Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evelynevvie
Sep 14, 2004

I'll fry you like a fritter! Crispy on the outside... chewy on the inside!!!

Teeter posted:

tl,dr:Is a period the be-all-end-all flag for not pregnant if no sex has occurred since? And is there any probability that I'm just being an insensitive rear end and maybe she really does have this much blood leaking from her for other reasons?

It's totally possible to basically tear the inside of the vagina during too rough sex causing bleeding, although I don't think that's the case here. Also, if she was close to starting her period a strong enough orgasm (in my experience) or even banging the cervix could have hastened things along, so to speak. There's really not a reason for her to bleed heavily other than period or injury. If she wasn't screaming in pain, probably period. The tampons more or less confirm this.

If she has taken her BC correctly, sex during the placebo week should not get her pregnant.

I think if it were me, I would take her to the dr for a pregnancy test. If she refuses, well there you go, she's trying to manipulate you. If not then you can find out for sure.

In short, you are right, she is a crazy bitch and you need to kick her to the curb.

Also, eggrolled, jesus loving christ :gonk: That is totally messed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Teeter posted:

Facts: I had unprotected sex once, and did not cum inside her. There are tampon wrappers in my trash can that showed up a few days after the fact, and there was a lot of bleeding when I had protected sex with her that day. Like, period amounts of bleeding, if you ask me (an ignorant idiot guy). She also forgot to flush once and I ran in to a fair bit of blood when I went to use my bathroom :gonk:. She's "on birth control" but it was the end of her pack or she was "on placebos for that week" or some other BS that she fed me. I'm also an idiot. Fact.

Things like implantation bleeding and bleeding from rough sex usually don't amount to much more than a few spots of blood in your underwear. Bleeding enough to need tampons and leave blood in the toilet is most likely period bleeding unless something abnormal is going on with her. Especially combined with her outright mentioning she was on the placebo week.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
I finally took a pregnancy test after my period was two weeks late, and it came out negative so I appear to be one of those lucky no-period IUD ladies.

limegrnxj
Apr 24, 2004

bobula posted:

I finally took a pregnancy test after my period was two weeks late, and it came out negative so I appear to be one of those lucky no-period IUD ladies.

Enjoy!! I had no period for years and it was wonderful! I can't wait to get a new IUD put in.

The Peacock
Dec 3, 2010

eggrolled posted:

:stare:

drat, girl! That definitely sounds defective! Contact the manufacturer, if you can.

Sum the Glad
Oct 3, 2003

Pills freak me out - would never want to gently caress with hormones.
Condoms are very uncomfortable for us both.

So it looks like I'm going to give the Sponge a shot.

First question (to any experienced users of this device): Wouldn't the sponge get moved around during sex, allowing sperm to just circumnavigate the sponge and enter?
Does it stay in place fairly well, considering you've inserted it correctly?

Second question, when removing the sponge (six hours later of course), is there any chance some of the ejaculated sperm left over might (now that the sponge has been removed) enter the uterus?

I'm really hopeful this might be the perfect contraceptive for us - prove me wrong!

Fanky Malloons
Aug 21, 2010

Is your social worker inside that horse?

Sum the Glad posted:

prove me wrong!

Well, from a quick Google, and just going by Wikipedia, are you sure you want to risk a failure rate of between 9 and 16 percent (I'm assuming you are nulliparous), plus an increased risk of yeast infections and UTIs? There are other, much more effective, non-hormonal birth control options out there. This table compares a whole bunch of hormonal and non-hormonal in terms of effectiveness. (Sorry to use wikipedia, I'm supposed to be studying for finals, so don't have the time/inclination to look up real studies at the moment).

ETA: Is there a particular reason why you don't want to use hormonal BC, other than 'it freaks me out'?

Fanky Malloons fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Dec 7, 2011

Sum the Glad
Oct 3, 2003

Fanky Malloons posted:

Well, from a quick Google, and just going by Wikipedia, are you sure you want to risk a failure rate of between 9 and 16 percent (I'm assuming you are nulliparous), plus an increased risk of yeast infections and UTIs? There are other, much more effective, non-hormonal birth control options out there. This table compares a whole bunch of hormonal and non-hormonal in terms of effectiveness. (Sorry to use wikipedia, I'm supposed to be studying for finals, so don't have the time/inclination to look up real studies at the moment).

ETA: Is there a particular reason why you don't want to use hormonal BC, other than 'it freaks me out'?

The 9-16% fail rate would be lessened by pulling out.

I didn't think the risk for yeast infections and UTIs were increased all THAT much. I guess I need to read up on that a bit more.

And in relation to the crazy side-effects of pills, the small risk the sponge poses seems to pale in comparison in my mind.

Pills are out of the question because she "doesn't want to mess with her hormones." Sensitive about this.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
Has she actually researched the pill or has she just made up her mind? There's also stuff like the implant, which uses a lower dose of hormone.

I dunno man, obviously whatever method you're most comfortable with is what you should be using, but it seems like this girl either doesn't understand hormones or is placing too much weight on the occasional horror story.

Bagleworm
Aug 15, 2007
I has your rocks
Between this thread and the last, I can't remember a single lady goon who used a contraceptive sponge. It's really not a popular option, because it uses spermicide (which many women have reactions to), has to be inserted before sex and is still not very effective. Probably, the things you were asking about (sponge moving, sperm escaping) are situations that contribute to the high failure rate.

If you were to combine it with pulling out every single time you had sex, that would decrease the failure rate accordingly. (In this case, your primary means of contraception would be withdrawal, with the sponge as a backup.)

You could also practice a menstrual tracking method; either the easier calendar method or the more involved FAM which tracks basal temperature, cervical mucus and/or other symptoms to determine when she is (you are?) ovulating. But, it takes a fair amount of effort and time. I've been tracking my menstrual cycle for a few months now out of interest (not for contraceptive purposes) and it's really easy to forget to take a temperature reading in the morning, etc, and you need several cycles of data before it becomes a reliable method. (I can't recall any lady goons who use the calendar method or FAM as a contraceptive, either.)

Really, the only nonhormonal method that can compare to hormonal methods in terms of failure rates and convenience is the copper IUD. I've had a copper IUD for four years, and have never regretted it or wanted to use a different method. Though, some people can't get past the idea of having something in their uterus. :P

plecostomus
Oct 17, 2009

Toned down for your pleasure
Hey goons, these custom fit condoms have been all over the news in the UK this week.
At last an answer for people like me with laughably small genitalia.

edit: link - http://www.theyfit.co.uk

plecostomus fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Dec 8, 2011

Sum the Glad
Oct 3, 2003

Bollock Monkey posted:

Has she actually researched the pill or has she just made up her mind? There's also stuff like the implant, which uses a lower dose of hormone.

I dunno man, obviously whatever method you're most comfortable with is what you should be using, but it seems like this girl either doesn't understand hormones or is placing too much weight on the occasional horror story.

It's hard for her to keep a regular pill taking schedule.

quote:

Between this thread and the last, I can't remember a single lady goon who used a contraceptive sponge. It's really not a popular option, because it uses spermicide (which many women have reactions to), has to be inserted before sex and is still not very effective. Probably, the things you were asking about (sponge moving, sperm escaping) are situations that contribute to the high failure rate.

If you were to combine it with pulling out every single time you had sex, that would decrease the failure rate accordingly. (In this case, your primary means of contraception would be withdrawal, with the sponge as a backup.)

You could also practice a menstrual tracking method; either the easier calendar method or the more involved FAM which tracks basal temperature, cervical mucus and/or other symptoms to determine when she is (you are?) ovulating. But, it takes a fair amount of effort and time. I've been tracking my menstrual cycle for a few months now out of interest (not for contraceptive purposes) and it's really easy to forget to take a temperature reading in the morning, etc, and you need several cycles of data before it becomes a reliable method. (I can't recall any lady goons who use the calendar method or FAM as a contraceptive, either.)

Really, the only nonhormonal method that can compare to hormonal methods in terms of failure rates and convenience is the copper IUD. I've had a copper IUD for four years, and have never regretted it or wanted to use a different method. Though, some people can't get past the idea of having something in their uterus. :P

Interesting. Yes, the thought of a copper item in the uterus does sound strange. You seem to be okay with it. Did the doctor tell you about any possible dangers of squeezing or crushing the device when exercising or stretching activity? Whats the worst part of the copper UID?

The Peacock
Dec 3, 2010

Sum the Glad posted:

Did the doctor tell you about any possible dangers of squeezing or crushing the device when exercising or stretching activity? Whats the worst part of the copper UID?

:stare:
No, because that's not really how it works. It's not a solid T of copper, it's flexible. In fact, once it's placed, many practitioners say you can go right back to exercise, sex, etc. You may experience cramping, but it shouldn't crumple inside of you.
The worst part is probably the heavy cramping/bleeding at each period, but it's small potatoes considering i'd rather have cramps than have babies.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

plecostomus posted:

Hey goons, these custom fit condoms have been all over the news in the UK this week.
At last an answer for people like me with laughably small genitalia.

edit: link - http://www.theyfit.co.uk

Thanks for this I don't think I've seen anything like that before, can this be added to the OP eggplant?

Sum the Glad: There are more hormonal options than just pills. Nuvaring, the patch, and Implanon are other hormonal options. Nuvaring is once a month, the patch is once a week, and Implanon is inserted into your arm and doesn't need to be replaced for 3 years.

Copper IUDs are great for those who want a non-hormonal option. The worst side effect after insertion is heavily periods and cramps, but that typically clears up and returns to normal in time.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Bagleworm posted:

I used FAM to postpone pregnancy for almost four years. (The first cycle I didn't abstain during my fertile period was the cycle I got pregnant.) If I didn't have religious reasons behind choosing that method, though, it would have been a lot harder to stick with it than it was.

I mean, it's not difficult, it doesn't really require training beyond getting a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility and following the instructions, and if done absolutely correctly it's very trustworthy, but it does take sustained effort - until you've been charting for a while you can't really skip taking your temperature, some women need to take their temperature at the exact same time every day, you can't just forget to check the other fertility signs either, and you have to be willing to err on the side of caution (no intercourse, or no intercourse without a condom) if you're at all unsure of something. Obviously, there's also going to be some days in the middle of your cycle where you have to either abstain from intercourse or use a condom because you're presently fertile.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Sum the Glad posted:

It's hard for her to keep a regular pill taking schedule.

Interesting. Yes, the thought of a copper item in the uterus does sound strange. You seem to be okay with it. Did the doctor tell you about any possible dangers of squeezing or crushing the device when exercising or stretching activity? Whats the worst part of the copper UID?

Like Kerfuffle said, there are hormonal options that don't really require sticking to a daily schedule if that's her only objection to it. And if she's willing to work at it, it's not that hard to get into the habit. I used to be absolutely terrible about taking my pills on time everyday until I set an alarm on my cell phone (since I always have my phone with me anyway). Or something like a cheapo digital watch would probably work too.

The copper IUD is actually a flexible piece of plastic that's wrapped with copper wire, so it's not like a solid metal object inside the body. I'm not even sure how much the uterus itself actually changes shape during movement, but it's not going to get crushed in there in any case. I don't have one myself, but from what I hear the worst parts are that it tends to cause heavier periods/stronger cramps for a while and the insertion process can be a bit unpleasant.

Bagleworm
Aug 15, 2007
I has your rocks

zonohedron posted:

I used FAM to postpone pregnancy for almost four years. (The first cycle I didn't abstain during my fertile period was the cycle I got pregnant.) If I didn't have religious reasons behind choosing that method, though, it would have been a lot harder to stick with it than it was.

That's really neat! I think it's a great method because you learn so much about your body and female fertility along the way. It does seem to take a while to get into the habit of gathering that info every single day... and having to abstain or use condoms for a week or whatever can be a hassle for some people, but I personally think it would be a good fit for a lot of people who would otherwise not use contraception or are unhappy/worried about their non-hormonal contraception.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Bagleworm posted:

I think it's a great method because you learn so much about your body and female fertility along the way. It does seem to take a while to get into the habit of gathering that info every single day... and having to abstain or use condoms for a week or whatever can be a hassle for some people, but I personally think it would be a good fit for a lot of people who would otherwise not use contraception or are unhappy/worried about their non-hormonal contraception.

There's definitely a lot of advantages. I mean, just from a practical standpoint, learning that my cycles can be anywhere between 24 and 32 days long certainly explained why using a calendar to guess when my period would show up never worked all that well. I just try to be honest that it isn't quite as straightforward as "remember to take a pill at the same time every day" or "remember to use a condom".

uberwekkness
Jul 25, 2008

You have to train harder to make it to nationals.
Okay, uhh... I'm on the pill, so I'm usually VERY regular. The one time my period was weird, I assumed it was because I was taking my pill at weird times for the week or two leading up to it.

This month, I've been right on time just about every day. The couple times I was late, it was no more than an hour or two. My period started 5 days early, which is insane, for me, and it doesn't seem like it's going to stop until the usual time in my next pill pack. What does this mean? Can stress cause this sort of thing to happen?

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

uberwekkness posted:

Can stress cause this sort of thing to happen?
Yes, it's happened to me a few times from stress, though it's usually just spotty until it's supposed to actually start.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.
Hi guys, I have a question for a friend who needs information.

Her daughter is 9, almost 10, and got her first period yesterday. Gross, but maybe important? Her discharged blood was so dark that it looked black. As she put it, "like when a baby first shits after its born." Her daughter initially thought she had poo poo herself or something. My friend kind of fubbed her period-and-sex talk since she did it on the fly. She wasn't expecting to have this talk for at least another year :j: What are some good, fact-based, this-isnt-a-terrifying-thing videos/books/articles about getting your period and how to handle it? Her daughter is smart as a whip and pretty mature (for a 9 year old, at least) so I want her to have all the facts.

Bagleworm
Aug 15, 2007
I has your rocks

2508084 posted:

Gross, but maybe important? Her discharged blood was so dark that it looked black. As she put it, "like when a baby first shits after its born." Her daughter initially thought she had poo poo herself or something.

I don't have any period-talk resources, but just wanted to mention that super dark brown or almost black discharge is pretty normal for when girls first start getting their periods. (I remember around grade seven I would get sticky dark brown/black discharge on a monthly basis, and then after a few cycles it finally turned red and more liquid.)

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~
I had this book growing up and it was very informational, but not overwhelming. It touches on periods, but also growing boobs, pubic/underarm hair, peer pressure, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Care-Keeping-American-Girl-Library/dp/1562476661

Also, I had always heard your first period "starts slow" and then gets heavier, so a brownish discharge for a day or two, then red blood. When I got mine, I was gushing red from the first moment. I don't think what color her blood was really matters. I've certainly had near-black discharge before, so it doesn't seem unreasonable to assume that it's abnormal just because it's her first time.

uberwekkness
Jul 25, 2008

Hahaha! I had this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Period-Book-Updated-Everything-Dont/dp/0802777368/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1323819299&sr=1-1
goes over periods, how to talk to your parents, body image, etc. Really helped me out at that age. And when I think someone's boobs look weird, the "there are all kinds of boobs" page, complete with illustration still pops into my head. It talks about sex too, though, so parents who are particular about that might not want it around.

But really dark blood at the start of a period is totally normal. It's just old blood. Maybe 70% of my periods start out looking just like that, so tell her not to worry about it.

Edit: Forgot about this. I think it even has a section describing what's normal to see in a period, and what's abnormal, and something you should go talk to your parent or see a doctor about.

uberwekkness fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 14, 2011

uberwekkness
Jul 25, 2008

Well gently caress. I know why my period is weird.

Somehow, I missed two days of pills this month. Today's Tuesday, according to my pills, I should be on Sunday. I was really emotionally fried this month, so I guess it's to do with that, and maybe my brain just shut down at some point or something equally mysterious and disconcerting.

What do I do here? They are the white pills at the end. Should I just take all 3, or proceed as normal?

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

uberwekkness posted:

Well gently caress. I know why my period is weird.

Somehow, I missed two days of pills this month. Today's Tuesday, according to my pills, I should be on Sunday. I was really emotionally fried this month, so I guess it's to do with that, and maybe my brain just shut down at some point or something equally mysterious and disconcerting.

What do I do here? They are the white pills at the end. Should I just take all 3, or proceed as normal?

The white pills are generally placebo, and it's harmless to skip them (with the caveat you didn't mention your pill brand, so I don't know for sure).

If you are at all worried, use alternate protection (condom, etc) until you have taken the eighth pill of the new pack (for 7 complete days of pill taking)

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
The white tablets, you mean you missed the placebos only? If you have missed 2 days of your placebos you can play marbles with the missed pills for all it matters, just pick up at the next appropriate day to keep your habit. If you have missed 2 active pills then refer to the instructions - usually they advise that you stop taking pills until you have your period, when it starts go onto a new packet like a new user and, of course, use alternative contraception until you're 1/2 weeks into the new pack.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

Kat Delacour posted:

The white tablets, you mean you missed the placebos only? If you have missed 2 days of your placebos you can play marbles with the missed pills for all it matters, just pick up at the next appropriate day to keep your habit. If you have missed 2 active pills then refer to the instructions - usually they advise that you stop taking pills until you have your period, when it starts go onto a new packet like a new user and, of course, use alternative contraception until you're 1/2 weeks into the new pack.

I have never seen a packet that said to stop your pills if you miss two. If you miss two, take two pills for two days to catch up, then keep going. If you miss 3, you immediately toss the pack and start a new one, using a back up for a week.

Uberwekkness, do you know when you missed the two pills? If you do not, the damage is probably already done and you should start your new pack on the day you're supposed to. If you missed two placebos, same thing, just keep going like normal, as you don't have to take those. Otherwise, it's kind of hard to say what you should do, especially if you don't remember when you missed. I guess use a back up for a week to be safe..?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Yeah the web says you're right. Maybe it's a bad memory, or an antipodean 'you can OD on levonorgestrel as an emergency contraceptive and we don't want that' thing.

uberwekkness
Jul 25, 2008

That's the tricky thing. I've been so frazzled that I don't know when I missed them. I doubt it's consecutive, anyway. Oh well. I only have the one last placebo, and my period is tapering off, so I'll just start my new pack today and use condoms for the next week or so. Should that do the trick? Or should I use them longer than that?

It's Gianvi, by the way, the generic Yaz.

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour

2508084 posted:

Hi guys, I have a question for a friend who needs information.
Her discharged blood was so dark that it looked black. As she put it, "like when a baby first shits after its born." Her daughter initially thought she had poo poo herself or something.

I got my period when I was 9 and it was exactly like that. I thought I had pooped myself too, I had no idea what was going on because nobody had told me anything about periods at that point. But yes, it's totally normal. It might be dark brown or black and thick/sticky for a few cycles before it starts to get more normal.

I had that one too! My parents never actually spoke with me about "life changes" so this was the only resource I had. It was very helpful, I would recommend it.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

uberwekkness posted:

That's the tricky thing. I've been so frazzled that I don't know when I missed them. I doubt it's consecutive, anyway. Oh well. I only have the one last placebo, and my period is tapering off, so I'll just start my new pack today and use condoms for the next week or so. Should that do the trick? Or should I use them longer than that?

It's Gianvi, by the way, the generic Yaz.

Missing one pill doesn't usually require a back up, and if you really think they were not consecutively missed, you're probably fine not to use a back up in that case. Because it's after the fact, the damage is done and the 'threat' has likely passed. Especially since you've just finished your placebo week.

If it'll make you feel safer or whatever, a week is fine, but more than that is probably not necessary.

Lanthanum
Oct 19, 2008

I wish I had a robot husband. That would be baller as fuck.
I started my pills on a Saturday instead of a Sunday, I thought it was Sunday, and then just kept taking them. However, Every time my boyfriend and I have sex, I bleed a tiny bit. Is this because I took the pill a day early? It should go back to normal (Not bleed during/after sex) after a while? Its a tad bit worrying to me :/

This didn't happen with the previous months pill packet.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
That probably wouldn't make a big difference. Are you in pain at all when you bleed? Are you using enough lube? Has he started really going hard at your cervix lately? You might want to get checked out just to make sure you're okay down there. It's probably nothing to worry about but I doubt it would happen from starting your pills a day early.

Lanthanum
Oct 19, 2008

I wish I had a robot husband. That would be baller as fuck.
No pain at all, I'm usually wet enough but if not we use lube, and he never goes hard at my cervix because I get reaaaaaaaally bad cramps if he does. It bleeds for a bit, ~10 min after, then it goes away until the next time we have sex.

Budget Bears
Feb 7, 2011

I had never seen anyone make sweet love to a banjo like this before.
What can you guys tell me about your experiences with the depo shot? I just now started having sex again after not having regular sex for around 7 or 8 months, so I need to get back on birth control.

I used to be on the patch, but it made me constantly nauseous. :(

I can't remember to take a pill and I'm too squeamish for an IUD. I like that the depo shot lasts for three months, it seems relatively low-hassle and from what I've read it's about as effective as my previous birth control.

Have any of you ladies had bad experiences with the shot? lovely side effects, etc?

The Peacock
Dec 3, 2010

Budget Bears posted:

What can you guys tell me about your experiences with the depo shot? I just now started having sex again after not having regular sex for around 7 or 8 months, so I need to get back on birth control.

I can't remember to take a pill and I'm too squeamish for an IUD. I like that the depo shot lasts for three months, it seems relatively low-hassle and from what I've read it's about as effective as my previous birth control.

Have any of you ladies had bad experiences with the shot? lovely side effects, etc?

I had massive (like 30lb) weight gain, though I also had that with the Nuva Ring. I also lost my sex drive and felt very depressive.

What about the IUD makes you squeamish? It was a crampy 5 minutes, but now I can have sex whenever I want with no side effects (except heavier periods, but hey- no hormones!)You just have to check the strings ~1 time a month, except it's still new to me and I'm still checking every time I think about it!

BigGayLogan
Feb 19, 2011

Quit moeing around like that, uguu~?

Budget Bears posted:

You sound like me when I first started posting in this thread. I too was squeamish about getting an IUD and considered Depo instead, but I ultimately got the Mirena. One day of severe pain for 5 years of protection sounded pretty drat good to me, and I hate pain!

Comparing the side effects of the shot versus a hormonal IUD, the latter seems to be better. Again, every woman is different, but I've had the Mirena for almost two months and I've noticed I've been losing weight and my period came to a dead stop as soon as the IUD was inserted. The only "bleeding" I've had since was just some very light discharge that only lasted about a couple weeks tops. If the only thing stopping you from getting an IUD is the pain, just remember, the whole procedure takes no more than five minutes and the cramps usually subside by the next day. After that, you just gotta come back for your follow-up after one month and then you're good until your next annual. Sounds a little more convenient than having to return every three months for a shot.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

Budget Bears posted:

Maybe look into Implanon as an option?
I can't tell you anything about Depo but when I was looking at non-pill options the implant was perfect for me, though I could live without the "irregular bleeding". Now I kind of wish I got an IUD but it might be my next method when my 3 years on the implant are up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Budget Bears posted:

I used Depo for the maximum time allowed (3 yrs), and it delivered all I wanted: no pregnancies.

There were some side effects: I became super weepy when my shot was wearing down/right after a booster.

Pro: I never became pregnant and my rag disappeared.

Talk: I might have gained some pounds but I was in a very sedentary lifestyle. Sex drive seemed normal for me.

• Locked thread