't ditched him as a moirail. She sort of shirked that responsibility and paid the price for it, unlike Karkat, even if it wasn't really fair that she be given that responsibility in the first place.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Vriska did the audience a favor and killed Tavros.
Terezi killed Vriska to save everyone.
Eridan killed Fef because hes a dick. (And tried to kill Sollux)
Kanaya killed Eridan because hes a dick.
Gamzee killed Equius and Nepeta because they confronted him, because Karkat told Equius to.

You could argue that Gamzee would have just screwed around by himself if he was left alone. People call him a crazy murderer but hes only killed one more person than half the other trolls.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

KoB posted:

Vriska did the audience a favor and killed Tavros.
Terezi killed Vriska to save everyone.
Eridan killed Fef because hes a dick. (And tried to kill Sollux)
Kanaya killed Eridan because hes a dick.
Gamzee killed Equius and Nepeta because they confronted him, because Karkat told Equius to.

You could argue that Gamzee would have just screwed around by himself if he was left alone. People call him a crazy murderer but hes only killed one more person than half the other trolls.

Don't forget that Eridan killed Kanaya too. Not really his fault it didn't stick.

Honestly though I doubt the Trolls are really 'ok' with Gamzee, but in the short run they can't really do anything about him. And they're probably just sick of all the death and poo poo so its like, "Well Karkat's got him under control for now, I can't be bothered."

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Besides, it's not like it wasn't established early on that trolls are, as a race, a bunch of psychotic murderers who kill each other left and right even at the best of times.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Wait where was it implied that Her Imperious Condescension posted the ICP video?

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Level Slide posted:

Wait where was it implied that Her Imperious Condescension posted the ICP video?

Right here during the scrapbook sequence. (Conversation starts on the previous page.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

drat, her message sticks out like a sore thumb when I look at it for more than three seconds.

Based on Vanilla Milkshake's lecture, the Condesce seems evil enough to mock Gamzee about it. She also looks like she could take on a pissed off highblood, but that's probably my baseless headcanon speaking.