Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
Okay, the sun is now down. Time to think of a reason why this day was awesome:

- My calc professor gave me an opportunity to make up a final exam I missed! :D
- I'll be seeing the new Sherlock Holmes on Tuesday! And hanging out with my friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Seconding your second one, but in an hour instead of Tuesday.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Lady of the Beech posted:

Okay, the sun is now down. Time to think of a reason why this day was awesome:

- We went to meet santa in the old windmill. Kids were thrilled
- Crowley Jr. caught one of the gifts santa "accidentally dropped" from the mill - it was a gift card for $50 for the local shops.
- Both kids got a bag of candy from santa
- When we got home from we made Christmas cookies - literally hundreds of them, covering every flat space in the kitchen with glazed figure cakes, cinnamon cookies, pepper nuts, vanilla rings, coconut tops and brown syrup cookies.
- After the kids went to bed I made a stink in the kitchen with a hot pot of lard and made a bacth of Danish fried biscuits. A surefire way to mom-in-law's heart.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Less "today" than "this weekend", but I did more drinking and socializing this past weekend than I have in quite some time and it was almost perfect.
Also at one of those events I learned that a gal who I'm crushing on has done anal before :buddy: We're both seeing other people right now but if we both somehow wind up single in the future I know who I'm going after!

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
I haven't done a drat thing all day and I am happy with that. I need some relaxing from college.

EDIT: I also found out that I passed a class that I failed two tests in and was really worried about failing. Heart attack averted.

The Jumpoff has a new favorite as of 06:15 on Dec 19, 2011

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

One of my best friends decided yesterday that it was too long since we've hung out. I told her I wish I could but that I just didn't have the cash right now. She took it upon herself to ensure I got a bus ride to Toronto and back home all on her dime and all on a whim. We had adventures and I got to hang out with other friends of ours I haven't seen since summer.

Yeah, I'm getting her something nice as soon as I'm paid. :)

Trapdoor
Jun 7, 2005
The one and only.
Let's see..

Paid for hotel and flights to New York for New Year's Eve for me and my boyfriend.

Oh yeah, and I came out of the closet to my friends and family after knowing I've been gay for about a month.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Trapdoor posted:

Let's see..

Paid for hotel and flights to New York for New Year's Eve for me and my boyfriend.

Oh yeah, and I came out of the closet to my friends and family after knowing I've been gay for about a month.

Good for you man, live your life on your own terms. I hope everyone was in support of you.

As for me, my best friend who I've known since first grade told me that he tried weed for the first time a couple days ago, so I finally got to smoke with him and play video games and laugh at everything all day. :3:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Drinking an ice-cold beer after completing Christmas shopping for my side of the family. :feelsgood:

Trapdoor
Jun 7, 2005
The one and only.

Fun Times! posted:

Good for you man, live your life on your own terms. I hope everyone was in support of you.

You have no idea how good it feels, it's like life suddenly makes sense.
I haven't met anyone with negative remarks to it, I have a super-christian friend studying to become a priest though, will be interesting hearing his views on things.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Trapdoor posted:

Thank you for making this day awesome too. :3:

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly

Crowley posted:

brown syrup cookies.

What are these? They sound delicious.

Aristurtle Records
Jun 9, 2006

live at random, live as best one can
Not exactly awesome, but I went christmas shopping today and had a really easy time finding stuff for people. Also got a book and a shower curtain for myself. I'm livin the high life!

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

C-Euro posted:

Less "today" than "this weekend", but I did more drinking and socializing this past weekend than I have in quite some time and it was almost perfect.
Also at one of those events I learned that a gal who I'm crushing on has done anal before :buddy: We're both seeing other people right now but if we both somehow wind up single in the future I know who I'm going after!
FYI this makes you sound like a really terrible person.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

peepoogenderparts posted:

What are these? They sound delicious.
Brown Cakes - ("Brunkager")

1 lb. dark syrup
½ lb. brown sugar (Muscovado)
½ lb. butter
1 teaspoon pounded cloves
2 teaspoons pounded cinnamon
1 teaspoon pounded ginger
a bit of orange zest
1 teaspoon baking soda
1½ lbs. flour

Heat first six ingredients on the stove until they melt into a thick mass.
Add soda.
Add flour.
Roll dough into cylinders.
Place someplace cool, leave overnight.
While cool, Cut thin discs off the cylinders and place them on greased baking-sheet (or use baking paper). If the dough heats, chill it again. It's a mess working with it when it's not chilled.
Preheat oven to 225 C (~437 F) and bake cookies until they turn dark gold.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
I finally bought some games on Steam I've been meaning to get because of Steams big holiday sale! Also, I've officially worked at my job long enough to qualify for PTO.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
It seems I don't have an entry for the 19th yet. I'll put one in now:

- Because my mom and her friends came back from their Ski trip. It was too early in the ski season though and there wasn't enough snow.
- And I opened a forum! Yay!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I won $100 in my football pick'em league for getting the most picks right last week and I am in 3rd place out of 40 for the season with 2 weeks left.

Also got a small $100 christmas bonus at work.

msfd
Apr 10, 2007

I got a bottle of really terrible wine and a Discworld novel from people I am tutoring in math. It's a reason to feel good!

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
I live in a Muslim country, and they recently legalised the sale of pork products. So tonight, I had a bacon sandwich with brown (HP) sauce, on granary bread, for my tea. And it was lovely.

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib
Because I got notified that I had made it to the final stages of the interview process for an internship I've been applied to for about 7 months now, and it's pretty much the best place to be for the field I'm interested in. Also, I'm flying home to see my family, who I haven't seen for 4 months. So pretty good day.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
I got a HUGE hug and a kiss from each of my nephews before they hit bed tonight about an hour ago, as a thank-you for bringing them home and playing with them until my brother (their dad) got home from work. Nothing makes a rough day melt away like the sound of kids laughing, wrestling around, playing catch and Wii, and doodling silly things to make them giggle. :3:

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
I got the most awesome haircut I've ever had. I want my hair like this forever now.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

December 20, 2011

There are actually a lot of reasons why this day was awesome:
- I saw the new Sherlock Holmes. Long story short it was an amazing film with beautiful imagery, music, and movement, and I loved it.
- I saw Sucker Punch. It was a very interesting film. Not one I'll remember for the ages, but interesting, and one I certainly enjoyed.
- I finally made up the calc exam I was missing. My first semester of college is officially wrapped up!
- I got to hang out with my friends the rest of the day.
- I got the first two volumes of a comic I was dying to read!

EDIT: Nobody else likes this thread? Hey, you should all be optimistic and find reasons that your day was awesome!

December 21, 2011
- I have fans and admirers! Yay! :D
- Said goodbye to lovely forum that banned me yesterday morning. :)
- I read the first volume of Scott Pilgrim, the comic I got yesterday. I thought it was very cute!
- I finally checked my college grades and I am happy with them, only two C's. I did much better than I expected.

Lady of the Beech has a new favorite as of 05:37 on Dec 22, 2011

Budget Bears
Feb 7, 2011

I had never seen anyone make sweet love to a banjo like this before.
Got a tiny Christmas bonus from the president of the company I work for. It was only $25, but I work part-time for just barely above minimum wage and so I didn't expect any kind of bonus at all. What a nice surprise! Gonna use it to buy this jacket I've been wanting for a while. :)

Bannock
Feb 3, 2008
Rocking the Reservation in Stereo.
Today is the last full day or work before I take off for the holidays, working until noonish tomorrow and make the 4 hour trek back home. Be nice to get home and see the whole family again. Can't wait to get back up to where there's some trees and snow again.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.

Cowslips Warren posted:

TShields got a new job. After all the poo poo I read about him enduring in the retail thread, this is awesome.

My soda is on sale this week so I get to stock up!

Haha, thanks! This is probably the happiest I've been with my life in years.

Speaking of work, today we had pizza and beer courtesy of the boss, and tomorrow is a scheduled half-day, so someone is bringing some ground venison and some plain ol' hamburgers and we're going to grill out in the parking lot for lunch, throw back some mid-day beers, and enjoy the unseasonably warm NC winter. Tomorrow is going to be a blast!

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

TShields posted:

Haha, thanks! This is probably the happiest I've been with my life in years.

Speaking of work, today we had pizza and beer courtesy of the boss, and tomorrow is a scheduled half-day, so someone is bringing some ground venison and some plain ol' hamburgers and we're going to grill out in the parking lot for lunch, throw back some mid-day beers, and enjoy the unseasonably warm NC winter. Tomorrow is going to be a blast!

Yeah, NC has a stupidly warm winter. I want snow dang it.

Today I went to my karate dojo for the first time since October and promptly had some of the best fights I've had in my life. I didn't win, but my performance hasn't diminished too much since being up at college. Also I bought a new t-shirt that I'm excited about!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Checked a few things off the winter break to-do list today! (I didn't think I was going to get to any of them, and this just gives me momentum.)

Also, my in-laws' dogs are great but they can also be annoying as hell. It was rather humorous to discover that the little one framed the big one for some chocolate that disappeared tonight. (They're both fine now.)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

-Today was the 2nd day off I've had all year.
-Finished my Christmas shopping. Thank god for Amazon prime.
-My wife is finally sleeping through the night. She's 6 months pregnant and been fighting a hell of a cough all week, and has only been getting 2-3 hours of sleep each night.
-Steam sale. I love this time of the year.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
A very good friend of mine in Ohio sent me a box of ice cream from a store she manages. :buddy:

demoneyespaul
Sep 14, 2007

PIATPIATPIAT!
Found out I made a 4.0 this semester and I got an iPad for my birthday. :woop:

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

December 22, 2011
- Finally came up for an idea for my avatar--I just have to research it (I draw artwork, and then I crop said artwork for my avatars. Since I love historical fashion, especially from vague, ancient time periods, this means a lot of research for my artwork.)
- Decided to just sleep in the whole day and hang out with my cat in my bed. I love being in my bed. :) Screw productivity, Christmas is coming! May as well relax.

Spaticus
Feb 26, 2007

Understanding what thread you're in is futile the monkey said as it double-clicked the report button.
Looked for a job, and finally got a call-back for an interview.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Renegade Ops plus both DLC packs for $3. :black101: :rock:

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I got a bunch of OCBDs in the mail today that were only $11.99/ea and they fit virtually perfectly OTR.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

More checkboxes checked! And my father-in-law, totally unprovoked, just said we're going to the pub for dinner because the TV's out. :D

MongolArcher
Jan 2, 2009
Tried on my size 16-18 slacks today and they fit!!!!!!! :D I was a size 20-22 around Halloween, so this is totally wonderful and amazing.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Got asked to stay a little later after the other guys left work today (small shop, <10 people total), and I was totally expecting some kind of lovely mini review that I could steam over for the next week we have off. Instead got handed a fat bonus on top of the last paycheck I just got on Tuesday, then the advance paycheck through the end of the year earlier today. Sitting on more than a month and a half's income grinning like a retard. I was a little generous with the throttle on the way home. :ohdear:

Also got apparently every christmas present in the mail at once today (far more than I was expecting), and had a long talk with grandma that wasn't just "thanks for the sweater" BS.

Thinking about where I want to take the girl to dinner tonight, and thinking about finding a Wal-Mart tomorrow and paying off somebody's layaway. :3:

loving cloud nine, I'm there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable
Was out tonight with some of my favourite people on the planet and was told my outlook on life was so amazing that I should write self help books by a stunning brunette. Also according to the Zulu warriors I am the coolest white guy in Cape Town.