Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Fauxtool posted:

stick chat!
I got a qanba and I dont know how to open it from the front. The screw holes like on the TE are blocked off

I've never seen one in real life so maybe I'm way off here, but try getting a razor blade (or something like that) and prying off those metal caps. I'll betcha that's all they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Fauxtool posted:

stick chat!
I got a qanba and I dont know how to open it from the front. The screw holes like on the TE are blocked off

I can't answer your question but goddamn that's a sexy stick

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010
They're stickers, I think. Remove them and you should be able to remove the top panel.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ImperialGuard posted:

They're stickers, I think. Remove them and you should be able to remove the top panel.

They are actually plugs, so prying them did work. I gotta plug 3p and 3k so i have no reason to be near the start button

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Dec 21, 2011

Gamest Mook
Jun 22, 2011

by Ozmaugh

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

3rd Strikes window was pretty large though. I guess I'm used to GG/MB tech windows too much.

3rd Strike also doesn't have chicken blocking.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Gamest Mook posted:

3rd Strike also doesn't have chicken blocking.

Melty doesn't have chicken blocking either, most ground normals arn't air blockable try chicken blocking get hit by 5A.

edit: example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jbsC6jVhRk&t=10m2s

ShinsoBEAM! fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 21, 2011

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Fauxtool posted:

They are actually plugs, so prying them did work. I gotta plug 3p and 3k so i have no reason to be near the start button
Glad that worked out! Plus 6 buttons is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay pro-er. :c00l:

scuz fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Dec 21, 2011

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010

scuz posted:

Plus 6 buttons is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay pro-er. :c00l:
Please don't start a 8 button vs 6 button derail. I see it enough on masochistic trips through SRK Tech Talk as it is.

no seriously though SRKTT is pretty dumb, loads of them seem to unironically do the whole "anime female in some state of undress" stick art thing and other things that make me :spergin:/:byodood: but that's not really relevant

Nice stick though. It looks a lot better than my first case which I am too ashamed of to post here.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

scuz posted:

Glad that worked out! Plus 6 buttons is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay pro-er. :c00l:

Your stick is really really cool, bud. Did you scratchbuild this?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

ImperialGuard posted:

Please don't start a 8 button vs 6 button derail. I see it enough on masochistic trips through SRK Tech Talk as it is.

no seriously though SRKTT is pretty dumb, loads of them seem to unironically do the whole "anime female in some state of undress" stick art thing and other things that make me :spergin:/:byodood: but that's not really relevant

Nice stick though. It looks a lot better than my first case which I am too ashamed of to post here.
Haha, thanks! And I don't wanna start poo poo. My fingers get hosed up when there are more than 6 buttons, so I can't play on a TE.

Here's a far-too-large pic of my first attempt at a joystick, which I think wound up in the mail for Trykt at some point. The acorn nuts didn't get in the way as much as I thought they were gonna...

Sade posted:

Your stick is really really cool, bud. Did you scratchbuild this?
Thanks, yeah I did. I've finally gotten around to finishing up the joystick I promised apple/Banana Ken like years ago and the building bug has bitten pretty hard again :argh: Working on an ultra-portable heavy-weight prototype that I can cover in tweed instead of loving around with the painting, which remains the most labor-intensive process of building a stick for me.

scuz fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Dec 21, 2011

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010
So uh yeah, about that Persona fighting game.

I sincerely hope that Mudo has a more complicated setup than that video may indicate.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

ImperialGuard posted:

I sincerely hope that Mudo has a more complicated setup than that video may indicate.

I think there's more to it. Under Naoto's opponent's life bar, there is a skull with a number next to it. So I'm assuming you have to hit them with something special to take the number down, and only once it's at 0 will they be affected by Mudo. Something like that.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

ImperialGuard posted:

Dustloop says:

quote:

Naoto's opponent has a fate gauge beneath their health. It appears as a gray skull with a number next to it. When that number reaches zero (it appears that specific attacks lower this number, and it regenerates a couple of points between rounds), the skull turns red and starts laughing. When this occurs, if Naoto can land Hamaon/Mudoon, the opponent dies instantly.

Looks like it's like that Fist of the North Star game.

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
I knew it would work something like that! The game does look pretty cool now regardless, so I hope it comes out sometime soon. Akihiko in particular looked sick, they even gave him a shin shoryuken and he's all teleporting around while beating up Aegis.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

There is a P4U thread and y'all haven't read the OP of Naoto's mechanics? :psyduck:

Basically yeah, Naoto's deal is that she ticks down the opponent's skull gauge (Known as Fate Gauge in the game) with her Persona, then combo into her Hamaon/Mudoon super. Mudoon's the one shown in the video.

Schmendrick
Aug 22, 2003

(Insert stupid MMO name here.)
^ ^ ^
That OP needs to be cleaned up a bit (like talk about the characters more than the moves).

Brett824 posted:

Ah yeah, Wikipedia tells me Nin won Tekken in 05

He also took Evo last year with Steve. Nin's a prick towards anyone he hates playing with when he beat a Julia quickly during semis/qualifiers.

Fauxtool posted:

stick chat!

Is that the new one that can be preordered?

Schmendrick fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Dec 21, 2011

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Fauxtool posted:

Dunno if you've opened it already, but my Eightarc stick is way more convenient to open from the bottom with 8 phillips screws and you only need to get to those top plugged screws if you're changing art. Everything is mounted to the top, the bottom just comes off for easy access so it's kind of designed to opened that way.

Not sure if the Qanbas are the same way, I know they're sort of the same designs so you might want to try that.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Looks like it's like that Fist of the North Star game.

Anything that makes a game more like HnK is a good thing.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?
Valentine footage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYQzz18YrPg

There are also more videos of MvC2 players playing it at SCR

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

dj_de posted:

Valentine footage

Valentine has the Mai Shiranui stance, I see.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Valentine is looking really cool. Surprised how many characters I want to play in this game.

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!

dj_de posted:

Valentine footage

I'm really starting to appreciate Cerebella, her wall bounce shenanigans remind me of Hugo.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

dj_de posted:

Valentine footage

"Is the game releasing with just these eight?" Just became the new koko desu ka in my mind.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

The Rokstar posted:

You're joking, right?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Chipp Zanuff posted:

You're joking, right?

Kinda

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Mai stance or not, I want to gently caress That Nurse.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Gutcruncher posted:

Kinda

DAT CHEST, Jesus her spine must be hosed.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Chipp Zanuff posted:

Funnily enough, back pain is listed as a dislike on her profile.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Gutcruncher posted:

Kinda

High lvl distraction action :swoon:

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Chipp Zanuff posted:

And Mai's tits keep smacking into each other like pendulums, so that's gotta hurt too.

Being a fanservice character requires many sacrifices.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I never actually noticed that Mai stands with her hand on her rear end in KOF13. That's even more hilarious than her older stances.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
You'd think that women with huge boobs wouldn't be ninjas so often.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

The Rokstar posted:

Another funny thing to notice is her death animation :holymoley:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

dj_de posted:

Something like a waterbed falling down the stairs?

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
With all the magic and technology in fighting game universes you'd think they could invent some sort of sports bra.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

dj_de posted:

I want to see a death animation like Pac-Man except it wipes everything away except for the character's tits and then the tits disappear in the little sparky thing at the end.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
Hi I uploaded some lovely cellphone videos of some of my skullgirls tournament matches if anyone cares, this is definitely day -100 play and it shows but welp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lurdmulo4uk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru0GHZnGkxU

Gamest Mook
Jun 22, 2011

by Ozmaugh
aaaaaaaaaa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDxHUWKQahw

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.

Gamest Mook posted:

aaaaaaaaaa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDxHUWKQahw

Best FG of 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toilet.Duck
Jul 13, 2006
Cleanest ever!
Snapping out with her dismembered head is the greatest thing.

• Locked thread