Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Useless Shotgun
Nov 5, 2010

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man: no time to talk.
It ended up in my spam folder. Anyway I can get my character back?

EDIT: I managed too. Sorry for the delay. Can't wait for the thankfully shorter round 2.

Useless Shotgun fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 22, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Ah, I'm sure someone else will be happy to take over my serpentman! Sometimes you have to let go the ones you love. (note my forums name is now changed to the name I gave my serpentman)

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
If Jazz hasn't done it yet, please feel free to take back ownership! I'd hate to take a gladiator away from a present and loving owner. :ohdear:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Looks like Jazzimus is still without internet access! It'll be a day or two yet before things are sorted out. Sorry about the (additional) delay, although I'm sure the people showing up just now to reclaim their gladiators appreciate it. ;)

roctavian posted:

Ah, I'm sure someone else will be happy to take over my serpentman! Sometimes you have to let go the ones you love. (note my forums name is now changed to the name I gave my serpentman)

The change of ownership stuff is more about keeping things going than a punishment for people who don't check their email enough or have extremely strict spam settings. If you want to retain ownership of your fighter, by all means, go ahead.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
The bracket will be shuffled again before the 2nd round starts right?

And then betting will open on the shuffled bracket?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

The bracket will be shuffled again before the 2nd round starts right?

And then betting will open on the shuffled bracket?

Yes. Therefore, everyone should be gearing up to bet this weekend!

The next round of fights will actually begin around Monday.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
At long last, I've completed a cross-country move and have full internet access enabled in my new place. Now that I'm no longer limited to just web access through my smartphone, I've been able to reset the passwords of Revenant Threshold, TurninTrix, and Goodchild, and they have all updated their fighters.

e:However, Roctavian has a really short window to reclaim his fighter before it's handed over to someone else. As soon as Vox gives me the go-ahead, someone else gets the fighter.

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Dec 24, 2011

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
Thank you Jazz, my fighter Horza is now updated and ready to fight. Sorry to delay everyone.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Jazzimus Prime posted:

TurninTrix, please check your e-mail for your new password, and please update your fighter as soon as you can.
All done, thanks very much.

They're for everyone, really. :(

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Jazzimus Prime posted:

e: Revenant Threshold's and Goodchild's fighters have been updated.
I've forgotten my password before, so I made sure to update my fighter ASAP so at least there'd be less problems if I forgot it again.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Great to see that everyone who requested a password reset was on the ball to update their fighter! :)

Roctavian, you have until Vox either e-mails me or gets back to this thread to update your fighter, if you want to keep him! Otherwise, he'll be managed by someone else this next round!

GrickleGrass
Dec 18, 2011

I speak for the trees.
I would like to declare that I will be rooting for every Yeti to step foot into the arena.

And just to clarify, I've been following the last two tournaments but can't remember. For betting purposes, all newcomers start with 1000 dorfbux, correct? I've skimmed through a lot of the earlier part of this thread but only arrived at this assumption.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next round. Go Yetis! Especially the ones that don't need such silly things as weapons.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Yes, you start with 1000.

Betting will be open on the site once the matches are announced.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Roctavian's ownership is hereby permanently transferred to Clockwork Gadget. As soon as Jazzimus finishes moving things over, you should check out your new fighter and get him set up for the next round, Clockwork Gadget!

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
Alrighty! Me and this snakekid are going places. I can feel it in my bones.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Vox Nihili posted:

Roctavian's ownership is hereby permanently transferred to Clockwork Gadget. As soon as Jazzimus finishes moving things over, you should check out your new fighter and get him set up for the next round, Clockwork Gadget!

Transfer completed! Please update your fighter as soon as you get a chance.

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
He's good to go.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

:siren:Round Two is go!:siren:

Check out who will be facing who, place bets, cuss out your competition!

Fights will commence after some bets are in place or a couple days after Christmas, whichever comes first.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

With regards to the page at the other end of the place a bet link, what's up with this?

code:

Place Bet	View Bets	Fighter 1	Total Bets on Ftr 1	Fighter 2	Total Bets on Ftr 2
Bet	View	El Tigre	500	Junai	500
Bet	View	El Tigre	500	Junai	200
Bet	View	El Tigre	200	Junai	500
Bet	View	El Tigre	200	Junai	200

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
In case anyone wants to try and take my money, I have bet 2003 dwarfbucks on Prancer once again. My opponent is "Hugh Mann". Hopefully I get lucky and shatter another spine with my bolts.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Bad Munki posted:

With regards to the page at the other end of the place a bet link, what's up with this?

code:

Place Bet	View Bets	Fighter 1	Total Bets on Ftr 1	Fighter 2	Total Bets on Ftr 2
Bet	View	El Tigre	500	Junai	500
Bet	View	El Tigre	500	Junai	200
Bet	View	El Tigre	200	Junai	500
Bet	View	El Tigre	200	Junai	200

Hmmmm... give me a few minutes to look into that, it never came up during testing...

edit: Looks like my join condition is a little bugged, wonder why that never came up before? No data is corrupted, it just displays some bad information on the place_bet.php page. You can see the correct amounts under view_bets.php (View Match Bets in the left pane). Give me a few minutes to fix it...

edit2: Should be fixed now. It looks like a problem with my SQL allowed this to sometimes happen during the 2nd and subsequent rounds. It never came up before because I had never tested the code with such a large number of participants. Good catch.

edit3: Also note that the bracket is a little confusing at the moment, I'll need to put in code to sort everyone's bracket positions from the earlier rounds based upon the random seedings. I just haven't gotten around to that yet.

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 25, 2011

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay, who's going to pay me NOT to bet on them?

TheWhaler
Nov 6, 2009
Oh hey, I'm in the first round. I've completely forgotten all of my gladiator's skills.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

TheWhaler posted:

Oh hey, I'm in the first round. I've completely forgotten all of my gladiator's skills.

Looks like you're an early 10-1 betting favorite, too. Those are pretty big odds, even considering the fact that it's a minotaur vs. a strangler.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I put all my money on him, so those odds dont mean squat.

TheWhaler
Nov 6, 2009

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Looks like you're an early 10-1 betting favorite, too. Those are pretty big odds, even considering the fact that it's a minotaur vs. a strangler.

I put all of my money on him too, didn't really feel like thinking things out.

Orv
May 4, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

Okay, who's going to pay me NOT to bet on them?

Bet all your money on Ben Mattock. There is no way it could foul up my chances any more than they already are. :v: Hell, it's even minotaur vs minotaur.

E: Both with large blunt weapons. gently caress.

Orv fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Dec 25, 2011

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Good to see lots of bets already! I placed a few of my own between dinner and dessert.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Werewolves have the same shape, smell, and taste as kobolds, and are only a little bit bigger. Hungry Mungry is not afraid. Hungry Mungry is merely hungry.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Oh blimey, I'm the first fight AND I get a Minotaur? The betting stats aren't encouraging either :ohdear:

e: synthorange please bet on the minotaur

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007
Spear Human versus the ElfStomper huh? That could spell some trouble as his lack of armor and moves last match means he knows how to attack. Still I think Cretas can stomp humans just as well and put a grand down on his victory.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Betting against your own fighter, Bad Munki? Very classy. :colbert:

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
I was going to bet against Hungry Mungry but my hand slipped so I'm taking that as a sign I should be rooting for him. :unsmith:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Vox Nihili posted:

Betting against your own fighter, Bad Munki? Very classy. :colbert:

Worked last time! I figure it's the only way to get a sure thing: if I lose the fight, I win the bet; if I lose the bet I win the fight. But mostly I consider the bet a consolation prize if it comes to that. ;)

Of course, I'll win the fight, so y'all are welcome to bet on me and take my money!

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Right now I'm just gonna predict Betty the Yeti vs. Theseus Cheetahman to be a good fight. Laid down a solid bet on it; I think it's gonna be an exciting one.

Everyone bet all your dorfbucks to make these fights more interesting !!!

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
Socrates vs. roctavian. The showdown in snake town. Can Socrates' fangs save him when his opponent is equally equipped?? ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

Also, if the guy that manages Socrates didn't spend all his points for round 2 on Biting, I will be SEVERELY disappointed. :colbert:

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

My Elf is fighting a Tigerman.

I've bet all my money on him.

This is good for anyone who wants to bet against him - odds at 8 to 1 at the moment.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
Done. Odds are a bit evened out now!

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Orv posted:

Bet all your money on Ben Mattock. There is no way it could foul up my chances any more than they already are. :v: Hell, it's even minotaur vs minotaur.

E: Both with large blunt weapons. gently caress.

And I didn't waste any points on armour :smug: Hope you like investigating your own internal organs :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
Panty Thief vs. Pinball Wizard. That one's going to come down to if Panty Thief can get close enough to add another pair of goblin undies to his collection before getting perforated.

ALL OF MY MONIES on Panty Thief, natch.

• Locked thread