Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The person they are waiting for is obviously going to be Beta Vriska. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Chunky12345 posted:

I would be 0kay with this and it also brings the total count to 12 in the new session if Sollux and Aradia leave so everything works out.

Everyone get on the Vriska train, there's still time.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Chunky12345 posted:

I hope this is true so that during the three years Jade tells John that shes dead, then when they finally get to the session and meets Vriska, John thinks hes been pranked for 3 years.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

KoB posted:

I hope this is true so that during the three years Jade tells John that shes dead, then when they finally get to the session and meets Vriska, John thinks hes been pranked for 3 years.

Jade: your alien internet girlfriend from another universe is (sort of) not actually dead!!
John: http://youtu.be/WU1K4X_LOxY?t=20s

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

Thundarr posted:

If Sollux stays behind, it'd also mean that the new session has a Hero of everything except Doom. That seems a bit odd, unless it is important that there be no Doom.

Wasn't there some theory that doom players are a bad thing, and the presence of one of them in a game meant it was tainted by lord english? It was just after the god tier hoody designs were being released, and we found out that doom's design is A GREEN SKULL WITH PERFECTLY CIRCULAR EYES

Maybe the fact that the B2 8-player session has no player of doom means that they'll be actually to win the game.

I prefer the theory that doom players just get unlimited lived though, since every time we've seen sollux die so far he's just been replaced by another version of himself.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Watch as Hussie uses Mindfang instead.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

In the time she takes to travel to the meteor, Vriska will have reached adulthood. All hail Mindfang II.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Factory Factory posted:

Gamzee is putting the bodies in the tubes. The tubes which were used to clone all the chess people and post-prototyping monsters. Gamzee is putting the bodies of dead trolls in cloning machines that can do ectobiology.

Why hello, Equius/Arthour hybrid. Why hello, giant amorphous blob made of all trolls pitifully wheezing pleas for death.

Select the gun, and then select your horse hoofbeast troll.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The way I see it, the last arrival is:
PM and WV (by far the most likely)
Jack (somewhat less likely, but still entirely possible)
Beta Vriska (loving longshot)

Crossing my fingers for Beta Vriska.

KoB posted:

Rose already talked about fighting Jack, so its weird that she would be kinda vague about who the guest is if its Jack. But then I guess shes not exactly flying off to fight him either, so Jack sorta makes sense.

And I dont think PM defeated him, or else I think Rose wouldnt bother with talking about fighting a guy thats dead.

Yeah, I didn't mean "PM beats Jack, then comes along." I more meant that PM would just show up without having fought Jack yet.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 21, 2011

KoB
May 1, 2009

VJeff posted:

The way I see it, the last arrival is:
PM and WV (by far the most likely)
Jack (somewhat less likely, but still entirely possible)
Beta Vriska (loving longshot)

Crossing my fingers for Beta Vriska.

Rose already talked about fighting Jack, so its weird that she would be kinda vague about who the guest is if its Jack. But then I guess shes not exactly flying off to fight him either, so Jack sorta makes sense.

And I dont think PM defeated him, or else I think Rose wouldnt bother with talking about fighting a guy thats dead.

Not A Flying Toy
Nov 5, 2010
Just to add to the guess pile: Spades Slick could very well be who they're waiting for, considering his possibly not dead status and the close proximity of the Green Sun. Not entirely sure how he'd escape a sun though...

(hoping for Beta Vriska)

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Not A Flying Toy posted:

Just to add to the guess pile: Spades Slick could very well be who they're waiting for, considering his possibly not dead status and the close proximity of the Green Sun. Not entirely sure how he'd escape a sun though...

Remember the last time we were waiting on a guest to arrive shortly? Haa Haa.

He was carrying something that is going to come up again in a big way later anyway, in case any of you forgot about him. He has to have a way of either handing it off or keeping it to use at the right moment.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
I for one hope that Vriska stays dead. The endless :qq:ing about her death all across the internet fuels me and gives me strength.

I'd just like to say that this panel is the most adorbs thing ever. John's little satisfied smile just cuts me right to the core, and I can't but make :3: faces at it!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Level Slide posted:

Watch as Hussie uses Mindfang instead.
I eagerly await the fifteen-page dialoglogs of Mindfang talking to herself about how awesome she is. In really purple prose.

Commutator
Jul 17, 2009

MrBims posted:

He was carrying something that is going to come up again in a big way later anyway, in case any of you forgot about him. He has to have a way of either handing it off or keeping it to use at the right moment.

Of course... the licorice scotty dogs. Only Hussie himself could have seen it coming!

quote:

ARADIA: the knight of time is not necessarily the tactician
ARADIA: he is a powerful warrior class which exploits the flow of time as a weapon
ARADIA: rose is the one who must play the role of the strategist
ARADIA: the seer class knows her aspect comprehensively
ARADIA: as a knower of all fortune she can see the circuitous path that will lead to the most favorable outcome for everyone

See, I love this. I want to hear more about the classes and aspects and what each one does. Is Knight the only offensive class? What's the difference between Mage, Sylph, and Witch? What is even the point of being a Prince? What do Doom or Hope or Blood even do?

...I think my inner :spergin: is showing, sorry. I know Hussie is probably never going to go into minute detail about this stuff because it isn't really important to the plot. Alas...

rokkit
Apr 2, 2010

HoNk hOnK HoNk hOnK HoNk!

Chunky12345 posted:

I have really bad eyes and i am not wearing my glasses, so when i read this i read it as "Bea Arthur" somehow. Which is now my vote. Escape your death dream bubble, Bea! Only you can save the session!

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Commutator posted:

See, I love this. I want to hear more about the classes and aspects and what each one does. Is Knight the only offensive class? What's the difference between Mage, Sylph, and Witch? What is even the point of being a Prince? What do Doom or Hope or Blood even do?

...I think my inner :spergin: is showing, sorry. I know Hussie is probably never going to go into minute detail about this stuff because it isn't really important to the plot. Alas...

Here. It's not canonical, but as far as fanfiction goes, it's pretty decent. I didn't much care for the running gimmick she used for the Rage players, but it's still pretty interesting.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Commutator posted:

Seems like the kind of thing he might ramble about on a blog once it's all over though. Like "yeah even though it never really came up I did plan a rough outline of what every hero class/affinity might do, check it out". It certainly wouldn't be the first time he'd laid groundwork for a part of the story that never ended up being fully realised.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Renaissance Robot posted:

Seems like the kind of thing he might ramble about on a blog once it's all over though. Like "yeah even though it never really came up I did plan a rough outline of what every hero class/affinity might do, check it out". It certainly wouldn't be the first time he'd laid groundwork for a part of the story that never ended up being fully realised.

Yeah, that stuff is really cool and interesting to me too, however sperg-emoticon that might be, but I remember reading on some ancient-rear end blogpost that he thought about the systems and concepts in sburb and how they work and people are gonna clamor for that stuff anyway (i.e., the person who asked what Heart powers did on tumblr) so there's no way we won't get to hear it

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Yeah, that stuff is really cool and interesting to me too, however sperg-emoticon that might be, but I remember reading on some ancient-rear end blogpost that he thought about the systems and concepts in sburb and how they work and people are gonna clamor for that stuff anyway (i.e., the person who asked what Heart powers did on tumblr) so there's no way we won't get to hear it

I think if you have a nerdy bone in your body the Lands/Titles system is pretty much doomed to be like crack to you. It's like Hogwarts houses, or wand components: it provides the reader with an imaginative template for what dozens of other characters in this universe might be like, or what they themselves might be like if they were in it. Self-replicating meta-stories.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I just want Beta Vriska to arrive because I miss her antagonistic jackassery. It amused me and quite frankly everyone is getting along too well. Vriska needs to piss people off :colbert:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Captain Oblivious posted:

I just want Beta Vriska to arrive because I miss her antagonistic jackassery. It amused me and quite frankly everyone is getting along too well. Vriska needs to piss people off :colbert:

Kanaya is going after Gamzee with a chainsaw! I'd hate to see what your definition of getting along poorly is.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Captain Oblivious posted:

It's not going to be Beta Vriska, guys. Instead, it's going to be a curveball and be Beta John, who will be replacing Kanaya on the journey for a 2x John Combo.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Gabriel Pope posted:

Kanaya is going after Gamzee with a chainsaw! I'd hate to see what your definition of getting along poorly is.

What chainsaw? She's clearly just intending to freshen his clown makeup.

With her lipstick.

AXSON JACKSON
Feb 13, 2011
wondering if kanaya beats gamzee does he get to ascend to his godtier? could be awesome but what does a bard of rage do anyway?

and the headless bodies in jars...

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Plom Bar posted:

I for one hope that Vriska stays dead. The endless :qq:ing about her death all across the internet fuels me and gives me strength.

The thing about Vriska is that she enrages people no matter what happens, so you get :qq: both coming and going. Just think of what the John/Karkat shippers (approximately half the fandom, if AO3 is at all indicative) are going to do if he starts pushing John/Vriska.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Paracelsus posted:

The thing about Vriska is that she enrages people no matter what happens, so you get :qq: both coming and going. Just think of what the John/Karkat shippers (approximately half the fandom, if AO3 is at all indicative) are going to do if he starts pushing John/Vriska.

John stating directly that he doesn't swing that way and has no romantic interests in Karkat at all didn't stop them, what the hell makes you think John and Vriska getting flirty with each other will? Shippers are crazy, they will keep sailing their favorite ship right up a goddamn waterfall, well after the characters they ship have gone their separate ways, married other people, had kids and died of old age. But the shippers are still there, sailing that goddamn ship. "Steady on, just a matter of time now, the winds are gonna change. I can feel it".

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm not sure what exactly Kanaya plans to be doing when everyone else goes to the new session. I mean, she can't fly, was she just going to orbit the Green Sun for the rest of her unlife?

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

YggiDee posted:

I'm not sure what exactly Kanaya plans to be doing when everyone else goes to the new session. I mean, she can't fly, was she just going to orbit the Green Sun for the rest of her unlife?

New theory: That satellite going around the pink moon on Alternia is actually Kanaya after an extremely convoluted series of events.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Poor Karkat.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

I, just jesus christ.

My loving face is hurting. They was no other way to go about that.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

This update is like poetry in slow-motion.

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
There are no words for the emotions I'm feeling right now :allears:

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
That was so totally worth the wait.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
It was everything I hoped it would be and more.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
This would be the perfect spot to end the intermission.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Oh my god.

That face.

All those faces.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
He doesn't seem best pleased about this turn of events, huh?

Stunning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Everything in one supergif