Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Okay, I love ATLUS now. Seriously, any company that would troll their fanbase like this is worthy of my respect. That being said, it's probably Growlanser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Looks like Gungnir has pages on both Gamestop and EBGames now, so that's what the game is. Not surprising, but there you go.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh good. Now maybe they can stop the clue thing?

"The Next Clue: It is a game that will be sold at GameStop"

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Check your emails. It's Gungnir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXDEpufdZxY&hd=1

edit:
Atlus.com and their forums are down. Angry Growlanser fans retaliating?!
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/atlus.com

Growlanser IV would have been the more interesting game to release, but I was being realistic with my guess.

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 21, 2011

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Sting sure loves its tiny cutesy characters with absurdly huge goofy weapons. Unless this gets some really positive reviews from sites that don't specialize in anime styled games I'm going to have to pass since Sting stuff is always mediocre at best.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

:allears:

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Both games. :dance:

Oh Atlus.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
The Atlus newsletter is run by jerks.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
They are trolling us as hard as they can... Its a good thing I love Atlus so much...

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Ahahahaha oh my god I loving love Atlus, I was so care mad for a moment.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
I think it'd be completely hilarious if this ends up being something other than Growlanser IV, and then there is yet ANOTHER guessing game after that. Just endless trolling forever, while the fanbase slowly collapses in on itself.

On the other hand, I do hope Growlanser IV gets announced.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Boneless Jogger posted:

I think it'd be completely hilarious if this ends up being something other than Growlanser IV, and then there is yet ANOTHER guessing game after that. Just endless trolling forever, while the fanbase slowly collapses in on itself.

On the other hand, I do hope Growlanser IV gets announced.

They could totally do that with Persona 4 Golden or however they're phrasing the title since it's guaranteed to be localized. Question is if there's anything besides that.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Rinkles posted:

They could totally do that with Persona 4 Golden or however they're phrasing the title since it's guaranteed to be localized. Question is if there's anything besides that.

I've heard Gloria Union, another Sting game being suggested also. That one seems less likely to come stateside, but it fits the only clue thus far.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
This will be so fantastic if they just repeat the exact same set of clues again. Even right down to the pixel clue.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

Pash posted:

They are trolling us as hard as they can... Its a good thing I love Atlus so much...

They are trolling us in the best way possible. They can troll us as much as they want in my opinion if this is the result.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I really need to stop reading the Atlus forums. It's like GameFAQs with image support at this point.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I've found that all of the niche localization companies have god awful message boards, NISA being the worst because it seems their entire "game request" subforum is just "please localize my super niche anime pervert game" for stupid poo poo like Akiba'S Trip and Criminal Girls.

thetrin
May 4, 2009

I pull down the curtain, wantin to do me some dirtin aint nuthin better then jerkin my gerkin so I start with some flirtin

But my magic find aint working so I can't do no spurtin its got Wirt's feelins all hurtin, and his wooden leg stops all perking

Policenaut posted:

I've found that all of the niche localization companies have god awful message boards, NISA being the worst because it seems their entire "game request" subforum is just "please localize my super niche anime pervert game" for stupid poo poo like Akiba'S Trip and Criminal Girls.

I hate to stereotype, but that sounds like the kind of people that would post on a NISA forum.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Oh, Atlus, you glorious bastards.

So! I got my copy of Persona 2: Innocent Sin PSP in the mail today from Amazon, and I was really happy to discover it's still the very first release version, with the box and the bonus CD. :dance:

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Armor-Piercing posted:

I really need to stop reading the Atlus forums. It's like GameFAQs with image support at this point.

What is really funny is reading the thread there about what people want Persona 5 to be like. I'm pretty sure like 50% of the posts are people wanting it to be Persona 2 again (hell maybe they just wanted it to be the late 90s...) and the other half want them to make crazy/impossible things happen.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Pash posted:

What is really funny is reading the thread there about what people want Persona 5 to be like. I'm pretty sure like 50% of the posts are people wanting it to be Persona 2 again (hell maybe they just wanted it to be the late 90s...) and the other half want them to make crazy/impossible things happen.

I would definitely be interested in a Persona or Persona-like game set in America. It'll never happen because they'd have to do a ridiculous amount of research and it'd probably just turn out like The Breakfast Club: Mythical Familiars Edition, but I keep tossing the idea around in my head and thinking of the directions they could go with it.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Or it could turn out like those awful Shadow Hearts games.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

This Summer, YOU are the awkward foreign exchange student introduced halfway through the game!

PERSONA 5

Only on WiiU

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Justice posted:

... What?

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Azure_Horizon posted:

... What?

A JRPG with a ludicrous hodgepodge of of western characters, settings, and references. That's what could happen to a Persona game set in America.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Justice posted:

A JRPG with a ludicrous hodgepodge of of western characters, settings, and references. That's what could happen to a Persona game set in America.

And incredible music, graphics, artwork, design, gameplay... I'd be totally fine with a Persona set in America. It'd be the Shadow Hearts IV people have been longing for.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Azure_Horizon posted:

And incredible music, graphics, artwork, design, gameplay...Citation needed I'd be totally fine with a Persona set in America. It'd be the Shadow Hearts IV peopleWho? have been longing for.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
I'm pretty sure I read in an interview with the guy who directed of P3/P4/SMT: Nocturne that they wouldn't make a Persona game set in America unless they had staff with experience living there, which they didn't at the time.

But anyways, you guys can go back to your argument over whether Shadow Hearts is a good series or not.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Boneless Jogger posted:

I'm pretty sure I read in an interview with the guy who directed of P3/P4/SMT: Nocturne that they wouldn't make a Persona game set in America unless they had staff with experience living there, which they didn't at the time.

But anyways, you guys can go back to your argument over whether Shadow Hearts is a good series or not.

That would make sense. P4 was incredibly in-depth in Japanese culture, they'd have to do some thorough exploration of America on a level beyond even how detailed the Shadow Hearts series went with it.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
They should just ask Swery what's up with America, so he can show them all the pictures of food that he took.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Cityinthesea posted:

They should just ask Swery what's up with America, so he can show them all the pictures of food that he took.

Would play the poo poo out of a Swery-influenced Deadly Personition.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

What would you do with 2 whole days off from school!? And no summer break!

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
So I'm playing Persona 4 and I'm trying to fuse Lucifer. One of the personas I'm fusing has Black Viper but no matter how many times I hit circle and X it won't show up. Did they just make it incredibly unlikely to appear since it's a powerful attack or is it impossible for Lucifer to learn it?

Koops
Mar 27, 2010
Some skills are exclusive to one persona and can't be passed on by fusion. I think Black Viper's one of them.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea Shadow Hearts is amazing, not liking a few aspects of em here and there I might get, the ring or maybe the humor, but calling them awful? Na. Persona 1, remake or original flavor, that was an awful game.

Though to be honest I don't get your complaints about it Justice.

quote:

Not really seeing what's so awful anything you just mentioned.

Also only one game was set in the west, that being Shadow Hearts From the new world(the 3rd one), the first 2 where set in the UK, Russia and around Japan and had characters from those countries as well as references to them, Shadow Hearts 2 in particular is very Russia centric down to one of your antagonists and one of your party members.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Dec 22, 2011

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Shadow Hearts 1 always amazed me in how it wasn't shy from portraying the Japanese military as complete bastards during their occupation of China and Shanghai in particular. Considering it's a JRPG and the Japanese like to forget that such things happened, I thought it was a rather interesting and risky move. Shadow Hearts 2 kind of toned that down in favor of silly wacky adventures involving demonic possession around Europe and Japan however and Shadow Hearts 3 was pretty much generic anime except set in North and South America.

Still, I wouldn't say any of them are bad games. All of them were pretty fun to play even if the plots and characters did get more dumb over time. I think overall that I prefer Shadow Hearts over Persona 1 and 4 (I didn't like Persona 4 so much, unlike most goons) too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I didn't really enjoy SH3 that much. I was surprised at how fun SH2 was and SH3 really felt to me like the developers were too and just tried to copy things to figure out why people liked it, and in the end it felt a lot more bland to me despite being wackier.

I enjoyed the rest of the series though, even Koudelka on the PS1. (Although that's probably more nostalgia because "Resident Evil" + "RPG" hit all the right buttons when I was younger.)

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I absolutely adored the original Shadow Hearts (it's one of, if not my favorite game to this day), and was very disappointed in SH2 (though it did net me a copy of the original of my own, which is great.) As a result, I never played anything beyond the second.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Justice posted:

Whoa Whoa Whoa. Shadow Hearts might not be everyone's cup of tea, but bad it ain't. It's quirky, weirdly paced, and you have to get its sense of humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I only played shadow hearts 2 and I thought it was pretty great.