Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

YggiDee posted:

Do they even have an alchemizer? I figure if one was available the whole "Dark Carnival" incident would have been quietly sidestepped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Well alright then! :downs:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Yeah, I think just nobody thought to alchemize slime for Gamzee and he wasn't in the state of mind to medicate himself. Or maybe they didn't have the code for it.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

Cabbit posted:

Yeah, I think just nobody thought to alchemize slime for Gamzee and he wasn't in the state of mind to medicate himself. Or maybe they didn't have the code for it.

Even if they did, wasn't it Equius who told Gamzee to stop eating the slime?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

Even if they did, wasn't it Equius who told Gamzee to stop eating the slime?

I don't think Equius could have told Gamzee to do anything.

Octopimp
Feb 20, 2006

Dumb pointy anime shades

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

I don't think Equius could have told Gamzee to do anything.

Well, he tried to. But it didn't go well for him...

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Octopimp posted:

Well, he tried to. But it didn't go well for him...

I dunno, he seemed pretty happy about the outcome.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

Honestly, I think him flipping out means that he's finally regained his composure. It's when he stops drowning everyone in a torrent of disgruntled verbiage that something is seriously wrong.

I dunno, he was kind of flipping out too. He's been pretty much constantly flipping out. It's his coping mechanism. Doesn't mean it works.

It's kind of obvious he blames both himself and everyone else that this poo poo happened. Kind of hard to blame him (:v: ) for that. SO MUCH MURDER.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
Karkat raging against the heavens is his normal mode, this is a kind of signal that things have finally calmed down enough for him to yell about how dumb his friends are, instead of how murderous they are. And other than Gamzee the trolls that are left are pretty reasonable and murder-free! And I think Karkat learned his lesson in regards to Gamzee, so he probably won't kill anyone else.

But yeah Karkat screwed up a lot, but he's equivalent to a 13-year-old, he was given way more responsibility than was reasonable. He's just the only one, it seems, who's really realized this, if only because he's so keen on hating himself.

I'm pretty sure he has more of a role to play in things to come, he'll have his chance to be a hero yet.

(also of all the surviving trolls, he's the only one who hasn't killed anyone ever. He's just such a human)

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

poo poo just got Real

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Starmaker posted:

also of all the surviving trolls, he's the only one who hasn't killed anyone ever.

Well, we really don't know much about his life before SGRUB. He might have had to silence a few people who learned too much about his mutant blood. v:v:v

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

quote:

DAVE: well poo poo
DAVE: thats a hell of a mystery no one thought was a mystery and didnt even really need solving
DAVE: but drat if it didnt just get solved so nice work

I don't know why this is so funny.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Man, just look at Kanaya's expression in that last panel.

Karkat posted:

KARKAT: DAMMIT, WHEN THE gently caress WILL I LEARN NOT TO TURN MY BACK ON THE BODIES.

I loving love this comic. :allears:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesus gently caress Kanaya looks pissed off. :stare: Is it just me or is this coming out of left field? I did not see this coming.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

who cares what he does with the bodies guy is ineffable. why is kanyana doing this? leave the clown alone.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Tollymain posted:

Jesus gently caress Kanaya looks pissed off. :stare: Is it just me or is this coming out of left field? I did not see this coming.

She's obviously refusing to let him make out with Vriska's corpse.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was under the impression she didn't give a gently caress about Vriska anymore.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Tollymain posted:

I was under the impression she didn't give a gently caress about Vriska anymore.

It was just my best guess.

So hey, apparently there's another visitor inbound. Jack?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Tollymain posted:

Is it just me or is this coming out of left field? I did not see this coming.

I get the feeling Hussie basically just decided he didn't actually want all of the trolls continuing on and is going to now remove even more trolls. Gamzee and Kanaya will kill each other off, leaving us with only the two principal trolls making the journey or something.

e: unless this is a cunning ruse to do the exact opposite

Walliard posted:

If Karkat paps Jack into submission it will be beyond entertaining.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Oh man, what if we get a walk-around flash? Oh please let us get a walk-around flash.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Vaah posted:

Oh man, what if we get a walk-around flash? Oh please let us get a walk-around flash.

The last four walkarounds have all more or less led to the death of the character doing the walking. :ohdear: (though only one of them stuck)

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

Walliard posted:

It was just my best guess.

Wayward Vagabond's body?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Zorak posted:

I get the feeling Hussie basically just decided he didn't actually want all of the trolls continuing on and is going to now remove even more trolls. Gamzee and Kanaya will kill each other off, leaving us with only the two principal trolls making the journey or something.

e: unless this is a cunning ruse to do the exact opposite

If he wanted to kill Kanaya off, then why revive her in the first place? Reviving her just so she could help Jade discover the final frog feels like she's being underused. I could see her being used to help get a new Matriorb and set the stage for the post-New Kids planet having trolls on it. I'm not surprised he's dumping Sollux, though.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
You know, I wonder if the fact that Gamzee has been storing everyone's body in jars will end up being significant. Like... that every dead troll is canned. Be it for ectobiology or some kind of hero power or weird troll reproduction or WHAT.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Kanaya is badass! This latest panel is just all kinds of brooding.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Zorak posted:

You know, I wonder if the fact that Gamzee has been storing everyone's body in jars will end up being significant. Like... that every dead troll is canned. Be it for ectobiology or some kind of hero power or weird troll reproduction or WHAT.

Possibly. We've yet to really see any blood powers from Karkat and he was also the ectobiology guy in their session.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
This is the best intermission :swoon:

Walliard posted:

The last four walkarounds have all more or less led to the death of the character doing the walking. :ohdear: (though only one of them stuck)

Terezi's still around.

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
NOOOOOOOOOO Gamzee!!!! D:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
The kids and trolls finally meeting up is basically everything I hoped it would be. :allears:

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

closeted republican posted:

If he wanted to kill Kanaya off, then why revive her in the first place? Reviving her just so she could help Jade discover the final frog feels like she's being underused. I could see her being used to help get a new Matriorb and set the stage for the post-New Kids planet having trolls on it. I'm not surprised he's dumping Sollux, though.

I don't think he's dumping anyone. Aradia will continue to fill the same behind-the-scenes-yet-important role she was playing as a psychopomp. Sollux will just now be her little buddy. They're turning into a tag-team Grim Reaper duo and it's wonderful.

I'm pretty sure he's not going to kill off Kanaya here. I'd be surprised if he killed Gamzee off but maybe. I don't think he ever intended to wipe out all the trolls and the constant suggestions are getting a little tiresome!

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Has Karkat ever whispered in lower case like that before? I can't remember if that is a thing he has ever done or whether he's just that unhappy with this whole situation.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'd be pretty surprised if either Kanaya or Gamzee got killed here to be honest. If Gamzee was going to get killed off I don't see much reason to do it now rather than get it over with back during his rampage, since he hasn't done anything since then. Similarly, between the whole elaborate vampire thing to bring her back the first time and the matriorb storyline unfinished, killing off Kanaya now seems somewhat unlikely.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
Gamzee still needs to do whatever it is he does that makes him the most important character in all of homestuck.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

Oh yeah, and killing Gamzee now would render the whole Karkat pap shoosh thing completely meaningless.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

Rooreelooo posted:

Gamzee still needs to do whatever it is he does that makes him the most important character in all of homestuck.
Making John's session terminal wasn't important enough?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Gamzee noooooooooo :ohdear:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Rooreelooo posted:

That was Cal. Cal was sitting on his lap. Gamzee is entirely inconsequential - that's the joke.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rooreelooo posted:

I don't think that was Gamzee.

Remember how during Cascade it flashed back to that panel and showed Scratch's head where Gamzee's eye was? I think it was supposed to indicate that it was Scratch, maybe? I dunno.

Anyway, Kanaya's the best and okay, I admit it I was a little :allears: while her and Rose were talking. I wouldn't be even a little bit surprised if Kanaya killed Gamzee here. I think if anybody would be unwilling to forgive him for killing Nepeta and Equius, it'd be her.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Wow so we may wind up with only three trolls going to the new session after all is said and done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Nate RFB posted:

Wow so we may wind up with only three trolls going to the new session after all is said and done.

Wait, then...

Karkat, Terezi, Gamzee, Dave, Rose, John, Jade...

That's seven.

Oh god it really is going to be a one-player session isn't it :ohdear: