Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Dream Jane lookin' at clouns.

Really looking forward to seeing what some of those mean. The drones especially. (And what was that R. was using? Some sort of lunchbox with a mutant kitten motif, or Mutini encased in a big cartoon block of ice, or what?)

I'm guessing the latter - Alpha-Mom sending Mutini encased in ice would explain how Mutini ended up in the Beta session in the first place. Probably needed to break the window in the first place too for some reaon or another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

tinaun posted:

Totally snagging this one later.

I'll let someone smarter and more creative than me think up text. Maybe a dumb dovahkiin joke I dunno

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Ferroque posted:

A Good Flash. All the art was very coherent and worked really well together, which wasn't really the case with the Big Flash.

Yeah, it's also a really slick way of showing poo poo happening during what is hopefully a badly-needed skip forward.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Samovar posted:

I'm guessing the latter - Alpha-Mom sending Mutini encased in ice would explain how Mutini ended up in the Beta session in the first place. Probably needed to break the window in the first place too for some reaon or another.

kidMom destroying the window harkens back to Rose destroying the gates.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

That was a really slick flash and now I'm excited about Homestuck again.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Totally snagging this one later.

I'll let someone smarter and more creative than me think up text. Maybe a dumb dovahkiin joke I dunno

"SKYYYYRIIIIIIM"

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Dream Jane lookin' at clouns.

Really looking forward to seeing what some of those mean. The drones especially. (And what was that R. was using? Some sort of lunchbox with a mutant kitten motif, or Mutini encased in a big cartoon block of ice, or what?)

To me, it looked like a Cruxite Artifact. The thing you have to use/break to get into the Medium.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

I'm gonna speculate that the last Prospit tower we're looking at is UU's, since it's implying a huge bird eye's view of everything.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Chunky12345 posted:

"SKYYYYRIIIIIIM"

I used to like Homestuck. Then I took a bucket to the face.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

thanks alot assbag posted:

*gets a tattoo of bucket hitting face*

Kit Walker posted:

To me, it looked like a Cruxite Artifact. The thing you have to use/break to get into the Medium.

Those have all been monochromatic so far, so I doubt it.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Chunky12345 posted:

"SKYYYYRIIIIIIM"

thanks alot assbag posted:

Eh.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Welcome to the Homestuck avatar army, NLTM!

Great flash. Infinity Mechanism was one of my favorite songs from Volume 8 and I'm happy to see it getting some use!

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
So that animation was pretty drat sweet, I must say. Nice to see the whole Prospit dream clouds visions coming into the story again, as well as the eternal stalemate. This flash really brought across the visuals of Skaia and Prospit better than any previous I feel

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really, really shouldn't care... but you misspelled tongue in your avatar and it kind of bothers me.
:goonsay:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Kit Walker posted:

It looked like she was throwing Mutie through a 4th Wall to me.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Tollymain posted:

I really, really shouldn't care... but you misspelled tongue in your avatar and it kind of bothers me.
:goonsay:

If you never bought it up I wouldn't have noticed it either.

:mad:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

If you never bought it up I wouldn't have noticed it either.

:mad:

If you never bought it up you wouldn't be having the issue! :v:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
English sucks.

Edit: It apparently annoyed me enough to spend even more money on it.

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Dec 30, 2011

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hahaha oh dear this is too funny.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

No text doesn't have those issues. :c00lbert:

Silva
Aug 26, 2003

Time is the fire in which we burn
Wow, I didn't even realize how awesome of a song Infinity Mechanism is. Also, bandcamp is down for some reason :( (edit: not anymore)

Silva fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Dec 30, 2011

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

English sucks.

Edit: It apparently annoyed me enough to spend even more money on it.

Just because he eats universes doesn't mean you can blame him for your lovely spelling! :argh:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
So I was just thinking back and I realised something, then rewatched the flash to double check.

Is it just me, or does the prospit we just saw in Jane's dream here have no prototyping towers? We saw that the B1 session's Prospit had the towers even before the kids entered the medium (unless I'm getting the timing of this page wrong). More hints to an 8 player session maybe?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
In other, non-avatar related woes:

Not that happy with it to be honest, this one was hard for some reason. I tried to model it after the classic "lava" level in a game, but this is what I ended up with, oh well. I'm not that experienced with basses yet, which is the problem. Definitely my worst so far. I tried to incorporate some sort of electronic noise to signify "brain", but it didn't really work out, so I scrapped it.

Oh well.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

What a great flash. Infinity Mechanism is a fantastic song as always, but it worked really well here, and now I have even more reason to like it. I also really liked the cloud visions - reminds me of when I was reading Homestuck for the first time and getting to the parts where Jade was seeing things in the clouds and when we first discovered Prospit. Great nostalgia.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
So the wall Mom threw Mutie through had 5 panes. Is that significant somehow? Does that mean this'll be a 5-player session? Am I looking too hard for things? :(

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So here's a weird idea:

What if the B2 kids don't prototype at all?

Assuming Jane actually 'died' in that mailbox explosion and didn't just, like, faint, or something, then she's stuck in the session and can't get back to Earth to do it properly.

We also see a cloud vision that shows the black and white chess pieces fighting at a stalemate, as they do pre-prototyping, without it expanding or anything, which seems significant.

What if the other three kids also get into the session through alternate methods (death, teleportation, Jade's intervention, other stuff I can't think of)...or just don't prototype their sprites...and the session stays un-prototyped?

This would be really interesting, because it would free up the narrative for more English-related matters, and it would also let us see what a blank-slate session looks like.

There's normally a penalty for this: Skaia doesn't evolve and thus can't produce a new universe to live in.

But we don't know if that is an issue or not, since they might still have Jade's volcano/tadpole to fall back on.

edit: Hypothetically, Jane could get back to Earth by riding one of the meteors, but I'm not even sure if an unprototyped session, being still at a white-black stalemate, would even start the meteor cycle.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Right at the end there, was Jane having a having a prophetic cloud-viewing of herself having a prophetic cloud-viewing? :psyduck:

Now that you mention it, a totally un-prototyped session may be exactly what Jade is hoping for, since that would leave English stuck in a dead end while she can still produce a new universe with her tadpole. That assumes it is still alive after falling into the volcano though.

And of course Jane isn't dead. No exploding mailbox gently poofs in a cloud of black smoke for several seconds before finally catching on fire. She was just playing a cruel prank to escape from Dad (and the readers).

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Infinity Mechanism :swoon:

Honestly more excited about the promise of an oncoming album, but that was a pretty slick flash all the same. If it represents a skip in time and we're going to be dropped in the middle of the kids exploring the game universe I hope we haven't gone so far ahead as to miss the part where Bro has an act-long swordfight for no discernible reason :ohdear:

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Infinity Mechanism :swoon:

Honestly more excited about the promise of an oncoming album, but that was a pretty slick flash all the same. If it represents a skip in time and we're going to be dropped in the middle of the kids exploring the game universe I hope we haven't gone so far ahead as to miss the part where Bro has an act-long swordfight for no discernible reason :ohdear:

I'm kind of hoping we'll finally be able to see the hash modus rap battle that was foreshadowed in Dave's introduction (where he loaded up his sylladex with a ton of dangerous stuff before strifing with Bro on the roof).

Pozzo
Nov 4, 2009

What is like posting in a thread?
A Ballista, that's what!

Tw1tchy posted:

Don't know how many of you have seen this, but it's by BlahStudios who makes amazing homestuck typography videos.

It's a collaboration called "The shipping wall", 20 minutes of typography videos of all the relationships in homestuck. Some of it's a bit silly, but, yknow, shippers. Anything made by Blah though is generally not mushy and instead pretty dang cool. You can tell some of the people in the video aren't as good as editing as others, but it's still nice.

Part I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6KmtOgYxYI&hd=1

Part II
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF3ML4jMEUc&hd=1

Edit: For those who don't want to watch 10/20 minutes of footage or want to see some of BlahStudio's nonshipping stuff, here's some other great videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpdFUQK0HcE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SttG15EEgyQ

Jesus F. Christ the pop music in all of these videos is utterly excruciating

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Bobulus posted:

So here's a weird idea:

Assuming Jane actually 'died' in that mailbox explosion and didn't just, like, faint, or something, then she's stuck in the session and can't get back to Earth to do it properly.

We also see a cloud vision that shows the black and white chess pieces fighting at a stalemate, as they do pre-prototyping, without it expanding or anything, which seems significant.

What if the other three kids also get into the session through alternate methods (death, teleportation, Jade's intervention, other stuff I can't think of)...or just don't prototype their sprites...and the session stays un-prototyped?

This would be really interesting, because it would free up the narrative for more English-related matters, and it would also let us see what a blank-slate session looks like.

There's normally a penalty for this: Skaia doesn't evolve and thus can't produce a new universe to live in.

But we don't know if that is an issue or not, since they might still have Jade's volcano/tadpole to fall back on.

edit: Hypothetically, Jane could get back to Earth by riding one of the meteors, but I'm not even sure if an unprototyped session, being still at a white-black stalemate, would even start the meteor cycle.

Wouldn't another issue be that there'd be no Black King to defeat and thus, scepter to destroy? The troll's session and what we know about Sburb seems to show that the Black King being killed and his scepter being destroyed is needed to start the endgame. Without prototyping before entering the game, there'd be no battlefield where Prospit would lose, and thus no Black King with scepter to defeat.

If he did exist even without prototying, would he be just the generic unprototyped one we see in [S]WV?: Rise Up or just literally be a chess piece? In that state, would killing him still start the end game, or does he need the scepter to do so?

Bringing the kid's Battlefield still has some issues. Since the Black King there was killed by Jack, what would trigger the endgame in their Battlefield? Jack cut the Black King's scepter in half, but that didn't trigger the end-game. Maybe doing something like killing Jack and/or destroying the White King's scepter is needed instead because the game registered Jack as the one that started the Reckoning, and is thus the kid's new target to start the end game.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I'm saying maybe they don't even need to start the endgame.

Let's look at this from a video-game perspective. In a video game, the game proceeds completely because of triggers. Stuff like "when object A arrives at location B, trigger event C". With the artificial gate on progress being that you can't get object A until after you've done events X, Y, and Z.

...but if you somehow obtain object A by a means other than the planned one, you could go to location B and trigger event C when it didn't make logical sense to do this. (Incidentally, it's a situation like this that lets you get silly stuff like General Leo standing beside his own grave, mourning himself. Courtey Elephantgun's FF6-glitching LP)

I'm wondering the final act of this story, after dealing with Lord English, is going to be them showing up at the end of this game having skipped the beginning and the middle.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
The Black King definitely exists in SOME form, as both prospit and derse seem to have inhabitants, and way back when nannasprite stated that the simple, eternal stalemate struggle has been going on "forever", presumably since The Medium's inception.

The White King must also exist because, if I recall correctly, the White king's scepter is the one that starts the Reckoning, after it has been captured by the Black king when the prospitans are inevitably defeated and we've already seen one or two meteors in the sky of the new session. Though I guess that could tie into the whole bifurcation of the B1 kids causing all this session B2 weirdness thats going on.

edit: making facts more accurater

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 30, 2011

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

Rose did make a note about how catastrophic it would be for John not to prototype anything, back when he was helping Jade enter the game. So its not completely out of left field.

I'm wondering the Agents and Dersites would be handled. Just a few guys hanging out, nothing special, like Spades Slick? Would the Queen's ring just be a regular plain ring?

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Is there anybody else who can't view the flash? It starts loading, gets to 2%, then the load indicator disappears and it never loads the rest of the way.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Bobulus posted:

I'm saying maybe they don't even need to start the endgame.

Let's look at this from a video-game perspective. In a video game, the game proceeds completely because of triggers. Stuff like "when object A arrives at location B, trigger event C". With the artificial gate on progress being that you can't get object A until after you've done events X, Y, and Z.

...but if you somehow obtain object A by a means other than the planned one, you could go to location B and trigger event C when it didn't make logical sense to do this. (Incidentally, it's a situation like this that lets you get silly stuff like General Leo standing beside his own grave, mourning himself. Courtey Elephantgun's FF6-glitching LP)

I'm wondering the final act of this story, after dealing with Lord English, is going to be them showing up at the end of this game having skipped the beginning and the middle.

I like to think of it like Chrono Trigger, where if youre strong enough you can just beat the game in the first 10 minutes with Crono and Marle. (On a New Game +)

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Ubik posted:

Is there anybody else who can't view the flash? It starts loading, gets to 2%, then the load indicator disappears and it never loads the rest of the way.

Try ctrl+F5, it will make it completely load over again.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I can see how an unprototyped session might be a thing that happens - really, what's the point of setting up a Black King and Black Queen at this point, the kids would probably obliterate them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Bobulus posted:

So here's a weird idea:

Honestly, I've been of the opinion that this session wouldn't have a workable battlefield since Cascade. Jade brought the battlefield for some reason, even though the tadpole is still on LOFAF. Add to that, Jane's Prospit doesn't have prototyping towers. Going from the books in Rose's castle, there's some sort of plot hook that's going to add orbs to the rings. The same rings that seem to be heading straight to the new session.