Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
When did "Kids and Fun" become shorthand for "Everyone dying tragically/hilariously"? I see a lot of people say it whenever Jack starts stabbing folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

YggiDee posted:

When did "Kids and Fun" become shorthand for "Everyone dying tragically/hilariously"? I see a lot of people say it whenever Jack starts stabbing folks.

It's a reminder of what the comic is really about and that any tragedy is usually but a part of paving the road to future absurd bullshit.

Miracon
Jan 1, 2010

I hope Davesprite used his sprite powers to animate John's message, resulting in an [S] page on 12/25.

Also, I just noticed that Davesprite still abbreviates to DS. That's neat.

Admiral Lasers
Dec 10, 2000

I'm rooting for fedorafreak, resplendent in his Gent of Piss finery, as the mystery guest due to arrive.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
What colour is Jane Crocker's kernelsprite going to be? Is it going to be the same blue as John's text are are we going to get all-new colours to work with?

ps update

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Aaaand there's the awkward Vriska mention.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

dog ears
anime
sexy

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
"jade says i have to finish quickly! she wants me to throw this bucket and its heartfelt payload through her mysterious portal. so here i go."

Oh John, you are the BEST KID :allears:

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

dog ears
anime
sexy

They are 13 year olds who's only interaction with people their own age is the internet.
Weeaboos.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I really hope Karkat reads John's note and Davesprite replaced certain words too.

So you have all this blue text and then there's some random orange text saying something embarrassing.

Disappointed that this didn't happen, but Karkat's faces make up for it.

ANIME
SEXY

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

john posted:

it's like we're a super hero team, or some kind of anime squad. like the sailor moons, i guess, but not as lame, or as sexy.

No one should ever let John write a note again.

I think we're going to see Karkat bluescreen in a minute. Every time I think he's reached rock bottom, there's some new indignity.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~
heartfelt payload

oh john

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Wait a minute how does Karkat know what anime is? Was there a Troll Japan on Alternia?

edit: John should be ashamed for using such lewd phrases. Won't somebody think of the children?

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library
^^ Troll anime is a highly sophisticated and celebrated art form. Only crass peasants would fail to appreciate its beauty.

Gotta love Karkat's reaction to "we all contributed to the contents of this bucket".

Pessimism fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Dec 23, 2011

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

quote:

but now jade says i have to finish quickly! she wants me to throw this bucket and its heartfelt payload through her mysterious portal.

Oh, John...you always know just what to say. :allears:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
There is pretty much no way Karkat survives these 3 years.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

They have troll anime. It has beautiful stories. One of my favorites is "A young man nearly dies to what appears to be an insurmountable foe, but rises to overcome his weakness and gains strength as the villain places progressively stronger enemies in his way". That's the abridged title anyway.

But who cares, a baka gaijin like you couldn't understand the deeper meanings anyway.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Wrist Watch posted:

They have troll anime. It has beautiful stories. One of my favorites is "A young man nearly dies to what appears to be an insurmountable foe, but rises to overcome his weakness and gains strength as the villain places progressively stronger enemies in his way". That's the abridged title anyway.

But who cares, a baka gaijin like you couldn't understand the deeper meanings anyway.

Oh man, that's a classic. My favorite episode is "Two Combatants Continually Power Themselves Up In Flamboyant Showmanshippy Fashion Whilst Everyone Else Watches And Talks About How Awesome They Are," from the "Season Immediately Following Everyone Training Offscreen For Months Or Years" season. :swoon:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Wrist Watch posted:

Come on, troll television has normal short names, like Thresh Prince. It's only their movies that have really long titles.

Nate RFB posted:

There is pretty much no way Karkat survives these 3 years.

This has got to be the last straw for him. He's going to have an aneurysm or a stroke or something if this keeps up.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

YggiDee posted:

Come on, troll television has normal short names, like Thresh Prince. It's only their movies that have really long titles.

It's an OVA you PHILISTINE UNCULTURED SWINE.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Wait, would Troll Anime be from a continent on Alternia that spoke a different language from the primary trolls, or is imported from one of the many conquered alien races?

Otherwise it's just Troll Cartoons.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I still hope Mindfang shows up and doesn't know what the gently caress when this nerdy looking human child acts so unbelievably excited about meeting her. And then she just chalks it up to how awesome she is.

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

Level Slide posted:

I still hope Mindfang shows up and doesn't know what the gently caress when this nerdy looking human child acts so unbelievably excited about meeting her. And then she just chalks it up to how awesome she is.

Wait, why does everyone keep saying they hope Mindfang shows up? Is there some fan speculation that she didn't actually die? Or is this just like, "Oh man, it would be TOTALLY RAD if . . . " Because in that case I hope the Summoner shows up and gores somebody on one of his massive horns.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There doesn't seem to be any precedent for Mindfang shenanigans, I don't where anyone's getting it from either.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

haruspex posted:

Wait, why does everyone keep saying they hope Mindfang shows up? Is there some fan speculation that she didn't actually die? Or is this just like, "Oh man, it would be TOTALLY RAD if . . . " Because in that case I hope the Summoner shows up and gores somebody on one of his massive horns.

On the subject of only-somewhat-crazy-speculation, we genuinely have no idea what happened to the pre-scratch ancestors, the players of the original troll session. It's entirely possible any one of them could be alive and escaped their own scratch. I think that's where those ideas come from.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

As far as I know, it's just me. I just like Mindfang because she looks cool.

Speaking of ancestors, do you think they get dream bubbles too?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I have the suspicion it will be Spades. But that's just me being biased toward the best character.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Lupus Rufus posted:

On the subject of only-somewhat-crazy-speculation, we genuinely have no idea what happened to the pre-scratch ancestors, the players of the original troll session. It's entirely possible any one of them could be alive and escaped their own scratch. I think that's where those ideas come from.

I hadn't actually considered the possibility before. On the other hand, if any of the Pre-Scratch trolls escaped the Scratch in hopes of helping to shape a better outcome, they didn't really do a very good job.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

these loaded phrases cause karkat to vomit... into the bucket? Dave assumes he is waxing pitch for john, "no no no, that's not how we fill " cut off again by another torrent of uncontrollable vomit

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Krinkle posted:

these loaded phrases cause karkat to vomit... into the bucket? Dave assumes he is waxing pitch for john, "no no no, that's not how we fill " cut off again by another torrent of uncontrollable vomit

Or that could not happen. I'd be very happy if it didn't.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
This update is my favourite update

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~
This whole intermission has been great.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Krinkle posted:

I dont think Hussie is ever gonna elaborate on how the pails work. (Thank god). In my head though, it will always be through vomiting into a bucket, just because I think that it is funny.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Everybody's first sexual experience is horrible and awkward. Though it's usually not in front of a half dozen spectators...

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

Prison Warden posted:

I dont think Hussie is ever gonna elaborate on how the pails work. (Thank god). In my head though, it will always be through vomiting into a bucket, just because I think that it is funny.

Hussie did once say on his formspring that this was how it works because he found it to be the most hilarious and alien.

Silva
Aug 26, 2003

Time is the fire in which we burn

haruspex posted:

Hussie did once say on his formspring that this was how it works because he found it to be the most hilarious and alien.

But that wouldn't explain why they even have bone bulges, or seed flaps.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

YggiDee posted:

There doesn't seem to be any precedent for Mindfang shenanigans, I don't where anyone's getting it from either.

That was a spinoff from the "I hope Beta-Vriska shows up from the 'timeline' Terezi saw with her mind powers" line of reasoning.

So many people want Vriska to come back (despite her arc really being well tied up at this point) that I want one of the inconsequential characters to rise from the dead just for the twist. Tavros or Feferi turn up and continue to be pretty inconsequential but present, or maybe Eridan shows up and becomes some scheming minor antagonist again.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
It'll be one of the 48 Squiddle players.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It should be yet another Sollux.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Cleretic posted:

It'll be every single one of the 48 Squiddle players.

I can't wait for this to be true dear lord please.