Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Walliard posted:

drat it, Kanaya.

There's pretty much no way she's not looking up Rose's cloak right there.

Anyhow Dave and Karkat continue to be the best characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

Amidst this hilarious set of updates, this is actually a little sad. What an exasperated leadership Karkat's has been.

Really, his presence has been ultimately very impotent and pointless. Really, I think the only thing Karkat has ever seemed to be enjoying was being an effective leader and killing monsters. Ergo his existence is kind of pointless now.

I kind of thought his point as ____ of Blood had something to do with his obsession over relationships and poo poo and basically using it to get people to follow him as leader, but looking at how quickly that poo poo fell apart, that may likely not be the case.

Karkat, the saddest troll. The least useful it ends up, the most disliked that are still alive, the one that probably hosed up the most ignoring Gamzee's culpability. And now he has three whole years to reflect on that fact, assuming his inability to keep everyone in line doesn't result in even more murders, just like everyone being left alone for a week-or-so before did.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Why are you guys assuming the weirdest poo poo from sprites? Come the gently caress on.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Or she could be, you know... just, like... looking at Rose? Since she's, like, flying and stuff?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Way to be creepers guys.

Anyhow, the interesting thing is going to be seeing what sequence of events they're waiting for prior to liftoff.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Zorak posted:

And now he has three whole years to reflect on that fact, assuming his inability to keep everyone in line doesn't result in even more murders, just like everyone being left alone for a week-or-so before did.

If Karkat could shoosh a rampaging highblood into not-rampage, he wouldn't have many problems keeping the peace. Then again, Karkat's best friends doing that moirail thing with Gamzee so that's a bit of a special case isn't it...

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Zorak posted:

Why are you guys assuming the weirdest poo poo from sprites? Come the gently caress on.

Not being creepy, I just figure that's the funniest outcome. v:shobon:v

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Three years should be enough time to throw together a pretty good corpse party.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Three years is probably how long it would take Karkat to calm down.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Zorak posted:

And now he has three whole years to reflect on that fact, assuming his inability to keep everyone in line doesn't result in even more murders, just like everyone being left alone for a week-or-so before did.
I wonder if Karkat's going to try to stay awake for the full three years.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Level Slide posted:

If Karkat could shoosh a rampaging highblood into not-rampage, he wouldn't have many problems keeping the peace.

Yes, but he did that a bit late, didn't he. Is he going to have to be literally on pap-shoosh patrol or something? He stopped paping everyone for a week and everything went to poo poo behind his back at once.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yep.

Also sorry but Kanaya is merely watching rose in general while she waits a chance to taste that sweet sweet human blood. SOON.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

If only Kanaya stationed her pupils behind a pair of viewing spectacles.

Who even knows where she's looking now. She could be looking at you.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Spellman posted:

If only Kanaya stationed her pupils behind a pair of viewing spectacles.

Who even knows where she's looking now. She could be looking at you.

Now combine that with that dancing Kanaya gif from a while back and we're golden.

Miracon
Jan 1, 2010

Evil Mastermind posted:

Speaking of which, he was awake (real-awake, not dream-awake) for entirety of the trolls' quest, wasn't he? That guy should just get some sleep already. It would probably do wonders for his attitude.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

This should be a good three years. I can't decide if I want to see what John wrote and what the general reaction is after the bucket comes hurtling through, or if I just want Karkat to say an appropriate setup and get brained by the bucket and then cut away.

How was he in the shot where John threw the bucket through Jade, wasn't he looking really shocked? Was that because a Jade-shaped hole in the universe had just appeared with John on the other end, or was there something going on at that exact moment that shocked him into that expression?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Dolash posted:

or if I just want Karkat to say an appropriate setup and get brained by the bucket and then cut away.

I want Karkat to get brained by the bucket and knocked screaming into the sun. In his death he'll be totally vindicated.

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

Zorak posted:

In his death he'll be totally vindicated.

He is the heir to Troll Jesus...

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

quote:

DAVE: but dave what if that dope as hell plan falls through i can hear you ask
DAVE: plan b
DAVE: involves drawing some lovely cartoons
DAVE: and not giving a gently caress about stuff

Dave is the best of all characters. :c00lbert:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Karkat's shtick is sort of wearing thin, I wouldn't mind if he kept it up with the breath holding.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

Dave is the best of all characters. :c00lbert:

Aradia clearly doesn't know poo poo, because it turns out that the Knight of Time is a totally kickin rad tactician.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Karkat's shtick is sort of wearing thin, I wouldn't mind if he kept it up with the breath holding.
What's it like being wrong about everything?

Karkat is always and forever the best troll.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

How do you even manage to have such bad opinions

He's by far the most entertaining troll.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Something I just noticed a full day after the fact, why does Karkat know about Shangri-La?

Jewel
May 2, 2009

Level Slide posted:

Something I just noticed a full day after the fact, why does Karkat know about Shangri-La?

For the same reasons Gamzee is able to watch a youtube video.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Well, I figure it's troll Shangri-La, which probably contains carnivorous plants, watered with the tears of lowbloods, or something.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Tw1tchy posted:

For the same reasons Gamzee is able to watch a youtube video.

And the same way Vriska knew Italian.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Karkat's shtick can never run thin with me. :allears:

The best part about this update is Karkat trying to find the leader, so he can be completely useless like his friends were when he was leader.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

quote:

DAVE: i got sicknasty logistics up my sleeve
DAVE: i just call them stics fyi which is how you know im way savvy about them
DAVE: most of the stics im fine tuning atm involve rap though i should warn you
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic_Studio

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wonder if they'll have gotten around to cleaning up all the blood by the time they arrive.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
John and Jade have five planets, all their homes and refrigerators, and a ship filled with rations. Dave, Rose, and the trolls only have a meteor. Is there even any food on that thing?

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Starmaker posted:

John and Jade have five planets, all their homes and refrigerators, and a ship filled with rations. Dave, Rose, and the trolls only have a meteor. Is there even any food on that thing?

Presuming they have grist, there is alchemizing equipment on the meteor

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Tollymain posted:

Wonder if they'll have gotten around to cleaning up all the blood by the time they arrive.

All they need is a mop and a bucket, so John's got them covered halfway.

Starmaker posted:

They've got all those clones in vats, no idea if they're edible. And dead trolls if it comes to that.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

All they need is a mop and a bucket, so John's got them covered halfway.

A bucket filled with multiple different trolls' blood mixing together like some kind of incestuous orgy? You are sick, sick

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Ammat The Ankh posted:

They've got all those clones in vats, no idea if they're edible. And dead trolls if it comes to that.

Let's not be hasty here. They probably need Feferi's corpse to prototype with Jane's Kernelsprite.

Hikarusa
Sep 8, 2011

Starmaker posted:

A bucket filled with multiple different trolls' blood mixing together like some kind of incestuous orgy? You are sick, sick

New theory: The rest of the trolls die on the way and one of the B2 kids prototypes the bucket full of all the troll blood

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
In a shocking twist, there will be a sprite that is actually prototyped by another non-prototyped sprite to make a spritesprite.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
You know, thinking about it, it's good that there's no trees on that asteroid. I can only imagine how Karkat would be acting in proximity of a stump right now :ohdear:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Zorak posted:

You know, thinking about it, it's good that there's no trees on that asteroid. I can only imagine how Karkat would be acting in proximity of a stump right now :ohdear:

Honestly, I think him flipping out means that he's finally regained his composure. It's when he stops drowning everyone in a torrent of disgruntled verbiage that something is seriously wrong.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I wonder how Kanaya will eat. :stare:

Will the kids + trolls be donating blood to be duplicated with the alchemizer? Awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Do they even have an alchemizer? I figure if one was available the whole "Dark Carnival" incident would have been quietly sidestepped.