Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Cleretic posted:

Oh god it really is going to be a one-player session isn't it :ohdear:

The auto-responder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
Karkat's uncapslocked whisper is absolutely adorable adorabloodthirsty :allears:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Man I hope there aren't any lasting hard feelings from that whole crotchpunting incident.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
"inexplicably heretofore unmentioned phosphorescence" got me laughing. It's a combination of the keen eye of the situation and Rose's spot-on vocabulary. Oh Hussie.

EDIT: Also, hooray for reusage of superadorable Aradia face :3:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Krinkle posted:

who cares what he does with the bodies guy is ineffable. why is kanyana doing this? leave the clown alone.

you'd be angry too if someone kept dragging away your dinner and putting it in a vat.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Cleretic posted:

Wait, then...

Karkat, Terezi, Gamzee, Dave, Rose, John, Jade...

That's seven.

Clearly, shenanigans will ensue and the 12th player (four post-scratch guardians, four kids, three trolls) will be UU.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Cleretic posted:

Wait, then...

Karkat, Terezi, Gamzee, Dave, Rose, John, Jade...

That's seven.

Does davesprite still count as a sprite if they move into a new session?

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
Why are you all forgetting Kanaya? She's going with them, she just wanted to stay at the sun, but Rose talked her into coming.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

VJeff posted:

I don't think that was Gamzee.

Remember how during Cascade it flashed back to that panel and showed Scratch's head where Gamzee's eye was? I think it was supposed to indicate that it was Scratch, maybe? I dunno.

Anyway, Kanaya's the best and okay, I admit it I was a little :allears: while her and Rose were talking. I wouldn't be even a little bit surprised if Kanaya killed Gamzee here. I think if anybody would be unwilling to forgive him for killing Nepeta and Equius, it'd be her.

In Cascade, it showed that as Gamzee was looking at the monitor Lil Cal was sitting on his lap - also looking at the monitor. Lil Cal being the most important character in Homestuck doesn't seem like as much of a stretch as it once would have...

annatar
Jan 14, 2007
hellol

quote:

KARKAT: VRISKA'S BODY IS GONE TOO!
DAVE: wait
DAVE: shes dead too
TEREZI: 3R...

Probably shouldn't have told tz to kill her!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Gamzee noooo :( Why does everyone have to be so mean to him???

Also I hope the last guest is Jack and we get to hear him speak for the first time.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

I'm just going to take a moment to be a smug bastard and point out I was vindicated in thinking that trusting Hussie's fourmspring answer was unwise. Who cares Hussie? Apparently Kanaya.

Though personally I don't think Kanaya will be successful in her clown hunt.

I think the conclusion of this new plot twist will tie into "[s] All behold the glory of the Zillihoo". But really who knows at this point.

Admiral Lasers
Dec 10, 2000

You know what would be great? If Gamzee just becomes a pest they can't seem to get rid of for the next three years. His clownface just pops out every once in a while to honk mischievously before disappearing into the crawlspace where Kanaya can't get at him.

Better not leave any pies out on the windowsill, guys! HONK honk HONK honk!

Edit: doesn't he have lil Cal with him, too? oh, the mischief that pair will get all up to!

Admiral Lasers fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 21, 2011

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Admiral Lasers posted:

You know what would be great? If Gamzee just becomes a pest they can't seem to get rid of for the next three years. His clownface just pops out every once in a while to honk mischievously before disappearing into the crawlspace where Kanaya can't get at him.

Better not leave any pies out on the windowsill, guys! HONK honk HONK honk!

Edit: doesn't he have lil Cal with him, too? oh, the mischief that pair will get all up to!

Gamfield, don't eat my troll-lasagna!

Admiral Lasers
Dec 10, 2000

Guys, GAMFIELD's been smooching the corpses AGAIN!!

honk HONK!

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I really wish Vriska was still alive. I'd be happy for there to be some bullshit reason for it but then all the other dead trolls could come back too which I don't want. So i just have to learn to live with her being dead and (prime) John never meeting her.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

How exactly do the humans recognize each individual troll anyway? Did they send Myspace-style mirror shots over Trollian or what?
:goonsay:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

loquacius posted:

How exactly do the humans recognize each individual troll anyway? Did they send Myspace-style mirror shots over Trollian or what?

Rose is a seer and Dave......I don't know, I'll get back to you on that.

I assume they could just go off their voices, because I assume they're reminiscent of their typing quirks.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

loquacius posted:

They heard the colour of their speech, obviously :colbert:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

loquacius posted:

Well, Terezi is easy to guess, since she sent Dave pictures of her.

The yelling one is obviously Karkat.

The juggalo is easy to guess.

Sollux never really talked to the humans much, so they wouldn't recognize him in any case.

Aradia is wearing her chat color.

Was Rose even in-on the Dream Bubble planning sessions?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
To be honest, I do hope this is kind of a fake-out. Like Gamzee is gathering the bodies because drat Aradia's corpse party sounded awesome. So he brings everyone's bodies up, they toss them, the inevitable bucket incident happens, and they go on their way. It does not seem like an opportune time for Trollpocalypse 2.0, pacing-wise, honestly.

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

quote:

DAVE: when i was really young
DAVE: he made this stupid leather bib for me out of a goddamn horse
DAVE: for the ironies obviously

I am keen to know more about Dave's unquestionably bizarre childhood; it seems rife with hilarity. Bro is just so drat inscrutable.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Nate RFB posted:

To be honest, I do hope this is kind of a fake-out. Like Gamzee is gathering the bodies because drat Aradia's corpse party sounded awesome. So he brings everyone's bodies up, they toss them, the inevitable bucket incident happens, and they go on their way. It does not seem like an opportune time for Trollpocalypse 2.0, pacing-wise, honestly.

Nah, this isn't even that. He's a troll, he just likes to make piles of things for some reason.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

King of Solomon posted:

Nah, this isn't even that. He's a troll, he just likes to make piles of things for some reason.

Nesting instinct. They're like dogs.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Android Blues posted:

Nesting instinct. They're like dogs.

Up next: Jade sleeping in the planet pile.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

King of Solomon posted:

ahaha the corepse pile dosent stop from getting taller

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

dumb brunette posted:

Karkat's uncapslocked whisper is absolutely adorable adorabloodthirsty :allears:

I thought he was mentally projecting at sollux or something.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I'm still waiting for the intermission to suddenly end or cut away. There's supposedly five or six of these things coming up, they can afford to space out encounters - especially if the intermissions threaten to be longer than the act parts.

But anyway, lots of interesting stuff to consider this update. So Aradia and Sollux are both staying behind, kind of guarantees the dead characters are going to be more important at some point. Gamzee doing something with the bodies also sort of seems like it might be important. Maybe how they dispose of them will make it possible that they could be revived? Like being thrown into the Green Sun? Or maybe how they're preserved in tubes will affect something to do with the Matriorb? No clue, but it might possibly be deeper besides "Crazy clown likes mutilating corpses".

There's also the renewed question of trolls possibly getting killed. I assumed at first everyone was okay with Gamzee so long as Karkat could keep him under control, but it appears maybe not (or maybe Karkat can't after all). With three god-tiers in attendence there's no question they could bring Gamzee down by force if they worked together, but cooperation hasn't been in abundance on the asteroid. Even if they do, there's no reason Gamzee couldn't kill somebody before getting killed or subdued again.

Since we've had this great opportunity to see the trolls and kids interacting, I do hope we get to see Dave's full reaction to the bloodbath. If they're hunting Gamzee they'll probably see all the corpses and Dave's been pretty reliably human when it comes to breaking his cool in the presence of death. It'd be nice to get some more "what the gently caress you guys are psychotics" out of him. This group has to be stable enough to go three years without murder, I don't really see Gamzee as part of that.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

loquacius posted:

Also, yes, terezi did to john earlier, remember?

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Hoping Gamzee is just preparing them for some sort of troll funeral and Karkat is just assuming the worst of him again.

And Kanaya probably just really wants their blood, not to kill him.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I really doubt it's anything malicious. Didn't he have his own lusus in a giant jar? He was sitting on it when Equius found him.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

loquacius posted:

I really doubt it's anything malicious. Didn't he have his own lusus in a giant jar? He was sitting on it when Equius found him.
The thing is, that wouldn't have been his actual lusus' body, that got prototyped. So either it was a chess monster that just looked like his lusus, or he was recreating it in the tube.

And if it's the latter, maybe he'll be trying to clone the dead trolls? Just seems weird that he's putting them in tubes.

Also, if Sollux isn't going with them, how will they be flying the meteor? Kanaya's Space powers or what?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

TVs Ian posted:

The thing is, that wouldn't have been his actual lusus' body, that got prototyped. So either it was a chess monster that just looked like his lusus, or he was recreating it in the tube.

And if it's the latter, maybe he'll be trying to clone the dead trolls? Just seems weird that he's putting them in tubes.

Also, if Sollux isn't going with them, how will they be flying the meteor? Kanaya's Space powers or what?

They need to wait for the bucket, because after getting hit with it Karkat will hate a hole straight through the universe, just like he said he would.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

TVs Ian posted:

Well, his lusus got prototyped. So some of the monsters look like his lusus. So he was sitting on the tube of one that did!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

If Sollux stays behind, it'd also mean that the new session has a Hero of everything except Doom. That seems a bit odd, unless it is important that there be no Doom.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hm. Not enough detail to tell exactly what it was or if it shared any characteristics with other prototyped lusii, but while searching for the flash in question I rediscovered this log which is one of many strong candidates for Best Log so it wasn't a TOTAL waste of time.

quote:

TC: iF i CoUlD mAkE yOu SmIlE iT'd Be ThE bEsT fUcKiN mIrAcLe I eVeR dId PaRt Of.
TC: hOnK hOnK hOnK! :o)

Why oh why did I not make that my custom title :allears:

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

They need to wait for the bucket, because after getting hit with it Karkat will hate a hole straight through the universe, just like he said he would.
That would be a great Homestuck-style twist- both for the inherent absurdity, and because it would mean that John et al were hurrying around and only made it at the last second... because they caused the last second and created the opening that let the other party leave the Green Sun.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
Gamzee is putting the bodies in the tubes. The tubes which were used to clone all the chess people and post-prototyping monsters. Gamzee is putting the bodies of dead trolls in cloning machines that can do ectobiology.

Why hello, Equius/Arthour hybrid. Why hello, giant amorphous blob made of all trolls pitifully wheezing pleas for death.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Karkat, get down from your high horse. We've seen you kiss just as many dead bodies as we've seen Gamzee kiss. <:mad:>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

creationist believer posted:

Karkat, get down from your high horse. We've seen you kiss just as many dead bodies as we've seen Gamzee kiss. <:mad:>

Well, to be far, Karkat kissed a head that was still attached to the rest of the body :v: