Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larva
Dec 26, 2007

Apology posted:

What...what is this....:stare:

Terrifyingly enough, that post was 100% understandable to those of us who have played D&D. Tabletop gaming: taking up valuable brainspace with useless knowledge since 1974.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Larva posted:

Terrifyingly enough, that post was 100% understandable to those of us who have played D&D. Tabletop gaming: taking up valuable brainspace with useless knowledge since 1974.
To be fair, this thread has made me remarkable grateful that my brainspace is being taken up by stuff like that rather than an encyclopaedic hierarchy of Final Fantasy and Inu Yasha husbands.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Larva posted:

Yeah I seriously tried to read that, but my mind glazed over and refused to process any information. I was going to mock but then...

Ghostlight posted:

To be fair, this thread has made me remarkable grateful that my brainspace is being taken up by stuff like that rather than an encyclopaedic hierarchy of Final Fantasy and Inu Yasha husbands.

...I remembered that you actually have a social circle of friends whom you evidently get along with if they're happy to play a game you host, and have firm boundries between your fantasy world and real life. So good job there.

la_fausse_tortue
Oct 25, 2011

Yes, it's a horsebutt.
Rhino, thank you for the Henriette stories. They are loving amazing.

Someone asked why I still talk to Parrier/Denise.

I think I'm waiting for the semi-plausible, futuristic time when Denise begins to recognize the holes in her delusions for what they really are (bullshit). I touch base every so often to see how she is. I have a life now, but if she's starting to take steps in the direction of reality, I'd do what I could to help. Granted, that 'what I can do' is based on motivation/free time.

"Talking to Denise" is fairly low on the priority list. For instance, I just blew off a chance to touch base with her face-to-face because one of my other friends is celebrating her birthday in strip club.

Denise gets abducted by strange demon.

Timeline: Before Denise becomes permanently Parrier. Gonna say Grade 11.

During lunchtime, Denise, Uglynoodles and I would converge on our usual meeting place, a quiet hallway off the beaten paths of the school. On this particular day, Uglynoodles wasn't there. Just Denise and I. And, of course, all those we couldn't see.

After a while of talking about the 'guys' and about how tired she was, and how she was so tired because she never actually slept (she saved the world/hosed Sephiroth in her sleep, dontchaknow?), she explained briefly about these new people that had come around.

And then I started telling her what was new with my life. Silly me. I actually thought she'd listen. Instead, a few minutes later I notice her giggling while putting the jack of her headphones in and out of the hole in her mp3 player. Somehow, I recognized this as "not Denise behavior."

"Hi." I said, eyeing this new entity in my friend's body. "Who's this?"

"I don't have a name."

"Where's Denise?"

"Sleeping." Of course she was. Clearly, my regaling tales of Real Life were too boring for her. Whatever.

"So, what's your story?"

Turns out, the Admiral had pwned him so hard in a fight that he'd forgotten his name. As well as a lot of other things, too. Except that he was a demon. A powerful demon. In the body of a high school girl who was planning on skipping her next class. The "Oh, that wasn't me. That was so-and-so in my body." excuse had crept up before.

This guy hung around for about a month, never acquiring a name. Then, like so many others, he just disappeared into the ether of Denise's bullshit.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

la_fausse_tortue posted:

"Talking to Denise" is fairly low on the priority list. For instance, I just blew off a chance to touch base with her face-to-face because one of my other friends is celebrating her birthday in strip club.

I think your priorities are perfectly well sorted.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I still can't quite wrap my mind around how you put up with this for as long as you did. Even when I was an unpopular nerd I preferred my own company to total assholes'.

Why didn't you ever just get up and silently walk away?

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords

la_fausse_tortue posted:

Gonna say Grade 11.

That's, I find, the scarier part. If you can't tell fantasy from reality at that point (and beyond), it's usually because of mental illness like schizophrenia, and that shouldn't be left untreated.

Even that pathetic friend whose D&D story is still left in a quote was in then out of my social circle within the span grade 9 (grade 8 for him).

Jorghnassen fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Dec 25, 2011

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Haraksha posted:

I still can't quite wrap my mind around how you put up with this for as long as you did. Even when I was an unpopular nerd I preferred my own company to total assholes'.

Why didn't you ever just get up and silently walk away?

Because most people are not actually able to live totally self-contained without human warmth or empathy. Her family were assholes apparently, so friends were all she had.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Corridor posted:

Because most people are not actually able to live totally self-contained without human warmth or empathy. Her family were assholes apparently, so friends were all she had.

But she wasn't getting warmth or empathy. Denise is either an awful human, mentally ill, or both.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Animals are like humans, always being dicks.

Haraksha posted:

But she wasn't getting warmth or empathy. Denise is either an awful human, mentally ill, or both.

As far as I can tell, she wasn't looking for those things: just attention.

Thanks for all the brilliant stories, people! This thread is unendingly entertaining.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Ragle Gumm posted:

As far as I can tell, she wasn't looking for those things: just attention.

Thanks for all the brilliant stories, people! This thread is unendingly entertaining.

You misunderstand me. Denise just wanted attention, yes, but the other two were supposedly looking for a friend. Denise liked the attention, but gave nothing back. How they tolerated this for years is beyond me.

Snapdragon750
Mar 7, 2007

PLEASE DISREGARD MY FAGGOT TREE

Haraksha posted:

You misunderstand me. Denise just wanted attention, yes, but the other two were supposedly looking for a friend. Denise liked the attention, but gave nothing back. How they tolerated this for years is beyond me.

Have you ever had a falling-out with a friend? Especially when you're still in school and have to see each other every day? It sucks, even if they're a total jerk, especially if it's one person in a group. When I finally told Summer off, I lost an entire group of friends and basically had to start over.

Sir Prancelot
Mar 7, 2008

:h:Knight of the
Rainbow Table.:h:

Snapdragon750 posted:

Have you ever had a falling-out with a friend? Especially when you're still in school and have to see each other every day? It sucks, even if they're a total jerk, especially if it's one person in a group. When I finally told Summer off, I lost an entire group of friends and basically had to start over.
Don't you know you should just sever and live as the lone wolf of River Vale Middle School? Gawd it's not complicated or anything, and it's not as if human bdibgs generally find it difficult to sever social ties.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Not to derail, but did anyone else notice the J-F Bibeau thread got gassed? Wonder why, it was pretty consistently rated gold (meaning it logically should have gone to the goldmine instead) and almost definitely hadn't run its course yet even if it was starting to get a little internet-detective-y.

Apology
Nov 12, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

The Ghoul posted:

Did you have to quote his entire story just to say this?

Yes I did because I didn't want him to change his mind and erase it, I wanted to memorialize it for Christmas Future! Drink your eggnog and shut up, mister :colbert:

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Sir Prancelot posted:

Don't you know you should just sever and live as the lone wolf of River Vale Middle School? Gawd it's not complicated or anything, and it's not as if human bdibgs generally find it difficult to sever social ties.

I guess it's like an abusive relationship. You know you should get out, but you can't.

But really, you don't think it's reasonable at all to try and get out after years of fantasy land bullshit?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

WickedIcon posted:

Not to derail, but did anyone else notice the J-F Bibeau thread got gassed? Wonder why, it was pretty consistently rated gold (meaning it logically should have gone to the goldmine instead) and almost definitely hadn't run its course yet even if it was starting to get a little internet-detective-y.

Yeah, I was ardently following that and I just noticed this morning that it was gassed. What happened?

Snapdragon750
Mar 7, 2007

PLEASE DISREGARD MY FAGGOT TREE

Haraksha posted:

I guess it's like an abusive relationship. You know you should get out, but you can't.

But really, you don't think it's reasonable at all to try and get out after years of fantasy land bullshit?

No, it's more like, "Man I really wish I could cut this person out of my life instantly but there is no way to do that without hurting her feelings, so it's probably more trouble than it's worth."

Frozen Horse
Aug 6, 2007
Just a humble wandering street philosopher.

RazorBunny posted:

I guess two really greasy people can gently caress and not notice each other's grease, right? :(

Otaku-grease: the saddest lubricant.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Snapdragon750 posted:

No, it's more like, "Man I really wish I could cut this person out of my life instantly but there is no way to do that without hurting her feelings, so it's probably more trouble than it's worth."

Yeah, I guess, but when someone obviously doesn't care about your feelings it gets easier.

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls

WickedIcon posted:

I reported Fantasmo for his aggressive derailing and general faggotry, and the mod gassed the thread. I asked where it would be appropriate to start a new thread (because, honestly, we weren't really talking about his book) and never got a reply. Sorry... :saddowns:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Ask me about studying law with a girl who thinks she's married to Sai Baba

Previously:
The Girl in the Sari
A Note on Henriette
Phantom in Honolulu
The Girl who Thinks She's Married to Sai Baba & Part 2
The Thespian Society
Amnesia: The Friendship Descent
The Stage Play

Interlude 1: Raja Discovers Blogging
Interlude 2: Le Fursécution!

The Bollywood Film 1: A True Story
The Bollywood Film 2: I am Batman
The Bollywood Film 3: Andrew, You're Not the Father
The Bollywood Film 4: Fever
The Bollywood Film 5: What If?
The Bollywood Film 6: The Importance of Data Security
The Bollywood Film 7: A Cleansing
The Bollywood Film 8: Premiere
The Bollywood Film 9: Je Veux Ton Revenge
The Bollywood Film Interlude: Technical Notes on I Will Survive!
The Bollywood Film 10: As a dragon I
The Bollywood Film 11: She Felt the Abyss of Disenchantment
The Bollywood Film 12: Redemption Island

Finale

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: I am really good at google. Can I do some internet detective poo poo on your stories?

A: NO.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the last week of college. Within a couple of months, most of us would be on a flight to the UK to further our education and have our lives changed. People were sharing plans, exchanging contacts and making little vows to keep in touch. Some were making mementos of their time in the college. One of these persons was Gin.

Gin had just gotten a digital camera, and was running around visiting coursemates to record short videos. We were allowed to do anything and said anything we wanted. Some gave him messages of encouragement, some talking about their experiences in college, a group of girls sang to the camera, a guy mooned it - you know the drill.

We were in the cafe featured in I Will Survive!. Gin was going to do Henriette's video, and I tagged along because he just did mine and I did not have much else to do.

Henriette turned up, late like a diva, and Gin hit record.

:byodame: So, what do I do?

:v: Gin told me to do anything I wanted when he did mine.

:) Yep, just do anything. Dance or sing, anything.

:byodame: Well, I just want to say, I had a really good time in my two years here in the college. It was a great stepping stone for me artistically, and I am so ready to enter the acting world! I might even direct, it was such a good thing I did I Will Survive!.

:) So, tell us about I Will Survive!.

:byodame: It's a show about the triumph of woman against the abuses thrown against her by men! You can buy a DVD at MYR 15.00 and it's full of special features.

The DVD... like I said, I bought it as one of those terrible movies to show off at drunk parties (and stupidly lost it later). The special features are the following:
  • All the musical performances including the two separate ones of The Phantom of the Opera;
  • Bloopers, where the film apparently was even worse than that appearing onscreen. Most of them were just people laughing when they flub their lines and not terribly exciting;
  • An almost half hour-long "Special Thanks" video of Henriette speaking to the camera about how Sadna told her the story and left her in tears, with a long message of gratitude to her grandmother; and
  • A short 5 minute special on Sai Baba's teachings with contact info for temples and praying centres.
Those of us who watched the DVD were just thankful there was no director's commentary mode because nobody wanted to watch the film more than once. Except me, because I was apparently that crazy/drunk. I showed that to some housemates in UK and we were forced to skip ahead most of the stage performances because it was so bad.

:byodame: ...and I have decided to expand beyond Malaysia!

:) Expand? Like where?

:byodame: I have delivered copies of I Will Survive! to movie executives in Hollywood and Hong Kong, and am awaiting them to pick up the distribution of the film. Maybe it will show in some independent film festivals!

:) Of course. I mean, wow, congrats! Definitely looking forward to that!

The two years in the college had been pretty good for me. It was my first long-term independence. I made a ton of friends, set down my networking groundwork, learnt to appreciate the realistic aspects of the legal career, fell out of love, fell in love, got drunk, learnt to get people drunk instead. Even better, I learnt how to deal with... interesting people in a stressful environment and coping with borderline extreme conditions.

:) Anything you want to say? Future plans in the UK, maybe?

:byodame: Oh yes! But not just in the UK. I meant to do it earlier and I would have skipped the finals, but I'm going to do it after our results are out! I may delay my plans to UK just for this, because it is so important to me.

:) And what was this?

:byodame: I am going to India! My first time too! But, oh, it is destiny that I should go there!

:) Very exotic! For a holiday?

:byodame: Oh no!

:byodame: I'm going to India to marry Sai Baba!

:shepface: OH I AM RUNNING OUT OF SPACE

:shepface: I WILL SEE YOU IN CLASS TOMORROW GOODBYE

:v: There's no class anym

:shepface: SHUT UP WE ARE GOING NOW

:shepface: GOOD BYE HENRIETTE

:shepface: BYE

Finale: Ask me about having studied law with a girl who thinks she's marrying Sai Baba

THE END

And that's all folks! Most of the law faculty (including myself) never came into contact with Henriette after our academic career in Malaysia, and any information we had of her were gleaned from online social sites and so on. I originally just planned for a couple of entries but this went way longer and crazier than I thought, and I found out I could actually draw {really terribly} with a finger on an increasingly smudged iPad.

Did Henriette marry Sai Baba? We don't know, except he would always be in her heart.

Thank you all for your positive comments and not doing internet detective poo poo on the stories, thanks for all the ridiculous and crazy stories on your (probably no longer) friends, and last but not the least, thanks to uglynoodles and la_fausse_tortue for sharing with us the Denise stories and inspiring me to dig up my Henriette stories.

As Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba says, "The tree can teach you forbearance and tolerance. It offers shade to all, irrespective of age, sex or religion, nationality or status. It helps with fruit and shade even to the foe who lays his axe on its trunk! The dog can teach you a lesson in Faith, Self-less service and the process of Dedication."

May we meet more crazy people in the future!

The Saddest Rhino fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 26, 2011

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Thank you all for your positive comments and not doing internet detective poo poo on the stories, thanks for all the ridiculous and crazy stories on your (probably no longer) friends, and last but not the least, thanks to uglynoodles and la_fausse_tortue for sharing with us the Denise stories and inspiring me to dig up my Henriette stories.

Thank you so much for sharing all of this. I've been lurking the thread since the beginning, and while the Denise madness drew me in, the Henriette saga entertained me to no end and was one of the best things I've read on SA.

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer

Jorghnassen posted:

Aquatic elf giant skunk encounter

I, too, spent many nights deprived of sleep for high school classes so I could roll four-sided dice against invisible skeletons and such. I've also been playing EverQuest on and off again for the last decade. The most recent time was because some friends I played with since 2002 found me on Facebook and convinced me to go back for awhile just to goof off and troll people, and it's absolutely astounding how much I memorized about a completely fictional world. In fact, the game is so huge at this point we're running around to older parts of the game and have to stop and think "Now HOW do we get there again? The last time we killed the Giant Radioactive Mudskipper on Awesome Gumdrop Mountain was in 2005..."

In my defense, I was a high schooler who was in plenty of clubs, made good grades, had tons of friends and still had tons of free time. And now that I'm out of college I go to work, come home and have hardly any money for any activities aside from $15/month for all the polygonal baddies I can kill. I still kinda wish I had the brainspace (and actual motivation) to properly learn college algebra and organic chemistry rather than sliding through with Cs like I did though.

Guesticles
Dec 21, 2009

I AM CURRENTLY JACKING OFF TO PICTURES OF MUTILATED FEMALE CORPSES, IT'S ALL VERY DEEP AND SOPHISTICATED BUT IT'S JUST TOO FUCKING HIGHBROW FOR YOU NON-MISOGYNISTS TO UNDERSTAND

:siren:P.S. STILL COMPLETELY DEVOID OF MERIT:siren:

:byodame: Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Rhino, you need some sort of drat medal. The final chapter is a great christmas present, even it the fact it is the finale makes it very bittersweet.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Tulip posted:

Name them Hari, tell them they are named for Vishnu. When they're older, tell them they're named for Hari Seldon. When they're older yet, tell them it's actually for Hari Michaelson.

I know that this is like 40 pages back in the thread, but high-five to you for knowing who Hari Michaelson is. As for the thread itself, well, it's tremendously disturbing, and I applaud the OP and so many of the goons who posted stories of their own for their ability to stomach other people's insanity. I'm just thankful that I've never had to deal with anyone that crazy.

I'm still a little less than halfway through the thread, but hey, now I have reading material for the next few days. ...It's just ridiculous. What a terrible person, in terms of both being and functioning as a human being. Of course, since she's a Fire Dragon/demon/princess/faerie/goddess/succubus/whatever, it makes perfect sense.

Sudden Guts Pill
Aug 7, 2009
:allears: Saddest Rhino, you truly are the Best Rhino. I'm sorry to see the end of the Henriette saga, but I'm definitely glad to have read it. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

:shepface: OH I AM RUNNING OUT OF SPACE

:shepface: I WILL SEE YOU IN CLASS TOMORROW GOODBYE

:v: There's no class anym

:shepface: SHUT UP WE ARE GOING NOW

What an appropriate way to end such an amazing saga. Thanks for telling it to us!

TheBumbler
Dec 15, 2011
All of these stories are absolutely priceless, and well written/presented to boot. It was worth paying :10bux: just to say thank you.

So after reading this thread, I was pondering telling some short stories of my own. The problem is that mine do not generally deal with the level of crazy on par with Denise or Summer or Henriette, and I do not want to bore others with stories of only semi-crazy friends whom which I have had the pleasure to meet.

I might post them later if I have time. One friend's story is pretty much a one-off, while the other is ongoing.

TheBumbler fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Dec 26, 2011

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

That was beautiful, Saddest Rhino. I hope you find your I WILL SURVIVE!!1 dvd someday. If you ever visit Australia, there is a beer here with your name on it.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
The big D&D story brought back so many memories...

I was 19, your typical dumb college freshman from the sticks. I had played D&D at my sister's house a couple of years earlier & had a blast, so when I found a gaming club at school it was a natural fit. The club was a reasonably positive experience; I made some lifelong friends and generally enjoyed myself. So when someone suggested meeting up at Cat, Pete & Liz' place for a game, it sounded OK.

Pete was your classic nerd/neckbeard, with bad skin, an unearned air of superiority, and a severe allergy to anything that looked like work. He'd been an OK student until D&D took over his life. He eventually dropped out to play constantly.

Cat had been in an accident as a child, and as a result she suffered from brain damage. She was a gentle person, and had she found the right people she might have been more or less OK. Cat sincerely believed she was a cat trapped in a human body. So while sitting around she would lick herself, meow, purr or hiss. They all lived off of her Section 8, food stamps and disability.

Liz believed that everyone that ever met her fell instantly in love with her. Not due to outer beauty, mind you, but because her real form--which alternated between a woman who commanded cats and Tiamut the dragon--was irresistible to all. When talking she changed voices as she shifted between forms.

Liz was fired from her job at Wendy's, which apparently caused her to suffer from PTSD. She told everyone that her dead father's spirit caused her to show up in dirty uniforms, to drop food on the floor, to not be able to give change, and so on. Why he would do that was never explained. It meant that she burst into tears when asked if she was looking for a job or going to school.

There were many others, but the one I recall best, Dave, had gotten Liz pregnant while they were both in dragon form. Unfortunately when she shifted back to human form she stayed pregnant. After a fight with Pete she had an abortion, telling him afterwards that she killed his baby because it was evil. Or a black dragon, or because she had seen his true form and he had to be stopped. In any event she never told Pete the baby wasn't his.

The apartment was dirty, but not too far gone. Cat would clean while Liz sat around, writing in a notebook, because her cat mistress wanted her story told. When she was writing she had to read out loud, so that we could hear the true story as it unfolded. If anyone talked, or did anything that might pull attention away from Liz, she'd signal Cat to hiss and growl until we returned our rapturous gaze upon her.

There's more, including the night both Liz and Cat were in their true forms while in heat.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Haraksha posted:

We learn most of our rules about social interaction, but our primitive monkey brain still has some instinctive distaste for ostracising people, which was basically a death sentence for most of our ancestors. You learn that bailing on people for being assholes isn't incredibly awful, but you don't start out knowing that.

Plus, for a lot of people who are peripheral to the main social life of their peers, you wind up with a lot of very non optimal relationships, since the idea of better friendships seems pretty alien.

surf rock posted:

I know that this is like 40 pages back in the thread, but high-five to you for knowing who Hari Michaelson is.

They really are good books. Some of my favorite non-Russian fiction.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Khazar-khum posted:

There's more, including the night both Liz and Cat were in their true forms while in heat.

What the poo poo.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

bringmyfishback posted:

What the poo poo.
I want to ask, but I really don't think I want to know.

Apple Cider
Jan 30, 2009

That was messed up and feminist.
I just cleaved through this thread over a couple days off work. Jesus christmas.

But it made me realize I've had brushes with these sorts of people most of my life, thankfully I've only ever gotten super-close to one of them. The first time I met someone who was into anime and really gross/crazy was this girl in high school (it was so long ago I can't even remember her name) but she just pretty much would try to talk to me whenever we were both alone during free periods in the computer lab.

I had already started getting into anime at this point, so I recognized that she was...really really into Gundam Wing. She either ran a fansite or whatever because she spent so much time printing off pictures of Heero and some other guy from that show. And she smelled very bad and had a weird sort of wet dog look to her all the time.

Later on in college I met Elise* (name changed) and that's kinda my big smelly anime virgin weirdo stories really come from. Only thing is that despite being obsessed and unwashed and generally a hyperdramatic emotionally manipulative friend, she wasn't really...crazy in the same way Summer or Denise were.

I have to kinda sit down and remember everything from the weird "reinvention" of herself every five minutes online, to the really bizarre Star Wars smut fanfic (despite never having kissed a boy).

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Khazar-khum posted:

Cat had been in an accident as a child, and as a result she suffered from brain damage. She was a gentle person, and had she found the right people she might have been more or less OK. Cat sincerely believed she was a cat trapped in a human body. So while sitting around she would lick herself, meow, purr or hiss. They all lived off of her Section 8, food stamps and disability.

----

Cat would clean while Liz sat around, writing in a notebook, because her cat mistress wanted her story told. When she was writing she had to read out loud, so that we could hear the true story as it unfolded. If anyone talked, or did anything that might pull attention away from Liz, she'd signal Cat to hiss and growl until we returned our rapturous gaze upon her.

This is just some supervillain levels of manipulation right there.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

The Ghoul posted:

I reported Fantasmo for his aggressive derailing and general faggotry, and the mod gassed the thread. I asked where it would be appropriate to start a new thread (because, honestly, we weren't really talking about his book) and never got a reply. Sorry... :saddowns:

Maybe you could PM one of the GBS mods and see about resurrecting it there? Asking permission might be easier than asking for guidance. I'd do it, but making an OP that captures the growing horror of that thread is a bit daunting.

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords
For those interested in my RPG story I reposted it here. I may post other such stories later on in that TG thread. There's sort of a preview in a couple of new intro paragraphs.

Otherwise, I'm afraid my friends were never as pathetic as Denise, Henriette and the rest. To uglynoodles, la_fausse_tortue, The Saddest Rhino, and all the others, thank you so much for sharing your stories. I literally laughed out loud sometimes (particularly the epic I Will Survive! stuff), though I came out genuinely disturbed more often. I will keep on reading this thread and occasionally commenting, but I have no such stories to share myself.

SuperBot
Jan 26, 2009

You just started some
SICK FIRES, BRO
Great thread, OP. I haven't caught up yet, but it is like a giant internet-onion, in that it is making me want to cry. I don't know anyone like this -- aside from one dragon otherkin I met in high school, who was pretty sane -- but reading about your experiences has me seriously reconsidering exposing any children I might have to anime/manga. If they want to obsess over football or Korean pop-music, well fine, but please not the loli-sephiro-futashota-con. Anything but that. Anything but the lolis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Khazar-khum posted:

There were many others, but the one I recall best, Dave, had gotten Liz pregnant while they were both in dragon form. Unfortunately when she shifted back to human form she stayed pregnant. After a fight with Pete she had an abortion, telling him afterwards that she killed his baby because it was evil. Or a black dragon, or because she had seen his true form and he had to be stopped. In any event she never told Pete the baby wasn't his.

Wait, was this a real pregnancy, or an "astral pregnancy"? You really need to be specific in this thread.

• Locked thread