Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Still one of my favorite parodies ever on the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaShH-FSnlI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

Why does every trip to a Stern Show Youtube clip end up being 30 minutes of listening to songs about KC?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Crotch Bat posted:

Haha this is one of my favorites as well.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
So who else has had Release Robin's Bra stuck in their head all week?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNK_bzLESWQ

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
The Nick and Artie show has devolved into total anarchy and I love it. The two have gotten progressively more passive aggressive towards each other since the show started and between the technical fuckups and the callers constantly digging on Nick it's just a pleasure to listen to.

Friday's show had them asking Iran Barkley questions about college football for 3 minutes until they realized that it was actually Iran and not Matt, at which point they just continued asking him questions as if he was Matt Barkley for another 5 minutes.

Also Nick made a comment about the higher ups saying that people weren't coming on the show because Artie's so controversial, specifically because of his Joe Buck appearance, and Artie was just incensed and kept going back to it all throughout the show. Also a drunk chick called in and asked Artie to meet her at a diner at 1am after the show and it was loving hysterical. If you haven't listened to the show or didn't like it, definitely give it another shot with Friday's show.

e: Disco fries :frogc00l:

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Dec 24, 2011

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

Holy Calamity! posted:

The Nick and Artie show has devolved into total anarchy and I love it. The two have gotten progressively more passive aggressive towards each other since the show started and between the technical fuckups and the callers constantly digging on Nick it's just a pleasure to listen to.

Friday's show had them asking Iran Barkley questions about college football for 3 minutes until they realized that it was actually Iran and not Matt, at which point they just continued asking him questions as if he was Matt Barkley for another 5 minutes.

Also Nick made a comment about the higher ups saying that people weren't coming on the show because Artie's so controversial, specifically because of his Joe Buck appearance, and Artie was just incensed and kept going back to it all throughout the show. Also a drunk chick called in and asked Artie to meet her at a diner at 1am after the show and it was loving hysterical. If you haven't listened to the show or didn't like it, definitely give it another shot with Friday's show.

e: Disco fries :frogc00l:

That Barkley interview was awkward to say the least. The whole time I was thinking that it had to be a bit, there's no way they would actually keep talking to this guy about like he's Matt. I'm still not sure what really happenned there.

Artie has been in a surly mood lately; Nick seems to be getting on his nerves a lot, which makes for some good arguments. Also, how about that Christmas card Artie gave Nick? That was actually a really nice note he wrote to him.
"Bleeding from my stomach"

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.
Yeah, Friday's Nick and Artie was insane. I honestly thought that Barkley thing was a bit the entire time and wondered why it never went anywhere. Wow, what a gently caress up. I love to hate Rick, he's so undeservedly righteous and smarmy. It's great that it's become a thing to troll him with calls. He really can't handle any criticism. Artie is amazing, I love the guy and I was so glad to hear him be surly about women and food.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
BTW guys, I just wanted to let you know i WILL work on cutting the sports stuff out of N&A and upload it somewhere. All shows up to this point are on my HD. Granted, I've only done the first week, but times have been hectic. Hope I can get these past months done before the middle of January.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Artie going over that Jessica chicks Twitter was so loving hilarious

I just love hearing another cynic

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.

Bonzo posted:

So who else has had Release Robin's Bra stuck in their head all week?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNK_bzLESWQ

Every year, buddy. In fact, I came here today just to post it again, but you beat me to it.

Merry Christmas, Goons.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Cliche Guevara posted:

BTW guys, I just wanted to let you know i WILL work on cutting the sports stuff out of N&A and upload it somewhere. All shows up to this point are on my HD. Granted, I've only done the first week, but times have been hectic. Hope I can get these past months done before the middle of January.

That would be awesome, thanks for doing that. The new player on their site is nice too, but it would be great to load them up for the car.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Cliche Guevara posted:

Nice! Thanks.

moleman posted:

Yeah, Friday's Nick and Artie was insane. I honestly thought that Barkley thing was a bit the entire time and wondered why it never went anywhere. Wow, what a gently caress up. I love to hate Rick, he's so undeservedly righteous and smarmy. It's great that it's become a thing to troll him with calls. He really can't handle any criticism. Artie is amazing, I love the guy and I was so glad to hear him be surly about women and food.

Nick DiPaolo deserves all the poo poo he gets.

And I hope Artie is still doing better. Or at least maintaining.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Nick is a pretty gross dude, if his whole "What is your problem black people and women, get over it" bit is a bit, it isn't funny and if he believes it, he is pretty stupid.

I agree with him a bit on how everyone is over sensitive and all that, but god drat, this dude sounds like a pissed off white caveman.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

AxeManiac posted:

Nick is a pretty gross dude, if his whole "What is your problem black people and women, get over it" bit is a bit, it isn't funny and if he believes it, he is pretty stupid.

I agree with him a bit on how everyone is over sensitive and all that, but god drat, this dude sounds like a pissed off white caveman.

If a highschool football game is cancelled because 16 players got hypothermia, you just know how the people cancelling the game voted, and it's why he votes the way he votes. They're not kids, they're men! These are the last days of Rome, people!

The guy is seriously one of the best club comics you'll ever see, but he's dumb as hell when it comes to politics. I don't mean because he's a conservative or anything, he's just dumb about it and can't seem to explain his point of view very well.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Take solace that, in living in NY, California, and Massachusetts, Nick's vote has never mattered. Most of the Mass conservatives I know are Irish guys around Nick's age who are still pissed off about bussing.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

porkfriedrice posted:

That Barkley interview was awkward to say the least. The whole time I was thinking that it had to be a bit, there's no way they would actually keep talking to this guy about like he's Matt. I'm still not sure what really happenned there.

Artie has been in a surly mood lately; Nick seems to be getting on his nerves a lot, which makes for some good arguments. Also, how about that Christmas card Artie gave Nick? That was actually a really nice note he wrote to him.
"Bleeding from my stomach"

Yeah, I was shopping while listening to that segment and missed part of the lead in where they were going over the questions they were going to ask "Barkley". At that point it seems like it just has to be a bit, but then they play it off like they genuinely didn't know it was Iran and that whoever booked the guest was loving with them :psyduck:.

I agree about Artie's mood, he just seems as depressed as he's ever been. It worries me, but makes for incredible radio. I agree with Shes Not Impressed, it's just great hearing another cynic.

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Dec 27, 2011

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DangerDummy! posted:

If a highschool football game is cancelled because 16 players got hypothermia, you just know how the people cancelling the game voted, and it's why he votes the way he votes. They're not kids, they're men! These are the last days of Rome, people!

The guy is seriously one of the best club comics you'll ever see, but he's dumb as hell when it comes to politics. I don't mean because he's a conservative or anything, he's just dumb about it and can't seem to explain his point of view very well.

This is pretty much how I feel about Nick. I bought "Born This Way" and thought it was great, but every time he says anything about politics, it's just stupid, mean, and unfunny. There's a clip from him on some Fox News show where he's on a roundtable discussion, and gets totally shut down by the host because he's being an rear end. I can't remember the host's name, though, so I can't find a clip of the video. I know he's (the host guy) gotten a "Baba Booey" phone call at least once, and handled it pretty well.

Edit: The guy's name was "Shepard Smith", and the video is no longer on Youtube. Nick was all "the media elected Obama something something terrorists" and being an idiot.

prefect fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Dec 27, 2011

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
"Hey black guy, gimme some coke"

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Holy Calamity! posted:

I agree about Artie's mood, he just seems as depressed as he's ever been. It worries me, but makes for incredible radio. I agree with Shes Not Impressed, it's just great hearing another cynic.

The best is when a news item comes up about some celebrity that Artie doesn't like and he just spews venom at them with no provocation.

On the Stern show he always had to reign himself in as he didn't want offend a potential friend of Howard's, but now he couldn't care less.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Vakal posted:

The best is when a news item comes up about some celebrity that Artie doesn't like and he just spews venom at them with no provocation.

On the Stern show he always had to reign himself in as he didn't want offend a potential friend of Howard's, but now he couldn't care less.

And it's glorious.

I also really liked that guy they interviewed about Cosell. They let him just run with it and I enjoyed the whole thing.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Vakal posted:

That would be every time Jon Bon Jovi was in the studio for an interview.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Szyznyk posted:

That would be every time Jon Bon Jovi was in the studio for an interview.

Artie totally chickened out when Dane Cook came into the studio, though. Artie had talked a little poo poo about him, but had his tail between his legs when confronted in person. Howard mentioned that Artie didn't like Dane, and it was over before it began. (Although that might have been because he feared some kind of comedy-business retribution, I suppose.)

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
From the Artie Roast.

"Nick Dipalo is here, thanks Nick. You know Nick was in my movie. He played a racist cop. To prepare for the role, Nick spent a week hanging out with himself"

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
What is the name of the headphones that Howard and Co. use? Something like - perfect fit?

Edit: found it - Ultimate Ears! They have some lower end ear buds I was thinking about getting.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Ears...CD1W4WHXEXTRA3B

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Dec 28, 2011

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Kelly posted:

What is the name of the headphones that Howard and Co. use? Something like - perfect fit?

Edit: found it - Ultimate Ears! They have some lower end ear buds I was thinking about getting.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Ears...CD1W4WHXEXTRA3B

I thought they hurt his ears and he went back to the old ones. Of course, there's a 99% chance that was hypochondria.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I wouldn't suggest getting them. I haven't used those particular ones that you linked, but I once bought a pair of UE in the coupons forum when they were on sale for $25 and one of the ears died within a month. Lots of goons ended up having the same story.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Szyznyk posted:

I thought they hurt his ears and he went back to the old ones. Of course, there's a 99% chance that was hypochondria.

Either hypochondria or they stopped being a sponsor.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Evil Agita posted:

I wouldn't suggest getting them. I haven't used those particular ones that you linked, but I once bought a pair of UE in the coupons forum when they were on sale for $25 and one of the ears died within a month. Lots of goons ended up having the same story.

They've got pretty good reviews...how long ago did this happen? It figures this would be too good to be true.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Kelly posted:

They've got pretty good reviews...how long ago did this happen? It figures this would be too good to be true.

About 8 months ago. They were totally awesome up until one ear stopped working. It was a great 5 weeks.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
Okay, so I have to air something really quick that is frustrating me. I downloaded all the eps of Nick+Artie on their official site using FlashGot (all the MP3's in one swoop). I'm editing the first few and I notice that by the end of hour 2 on the first few episodes, it cuts off quickly and then by hour 3 it's an intro for the last segment.

What the hell? Did they upload incomplete shows, or did I download them wrong? What's the deal? Can someone else confirm?

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
There have been a few cases where they were messed up or incomplete. I think way back at the beginning there was some sort of glitch where like the show itself when it was being broadcast live messed up, and so the "hour 3" or something was like 6 minutes long. But there have been other times where it's just not perfect and I recall that there was one show that was missing a certain hour forever, I eventually gave up on them adding it and just moved on.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
Thanks. Thought maybe I hosed up somehow and hit Cancel when I shouldn't have. I'll go through them all this week, see how many there are and just download the older ones via torrent - see if any fans managed to nab them live to tape.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Evil Agita posted:

About 8 months ago. They were totally awesome up until one ear stopped working. It was a great 5 weeks.

Ugh, figures. I wanted to get a decent set of noise-canceling headphones, thought they might be the ones.

What's everyone else using these days?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I've been using these since about March and they're pretty kickass. Ran me about $80 at the time: Klipsch IMAGE S4

I use them pretty much all day at work every day so they've got longevity.

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Dec 29, 2011

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I got a pair from these guys recently.

http://www.solrepublic.com/

I have been nothing but happy and seriously impressed with them.

Best quality for the price from my research.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

ETM: Blah blah blah
Artie: Eric...do me a favor...when you're done with that, go downstairs...open the microwave...and get inside.
ETM: ...my...er...house doesn't ha-a-ave a d-own-st-airs.

Goddamn do I miss Artie and ETM.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
Favorite exchange from ETM and Artie:

Howard: Eric, I heard tomorrow's your birthday. Happy birthday.
ETM: Err, my bir-rthday isn't tomo-rrrow. My bir-rthday is on March...11th.
Howard: Oh, okay. Sorry about that.
Artie: Your birthday is on March 11th?
ETM: ...Ye-essss.
Artie: Mmm. I'll bet your parents refer to that day as 3/11, huh?

It's so quick, it blindsides me and I lose my poo poo every time.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

POCKET CHOMP posted:

There have been a few cases where they were messed up or incomplete. I think way back at the beginning there was some sort of glitch where like the show itself when it was being broadcast live messed up, and so the "hour 3" or something was like 6 minutes long. But there have been other times where it's just not perfect and I recall that there was one show that was missing a certain hour forever, I eventually gave up on them adding it and just moved on.

The hours with the great Bobby Slayton interview where he curses up a storm and the Hank Williams interview weren't put up. I just assumed it was for some stupid legal reason or another, but the Williams interview is up in the clips section. There've been a couple other spots here and there early on, maybe like 5 total.

I'm sure he's fine, but does anyone else get nervous when Artie gets groggy on the show?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
It can't be healthy, putting foreign objects in your ear canals like that. Can it? I mean, what is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So was there a History of Howard Stern this year? Usually they have some sort of big special for this time of year don't they?