Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

QueerPope posted:

"YOUTHERE,MISSPLEASESAVEMYFRIEND" says the moorse

That saves me bashing away at my keyboard trying to translate that! Thanks.

Also, looks like the mental breakdown shut Karkat the gently caress up!

For now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Andrew posted on the MSPA Front Page that Gristmas is cancelled :(

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Andrew posted on the MSPA Front Page that Gristmas is cancelled :(

Welp
Ok everybody go home, Lord English stole Gristmas.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Please save Mr Mayo :ohdear:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

A Spider posted:

Welp
Ok everybody go home, Lord English stole Gristmas.

You're a mean one, Lord English, you really are a heel.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It makes me ridiculously happy that WV is not only probably going to make it, but join our main hero group :unsmith:

Cracky
Feb 11, 2007

are you one of those guys who likes big fatties and the big fatties have got big fatty dildos in their nose and they barf and they barf and its so gross.

Nate RFB posted:

It makes me ridiculously happy that WV is not only probably going to make it, but join our main hero group :unsmith:

that was the plan. :smug:

(so happy i have this avatar)

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Robo Pope posted:

Seemed pretty clear that Jade knew where the others were and what they were doing at the moment, so I don't see why PM wouldn't since they both have Bec powers.
I'm guessing Jade does because she has Space powers and PM's ability might have more to do with the role of being a Prospitan Monarch with long-range planning.

Nate RFB posted:

It makes me ridiculously happy that WV is not only probably going to make it, but join our main hero group
That would be sweet and something I hadn't even considered. I thought it would have more to do with WV's ability to unite people from the two moons, even in the midst of war. Maybe it can be both?

If the popular theory that B2 characters are populated from B1's reckoning, then it might not be absolutely mandatory that B2's reckoning happens in the first place?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Mr. Lobe posted:

Also, he's not a PC. I don't think health gushers would work on him.

Let's get this straight. Health gushers would be some kind of potion at most, troll blood masquerading as a children's snack at the least. What do we know about phoenix downs? They look like feathers. Golden feathers. Which character has golden feathers? Davesprite, who's also been shown with injuries that look like he should be dead by now, but he can't die because his feathers keep bringing him back to life.

Q.E.D. :smug: :smug: :smug:

-Wrist Watch, Homestuck Analysis Expert, esq.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
So I was bored yesterday and decided to whip something up for The Land of Caves and Silence, Equius' world, because I thought is sounded interesting.

It's lovely because I'm bad at music but w/e, here you go.

\

Edit: have a picture that I looked at a lot.

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 24, 2011

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

So I was bored yesterday and decided to whip something up for The Land of Caves and Silence, Equius' world, because I thought is sounded interesting.

If that's not two minutes of pure silence I'm going to be very disappointed.

edit:Actually it's pretty good! I like the military anthem type thing going on, and the sort of blend between silly energy and the drums constant rythm.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 24, 2011

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So who has the ability to actually save WV? Karkat?

Nate RFB posted:

:unsmith::respek::unsmith:

I really really hope WV gets better and gets the queen's ring in "WV: Rise Up".

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Think the uranium did something to WV while it was inside him? I mean aside from getting impaled, of course.

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Because there's always an ending.
As an unrepentant WV enthusiast, I am very excited at this turn of events. I still have my concerns (if Rose was only expecting one visitor, where does Serenity fit in?) but the fact that he's still around and there is hope for him is enough for me :unsmith:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Awesomonster posted:

As an unrepentant WV enthusiast, I am very excited at this turn of events. I still have my concerns (if Rose was only expecting one visitor, where does Serenity fit in?) but the fact that he's still around and there is hope for him is enough for me :unsmith:

The firefly is obviously their visitor's +1.

Rykert
Mar 13, 2010

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

\

I highly enjoy this and think it's a very apt musical translation for what Equius' level would sound like!

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Dolash posted:

The firefly is obviously their visitor's +1.
R. Lalonde cordially invites you (and 1 guest) to her
TROLL/HUMAN SLOPPY MAKEOUT PARTY
GREEN SUN HOUSEWARMING PARTY
6 for [6.30 + 3 Years]
.-. ... ...- .--.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Update

Slowing down Jack so that he can't reach the asteroid sure does sound like a just thing to do.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So.. Won't Jack just get bored as gently caress, chasing after a meteor for three years, it's like a carrot dangling on a stick in front of him.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Fat_Cow posted:

So.. Won't Jack just get bored as gently caress, chasing after a meteor for three years, it's like a carrot dangling on a stick in front of him.

He's part dog now. Chasing things is in his blood.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Jack: Wait.

You attempt to be patient.
You fail miserably.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

pandaK posted:

Update

Slowing down Jack so that he can't reach the asteroid sure does sound like a just thing to do.

I hope Aradia knows that Jack isn't going to fall for the same trick twice.

As for Jack getting bored while chasing the asteroid...Well perhaps those Dark Gods of the Furthest Ring will entertain him. Briefly, anyway.

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

And then the asteroid exploded.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

pandaK posted:

Update

Sounds more heroic than just to me.

Granted neither option would be much good for Aradia's health.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
At least Karkat recognises Mr Mayor's position of responsibility.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

pandaK posted:

Update

I think you mean heroic. Aradia won't die a scoundrel.

FrictionlessEmu
Jan 24, 2011

Oh nooooo :ohdear:. Please know what you're doing and don't die, Aradia! Since that would be the saddest thing :(.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Gnome de plume posted:

At least Karkat recognises Mr Mayor's position of responsibility.
Karkat: actually a better leader once he stops trying to be the leader.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005392

I really hope she's not changed her mind :ohdear:

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
And they're off. PM is still watching, evidently; I wonder if/when she'll catch up. Surely if Jack is meant to end up chasing the meteor she won't just come up as Aradia is holding him in place and run him through right there... possibly there'll be some shenanigans and she'll be the help Rose is expecting?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Two people liked my LoCaS song so I'll take that as an excuse to poo poo up the thread with my own music in the future. V:shobon:V

Like this one I made a few weeks ago but didn't post here because it's not that good, I'm only like, 16 and have little no no prior experience in music before a few months ago:

Is supposed to represent the 4 kids meeting up, you have John's piano, Rose's violin, Jade's flute (yeah I know she plays bass shut up), and Dave's sick beatz. I suppose after 3 years it would hold enough emotional weight to warrant a song like this.

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 25, 2011

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I don't think Karkat's blood powers are going to be able to save WV. Remember, he's a Knight class, which, as Aradia just mentioned, is a combat-oriented role. Maybe a Slyph or Bard could be considered a support class?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Hjalmar posted:

I don't think Karkat's blood powers are going to be able to save WV. Remember, he's a Knight class, which, as Aradia just mentioned, is a combat-oriented role. Maybe a Slyph or Bard could be considered a support class?

So who is the tank? The big problem with fighting Jack is that he keeps one-hitting people.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Bobulus posted:

So who is the tank? The big problem with fighting Jack is that he keeps one-hitting people.

Probably the Knight again, but you're not meant to fight Jack. Dude keeps one-hitting people because he's a semipotent demidog!

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Can he break out of time locks? Dave could hold him, everyone wails on him?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Fat_Cow posted:

Somehow I doubt Dave has the same time abilities Aradia has. He more likely would use time to do something like have 20 Daves attack Jack at once.

Just throwing Daves at him until they stop dying. Letting those dead Daves pile up.

But maybe the class doesn't matter as much as I'm imagining here.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Two people liked my LoCaS song so I'll take that as an excuse to poo poo up the thread with my own music in the future. V:shobon:V

Like this one I made a few weeks ago but didn't post here because it's not that good, I'm only like, 16 and have little no no prior experience in music before a few months ago:

Is supposed to represent the 4 kids meeting up, you have John's piano, Rose's violin, Jade's flute (yeah I know she plays bass shut up), and Dave's sick beatz. I suppose after 3 years it would hold enough emotional weight to warrant a song like this.

I made a Homestuck song with the same basic concept last spring. Not that I'm accusing you of anything ;) The violin hits a few sour notes here and there. If I were you I'd add more instruments--just because the primary instruments are supposed to be the kid's instruments doesn't mean they have to be the only instruments in the song. Because of that the song doesn't seem to have much variation. Working in Jade's bass somewhere would give the song a framework and also give the piano something more to do. And if you want to learn more about how music works I'd suggest http://www.musictheory.net. Also one cool thing you could do with the violin and the flute would be to have one playing a melody and another playing a countermelody and have them trade places...

Also, as a Gristmas present, I present to the thread a potential start to my Lord English strife theme:

I wanted to do a slow build-up for the beginning until the action starts, which will be in the next section (yes, I'm planning on making this a long one). There are lots of dissonant chords here that were very fun to make... okay not all of them are dissonant on purpose but I'll fix that later. What I have planned so far is for the next section to develop a tense, action-oriented remix/arrangement of my Lord English theme, and for the section after that to involve all the surviving characters' leitmotifs (like in Rex Duodecem Angelus), followed by a finale.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Well Manicured Man posted:

I made a Homestuck song with the same basic concept last spring. Not that I'm accusing you of anything ;) The violin hits a few sour notes here and there. If I were you I'd add more instruments--just because the primary instruments are supposed to be the kid's instruments doesn't mean they have to be the only instruments in the song. Because of that the song doesn't seem to have much variation. Working in Jade's bass somewhere would give the song a framework and also give the piano something more to do. And if you want to learn more about how music works I'd suggest http://www.musictheory.net. Also one cool thing you could do with the violin and the flute would be to have one playing a melody and another playing a countermelody and have them trade places...

Okay basically thanks for all those links and poo poo, I definitely have to check some of them out. I've always wanted to take a music theory course, but we need at least 15 people to sign up for it to become a class and people aren't that interested. I rally for it each year anyway. :(

Anyway back to Homestuckchat: I don't think how long the time lock lasts really matters, they just need to slow him down just a little, then match his speed so he can never catch up. I doubt he'd want to trail a meteor for three years, so maybe he'll run back to PM for some prime hatelove.

(And then PM kills him)

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Actually the idea of an omnipotent Jack doing whatever he pleases for 3 years would seem a catastrophic derailment of the plot if not for the fact that he's in the middle of loving nowhere and can't conceivably affect anything for that length of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Fat_Cow posted:

Generally, in games, when you freeze something in time you make it immune to damage. Being able to be hurt generally requires that time flows in such a way that causality isn't casually obliterated.