Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Stupid spin-off anime borrowing the characters somewhat but not their characterizations.

It's best to forget it exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Spirit Armor posted:

To that, I can only say "holy poo poo." :stare:

... well, that and "I hope you liked it." :unsmith:

It was an enjoyable romp, barring the fact that waffle ate half of the updates. I was able to fill in the blanks with context, though.

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009

Ashsaber posted:

I remember there was supposed to be a mech anime involving Idolm@ster characters, involving mechs punching pieces of the exploded moon when they became meteoric, and, as far as I could understand from the talk on the imageboard that shall not be named, the main heroine has a thing for her mech, or at least has to show it affection to get it to work.

Yeah. I have no idea. :japan:

Yeah, I watched that to see how they would an idol grooming game into a mecha series. I'd have to say it's merely ok and it turns dark near the end of it. I'm talking people getting killed left right and center as I could remember it.
It's just weird and jarring all things considered.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Ashsaber posted:

I remember there was supposed to be a mech anime involving Idolm@ster characters, involving mechs punching pieces of the exploded moon when they became meteoric, and, as far as I could understand from the talk on the imageboard that shall not be named, the main heroine has a thing for her mech, or at least has to show it affection to get it to work.

Yeah. I have no idea. :japan:

It's best to pretend that never exist since it had some characters in name only and really messed up the characters. Just treat it as the supposed tsukihime anime and watch the real one that aired this year.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Stumbling Block posted:

Yeah, I watched that to see how they would an idol grooming game into a mecha series.

*Looks at thread*
Theater
IdolsActresses
Mecha

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009

veekie posted:

*Looks at thread*
Theater
IdolsActresses
Mecha

Nope, not seeing it. *Blinkers on*

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

It's great to have you back, SA! This thread is well written and very entertaining.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

After about one and a half years of not being able to boot up my desktop, I restored the session on the browswer. Had pages up for researching a final, email, and this LP.

Happier times.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Mr. Wookums posted:

After about one and a half years of not being able to boot up my desktop, I restored the session on the browswer. Had pages up for researching a final, email, and this LP.

Happier times.

If you were working on a final and then suddenly couldn't get to your desktop, that's probably about as far from happy times as it gets for most students.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Raitzeno posted:

If you were working on a final and then suddenly couldn't get to your desktop, that's probably about as far from happy times as it gets for most students.

Im sure the times before he couldn't access his desktop were infinitely happier than after.

omegaultima
Mar 18, 2009

Cripes, don't tell me my joke about this not being finished before the sun implodes is actually going to come true. :v:

Kidding, of course, still glad the thread is alive, albeit very, very lethargic.

Edit: Hmmm...I think lethargic doesn't quite work; catatonic is much more like it.

Also, reading through updates with images missing is fun in a whole different way than it was when they were intact. Let's me make crazy things up for what I've forgotten.

omegaultima fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 24, 2012

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

So what's happening, SA? It's been a while, still working on finding the images?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Wrist Watch posted:

So what's happening, SA? It's been a while, still working on finding the images?

He also has law school.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Go back to the first page; at least some of the early updates have been changed from waffleimages to lpix. I don't have time to check just how far he's gotten, but it sure looks like he's making some progress here. He just hasn't made formal updates as he goes.

SmithKurosaki
Apr 15, 2009

Of course I'm not scum, if I were scum I would be fucking glaring. Christ.
HUZZAH! SA Has returned! Also, thank you for making me mouse over every new emote... :gonk: Keep up the awesome work!

omegaultima
Mar 18, 2009

SmithKurosaki posted:

HUZZAH! SA Has returned! Also, thank you for making me mouse over every new emote... :gonk: Keep up the awesome work!

I knew there was something that I was forgetting to do. Time to go back and see what potential horrors I missed. :v:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
God, I just realized I've been reading this thread for almost five years now. loving hell.

lishan1988
Mar 19, 2009
You know this is a good thread when you (read: I) come here at least once a day, everyday, for months on end in the hopes that maybe, just maybe, SpiritArmor has come back to update the thread with delicious goodness.

omegaultima
Mar 18, 2009

I won't give up hope! Surely he will at least finish the first game!

...Don't make us bring Canuck-Errant back in here! :v:

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
WHO DARES TO SUMMON T- oh it's just you guys again hi

SA, I really do hope you're going to give this thing a proper finish. I mean, we've had some ups and downs, but it's been a great time; I think we're all just hoping for some closure, in the end.

Also I think I've kinda mellowed with the emoticons since I found a girlfriend. Just sayin'.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

Canuck-Errant posted:

Also I think I've kinda mellowed with the emoticons since I found a girlfriend. Just sayin'.

Welp it's over guys time to pack it up and go home. Good times have ended, etc.

Adding into the "hope you're doing well SA" feelings, this thread has been some pretty good time wasting.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I spoke too soon. She dumped me by the ol' "don't answer text messages for a week" method. Yay.

SmithKurosaki
Apr 15, 2009

Of course I'm not scum, if I were scum I would be fucking glaring. Christ.

Canuck-Errant posted:

I spoke too soon. She dumped me by the ol' "don't answer text messages for a week" method. Yay.

Harsh.
Spirit Armor definitely needs to come back now just so that Canuck-Errant won't have an empty void in his life. But, also adding to the hope SA is doing well pile in case he doesn't return again for a while

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

SmithKurosaki posted:

Harsh.
Spirit Armor definitely needs to come back now just so that Canuck-Errant all of us won't have an empty void in our lives. But, also adding to the hope SA is doing well pile in case he doesn't return again for a while

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug
This is the second time I've closed this thread due to non-updates.

Spirit Armor, you can re-open the thread with another update, but you haven't posted here in six months, so this is the last chance you have to resurrect the LP.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.

----
[Ogami]

O... okay. One girl down, five to go. I just have to do five more rounds of...

[Ogami]

... telling them that... everything's going to be alright, even though I royally hosed everything up and gunned down the woman that everyone in this godforsaken theater looked up to.

[Ogami]

R-Right! You can do this, Ogami! Just look them dead in the eye and-

[Ogami]

- oh god no bad choice of words-

[Ogami]

Right. Deep breaths. I have to stay calm for everyone's sake. I mean, I only have one shot at this-

[Ogami]

Too soon, brain! What the hell are you thinking, cracking tension-releasing jokes at a time like this!? Seriously, man, get a hold of-

[Ogami]

... great, I've fallen so far that I'm actually holding arguments with MYSELF. At least no one's around to see-

----

----
[Ogami]

- gently caress!

[Sakura]

YES!

[Ogami]

NO!

[Sakura]

gently caress. One of these days, Ogami-san. One of these days.

[Ogami]

- yes, yes, one of these days, I will mess up even worse than usual, and that is the day that my poor beleaguered soul will finally waft up to join the Great Ticket-Taker in the sky.

[Sakura]

No, I will simply bang you and eventually carry your adorable badass thunder god babies, and together we will steal the bellybuttons of children all around the world!

[Ogami]

... yeah, like I said. Great Ticket-Taker in the sky.

----

[Ogami]

Sakura-kun... so this is where you've been. Aren't you cold out here?

[Ogami]

[Sakura]

To tell you the truth, I... actually looked up to Ayame-san.
I really wanted to become like her someday. That's... what I'd always thought.

----
[Ogami]

... you... want to get kissed by a smug fetcher and turn into some evil brainwashed sex appeal demon?

[Sakura]

... no, Ogami-san.

[Ogami]

Okay, so you want to... spend your days watching over a senile old commander, making sure he doesn't drink himself, the theater, or all of the Imperial Capital into a blissful alcohol-fueled oblivion?

[Sakura]

I want to drive a gently caress-awesome blimp-cannon, level most of the Imperial Capital in government-sanctioned "accidents," and have mysteriously charismatic ticket-takers drool all over me and my swag.

[Ogami]

... right, how could I forget? The traditional dream of Japanese maidens everywhere.

-----

[Ogami]

Sakura-kun...

[Ogami]

That's wrong. We won't be fighting against her. We're going to go save her.

-----
[Sakura]

Just like how you "saved" her with a bullet to the heart?

[Ogami]

N-No, I didn't mean it as a euphemism.

[Sakura]

Fine, but while we're on the subject of euphemisms-

[Ogami]

WE'RE DONE HERE.

-----

[Ogami]

Sakura-kun... is the Ayame-san you believed in such a weak person?

[Ogami]

Then... believe in that. That Ayame-san will come back to be with us once more.

[Sakura]

... yes. I'll believe in me, who believed in Ayame-san...

-----
[Ogami]

Look, if you're going to BELIEVE, you should probably start by not automatically assuming that you're going to need the past tense there.

-----

[Sakura]

Ogami-san... let's go find Ayame-san. Then, we'll definitely rescue her.

[Ogami]

Yup, that's the spirit. Let's do our best, Sakura-kun.

[Ogami]

Yeah...

----
[Sakura]

... okay, our daily hot-blooded optimism quota has been fulfilled. Can we go back to talking about euphemisms NOW?

[Ogami]

Can we not? I REALLY have to figure out how I'm going to survive my upcoming conversations with Iris and Maria-

[Sakura]

- BY USING YOUR GREAT BIG ROOSTER!

[Ogami]

No no NO NO let's just- let's just talk about something safer than euphemisms! Okay? Okay!?

----

[Ogami]

Eek!?

[Ogami]

Um, w-well...

----
[Ogami]

- LET'S GO BACK TO EUPHEMISMS AND CONVERSE AT LENGTH ABOUT MY GREAT BIG ROOSTER.

[Sakura]

Ship's sailed, Ogami-san.

[Ogami]

drat. Well, if you mean love as in a tragic yearning for something vaguely resembling a normal romantic relationship, which is impossible both because this theater is filled with maladjusted terrifying superhumans and because Ayame-san had some kind of star-crossed lovers thing going on-

[Sakura]

So, in other words, cockblocking and heavy railroading kept you from ever getting close to the object of your inappropriate lust?

[Ogami]

... yes. Yes, that's exactly it.

----

[Sakura]

See? It's just as I said!
But there's nothing wrong with that, right? I mean, I love Ayame-san a lot, too!
Okay then, Ogami-san. We'll definitely bring Ayame-san back!

----
[Sakura]

Even if we have to break all her limbs to do so!

[Ogami]

Ha ha ha, that's the spirit, Sakura-kun! In fact, why don't you go down to the cafeteria and get Kanna to help you practice on the defenseless pedestrians passing by the theater? She could use the pick-me-up.

[Sakura]

YES, MY LORD!

----

----
[Ogami]

Nope, no shame, horror, or guilt at unleashing them on innocent bystanders. Just the overwhelming sense of relief at managing to survive another conversation with Sakura.

[Ogami]

Yup, I've really been here for too long. Still, Ayame-san's going to be pissed as all hell, we're going WAY over our weekly Acceptable Deaths quota as it is, and-

[Ogami]

... oh. Right. Ayame-san. gently caress.

----

[Ogami]

Ayame-san... are you also watching it snow now, somewhere out there?

----
[Ogami]

And are you still wearing that ridiculous demon bikini, or did you have the good sense to put on a jacket?

[Ogami]

- right, speaking of ridiculous outfits-

----

----

----

[Ogami]

What's the matter? Sitting by yourself up here...

----

----
[Ogami]

S-Sumire-kun...

[Sumire]

Yes, Ensign?

[Ogami]

... it's... it's such a RELIEF to see that this whole thing with Ayame-san hasn't dampened your spirits any, Sumire-kun! I mean, you're just as bitchy as usual! Ten points for Bitchyndor! I KNEW I could count on you to be the stiff upper lip in this entire-

[Sumire]

[Ogami]

... r-right, um, I just- let's try that again.

----

[Ogami]

No, that's not I meant, but... if I hurt your feelings somehow, I'll apologize. I'm sorry... Sumire-kun.

Mecha and Demons: Groveling in the Dirt Since 1923.

[Sumire]

It was inexcusable of me. To say something so rude...

[Ogami]

Sumire-kun...

[Ogami]

[Sumire]

And you would say nothing to me, I see...

----
[Ogami]

Well, the only way to win ANYTHING with you is to not play at all.

[Sumire]

Oh ha ha, Ensign, very funny.

[Ogami]

... hey, it's true, isn't it? Just about anything I say will give you ammunition to tear me a new verbal rear end in a top hat-

[Sumire]

Ensign, that phrase doesn't actually make any SENSE.

[Ogami]

See!? There you go again!

----

[Ogami]

No...

----

[Ogami]

Sumire-kun...

[Sumire]

For Ayame-san's sake... it shall be me who will deal the killing blow.
I shall repay her that one last favor, from me to her.

[Ogami]

S-Sumire-kun... you...

-----
[Ogami]

... sound like a speech written by a middle school girl who just discovered GRIM DARKNESS and THE FLESH OF FALLEN ANGELS for the first time.

[Sumire]

... what?

[Ogami]

Sumire-kun, it won't make you sound any cooler if you try to act all hardboiled and poo poo, okay?

[Sumire]

No, but I really-

[Ogami]

I mean- look, everything we've faced so far has required us to be stupidly positive and hopeful and fart rainbows all over the place, so we just have to keep spouting positive happy bullshit until we can inevitably save Ayame-san, leading to glorious good ends everywhere!

[Ogami]

... right?

[Sumire]

Y... yes, Ensign. Of course. It's surprising that you're just now snapping from all this pressure.

-----

----

[Ogami]

Dammit... if only I'd done a better job...

----
[Ogami]

... m... man, I can't handle another billion girls to talk to right now. I've got to talk to the one person in this theater who I can count on to help me de-stress. The one person who'll listen to my worries and my troubles!

----

----
[Ogami]

Ayame-san!

[Ogami]

[Ogami]

... gently caress.

----

NEXT TIME: Recap central!
ETA: Three days. MORE LIKE FOUR TO FIVE DAYS

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Aug 18, 2012

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

:stare: Holy poo poo. This is the LP that will not die.

It's good to have you back, Spirit Armor.

Spirit Armor posted:

NEXT TIME: Recap central!
ETA: Three days.

:dance:

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
It lives!

quote:

... yes. I'll believe in me, who believed in Ayame-san...
That sounds kinda familiar

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Oh jesus talk about a blast from the past. I remember this thread! Is that one guy still hiding horrible images behind emotes?

edit: I last posted in this thread almost four years ago. gently caress.

GruntyThrst fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Aug 15, 2012

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.
Whoa I clicked on this link without fully realizing what's happened. Man I beat this game ages ago, brah!! Welcome back! :v:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Yesssss!

Gawd, this thread was getting precariously close to getting booted off the active forums. I'm glad to see you back

Spirit Armor posted:

----

----
[Ogami]

- gently caress!

[Sakura]

YES!

[Ogami]

NO!

[Sakura]

gently caress. One of these days, Ogami-san. One of these days.

and in fine form!

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Oh hey, I was just thinking about this thread. Was trawling through some old image folders, you see. Well, it's good to see an update, at least.

Just like old times... :allears:

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!
It lives! :stare:

See y'all in 2013! :byewhore:

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
This is like reading a history book. :allears:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The only thing keeping this alive is Iris' eldritch powers, isn't it? I wasn't even registered when I started reading this and it was ALREADY two years old or something.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Let's Play! > Spirit Armor: Messing With Sakura Wars Since 2007.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Dias posted:

The only thing keeping this alive is Iris' eldritch powers, isn't it? I wasn't even registered when I started reading this and it was ALREADY two years old or something.

Oh, come on. I'm sure that if she tried, Sakura could give Iris a run for her money :colbert:

I mean, assuming Ogami's mind control over her fails, or something.

Canuck-Errant fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Aug 15, 2012

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
And that makes this into "longest running LP on SA, probably ever" territory, I think, given that Planescape is done now.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
ohmigod ohmigod ohmigod

Man, the imams were right when they said that fasting would bring rewards in both flesh and spirit! This is one of the best Eid gifts ever! :dance:

Canuck-Errant posted:

Oh, come on. I'm sure that if she tried, Sakura could give Iris a run for her money :colbert:

I mean, assuming Ogami's mind control over her fails, or something.

Man, you really know how to make paranoia feel good, don't you? :v:

I hereby avow that all smilies in this post are perfectly innocent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lishan1988
Mar 19, 2009
THE THREAD LIVES

Thanks for brightening my shitteous day, Spirit Armour. Almost missed my bus back home and then I saw my favourite neighbourhood cat had choked to death right outside my house :3:

• Locked thread