Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

ConfusedUs posted:

In this world, he WROTE the evil overlord list, then gave it to his minions.

Basically. http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0766.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

That's exactly what I was referring to

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Again, that's exactly the kind of thing that Xykon would blast right through in order to make a point about power.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
My favorite part is that the sheet looks like the instruction manual for the game

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Am I the only one really looking forward to seeing Nale eventually try to double-cross Tarquin, and have Tarquin not only see it coming, but use the betrayal to his own ends? He probably won't kill him (at least not directly) but I would be sincerely disappointed if he didn't already have an ace up his sleeve.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Colon V posted:

Am I the only one really looking forward to seeing Nale eventually try to double-cross Tarquin, and have Tarquin not only see it coming, but use the betrayal to his own ends? He probably won't kill him (at least not directly) but I would be sincerely disappointed if he didn't already have an ace up his sleeve.

If anybody surprises Tarquin with a double-cross or whatever, it'll have to be Elan. That is the only way that it would be a surprise anyway.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
As long as Nale loving dies. I know the impractically scheming backstabber is a great element to keep the plot going but he's loving tedious to slog through and needs to be gone by now.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Well thats too bad for you because the Linear Guild are typically the highlights of the strip for me and they look to be staying until the end.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
"Hey Elan, you've been arrested for raping the elf king's only daughter!"

"It's okay, it's my one-trick evil twin brother and his shapeshifting accomplice. I've already been released, and they've escaped after a brief battle."

"Okay, let's continue looking for Girard's Gate, here in the year 2021."

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Nilbop posted:

As long as Nale loving dies.

So you want to see... the last Nale in coffin? :downsrim:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Nale's a little annoying, but more Nale means more Thog, and more Thog is always appreciated.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Nenonen posted:

So you want to see... the last Nale in coffin? :downsrim:

:bravo: You Naled it..

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Pyrolocutus posted:

Basically. http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0766.html

"Point 4: Get them." is one of my all time favourite gags from the comic. I stated "ha!" loudly enough for my girlfriend to ask what was so funny (I never lol).

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

"... call the expert at kissing and stuff..."
NEW STRIP!!

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0822.html

And it's a good one.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Heel Malack. Heel.

Even funnier since he's a cleric ;)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
It's time for Malack to move past it, and heel. No reason to turn into a big sack of tears (in the fabric of space).

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Dec 20, 2011

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Okay, I did NOT see that one coming.

This is going to be GREAT, especially once the Big X and his boys show up!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Dear Tarquin:

Please please please take over the strip and conquer the world. You are the best.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

This will end with Tarquin dying after being betrayed by Malack. The kobold will get his head torn off, and V will probably have found a way to take out ZZ. Sabine and Nale will get away as always.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

gently caress.

YES.

:f5:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Terror Sweat posted:

This will end with Tarquin dying after being betrayed by Malack. The kobold will get his head torn off, and V will probably have found a way to take out ZZ. Sabine and Nale will get away as always.

And ten seconds later, Sabine calls the IFCC to tell them everyone who could oppose them is dead, dying, or utterly exhausted from dealing out the aforementioned death and dying.

The fiends win. Everyone dies.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Yeah, making the powerful cleric fight alongside his most intensely hated enemy does not strike me as a recipe for success. Now hope that Tarquin's going to backstab Nale at some point.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
That poor kobold.

Iggy Johnson
Mar 11, 2007

It doesn't work if you beg.
I laughed maniacally with joy reading that strip. That's going to be some good comics.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Pope Guilty posted:

That poor kobold.

His wings will be delicious in hot sauce.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

V. Illych L. posted:

Yeah, making the powerful cleric fight alongside his most intensely hated enemy does not strike me as a recipe for success. Now hope that Tarquin's going to backstab Nale at some point.

It's not tactically sound, but it is naratively sound. And that's whats most important.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Who What Now posted:

It's not tactically sound, but it is naratively sound. And that's whats most important.
It also means there will be someone watching Nale's every move, and who will not hesitate to destroy him utterly if he steps a toe out of line.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
It's also a nice reminder to the readers that as awesome as Tarquin is, he's kind of a dick. Close friend/long time allies children murdered? Feh, tired of hearing about it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Pope Guilty posted:

That poor kobold.

I'm actually wondering- Belkar is still supposed to "draw his last breath" relatively soon (before the end of the in-world year, whenever THAT is), and while he does kill a lot of kobolds he also got screwed by the Oracle, so maybe this random kobold will even the score.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

They're not bringing Thog...

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Poil posted:

They're not bringing Thog...

He'll appear, eventually. Perhaps we'll get a side story of the friends he makes while at labor camp. An adventure with a retarded djinn or something.

E: which would be amazing.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Who What Now posted:

It's incredibly narratively UNSOUND. There is probably even an "evil overlord handbook" entry about "don't hurt the feelings of your most important ally before heading into an incredibly important battle."

ninja edit: It's probably the only really dumb thing we've seen him do, so I bet he has a cunning plan...

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

navyjack posted:

It's incredibly narratively UNSOUND. There is probably even an "evil overlord handbook" entry about "don't hurt the feelings of your most important ally before heading into an incredibly important battle."

ninja edit: It's probably the only really dumb thing we've seen him do, so I bet he has a cunning plan...

Well Tarquin knows that Nale is going to betray him so this is insurance for that point.

The main problem is Tarquin's sudden desire to take control of the gate when it runs entirely contrary to his previous behaviour of slow and cautious power consolidation.
Tarquin was sensible when he told Elan 'I have a good thing going and I'd much rather the world didn't end so I'll help you stop the Big Bad'. Suddenly making a play for the gate himself makes no sense, especially when you consider that he personally has no way to control it at all.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Alchenar posted:

Well Tarquin knows that Nale is going to betray him so this is insurance for that point.

The main problem is Tarquin's sudden desire to take control of the gate when it runs entirely contrary to his previous behaviour of slow and cautious power consolidation.
Tarquin was sensible when he told Elan 'I have a good thing going and I'd much rather the world didn't end so I'll help you stop the Big Bad'. Suddenly making a play for the gate himself makes no sense, especially when you consider that he personally has no way to control it at all.

Sure he does. He's got Malack for the divine part of the ritual and either Zz'ditri or the chick with the Ioun Stones from his old group for the arcane.

What's more, did you catch the line about "I know something that will move your plan forward by ten years." Which means that, surprise surprise, Tarquinn was LYING to Elan when he said he was content with just what he has. Tarquinn wants to rule the whole loving world, and he's gone to great lengths to make himself appear as little of a threat as possible while he goes around doing it. Getting his son THE BARD to believe that he's less dangerous than he really is and to go around singing about that "fact" in taverns is totally within his MO.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

jng2058 posted:

Sure he does. He's got Malack for the divine part of the ritual and either Zz'ditri or the chick with the Ioun Stones from his old group for the arcane.

What's more, did you catch the line about "I know something that will move your plan forward by ten years." Which means that, surprise surprise, Tarquinn was LYING to Elan when he said he was content with just what he has. Tarquinn wants to rule the whole loving world, and he's gone to great lengths to make himself appear as little of a threat as possible while he goes around doing it. Getting his son THE BARD to believe that he's less dangerous than he really is and to go around singing about that "fact" in taverns is totally within his MO.

Yeah but this just runs us straight into the 'Tarquin is a total lightweight compared to Xykon and not a credible antagonist when competing for the same goal' problem.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Alchenar posted:

Yeah but this just runs us straight into the 'Tarquin is a total lightweight compared to Xykon and not a credible antagonist when competing for the same goal' problem.

Tarquin's got the resources of three empires, as well as a full party of very high level adventurers. That's a LOT of firepower, and what's more, Tarquinn's smart enough to know how to use it.

In this case, he'll wait until the Order and Team Xykon have kicked the poo poo outta each other and then swoop down guns blazing on the survivors.

Sure, maybe Tarquin can't beat a well rested and prepared Xykon...but one who's down to half hit points and out of his best spells? That's another matter altogether.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

crime fighting hog posted:

He'll appear, eventually. Perhaps we'll get a side story of the friends he makes while at labor camp. An adventure with a retarded djinn or something.

E: which would be amazing.

I want to see Thog team up with the Thing In The Darkness.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Ehhh, I still think Power is going to continue to equal Power.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Yeah I like Tarquin but Xykon is still my favourite villain. I hope Xykon shows him who's boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

jng2058 posted:

Tarquin's got the resources of three empires, as well as a full party of very high level adventurers. That's a LOT of firepower, and what's more, Tarquinn's smart enough to know how to use it.

In this case, he'll wait until the Order and Team Xykon have kicked the poo poo outta each other and then swoop down guns blazing on the survivors.

Sure, maybe Tarquin can't beat a well rested and prepared Xykon...but one who's down to half hit points and out of his best spells? That's another matter altogether.

Except Tarquin isn't the primary antagonist, Xykon is.

And as we've already seen, Xykon has a point of demonstrating that power equals power.