Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tetrakarn
Nov 1, 2011
In reality, Spirit Armor is SA personified. So long as one lives, the other will not die.

I mean come on, he has the same initials and everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Going back to fix the old images? This'll be the best Twelfth Night ever!

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Yo, ho, all together! Hear Ogami cry! Have faith in Spirit Armor; this thread will never die!

Thanks for the early Christmas gift, SA.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Just so you know, I'm supposed to be doing some last minute studying for a test.

But if this is a sign for the new year, 2012 might just be the best apocalypse we can ask for!

(also goddamit I'll be looking behind every drat emoticon now)

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

CommissarMega posted:

(also goddamit I'll be looking behind every drat emoticon now)

gently caress, me too. :argh:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Editing the post? Does that mean you'll be putting more content in it, in a way that doesn't bump the thread to indicate you did so? :raise:

EDIT: To be clear I'd rather you posted mini-updates, and then maybe went back later and edited them into one larger update for archival purposes, becuase that way my bookmarked threads list pops this thread up so I can see that you posted them.

Zereth fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Dec 20, 2011

PantsTheReaper
Aug 17, 2010
Spirit Armor is back! Long live the thread.

But you people should be ashamed. Twenty-some posts and not one hidden image link? Our goddess is displeased.:cthulhu:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

No, you should be ashamed. Knock it off. Just enjoy the goddamn thread.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Christmas came early this year.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Wow it's really a Christmas miracle! Anyway glad to see this thread back and hopefully SA is done with all of his law school stuff by now.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Great to hear that you are fixing the old updates for when this gets archived. As I recall, it was a great read and I'd like to look over it again when it's all done... whenever that may be.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I love this thread. Someday, when I'm settled down with children, I will log onto SA and say, "Hey, kids, Spirit Armor just updated Sakura Wars III! Oh, happy day!"

PantsTheReaper
Aug 17, 2010

Allen Wren posted:

No, you should be ashamed. Knock it off. Just enjoy the goddamn thread.

Short of a mod telling me to or mass objections, I'm not stopping. It's all just for fun, including the "ashamed" comment. If you don't like it, don't click the links.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

PantsTheReaper posted:

Short of a mod telling me to or mass objections, I'm not stopping. It's all just for fun, including the "ashamed" comment. If you don't like it, don't click the links.

Psh, not clicking links is for wimps anyway :colbert:

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.
... I look away from the board for the better part of the day, and... :stare:

Honestly, I'm not sure what to say, other than to do what I always do and apologize profusely for disappearing. I'm probably going to sound pretentious as hell, but Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick am I humbled by how you guys have stuck around. Or... by how some of you've dropped by only recently and are still sticking around. Or-

ANYWAY.

You Guys posted:

Congratulations on finishing law school!

Ha ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AHYAHYAHYAHYAHYA t-thanks, but I'm not quite done yet; I've still got one semester to go. And also That Exam Which Shall Not Be Named.

You Guys posted:

LP plans after this game?

I... might try Idolm@ster 2 before tackling the rest of Sakura Wars (with any luck!). First things first, though.

You Guys posted:

Reupdating things

Fffff yeah, looking back- am I the only person for whom the waffleimages links are taking a LONG time to load? Or is it just that first page?

Also, Zereth, if it helps at all, I'll probably bump the thread with each mini-update/image-repairing anyway, just to let you guys know that something's been changed.

ALSO also, I've repaired the... first post of this LP's very first part. And the intro post once again has a fancy picture of Sakura at the top!

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
Well, SA, considering WaffleImages has, in fact, been disbanded, you might consider replacing it all with lpix or something just so that they'll work properly and be preserved for posterity, considering lpix is a dedicated LP image host.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
That is going to be one scary piece of work. A ton of images involved...and a hundred pages. I can only pray for SA's sanity...

Spirit Armor posted:

Ha ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AHYAHYAHYAHYAHYA t-thanks, but I'm not quite done yet; I've still got one semester to go. And also That Exam Which Shall Not Be Named.
You may possibly be insane in the best way.

Matterthief
Feb 18, 2011
Oh my god, Spirit Armor is ALIVE!!! This is the best Christmas ever. Keeping this thread on favorites have paid off

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

veekie posted:

That is going to be one scary piece of work. A ton of images involved...and a hundred pages. I can only pray for SA's sanity...
You may possibly be insane in the best way.

Well, he has had... it in his bedroom/playstation for years now. It is the only way for him to be anywhere near sane. Only the insane are sane in that world! :tinfoil:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Spirit Armor posted:

... I look away from the board for the better part of the day, and... :stare:

Honestly, I'm not sure what to say, other than to do what I always do and apologize profusely for disappearing. I'm probably going to sound pretentious as hell, but Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick am I humbled by how you guys have stuck around.

Also, Zereth, if it helps at all, I'll probably bump the thread with each mini-update/image-repairing anyway, just to let you guys know that something's been changed.
Good enough, I guess, particularly if you include a link to the post in question! Perhaps also include a "NEW STUFF STARTS HERE" marker which you keep moving when you edit the post, and take it out a few days after the last edit or when you make the next actual update?

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
SA's back? Snatter got my letter!

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
Holy poo poo! I was literally just telling a friend of mine that this LP was worth registering for, even though it was a shame it'd died. And now, it lives again! I'm glad to see you back, Spirit Armor. I don't think any of us are going anywhere, either. Not at this point.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Spirit Armor posted:

I dare to ask how long will this cursed Exam will take to study as it might make us wait again for the next update which isn't a bad thing since quality stuff like your is better than quantity.

Spirit Armor posted:

I... might try Idolm@ster 2 before tackling the rest of Sakura Wars (with any luck!). First things first, though.

Ever since the show started I always wanted to try this game out, which version you might LP? The 360 one or the PS3 one?

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.
Just the thing to cheer me up after a housecleaning setback. Now I want my Sakura Wars PSP 1+2 back so I can replay 1 :3:

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009
It's an early Christmas! Welcome back SA, you and this thread were dearly missed.
Was almost afraid to hit up this thread out when I saw activity there again for fear of disappointment, and Canuck's links, but it's all worth it now.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The possibility of IDOLM@STER by SA and Katawa Shoujo released date announced in the same week?

I'm not quite sure how this can be better.

lishan1988
Mar 19, 2009
Good to see you back, Spirit Armor!

Any bets on when the next update will be?

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Canuck-Errant posted:

Well, SA, considering WaffleImages has, in fact, been disbanded, you might consider replacing it all with lpix or something just so that they'll work properly and be preserved for posterity, considering lpix is a dedicated LP image host.

Yeah, I'm repairing broken image links by uploading them with lpix. Doing that for ALL the updates, though... I'm PROBABLY going to wait until this LP is over, since that'll be a project and a half by itself.

Zereth posted:

Perhaps also include a "NEW STUFF STARTS HERE" marker which you keep moving when you edit the post, and take it out a few days after the last edit or when you make the next actual update?

Using this suggestion, thanks!

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Ever since the show started I always wanted to try this game out, which version you might LP? The 360 one or the PS3 one?

I got shafted by Bandai-Namco WAS INTO IDOLM@STER BEFORE IT WAS COOL, so the 360 version. Which lacks a difficulty-changing option.

... I have not actually achieved a Good End yet, and I probably won't be able to if I start a save file from scratch (since the game is stupidly difficult in the first playthrough), so it might be a giant train wreck from beginning to end. So I'm thinking about swapping back to Idolm@ster 1 for 1) ease, or 2) if everyone ends up voting to produce one of the idols that you CAN'T produce in 2.

lishan1988 posted:

Good to see you back, Spirit Armor!

Any bets on when the next update will be?

Tomorrow at the latest!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
If you're batch uploading files to Lpix, and you're not using Rightload, you should definitely start. Lpix plugin is here. It speeds things up dramatically.

Also, a preemptive thanks on behalf of whoever ends up archiving this. Dealing with broken images in massive LPs is no fun at all.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Spirit Armor posted:

I got shafted by Bandai-Namco WAS INTO IDOLM@STER BEFORE IT WAS COOL, so the 360 version. Which lacks a difficulty-changing option.

... I have not actually achieved a Good End yet, and I probably won't be able to if I start a save file from scratch (since the game is stupidly difficult in the first playthrough), so it might be a giant train wreck from beginning to end. So I'm thinking about swapping back to Idolm@ster 1 for 1) ease, or 2) if everyone ends up voting to produce one of the idols that you CAN'T produce in 2.

That sucks, the ones that you can't produce in the 360 one are in the PS3 version and you get all the DLC for the 360 one for added in for the PS3 version.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Holy poo poo.
I just shotgunned this thread in three sittings over the course of two days.

This has been... a ride.

The Blind Eye
Dec 12, 2011

As a man who has three younger sisters I must say I have never laughed so nervously at a cartoon before. That said it turned to hysterics when the music started, oh God this is hilarious.I love anime I love you Japan. I'm sorry I doubted this season. I love you Shinbo and Nisio Isin and ADTRW.
Question: What is idolm@ster? I know i can look it up but i want the goon-opinion.

lishan1988
Mar 19, 2009

Spirit Armor posted:

Tomorrow at the latest!

I can't wait for more of Maria crushing Ogami's hopes and dreams! :allears:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

The Blind Eye posted:

Question: What is idolm@ster? I know i can look it up but i want the goon-opinion.

Princess Maker, but with pop stars.

e: Actually, that's unfair. I hear it's more like Monster Rancher.

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Dec 23, 2011

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

Doc Hawkins posted:

Princess Maker, but with pop stars.

e: Actually, that's unfair. I hear it's more like Monster Rancher.

Is it fun and not especially creepy? I like bad anime aesthetics, but I am repulsed by the creepy stuff anime always gets associated with.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

The Blind Eye posted:

Basically you play as a music/pop producer and you produce a pop star with some minigames and VN style conversations like in this game that rise their stats. There was anime of it that just finished yesterday so if you want to check it out watch that since it's mainly based off the 2nd game storyline.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Right, knocked out the second part of that update back up in here! Thank god for Rightload.

Senerio posted:

Holy poo poo.
I just shotgunned this thread in three sittings over the course of two days.

This has been... a ride.

To that, I can only say "holy poo poo." :stare:

... well, that and "I hope you liked it." :unsmith:

You Guys posted:

Idolm@ster

What everyone's been saying is a pretty good summation. It HAS gotten some bad press because, yes, it has the potential to be creepy if you really want it to be, but it's a solid game with interesting characters (and believe me, they really do make/break the game in this case).

I've always found Dom Nguyen's review of Idolm@ster('s arcade version) a VERY good introduction to the series, even if it's a bit dated by now.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Obviously this thread updated because Ogami Spirit Armor's response meter went all HOT-BLOODED :black101:

Welcome back SA, thanks for not leaving us in the dark.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Katsuma posted:

I like bad anime aesthetics, but I am repulsed by the creepy stuff anime always gets associated with.

I guess it mostly depends on whether you think a raising-sim of little girls that sing and dance for you is "creepy" or not.

e: I learned from that article that you occasionally use the touchscreen to groom them. :anime:

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 23, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Basically you play as a music/pop producer and you produce a pop star with some minigames and VN style conversations like in this game that rise their stats. There was anime of it that just finished yesterday so if you want to check it out watch that since it's mainly based off the 2nd game storyline.

I remember there was supposed to be a mech anime involving Idolm@ster characters, involving mechs punching pieces of the exploded moon when they became meteoric, and, as far as I could understand from the talk on the imageboard that shall not be named, the main heroine has a thing for her mech, or at least has to show it affection to get it to work.

Yeah. I have no idea. :japan:

• Locked thread