Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

Work gave me a portable recorder to carry around with me and take notes with.

Our receptionist's name is Diane.

Suddenly I feel the need for some coffee ....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

MongolArcher posted:

Tried on my size 16-18 slacks today and they fit!!!!!!! :D I was a size 20-22 around Halloween, so this is totally wonderful and amazing.

High five weight loss buddy. My pants that were tight when I bought them earlier this year fall down without me moving if I don't wear a belt now. It does feel totally awesome.

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
I took my husband's "after" pictures today.

He wanted to see a comparison of the before-and-after photos, so I showed him a quick morph of the "before" into the "after." Seeing the look of pride on his face has just made my year. His expression was... "Holy poo poo, I lost 150 pounds!" It's just starting to sink in that he has changed his life so dramatically.

He said "Imagine what I'll look like next year!" And then he went downstairs to watch Harry Potter... from the treadmill.

I'm animating the pictures for a present for our upcoming 17th anniversary (shh!).

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
Got a call from my boss to ask if I could drop by the office. I've been working there for six months now, and they're offering me a new contract for an indefinite time, instead of another 6-month contract. This, combined with a salary which has me making more money per month than I ever expected, will really have me going into Christmas and New Year's eve with a big, silly grin on my face. After going through a bit of a rough financial year, this has me hoping that 2012 will be looking better. Hell, I even have hope that we can start properly planning our wedding now. Psyched as hell.

That, and I got to watch Sherlock Holmes 2 in one of the most comfortable cinemas in the neighbourhood. And it turned out to be a very good film, it's been a long time since I left a movie where everyone was pretty excited/satisfied with the movie afterwards. This day absolutely rocked.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Today's only just started so yesterday my day was awesome because:

- Massive lunch paid for by the company
- Last day of work
- Car got fixed
- One of my colleagues from Romania said he'd broken his toes - this is not awesome, but what is awesome is that he didn't call them toes. He called them "leg fingers".

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
In the same day I was gifted Saints Row the Third on Steam by my SA Secret Santa and a couple hours later I was gifted Arkham City by somebody else. It was really awesome.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Friend bought me lunch, we smoked weed and talked about stuff and we watched the old Transformers movie, which loving ruled.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
My friend is heading out of town for Christmas in a few hours. I ran into him this morning, he bought me coffee and gave me a hug. It was the perfect start to my morning.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Takin' a dirt nap with baby Jesus
I have gotten 3 bottles of wine as christmas gifts from people at work. I guess people know how much I love wine.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Celebrating Christmas with my family two days early. :smug:

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.

fuzzy_logic posted:

Work gave me a portable recorder to carry around with me and take notes with.

Our receptionist's name is Diane.

Suddenly I feel the need for some coffee ....

This is awesome because I just started watching Twin Peaks. Which is what has made this entire WEEK awesome. I love this show.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
December 23 2011
- Today is awesome because it is the day before christmas.
- Also drew some drat nice little sketches that I can't wait to present to the general public once I've filled up the page. It's been a while since I've actually sat down and drew stuff.

Budget Bears
Feb 7, 2011

I had never seen anyone make sweet love to a banjo like this before.
From yesterday but it's still making me happy today! I...
-Bought my first car after saving up since summer.
-Got up the courage to tell someone off who's been making me feel like poo poo lately.
-Had a movie night with my boyfriend, one of my best friends, and her boyfriend.
-Found out that my boyfriend is a huge baby about scary movies. Adorable.

Bacon Legs
Jun 26, 2011

My bacon brings all the boys to the yard and they're like, "it's covered in lard."
-Got a sizable bonus!
-Got a 7% raise. HOLY SHiiiitt.

Still can't afford to move out of my dad's house though.

RAR!
Oct 21, 2005
rabble babble
People at work got to go home early as long as one person stayed to answer the phone on each team. I have the closing shift so I really didn't have a choice so some of the supervisors went out and brought me back some beer to keep me company.

tabris
Feb 17, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Dried apricots, chocolate, and a good book. Mmmmm.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I got teal tights, a fountain pen, lipstick, and I'm going to bake two delicious pies.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
More reason why today was awesome:

- Put up the tree today, including chocolate ornaments as per Polish/European tradition. :)

MongolArcher
Jan 2, 2009
A slow day at work meant my coworker and I could order out from the best Indonesian restaurant in the US and actually eat HOT FOOD. yum. (Bandung, in Madison WI for those of you planning a road trip.)

My SASS prezzies came today! A cool mysterious package from Finland!!! Filled with mysterious and alien candies, and a cool book, and ornaments, and just awesome stuff.

The fiance singing goofy songs to the dogs and cats while sorting his Legos. :3:

One of the nurses in the clinic gifted everyone with a tub of awesome homemade cookies.

My daughter's calico kitten, BartholoMew, is finally well enough and comfortable enough to explore the house and sniff the other critters.

My cat Puck is starting to recover from his bout of pneumonia and his breathing sounds soooo much better. :nyan: My dear idiot kittyboy, he has asthma so I have to give him inhaler treatments in the morning at night, and this round of pneumonia scared the poo poo out of me, I thought this might kill him. But he's eating again, and getting better at last!

LadyoftheBeech, my dogs would have the tree down if I tried to put anything edible on it. Goofheads. I envy you! Those chocolate ornaments look awesome.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
My friend has been in the ICU on a respirator for the last week, he contracted a very rare immune system disorder that is destroying his body from the inside. He went from healthy to death's-door in 2 weeks.

But today he was off the respirator for 10 hours, the drugs seem to be working and if he can do another couple days off the respirator without his numbers dropping, he can move out of the ICU!

Also, for the first time in weeks he has been off the pain meds, so he was able to write notes to me and his family and other friends, it was great. He can't speak yet because of the tracheotomy, but he is improving daily. Go buddy go!!!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
Welp. That's a tough post to follow.

I got to get my picture taken with a monkey and feed a carrot to a baby elephant. That's all.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
This is more my week than my day, but whatever: Over the last two days, I've had two holiday parties with a bunch of friends I never get to see, and now Christmas is coming up. I really love the holidays because I get to see my family, which is all too rare for me. Then next week I get to hang out with one of my best friends, who couldn't make it to either party.

Winter break is loving awesome.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I feel excited for Christmas for the first time in years. And I don't mean in the sense that I'm getting awesome poo poo, I mean excited for Christmas for Christmas' own sake. :woop:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
There's only one more day of bullshit capitalistmas to go :woop:

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

December 24 2011
- IT'S MOTHERFUCKING CHRISTMAS BITCHES

MongolArcher
Jan 2, 2009
Coffee and eggs for breakfast - at 11 am! I almost never get to sleep in because I do so much, and the fiance turned off my alarm and when I woke up made me breakfast. :3:

Now we're off to buy his Christmas Legos!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
My grades were finally posted and I did better in all of my classes than I thought I did! Now I just have to wait for the school to mail my diploma, and then I'll be REALLY graduated.

Also I finally got my presents wrapped today!

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
My brother decided to give me my Christmas present early. It was Skyrim. Awesome.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I made cookies with my roommate's son. Omigosh it was great :3:

Tomorrow I'm giving him 20 vinyl Green Lantern wall stickers. He's gonna flip.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Mint Meltaways... *drools*

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Today I got a christmas card in the mail from my girlfriend. It doesn't sound like much but just knowing she would do that is awesome.

llbdtiberio
Mar 27, 2010
Spent all day giving out christmas food and presents to some of the poor here in Glasgow, was really amazing to see the look on their faces, that my friends is christmas joy. I couldn't make it home this christmas due to work so volunteered instead for this, am happy I did :).

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
It's Christmas Eve, my brothers are in town, and after I get away from the family, I'm drinking 100 dollar bourbon that my friends bought to share amongst us to celebrate my safe return from overseas. Better late than never. Also, I just now found out that there's new Perry Bible Fellowship!

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Lady of the Beech posted:

December 24 2011
- IT'S MOTHERFUCKING CHRISTMAS BITCHES
No it's not.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

If you're Polish, it may as well be. Polish people have their dinner and open their presents on the 24th, and presumably other Roman Catholic countries as well.

There's also a midnight mass, but I don't remember much about that because I'm not really a practicing Catholic.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

llbdtiberio posted:

Spent all day giving out christmas food and presents to some of the poor here in Glasgow, was really amazing to see the look on their faces, that my friends is christmas joy. I couldn't make it home this christmas due to work so volunteered instead for this, am happy I did :).

When getting off of i75 I saw a bunch of homeless under the bridge spending Christmas together. I pulled into the McDonalds and bought a ton of Hamburgers and brought it to them.

Cruxxed Up
Mar 30, 2011

Now you've done it.
Awesome Christmas card and a long rambling note from my best friend who is now living on the other side of the US -that made not having her around this year suddenly not so bad. There was free egg-nog (with rum!) at my favorite restaurant. The waiter was also pretty smashed and singing "Holly Jolly Christmas" like a funeral dirge.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
It's glorious:

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007
My day was awesome because it marks one week since I've been off the booze.

For reference, I've drank heavily every day for the past 12 years. I chose not to die so I stopped with medical supervision. Best decision I've ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.
My daughter has been asking for a Power Wheels for months. She went to bed about an hour ago and I just got to put her brand new pink Power Wheels Jeep by the tree. I can't wait to see her lose her poo poo in the morning.