Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Lobok posted:

This is why I could never get into Spider-Girl. After reading Spider-Man for so long seeing the classic costume (mostly) on a teenage girl felt a little too much like taboo fetish fan-fiction.
That costume is from 1995 though :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
C'mon guys it's not a metal leg, it's an incompletely materializing armor which signifies the current extent of her corruption by the demonic forces of Limbo. Let's be serious.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Lobok posted:

This is why I could never get into Spider-Girl. After reading Spider-Man for so long seeing the classic costume (mostly) on a teenage girl felt a little too much like taboo fetish fan-fiction.

So you're more disturbed by the costume on a teenage girl than whatever the gently caress is wrong with her back and thigh?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Or is it Sputnik posted:

That costume is from 1995 though :ssh:

I said "mostly". It's close enough to the classic red and blues.

fritz posted:

So you're more disturbed by the costume on a teenage girl than whatever the gently caress is wrong with her back and thigh?

I wasn't commenting on that cover specifically.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Lobok posted:

I said "mostly". It's close enough to the classic red and blues.
Well in the sense that it's red and blue and has a spider on the chest, sure.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think Tony Daniel is the perfect artist for the new Batman stuff.

Greg Capullo used to make every character way too vascular, but I dig him.

These guys aren't the most amazing, but they never disappoint.

CRACK FIRE BEATS
Sep 11, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

Had this poster as a kid, still love it. Only thing is I could never figure out what happened to Havok's legs?

CRACK FIRE BEATS fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Dec 13, 2011

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Worst arms and a RealDoll. Pat Chau or something.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

jimcunningham posted:

Was this supposed to be Marvel's response to Goosebumps or something? Because that's one tagline away from being something RL Stein shat out in the 90's.

Also that art. I'm just trying to find what's terribly wrong with it and I've narrowed it down to everything.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib

jimcunningham posted:

That looks like really terrible fan-art.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

jimcunningham posted:

If the poster is as "chilling" as the cover, they can keep it.

Who (or what) is that on the back of motorcyle?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

OldMemes posted:

If the poster is as "chilling" as the cover, they can keep it.

Who (or what) is that on the back of motorcyle?

Wolverine's Jubilee RealDoll

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Was this supposed to be Marvel's response to Goosebumps or something? Because that's one tagline away from being something RL Stein shat out in the 90's.

Chillers was a 70s black and white horror mag Marvel put out, iirc. Marvel's non-superhero mags were all pretty amazing, it's a shame all of it died. And it's an even bigger shame some of it got relaunched as... that.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

jimcunningham posted:

I'm trying to figure out what is happening with her shirt. Are those lumps up top supposed to be her breasts? Or an extremely pronounced collarbone? As an artist, should you worry if people ask questions like this about your work? ...you should, right...?

Also, I like the way Wolverine's shirt is bunched up in the middle like he's leaning on that headlight, only the handlebars are also in front of him, so that can't be happening, so clearly this was meant to depict a hideous distortion of reality.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

Wendell posted:

The second from a story called "Jenifer"

If I could trade hands with anyone, it would be him. I want to draw like this (but I don't draw anything like this).

Humanoid Female
Mar 13, 2008

jimcunningham posted:

In addition to everything else, he doesn't have any legs at all. :psyduck:

Or he's wearing a skirt and hovering in the air in a kneeling position.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

Humanoid Female posted:

In addition to everything else, he doesn't have any legs at all. :psyduck:

Or he's wearing a skirt and hovering in the air in a kneeling position.

Behing his giant motorcycle. Did Marvel actually pay someone to do this? They actually looked at it and said "Yep. This is worth printing." and handed over money for it?

Oh, the 90s....

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Lobok posted:

I wasn't commenting on that cover specifically.

And yet you quoted my post and lead off with "This is why..."

But! new tumblr! http://gently caress-no-greg-land.tumblr.com/

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Another one from Escher Girls :

How is Blue Supergirl's skeleton put together? (it isn't) (and also Black Supergirl's right leg length compared to left leg length)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

fritz posted:

And yet you quoted my post and lead off with "This is why..."

I wasn't totally clear, no. Sheesh. Her costume in general weirds me out and I was using an image of it that was already posted to comment on it.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

jimcunningham posted:

drawing hands is really tough you guys!!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib

SexyBlindfold posted:

drawing hands is really tough you guys!!

I think that artist thinks drawing in general is hard.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Madkal posted:

no no
see
that's his style

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

jimcunningham posted:

I just stared at that for like 5 minutes trying to find something good to say about it. The only good thing is the face in the handlebar and that is unintentional.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Madkal posted:

I just noticed Jubilee's (?) feet.

Are they big black balls with metal duck bills attached? :psyduck:

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

fritz posted:

Another one from Escher Girls :

How is Blue Supergirl's skeleton put together? (it isn't) (and also Black Supergirl's right leg length compared to left leg length)

Is that from that storyarc in Supergirl where she got split into good and evil? That comic was pretty awful, if I recall....

Supergirl's reboot costume is a lot better (plus this is the first time a comic has convinced me to care about Supergirl as a character at all)

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011
No one draws fairy poo poo like Ted Naifeh.

He's no slouch at backgrounds either.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib

Wildeyes posted:

No one draws fairy poo poo like Ted Naifeh.

He's no slouch at backgrounds either.

My gripe is that they all have the same faces. Otherwise I think the layouts and the backgrounds look pretty cool.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

OldMemes posted:

Is that from that storyarc in Supergirl where she got split into good and evil?

No clue, I don't read superhero comics.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

fritz posted:

No clue, I don't read superhero comics.

I just checked and it was - that comic is bad - the art is mainly awkard cheesecake with bad anatomy, and an ultra-clichéd "Supergirl is spilt into good and evil copies" nonsense.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

OldMemes posted:

I just checked and it was - that comic is bad - the art is mainly awkard cheesecake with bad anatomy, and an ultra-clichéd "Supergirl is spilt into good and evil copies" nonsense.
If she's the evil copy, why doesn't she have a goatee?

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

StumblyWumbly posted:

If she's the evil copy, why doesn't she have a goatee?

To MS Paint!

Fixed. :colbert:

(With apologies to Ian Churchill)

OldMemes fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 14, 2011

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Don't feel bad for Ian Churchill, he wanted the two Supergirls to make out.

Anyways, I was finalizing some order numbers for February and I saw this

In my dreams Mike Allred would draw ever Legion and Trek comic until the end of time.

Sarah Barracuda
Jun 24, 2007

I don't know as this qualifies as "worst comic art" but I've gotten to the point where I really cannot stand "Noto-face":

The thing is that these aren't really good examples, just what I've come across after 10 minutes on Phil Noto's blog.

And it's probably unfair because has a beautiful style and the stuff he regularly posts on his blog is actually quite nice. But all the fangirls obsessively fawning over his drawings of Sue Storm/X-23/Jean Grey/what-have-you looking like the exact same loving person...I can't tell if he's getting lazy or he's pressured under deadline or what.

He seems like a very nice man who cares about his fans and is obviously much more talented than drawing the same woman over and over with different hair/costumes:

It's beautiful stuff, but by and large he just draws the same woman over and over again and I wish he'd switch it up a bit in his comic art.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

They are the same. Though at least there's some variance in body types, however slight. That's a problem some otherwise good artists have (looking at you, Adam Hughes and Frank Cho). It seems like there is only one type of female body in comics, and those habits don't help fix that. :sigh:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Sarah Barracuda posted:

It's beautiful stuff, but by and large he just draws the same woman over and over again and I wish he'd switch it up a bit in his comic art.

This one looks like Carrie Fisher. Perhaps he's in love with Carrie Fisher?

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
edit: i misunderstood the joke

Darth Nat fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Dec 16, 2011

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Look at these retarded midgets

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

jimcunningham posted:

Look at these retarded midgets

They look like Mort Drucker caricatures. If Mort was working against a pretty harsh deadline. Blind drunk.

e: Heck, may as well provide an example. We haven't really seen any caricatures in this thread, and I guess Mad Magazine counts as a comicbook!

Shanty fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Dec 27, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Sarah Barracuda posted:

First thing that came to mind was Carrie Fisher.

e: Phil Noto can only draw one expression, but it's a good expression. Why fix what isn't broken.

Ka0 fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Dec 29, 2011