Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Mad Fnorder posted:

So why hasn't Capcom hired Desk by now?

That would be competent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
J.S means jack poo poo when I pop my xfactor then super jump away.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~

Brosnan posted:

Arthur is still just on the level of "good if you have xfactor and they don't," which is true of basically everyone in the game.

Yeah… still, an improvement over vanilla since he can land instant overhead j.M without assists or x-factor. The mobility gimmick he has with j.S is the same deal.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Mad Fnorder posted:

Because Desk doesn't actually find anything.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Broken Loose posted:

That's not true, but most of things on his channel that are bug related are submitted to him by other people. Desk is a pretty competent player and he has found a lot of infinites and glitches himself.

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms

Broken Loose posted:

A lot of his videos are him reproducing other people's reports, but "he doesn't find anything," is a lie.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Of course Desk finds glitches/combos on his own, Broken Loose is just being his typical retard self.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
The 1 mil combo was already posted, so here have some more Zero video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efTKXnMUhwA

I know Dren (I think it's him) likes his crossover counters, so here's another thing to take note of.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
So Desk did an interview once where he said he doesn't work for capcom because he lives in bumfuck england (where there is no capcom office) and because he's pretty sure that having to fill out reports related to the glitches he finds would take all the fun out of it. Maybe someone has the link.

I played some H&H online tonight with Servbot primary (autoblock), Fin Fang Foom (infinite duration xfactor with 3 bars), and Daken (health regen). The drawback to servbot is that you take extra chip but you don't take chip when you're in permanent xfactor. Some highlights were the guy who was losing really bad then actually won because I pressed buttons at the end of the match at an unsafe time then sent me a voice message "Maybe you wouldn't lose if you didn't block the whole time like a human being", a few ragequits, the hawkeye I killed entirely with Deadpool's s.L, and a Vergil who hit me with HSHSHSHSHSH for 45 marvel seconds until I got timeout victory.

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."

Dren posted:

and a Vergil who hit me with HSHSHSHSHSH for 45 marvel seconds until I got timeout victory.

Speaking of that, is there a way to actually punish that without a full screen super? Also is there a way to tell which direction that Maximum Vergil is going to hit you from? I always get hit with random ones even when I'm not pushing buttons, and it leads to so much easy damage that I think I should be able to avoid.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
re: Vergil's HSHSH: Pushblock, dash up and do literally anything. Vergil's poo poo is all sooooo unsafe on whiff.

Near as I can tell, dimension slash (or w/e the gently caress it's called) works kinda the same as maximum wesker, except instead of Vergil bouncing off the wall like he's on crack, he basically creates a shitload of judgment cuts at semi-random spots in the air. Sometimes the first one will pop up in a place that happens to cross you up, but there's not much you can do about that? Of course, that super is also WAY less safe on block than phantom dance is.

Sade fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Dec 22, 2011

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Fuuuuck the H&H AI with both parry and super armour.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Mad Fnorder posted:

If they did, every other video from him would be "Honest guys, gems are a great system that adds a lot of strategy to the game. :smithicide:"

cough Seth Killian

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Jetfire posted:

Fuuuuck the H&H AI with both parry and super armour.
gently caress the fight against Dr. Strange, Phoenix Wright, and Wolverine and the ai that can block everything and spam tornado claws and Strange assist while still somehow blocking

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I actually like it when the CPU has the Fantastic Four card as a secondary, because they're so drat predictable about their assist calls while you're comboing them you can basically bait it and celebrate your birthday all year long.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

The Rokstar posted:

I actually like it when the CPU has the Fantastic Four card as a secondary, because they're so drat predictable about their assist calls while you're comboing them you can basically bait it and celebrate your birthday all year long.

I'd love to see that card with a Shuma Gorath Mystic Ray assist. Although then you have super armor cards so that makes my whole idea bad. :saddowns:

vvvv It never looks like it does to me, but I never payed attention to the hit counter on it. If it does though, it might be a really good combination.

PalmTreeFun fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Dec 22, 2011

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

PalmTreeFun posted:

I'd love to see that card with a Shuma Gorath Mystic Ray assist. Although then you have super armor cards so that makes my whole idea bad. :saddowns:
Doesn't Mystic Ray hit multiple times? The super armor cards only give you 1 hit of armor each.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

The Rokstar posted:

Doesn't Mystic Ray hit multiple times? The super armor cards only give you 1 hit of armor each.

Do they stack with characters that already have super armor in their attacks?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dorm (Black Hole) / Sent (Drones) / Ryu (Tatsu) or the same team but Sent and Ryu's order switched?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I was getting really mad at H&H cause the AI can block all the tri-dash L and fake tri-dash cr.L and square jump M stuff I was doing with my Doom and it just made me feel like a total loser. Then I played online and wiped everyone up. I've been running Captain America/Skrull/Doom with super armor while dashing, all attacks cause chip, and bonus attack damage on the ground. My lovely Captain America combos do a ton of damage and it's really easy to get in with the faster dash and the super armor on the dash. I haven't gotten Fin Fang Foom or Mephisto yet so I haven't been able to try that. My deck doesn't really have a strategy it just makes my general gameplan easier.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

2MB posted:

Speaking of that, is there a way to actually punish that without a full screen super? Also is there a way to tell which direction that Maximum Vergil is going to hit you from? I always get hit with random ones even when I'm not pushing buttons, and it leads to so much easy damage that I think I should be able to avoid.

This was talked about like a page ago. The answers are:
1. pushblock, wait for him to whiff a HS, dash up and punish because it's so unsafe. You should pushblock him before he gets you in the corner and is literally on top of you since in that case pushblock won't send him far enough away and his next HS will connect.
2. xfactor guard cancel since that blockstring relies on gigantic amounts of guardstun
3. invincible crossover counter

Or, if you're in H&H just keep letting him hit you because it's hilarious. I had so much fun trolling people. Unfortunately, xfactor with the Fin Fang Foom card is subject to the increased hitstun that people were talking about with the speedup cards which breaks my longer meterless combos.

With my card build the general gameplan is to get a life lead then be incredibly lame and block everything until timeout/ragequit. I need to get 3 bars for xfactor to activate which means I actually have to play the game for a little bit BUT H&H gives you a hero bonus for a pulling out a close victory when you win via timeout. The hero bonus makes you start with 3 meters. Thanks H&H!

I didn't think H&H could possibly improve my regular game but autoblock has encouraged me to attempt to punish everything I can and I'm learning how to punish common blockstrings better than I could before. So that's cool. Why program a training mode dummy when every Wesker player will do LMHS assist + teleport j.S on repeat?

iPodschun I enjoyed the Zero vid. I liked the tech but I don't agree with the crying about Zero. People are finding good stuff with him and being like OMG SO OP. He's good, it's fine. Lots of characters can combo out of their invincible crossover counters (although many need xfactor).

Dren fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 22, 2011

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!

Brother Entropy posted:

Dorm (Black Hole) / Sent (Drones) / Ryu (Tatsu) or the same team but Sent and Ryu's order switched?

I'd switch them, personally. I used Sent as an anchor all the time in vanilla and he works great.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Bum put up another stream, playing a different yet equally hilarious team of Spencer/Arthur/Nemesis

http://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3/b/303327155

(the weird echo poo poo goes away after a while)

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
An hour+ of Chris G v Combofiend. You're welcome.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

rivals posted:

I'm only 7 minutes in and these combos are already blowing my mind.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Awesome. Thanks!

Kuvo posted:

I'm only 7 minutes in and these combos are already blowing my mind.

Same here.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

I just realized last night that Dorm's head flame gets taller the more dark spells he has charged up. Nice little touch.

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

rivals posted:

Big props to Chris G for trying to make Firebrand work but seriously, that character just does not have the damage to be effective. It's kind of hilarious watching him style away on Spencer for 10 seconds and do like 300k damage then lose his entire health bar in a combo and a half

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms

Eldred posted:

Big props to Chris G for trying to make Firebrand work but seriously, that character just does not have the damage to be effective. It's kind of hilarious watching him style away on Spencer for 10 seconds and do like 300k damage then lose his entire health bar in a combo and a half

Yeah, I haven't played much firebrand, but even in xfactor it seems like he does piddly damage.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Firebrand's damage is good enough considering how much meter he builds, and the fact that he has a pretty easy to set up unblockable that leads into a full combo. He's a really good character.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah. So is Jill.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Eldred posted:

Big props to Chris G for trying to make Firebrand work but seriously, that character just does not have the damage to be effective.

This is pretty wrong and shows you don't know a whole lot about Firebrand. One of the biggest problems with FB for Chris is the team he's been trying to use him on. FB needs a team built around his strengths to really shine and Chris hasn't really done that (although he still has put in some serious work with him and won some high profile matches with him.)

He has some of the best mixup potential in the game, while ignoring advancing guard. He has great high priority, fast normals and great divekicks. This is about as far as Chris goes with him; He opens people up and then finishes with his low damage combos.

With the right assists FB has easy unblockable setups both on incoming characters and as resets. After he opens you up he can convert to much bigger damage combos if he has a character he can raw tag into after the surfboard with the ability to finish combos for him (Viper, Doom are great for this.) Alternatively he can run snapback into unblockable loops (again, with the right assists) that become meter positive if you also have a meter build assist so they can be run indefinitely regardless how much stock you start with.

Chris's team for him utilizes no tag-in option and no unblockable setups. That's throwing away a lot of his potential right there.

Firebrand's main issue right now is that a lot of his stuff has yet to be really mastered by anyone but there are players working on it and once they get more time in the character definitely has the potential to be a beast.

I'm far from mastering him myself (I'm not a fantastic player and haven't put nearly enough time into the little bastard) but check out the Shoryuken forums to see what people like Chrysis are working on for him if I didn't change your mind. A lot of people over there are considering him S tier at this point, and even if they're wrong about quite how good he is I don't see a single person who has messed around with him for any decent amount of time claiming he just plain can't be effective.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I really don't think a character can be considered good if it takes a team built around them to make them shine when there's more than a handful of characters that are much more flexible, reliable, and make fewer squawking sounds.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Countblanc posted:

I really don't think a character can be considered good if it takes a team built around them to make them shine when there's more than a handful of characters that are much more flexible, reliable, and make fewer squawking sounds.

And yet Phoenix was the best character in vanilla.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Countblanc posted:

Phoenix

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

Seizure Robot posted:

lotta words

Oh come on, did you watch that video? The second Chris G swapped him out for Wesker he started taking just about every game. Keep in mind this is, you know, arguably the best player in the country who's been stubbornly trying for a month but still can't make the screeching gently caress work against good players.

The Phoenix argument really doesn't apply here because that character took zero setup beyond building meter. Here you're talking about building an entire team around a character who does 300k in an optimal combo and gets blown up after even a single mistake.

Eldred fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Dec 23, 2011

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jmcrofts posted:

Weren't there like a handful of good phoenix teams though? Pretty much anyone who didn't rely on meter for damage worked.

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms

Jmcrofts posted:

You're comparing building a team around firebrand to building one around phoenix?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Countblanc posted:

Weren't there like a handful of good phoenix teams though? Pretty much anyone who didn't rely on meter for damage worked.

Yes and there are more than a handful of teams that Firebrand is good on.

Sufficient posted:

You're comparing building a team around firebrand to building one around phoenix?

No I'm saying that just because a character requires team synergy to be good doesn't mean that they're not a good character. I mean, look at Strider in MvC2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40 OZ
May 16, 2003
Uh i think some of this chris g firebrand criticism is losing perspective.

Wasn't chris g getting like top 3-4 in every single tournament he entered, while playing firebrand? If firebrand can get you that kind of results, then what is problem

• Locked thread