Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I like MBMBAM a lot but I too had a hard time getting into it at first because I felt like they were ripping off UYD (I mean, they say "bone down," for God's sake - it's not even debatable whether or not they're fans) but I realized that they have their own thing going on and are really funny in their own way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

(I mean, they say "bone down," for God's sake - it's not even debatable whether or not they're fans)

I am from NC and used bone down long before listening to UYD. That is probably way less UYD specific than other phrases.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Oh, really? I had never heard that one before.

Regardless, they use too many of the same phrases for it to be a coincidence (actually, I was just listening to the two most recent episodes and noticed they seem to have dropped the UYDisms).

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Phrases like "wicked," "steez," or "a grip of ___" are a lot more ubiquitous than "bone down," I say.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
I know that Griffin, at least, is a UYD fan. After he dropped "respecognize" in an early episode, it tweeted at him and asked. He was most of the way through the catalog at that point.

It's not a bad thing. I do several podcasts, and UYD-isms have most certainly seeped into my vocab.

I also had a dream last night where I was going to a book store to buy a large illustrated novel written by one Seth Romatelli. I have no idea what the novel was about.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I have noticed recently I am saying a lot of UYD stuff, fresh, dope, fuckman, check it. Like I say Check It all the loving time.

e: also keep in mind that I am a pretty posh sounding british guy to make this more hilarious.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

I now begin the first lesson of each of my classes with the reverse chair sit.

My wife started listening to the show while she was on vacation, now she thinks I am a lot less interesting, since every fun story I tell her was actually stolen from UYD.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
"Free subway rides for lllli--a yeeeear!"

SullivanPRIME
Mar 17, 2009

RustyTrombone posted:

Eddie Murphy man, he fell off on that one.

I think Shalamar was the one who fell off...

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Finally made it through the entire back catalog, best comedy podcast out there. UYD, you done done it again.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

JamMaster Flash posted:

Finally made it through the entire back catalog, best comedy podcast out there. UYD, you done done it again.

I'm down to the 20-50s and it's weird how I'm so far back the general feeling of the podcast begins to change. They talk about having no listeners... and, since it's 2006, the things they say are just a bit different. I wish they could film some special where it's just Jonathon and Seth listening to an episode around 25 and talking about how much has changed.

Stringer_Bell posted:

I now begin the first lesson of each of my classes with the reverse chair sit.

My wife started listening to the show while she was on vacation, now she thinks I am a lot less interesting, since every fun story I tell her was actually stolen from UYD.

I seriously stopped trying to get my friends to listen to UYD because of this sort of thing.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Half of Dracula posted:

I wish they could film some special where it's just Jonathon and Seth listening to an episode around 25 and talking about how much has changed.

Like a video commentary for audio commentary. That'd be great!

I just bought my L.A. live show tickets.

So effin psyched!

Professor Latency fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 21, 2011

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Professor Latency posted:

Like a video commentary for audio commentary. That'd be great!

I just bought my L.A. live show tickets.

So effin psyched!

You don't know how jealous I am.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Much like the website and wiki, they need to outsource the editing and posting of the podcast. Jah could still pick his intro and outro music but if they just handed the raw audio over to someone from their forum maybe the show could start getting posted at a regular time and day of the week. I don't even know what takes so long that it doesn't go up until wednesday or thursday sometimes. :mad:

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
Hell, it's something I'd gladly do for free.

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?
jah's gotta get those levels perfect (they're never perfect, or really even close)

they could easily get someone to produce those eps how he wants for free, they also could get someone to do that wiki better too, it's kind of a piece of poo poo.

love the show but dang they need to use some of those resources at their disposal.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

RustyTrombone posted:

Eddie Murphy man, he fell off on that one.

Shame on you, Spielberg!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Hey, when your life is constantly in shambles maybe you'll post your podcast a few days late as well.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

On a scale of light or dark skin, one to ten?

I would say 'human'.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
"AVN Awards 2013: A Return to Innocence"

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Working my way through the back catalogue. I gotta say that episode 125-127 are incredible; Seth goes so nuts that Jonathan can't add anything other than pained pleas to stop.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Sometimes when someone doubts something I've said I say "trust on it". I always thought I got that from UYD but now I'm not so sure. confirm / deny?

Does anyone have a go-to bit if they're trying to show people how funny UYD is? I've had great success playing the 'Wind' youtube clip, but then it's hard to know where to go from there if people want to hear more.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

SkellingTon Loc posted:

The best story on UYD is hands down the one about the 3 crazy whites living together in a pedo non-pedo relationship. One being a grown man pretending to be an 8yo, an older gentleman who fucks the 8 yo man-child thinking it's a real kid, and the friend who just hangs out in the attic. I think there was something about the guy trying to enroll in a local primary school too, but I can't remember.

From a while back, but that's from ep 48, 40 mins in. It was everything I had hoped for and more.

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem

fuf posted:

Sometimes when someone doubts something I've said I say "trust on it". I always thought I got that from UYD but now I'm not so sure. confirm / deny?

Does anyone have a go-to bit if they're trying to show people how funny UYD is? I've had great success playing the 'Wind' youtube clip, but then it's hard to know where to go from there if people want to hear more.

The answer is always take them to Craigshouse. Youtube has lots of clips.

take three tablets fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Dec 24, 2011

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot

fuf posted:

There's a well put together three hour long mp3 of every craiglist segment in the OP.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jfntg1

Aerobic Robot
Dec 11, 2007

ASK ME HOW I HAVE CRYING MELTDOWNS ABOUT BEING A GAY FURRY. PS, I'M 16 YEARS OLD
best thing to unwrap on christmas: UYD tix
thank you jesus

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Craig's House, and this is a personal favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kByRODAlgU0

I'm pretty sure it introduced me to UYD, so there's that.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
I called the hotline on Christmas eve. Seth called back later, but since I was at my mom's house and I left for a while on Christmas day he talked to her instead.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

big business sloth posted:

I called the hotline on Christmas eve. Seth called back later, but since I was at my mom's house and I left for a while on Christmas day he talked to her instead.

That is loving awesome.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Yeah it was cool. She took the message for me in shorthand (after Seth called back twice because she thought it was a wrong number)

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

UP AND ADAM posted:

Craig's House, and this is a personal favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kByRODAlgU0

I'm pretty sure it introduced me to UYD, so there's that.

I can't help but love the absolutely adoring look Jah gives Seth at 23 seconds in.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Oh poo poo, an undisclosed Marcia epp!!

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

This is amazing. It started with a talking heads track as well just to make it even more amazing.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Oh my god, the musical intro to Episode 166.

Walka Blocka Shame
Apr 30, 2006

This is fine
Doctor Rope
So I called the voicemail today because I work at a winery and want to send Seth's mom some wine. He called me back and needless to say he was the nicest dude ever. Gonna send his mom some wine so she can get her smuggle on.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Seth's mom is so from Haverhill it hurts. I love hearing someone call it "tonic" again, it warms my heart.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Maduo posted:

Seth's mom is so from Haverhill it hurts. I love hearing someone call it "tonic" again, it warms my heart.

Every time I call I mention I'm from Andover. Seth doesn't seem to notice/care :(

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Hey now, just a little pre-pro.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

JethroMcB posted:

Hey now, just a little pre-pro.

Is that a photoshop? Because Seth should be puking his brain out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Sick Cowboys hat too (even though I hate them)